LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

New Pokemon. For some reason it reminds me of Sandile. I like it already.

Looks interesting with a competitive ability to boot. I'm anticipating a cool evolve form, if any

Thanks to the electric lizard from XY we probably won't get an evolved form with frills. Which is a shame. I was imagining what it'd look like based on that one dinosaur from Jurassic Park that spread its frills and shot poison. That would have made an interesting evolved form for this guy.

I'm trying to think of other lizard breeds we don't have, but would look great as pokemon. Perhaps an iguana? or even a Bearded dragon?

Thanks to the electric lizard from XY we probably won't get an evolved form with frills. Which is a shame. I was imagining what it'd look like based on that one dinosaur from Jurassic Park that spread its frills and shot poison. That would have made an interesting evolved form for this guy.

I'm trying to think of other lizard breeds we don't have, but would look great as pokemon. Perhaps an iguana? or even a Bearded dragon?

Since it's poison type I'd imagine a gila monster inspired evo

Since it's poison type I'd imagine a gila monster inspired evo

That'd be awesome too, also someone on youtube commented a possible komodo dragon evolution which uses poison to hunt in real life.

A Dilophosaurus Pokemon would be pretty cool. But I'd love to see one based on a Plesiosaur or a Liopleurodon or a Mosasaur.

A Dilophosaurus Pokemon would be pretty cool. But I'd love to see one based on a Plesiosaur or a Liopleurodon or a Mosasaur.

I always thought that Lapras was based off of Plesiosaur, or was at least loosely based.

Two new Pokémon Inbound The ghost-Fairy looking Pikachu named Mimikkyu and a normal-fighting bear looking thing called Kiteruguma

Edit: Apparently we have two Pikachu like clones in this game

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

The ghost thing's fake Pikachu head isn't its face. The face is the eyes on what looks like the stomach.

I think it's flipping adorable.

I always thought that Lapras was based off of Plesiosaur, or was at least loosely based.

It is, but it's be awesome if we got one that was more of a predator. Lapras seems far too kind to be a carnivore. And I really hope it gets a mega or even a baby form.

I'm not sure how true this is, but I went to GameStop and the guy working there said the release date was set for November 18th.

Does anyone have an image of the new pokemon you're talking about? I thought the last newest revealed one was Salandit.

Edited by Syiren

Well, i wouldn't call Mimmikyu a pikaclone, because it is simply wearing old pikachu merchandise. It wants to be loved by humans like Pikachu is. Also, it's not an elctric type. And this unofficial translation of it's name is already pretty english-like. (Mimic You ---> Mimmikyu)

It is, but it's be awesome if we got one that was more of a predator. Lapras seems far too kind to be a carnivore. And I really hope it gets a mega or even a baby form.

I'm not sure how true this is, but I went to GameStop and the guy working there said the release date was set for November 18th.

Does anyone have an image of the new pokemon you're talking about? I thought the last newest revealed one was Salandit.

Go to Serebii, they have all the July stuff and yes, the release date if set for that date.

Ah, sorry about that

Mimikyu is incredibly, incredibly charming. Look at the scribbly Pikachu face!! The awkward wooden tail!! It's trying its best and its best is adorable.

I'm also enjoying the fact that the other one is a cute friendly bear in a kigurumi and everyone is absolutely terrified of it.

That bear just seems. Meh. The shape is so unnatural, I think that's why.

I don't know why, but the bear makes me think of a teenage pancham wearing a pink bear mask trying it's best to be a superhero. xd.png

The ghost seems interesting. I would love to see if it gets an evolution.

i cant believe game freak is giving me not one but TWO new pika sons this generation im so happy im drowning in sons i love mimitsukiyu

The bear is actually a tanuki judging by it's tail.

Also the ghost guy looks pretty cool, reminds me of Jeris puppet from digimon tamers.

The bear is actually a tanuki judging by it's tail.

Also the ghost guy looks pretty cool, reminds me of Jeris puppet from digimon tamers.

A tanuki tail is actually pretty different from the bear's tail. I think in this case the wish was the father of the thought for you. Also, the rest of it's body shows like zero similarity with a tanuki, aside from fur, 4 paws and a head with two eyes, a nose, a mouth and two ears. That's it. I'm not even sure if it actually has a mouth...

It looks like it's supposed to be a bear wearing a costume to me. Maybe it's a tanuki costume.

The bear. It's Monokuma in disguise. A very bad disguise.

The pika-ghost.....just.....no. Just no. We have a pikaclone, why are you trying to shoehorn another one in?

They both look so....forgettable. I hope they get some good evolutions to make up for it.

I don't really see it as a pikaclone since it's basically just a sheet ghost. That if you try to take the sheet off it'll inflict disease on you. Gotta love pokemon descriptions.

It would be cool if others had different sheet designs.

I'm not fond of the bear though. Kind of a pedobear look to it...

I don't really see it as a pikaclone since it's basically just a sheet ghost. That if you try to take the sheet off it'll inflict disease on you. Gotta love pokemon descriptions.

It would be cool if others had different sheet designs.

I'm not fond of the bear though. Kind of a pedobear look to it...

That would be a nice little poke-specific move, being able to change into other sheets like a ditto, but I'm kinda doubting it will. Still, I'll train one just to test the typing, especially if it has an interesting evolution. Maybe something where it non longer has the sheet?

....I was trying to think of what the bear reminded me of. I will be very surprised if GTS isn't filled with them having that as a name.

Edited by CharonDusk

That would be a nice little poke-specific move, being able to change into other sheets like a ditto, but I'm kinda doubting it will. Still, I'll train one just to test the typing, especially if it has an interesting evolution. Maybe something where it non longer has the sheet?

....I was trying to think of what the bear reminded me of. I will be very surprised if GTS isn't filled with them having that as a name.

The usual term for what you call a "poke-specific move" is signature move. Similarly there are also signature abilities, like Zorua and Zoroark's illusion.

The usual term for what you call a "poke-specific move" is signature move. Similarly there are also signature abilities, like Zorua and Zoroark's illusion.

I know what they are, been playing long enough. But do forgive me for momentarily forgetting the "correct" term, since it's obviously such vital knowledge.

Anyway, something else occurred. The ghost thing wants love, right? It'd be cool if it changed it's sheet to whichever Pokemon in your team is happiest, like it thinks it's gonna get more love by pretending to be the "favourite"

And if it does get an evolution, I hope it's a happiness based one.

Edited by CharonDusk

I thought the bear was a red panda?

Now that you mention it, when I look at it, it does remind me of a red panda!