LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

I love Dartrix.

I hope its final evolution will be fabulous like Serperior.

Same here. Rowlet's still my first choice.

The starters are said to share a secret with Rockruff, and what's special about Rockruff? It's evolution is different based on which version it's from. Most likely this will happen with the starters as well.

I certainly hope so! Initially I would have liked the quadruped evo to be in Moon, but all version exclusives that I prefer so far are in Sun so I don't know what to wish for now. Whether I'll move to Sun or stay with Moon is up to Torracat's possible evolutions now.(along with the existence of GTS) xd.png

It's called "dartrix". Dart. The step from firing darts to firing arrows isn't that big. (especially not in pokémon perspectives) The fact the other half of its name is tricks could refer to him being a bit of a ninja, so that works as well. However, tricks could also refer to a magician. Rowlet and Dartrix both look like butlers. For Rowlet's name I think round owl, although I don't know why the "et" would be behind it. Perhaps because Rowlet is small?

Litten is pretty obvious: lit kitten. Now what does Torracat come from? Of course the last part is cat, leaving us with "torra". I have no idea what this would come from, but it does give me a Mexican wrestler-feel.

Poplio... lio for sea lion, pop would probably be for popular, or *pop* as in the sound a bubble makes when it *pops*. Brionne... need to look that one up as well.

Now the names from the starter leaks.

Archoot: Archer + Hoot. Also vaguely contains Hood.

Beltigre: Belt + Tigre (Spanish for tiger, pointing at the Mexican wrestler again, with belt as well btw, although that's just wrestling in general)

Syrene: Serene + Siren, no clue on the y other than the completely unrelated word sylvan; might just be them taking liberties.

What do you think of this?

For Rowlet's name I think round owl, although I don't know why the "et" would be behind it. Perhaps because Rowlet is small?

Young owls are called Owlets, and bulbapedia speculates it's a combination of that and round.

And Dartrix could also be dart plus Strix, the Owl genus.

Edited by CharonDusk

Brionne could be related to brine, and maybe lion (as in sea lion -> seal).

Edited by Ashywolf

@CharonDusk That makes a lot of sense!

@Ashywolf Hmm, haven't thought about that yet. Could be. smile.gif

Litten is  pretty obvious: lit kitten. Now what does Torracat come from? Of course the last part is cat, leaving us with "torra". I have no idea what this would come from, but it does give me a Mexican wrestler-feel.

Torra in Google Translate means Dry in Swedish.

Found this: Torracat may be a combination of torrid (very hot and dry) and cat. It may also involve tora, Japanese for tiger.

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

So Torracat is a very hot and dry tiger cat. That works.

If Beltigre ends up being the real name of the final form, I'd be more than glad to take it no matter what it looks like. (gotta love that El Tigre reference xd.png)

mmmm popplio is my least favorite of the starters to begin with and brionne doesn't make it better ><

I'll still be going for rowlet.

Those leaks are getting quite convincing, eh, guys?

Dartrix's archer-like skills.

Torracat's flame-shooting organ and powerful front legs.

Brionne's frilly-skirt-thing design.

i really hope they release the song that plays in the evolved starter trailer/legendaries trailer... i want it!! it has a really different sound from most of the pokemon soundtrack

Edited by Switch

Those leaks are getting quite convincing, eh, guys?

Dartrix's archer-like skills.

Torracat's flame-shooting organ and powerful front legs.

Brionne's frilly-skirt-thing design.

Not to mention Dartrix has arrowhead-shaped feathers on the underside of the wings and round spots on the backs of the wings, same as that one supposed leak...

Young owls are called Owlets, and bulbapedia speculates it's a combination of that and round.

And Dartrix could also be dart plus Strix, the Owl genus.

That would help the benefit the leak that Rowlet's final stage is an archer, since a dart is a weapon similar to an arrow as its a projectile designs for long-range combat.

Okay so we got Alolan grimer.

We also got some more evos, one for Type:Null and one for the little dragon guy with the heart on his head... and another for him too.

Dang it. And here I thought I was set for a starter and then this had to change my mind.

Dang it. And here I thought I was set for a starter and then this had to change my mind.

