LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

honestly all i came here to say is that

1. cutiefly is the Best and no one can convince me otherwise

2. rockruff is everything i was hoping iwanko's english name would be

Edited by catmosphere

im actually kind of surprised togedemaru's name is its english name too, when it was first leaked i thought it'd be made more english sounding for the eng translation. not a big deal tho.

Edited by Switch

I think it's because it's a pikaclone? I'm pretty sure those all have the same name in Japanese and English, maybe with a letter or two off. The other ones sounded less distinctly Japanese though so it's a little surprising they didn't change the trend for spiky mouse ball.

oh yeah you're right, most of their names are exactly the same. i didnt even notice before haha, i guess that would have something to do with it

Edited by Switch

whenever people say that the new gen pokemon games are running out of ideas & back up that statement by reducing newer pokemon designs to their most basic possible descriptions as if one couldnt do the same thing to pokemon from gens 1-3 i just like to remember the good old Gen One classic design that always puts a smile on me face:

user posted image

Six Eggs With Faces

anyway i think Tapu Koko is really cool and unique and im excited to see the other guardians (esp with the theory that they can combine.) i think the setting for sun and moon is helping to bring in some really creative ideas for pokemon. i was initially mostly excited for togedemaru but drampa and cutiefly are growing on me too. i really want togedemaru to have some kind of evolution line but the other pikaclones dont so i kinda doubt it will :\

by the way unless someone can come up with a more creative nickname for togedemaru i have to name mine Sonic

im partial to Ball and Big Ball But Reverse Color

user posted imageuser posted image

edit: togedemaru is the TRUE and HONEST Sonichu

Edited by Tehpikachu

Well, there's two options on that, either they're not doing anything and you smile, or they try to attack you and you're scared as hell. Either way you're not sad anymore lol.

Bee flies are the most harmless thing ever second only to crane flies. Well unless you are the thing being infested by gazillions of their parasitic larvae crawling inside of you.

Erm I mean if it attacked you it would look like this:

<insert gif of bumblebee bumping into a window>

Edited by Ashywolf

Finally had a chance to check out the new Pokemon. My favorites are the Dragon/Normal type (looks like Sligoo!) and the Fairy/Electric (which reminded me of Scizor with Helioptile's colors).

user posted image

(insert joke of your choice here)

A ) OMG THEY DIDN"T EVEN TRY [/sarcasam]

B ) OMG IT"S REAL

C ) I want one.

user posted image

(insert joke of your choice here)

A ) OMG THEY DIDN"T EVEN TRY [/sarcasam]

B ) OMG IT"S REAL

C ) I want one.

I think I'll go for all 3 of 'em... lol.

Lugia is probably Ryujin. Its red and white shiny form is the colors of the coral that Ryujin's palace on the seafloor was built of, and it's a draconic deity associated with storms and the sea with incredible power, and controlled the tides with jewels. And what do you summon Lugia with? The Tidal Bell.

Not to mention the three jewels needed in the ceremony in the second movie.

Another new pokemon revealed. Salandit, a poison/fire type. More importantly, the new ability called "corrosion"

It allows salandit to inflict poison status on any pokemon. Including steel and poison types that are normally immune to the poison status.

Depending on the stats and/or evolutions (if it has any) this guy is going to wreck havoc on the competitive game.

He looks a bit average in my opinion, hope his evolve form has a bit more... flavour? He's just a black lizard with a squiggle on his tail.

Actually, it's a newt, not a lizard. And personally, I really like it! I hope it evolves, but even if it doesn't, I'm using one.

Didn't really make sense for poison to not affect steel types anyway.

Didn't really make sense for poison to not affect steel types anyway.

Really? Cause I thought that it did. To be honest I think an ability like this should have been brought in a bit sooner. I kinda like it as it is but hopefully if it does evolve it will look as neat.

I guess this is the part where the conspiracy theorists go wild again because OH MY GOD, fire salamanders are a theme in alchemy? rolleyes.gif

Jokes aside though I love this weird salamander and its squishy gremlin face

Omg a newt <3 so freaking adorable!

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

How doesn't it make sense that poison doesn't affect steel types? If i pour my jar of snake poison over a steel plate, will anything happen to it? No. Poison does not affect steel at all. This means the steel cover of the steel types is a layer that protects them from the poison. This makes the corrosion ability perfect for this effect, as corrosion is rust, making holes in the plating so the poison can pass through. This all makes sense. It's simply chemistry ---> alchemy o.O

Enough said.

Omg a newt <3 so freaking adorable!

I just saw it too and it's guaranteed a spot on my team. smile.gif

How doesn't it make sense that poison doesn't affect steel types? If i pour my jar of snake poison over a steel plate, will anything happen to it? No. Poison does not affect steel at all. This means the steel cover of the steel types is a layer that protects them from the poison. This makes the corrosion ability perfect for this effect, as corrosion is rust, making holes in the plating so the poison can pass through. This all makes sense. It's simply chemistry ---> alchemy o.O

Enough said.

I guess its the topic of what "poison" is. I always thought of the poison "substance" as akin to acid. Hence, corrosion.

If it's just a chemical that has no attributes besides being toxic to ingest (i.e. "actual" poison), then sure, that makes sense. But I don't imagine poison attacks having the effect they do if this was the case.

Another new pokemon revealed. Salandit, a poison/fire type. More importantly, the new ability called "corrosion"

It allows salandit to inflict poison status on any pokemon. Including steel and poison types that are normally immune to the poison status.

Depending on the stats and/or evolutions (if it has any) this guy is going to wreck havoc on the competitive game.

I was just thinking that we're going to see this turn up at the Pokemon World Championships next year if its stats are sufficient. If a player can win with a Pachirisu, anything's possible.

I love the idea it can poison Pokemon normally immune to poisoning. I'll most likely raise it in whichever game I don't take Litten as my starter.

WELL looks like Salandit's a new favourite pokemon! I love it. I'll be having one on my team for sure.

Looks interesting with a competitive ability to boot. I'm anticipating a cool evolve form, if any