LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

ALL ABOARD

THE

HYPE

TRAAAIN

I will buy so many copies of Pokemon Moon it's not even funny. (Not really; but... I am so hyped about a main series game having Moon in it... you don't even know. wub.gif)

On topic:

What do you all most want out of a brand new game?

-MOONS.

But really, I'm honestly hoping for a Mega Evolution of Flygon and something similar for Johto legends. Any extra focus on Johto is a plus for me, I have the most memories in it. I'm looking for more type combinations as well, such as more Dragon and Fairy types. Most of all these, though, I'm *really* hoping they finally come out with a Dolphin Pokemon...

Do you think Pokemon Z is going to happen?

-No. If it does, though, it wouldn't surprise me.

Edit: Obligatory, thank you PieMaster.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Edited by Sapphire Ryu

I like that, if these are next gen, they went for sun and moon (it was only a matter of time but you know) That being said, if previous rumors about this gen being China inspired are true, I think the names are well suited. My knowledge of Chinese mythology isn't great but I'm almost positive the Sun and moon represent a major part of it. Can't wait to see what we get tomorrow.

I like that, if these are next gen, they went for sun and moon (it was only a matter of time but you know) That being said, if previous rumors about this gen being China inspired are true, I think the names are well suited. My knowledge of Chinese mythology isn't great but I'm almost positive the Sun and moon represent a major part of it. Can't wait to see what we get tomorrow.

If this turns out to be true, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Pokemon are inspired by the Zodiac, including the legendaries.

Is Pokemon Sun and Moon gonna be some spin-off of the Journey to the West or something like Dragonball? xd.png That's my main concern if I even play it.

Anyways, I'm kinda sick of the Pokemon Company milking Mega Evolutions. I really hope it's more simple like the old games.

Well, that's my ten cents.>

If moon and sun don't have mega lunatone and mega solrock than they missed out.

Ooooor they could make evolutions for them!

If it is like Journey to the West in some way, it would be interesting, possibly in that it isn't a linear storyline like most (all?) Pokemon games- could it be a somewhat pseudo-open world where you can challenge any gym whenever you get to it, and just challenge the Elite 4 equivalents after you get all the badges in whatever order? That would be really interesting...

I agree with Solrock/Lunatone, I was thinking at the least they'd be version exclusives. Personally I'd like to see them with an evolution, not so much a Mega.

Let this be the generation to reignite my love for Pokemon...

As long as I don't get stressed over competitive-level training when I don't even battle others, I love the games <3

Looking forward to the direct aaaa

What do you all most want out of a brand new game?

-MOONS.

But really, I'm honestly hoping for a Mega Evolution of Flygon and something similar for Johto legends. Any extra focus on Johto is a plus for me, I have the most memories in it. I'm looking for more type combinations as well, such as more Dragon and Fairy types. Most of all these, though, I'm *really* hoping they finally come out with a Dolphin Pokemon...

I'm pretty sure their will be a Mega Flygon, since they wanted to make one for Gen 3 remake, but ran out of time. I bet he looks cooler than ever. wink.gif

I've already stated what I want to see as far as megas go. *huggles her Raichu and Lapras*

But seriously, I think a Dolphin pokemon would be great, it'd counter the Sharpedo well. I just want fresh new villains that don't copy the previous baddies. I want more storyline gameplay and I just want a great game.

Ou~ The direct's starting in about 5 minutes! *grabs her popcorn and soft drink* wub.gif

You can watch here!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-pok...y/1100-6435118/

or here!

http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo\

Edit: Gah!!!!!! So much hype! *squeals!*

ETA: I am so totally excited right now! And we get them later this year?! AND we get to transfer our pokemon from those old classic, wonderful games over to the new ones?! Damn it I wish I wasn't in a library right now so I could scream for joy!