This made me cry... always aim high popplio! We know you deserve to become a legendary!!!

Anyway, the evolution for Type: Null basically proves that it's made to be a copy of Arceus, who is heavily involved with alchemy, and Type: Null and it's evolution are both chimeras, which are also heavily linked with alchemy, proving this even more. Arceus being revealed in gen 4, so gen 4 remakes confirmed? xd.png (also with copies of the Diamond Head and Pearl Harbor on the map)

Alolan Grimer is....okay. I'll wait to see Alolan Muk first, make sure they don't pull a Raticate on it. But Jang-mo and Null's evolutions I am absolutely IN LOVE with. I like Silvadi's almost Griffin-like appearance, and I'm a sucker for "artificial" Pokemon ever since gen 1, and Jangm-o's evolution is....I don't know what it is I like about it, but I just love it. Maybe it gives a bit of a crocodile/alligator vibe? xd.png I dunno.

Jangmo-o's evolution is a samurai dragon and I totally like Silvadi even though I wasn't too fond of Type: Null.

There's another trailer with more new Pokemon and a couple new characters.

Alolan Muk is living modern art and it's so trippy I love it

There's another trailer with more new Pokemon and a couple new characters.

Alolan Muk is living modern art and it's so trippy I love it

Someone posted in the comments on youtube that the colors on Muk resemble the rainbow colors in oil, which makes a lot of sense. I think it looks a lot better than Grimer.

I'm happy with the dragon's evo line. It looks pretty cool. Still doesn't top the design for Salamence, but that's my fault for putting her on such a high pedestal. biggrin.gif;

Silvally's "RKS System" is obviously meant to sound like "Arceus System".

I feel like Tsareena is their way of kinda keeping Serena in pokémon forever, or well, a reference to her. xd.png

Alolan Muk is awesome - totally justifies Alolan Grimer.

Kommo-o's Clangning Scales is going to be pretty good.

I hope Ribbombee gets a good hidden ability.

But in general I really like all of this.

I'm honestly kind of disappointed that Ribombee is just a cutesy bee, considering irl bee flies are parasites that lay their eggs in beehives and steal all their resources. *slides gamefreak $20* menacing but still fluffy final Cutiefly evo please

And I love that Bounsweet, which spends its entire life running away from Pokemon trying to eat it and not getting help from anyone, just completely stops giving a censorkip.gif once it evolves and can protect itself. You go, kid. Nobody can blame you.

Alolan Muk!!! The colors!!!! I really love all the lore in gen 7 surrounding evolution and how humans and Pokemon interact each other, as opposed to the whole "this Pokemon is so powerful it can destroy the entire planet" angle.

Pokemon is really working hard since Yokai Watch pretty much dethroned it in Japan and it shows! All these 'mons have so much personality. I love Tsareena so much

I'm honestly kind of disappointed that Ribombee is just a cutesy bee, considering irl bee flies are parasites that lay their eggs in beehives and steal all their resources. *slides gamefreak $20* menacing but still fluffy final Cutiefly evo please

I... don't think $20 will change GameFreak's mind... what about $20M?

I... don't think $20 will change GameFreak's mind... what about $20M?

Yeah that was the joke, thanks for ruining it

Why are people freaking about about Type: Null and Silvally anyway? I mean, Arceus is a very powerful and adaptable Pokemon, and there were genetic experiments even way back in gen 1. Is it revolutionary or surprising at all that people would try to recreate its abilities? I mean, it's kind of silly to me that the only difference between evolutions is a restraining helmet and a helmet-shaped head, but it's not incredibly remarkable to me other than that.

Is it because people keep thinking of Arceus as the main god that has ultimate authority over all the other gods because stop that too

I've said this before, I'll say it again; let people believe what they want to believe, so long as it's not getting so heated as to become aggressive. After all, it's only a video game series, people can develop their own theories if they want to.

Overall, I like the newest leak; Tsareena has a strange elegance to it, Silvally is interesting to say the least because we don't know if or how it will be important to the plot, Rhombee is.....meh, Alolan Muk is art pretty neat looking and I've already said how much I love the Jangm-o line.

Edited by CharonDusk