LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Neither of the new pokemon really.....look good to me. Of course I've changed my mind in the past but unless they get good evo's or are available early ingame I don't think I'm gonna use them.

Something that I'm interested about is the new "amie" I mean its clearly not the Amie we see in XY so I wonder what sort of changes we can expect to see.

Things that would be neat: Eocene fossil Pokemon. Maybe Titanoboa and Basilosaurus?

oooh yes I'd love to see what the new fossil pokemon look like. I think I'd like to see a raptor perhaps? I know technically Archeops can be seen as a raptor but I always saw it as an Archeopteryx, i mean the name is right there xd.png

The ghost/fairy pokemon is amazing. It's so cute it hurts!

Things that would be neat: Eocene fossil Pokemon. Maybe Titanoboa and Basilosaurus?

Ooooooh, now a Titanoboa would definitely be an interesting one. Or maybe one based on one of the Phorusrhacidae aka the terror birds?

Pokémon Amie is back with added features!!! YUS!!! wub.gif

oooh yes I'd love to see what the new fossil pokemon look like. I think I'd like to see a raptor perhaps? I know technically Archeops can be seen as a raptor but I always saw it as an Archeopteryx, i mean the name is right there xd.png

Archen is the microraptor.

I would love to see a freaking raptor in this game <3 I would use that more then any other Pokémon xd.png

I just watched the new trailer. I wish my Pokemon adventure was as adorable as this kid's.

My only complaint about Mimikkyu is that, since its costume is apparently based on Pikachu merchandise from 20 years ago, they totally could have based it off the original fat Pikachu with the round belly:

user posted image

I can just imagine this mysterious shadow creature rolling around in an egg-shaped fat Pikachu costume. Oh well, it's cute enough as it is.

I know what they are, been playing long enough. But do forgive me for momentarily forgetting the "correct" term, since it's obviously such vital knowledge.

Anyway, something else occurred. The ghost thing wants love, right? It'd be cool if it changed it's sheet to whichever Pokemon in your team is happiest, like it thinks it's gonna get more love by pretending to be the "favourite"

And if it does get an evolution, I hope it's a happiness based one.

Of course I forgive your mistake. I mentioned it just in case. smile.gif

And that's a lovely idea!

Edited by Felixr2

New pokemon! Gotta say I am LOVING the new horse. Having it be the type it is makes a lot of sense too.

That flower pokemon is very fitting for Hawaii. I also find it pretty cute. I'm glad the pika-ghost is ghost/fairy. I don't think we have many of that type combo if any.

New horse Pokemon AND it's based on a Clydesdale?! ohmy.gif LOVE IT!

But seriously, Bewear? Really? There's some bad puns out there, but that takes the cake. Calling it, the anime episode this thing debuts in will be called "Beware of Bewear!" or something equally corny.

That flower pokemon is very fitting for Hawaii. I also find it pretty cute. I'm glad the pika-ghost is ghost/fairy. I don't think we have many of that type combo if any.

Mimikyu will be the first Ghost/Fairy type.

Also anybody else thinking Wimpod might be a fossil pokémon?

Edited by Felixr2

Mimikyu will be the first Ghost/Fairy type.

Also anybody else thinking Wimpod might be a fossil pokémon?

Wimpod can't be a fossil Pokemon. All fossils are part rock type

Rampardos-Pure Rock (and the only one who is)

Kabotops/Omastar/Carracosta- Water/Rock

Aerodactyl/Archeops- Flying/Rock

Amarldo- Bug/Rock

Cradilly- Grass/Rock

Bastidon- Steel/Rock

Amaura- Ice/Rock

Tyrantrum - Dragon/Rock

Oh true... didn't look at it's typing yet :/...

So sad... but hey! That virtually means more pokémon!

Wimpod isn't a fossil, it's a horseshoe crab/giant isopod. Those are both extant species.

Still no new ice type or dark type yet, I hope next reveal has one or both of those types.

Bewear's name pun is magnificent. I told you guys it was a bear in a costume.

Mimikyu's costume being a substitute is incredibly cool, although this means I can never fight it because I don't want to ruin its adorable efforts D=

Bounsweet is weirding me out because, well, it's a cut-in-half mangosteen, but its description is silly and adorable and I'll reserve judgement until I see any evolutions.

I really love how the descriptions are focusing on how humans interact with these Pokemon in-universe rather than the old "Magcargo is awesome because it's hotter than the sun!!" angle.

When I first saw Comfey, it reminded me of Flabébe. I know it's not holding a whole flower, but it is holding multiple flower petals :/

I think I like Bewear because it remind me of a red panda <3

I guess it wouldn't really be a Hawai'i based pokemon game without a living Lei xd.png At least it looks cute

I really don't like the look of that Bear racoon thing... looks too stupid.

The horse looks cool, looks like it's going into gear second :/ Heres hoping it has gum gum jet hoof

I found another thing that obviously proves I was wrong in thinking Wimpod could be a fossil pokémon. In the in-game footage you see it's ability triggering to make it flee from a battle; something only wild pokémon can do. This means you can encounter wimpod in the wild, e.g. it's not a fossil pokémon. It does have the same height as kabuto. Kabuto draws back in it's shell when threatened, while Wimpod flees from battles it can't win, pretty similar nature, except for Wimpod having a better retreat plan, what explains why Kabuto went extinct and Wimpod didn't. Btw, Wimpod and Kabuto are both based off a horseshoe crab. Fossil pokémon can be based off of "living fossils". But this does make it look a lot like they're related, giving the possibility of Wimpod evolving into something more like Kabutops...

Personally, I don't think "horseshoe crab" when I look at Winpod like I did with Kabuto. Wimpod looks much more like a trilobite, a long-extinct relative of the crab. So the idea of them having similar evolutions isn't too far-fetched.

As for it being a fossil Pokemon, that could still be a (highly unlikely) possibility. Don't forget, these videos aren't final game footage, as it says at the bottom. They could've temporarily coded a wild Wimpod in order to show off the ability.

That said, I think it's a wild Pokemon, possibly an early water type. Maybe even this Gen's Magikarp?

Edited by CharonDusk

I almost forgot about one Pokemon. Relicanth. Relicanth is the only fossil Pokemon that you can catch in the wild because of it being based off an ancient fish, which previously thought to be extinct. If Wimpod is based off of a very old and distant animal that is extinct, then it'd be the first fossil Pokemon who'd be bucking tradition by not being part rock type. It's still cute to me cause it looks like it has a worried look on its face.