Edited by Syiren

DECEMBER 2016 HYPE!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone knows by now that "holiday" is a kinder way of saying "end of year" but still YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I can't wait for a Mega Flygon! And hopefully a Dolphin Pokemon, too! I wish they had revealed some details about Sun/Moon more than just some quick screen flashes, but... HYPE!

i really want to know what the starters are hhh that kinda disappointed me that they didnt even show art

DECEMBER 2016 HYPE!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone knows by now that "holiday" is a kinder way of saying "end of year" but still YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I can't wait for a Mega Flygon! And hopefully a Dolphin Pokemon, too! I wish they had revealed some details about Sun/Moon more than just some quick screen flashes, but... HYPE!

Same, but still, to know that the Chinese theme is confirmed as well, or at least, it might as well have been with the new added languages. Oh I hope this means a Mega Arcanine. wub.gif

I don't know how I'll be able to wait that long. It's bad enough I'm waiting for two other favorite games to come out. I'm so getting Pokémon Yellow version.

Yes, Mega Arcanine would be wicked cool! Probably very fluffy too!

You can watch on the official Nintendo site too if the others are being slow. xd.png

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/02-26-2016/

Edit: And speaking of Yellow, Syiren, it looks like Mew glitch is still in, and you don't need a Pikachu with surf to do that one mini game on the beach. cool.gif

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/4...onsole_release/

Edited by Gamekatt101

SO CONFIRM

MANY HYPE

VERY ENTHUSE

WOW

MUCH GAME

Hah! That about sums it up perfectly, I'd say. xd.png

All aboard the hype train! No brakes, no stopping this train. CHOO CHOOOO MOTHER MUDKIPS!!!!

I think no details are coming out because of the x and y leaks that happened....

hmm, something i noticed was that the 3d bird pokemon model shown in the direct resembles a hummingbird, and that leaked pokemon roster mentioned a flying type pokemon called "hummer" (but it's listed as pure flying type which is weird cuz game freak is allergic to pure flying type pokemon)

it could be a coincidence honestly tho people have had ideas for hummingbird pokemon for a while

Edited by Switch

hmm, something i noticed was that the 3d bird pokemon model shown in the direct resembles a hummingbird, and that leaked pokemon roster mentioned a flying type pokemon called "hummer" (but it's listed as pure flying type which is weird cuz game freak is allergic to pure flying type pokemon)

it could be a coincidence honestly tho t's just something i noticed

I think that was just Fletchling, though we'd need a screenshot to be sure. ohmy.gif

Probably a good thing. GF doesn't like it when things they planned to be a fun surprise down the road are revealed/data mined right outta the cart soon after public release, so they're staying mum while the new game is still in their possession.

I try to avoid spoilers so I can be surprised as much as possible anyway.

Oh wow, sure isn't! They showed it so fast that I was sure, but wow. Can't wait to see what it turns out to be, then! wub.gif

People are speculating either a woodpecker or a humming bird, I hope it's a hummer but looking at it again the colors seem too dull, so it may be a woodpecker

Edited by Switch

Aaah I'm hyped!! The 20th anniversary video almost made my cry by itself too omfg I love Pokemon

Re: the Chinese mythology stuff though: I'm not an expert but literally the only myth I can remember off the top of my head that involves the sun is the story in which Yi kills nine of the sun crows to save the world?? (Not counting versions of the creation myth where Pangu's eyes become the sun and moon because it's just kind of mentioned offhandedly and not a major part or anything.) The moon is definitely a recurring motif but those two aren't really a set most of the time. Also I mean, the sun and moon are the two giant glowing orbs that dominate our planet's skies, I'm pretty sure every single culture's mythology/religion involves them to some extent.

(Also I haven't read Journey to the West in years but I'm pretty sure it was linear as all hell?? The entire book from start to end is about the protagonists trying to reach India. They just get sidetracked a lot because all the monsters want to eat the monk guy so he gets kidnapped once every two pages.)

Like, don't get me wrong, I want Sun and Moon to be China-inspired more than anyone, I just don't think these are very good arguments in favour of it.

I'm also really bitter about Arcanine tbh because while I do like it, foo dogs are pretty much just a gross misinterpretation of actually-Chinese stone guardian lions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ don't mind me I'll just be here in the corner