LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Things that would be hilarious: if the gen 7 Pokedex entry for Rotom is something like, "This Pokemon inhabits electronic devices, like the Pokedex you're reading right now, and is generally smart and awesome and totally the best ever."

PLEASE CAN WE HAVE THIS

I expected a new pokemon reveal, like the bird model. Oh well

Not very fond of the rotom dex, the legendary typings are interesting.

The typings are certainly interesting, but having 2 psychics as legendaries is still pretty neat. I do agree that the Sun legend being weak to fire is a little weird but from the tech-y vibe I feel like the two legends emit, maybe its a plot point for the game.

I'm sick of psychic legendaries - we have 15 of them! They're overused.

I think they overuse the Psychic type so they can have an explanation for why some legends can talk in the movies. Dumb, but eh. I was hoping Lunala would be part fairy, but as long as it can still learn Moonblast or Dazzling Gleam I'm okay with it.

Since both new legends are below my expectations(to be fair, I did have very high expectations for the moon legendary), I'm most hyped for the starters' evolutions. 'A'

Tell me about it :I Maybe I'm just biased because dragon is my third favourite type, but it especially annoys me when people complain that there are too many Dragon type legends (only 10), when Psychic has way more (17 if you include Lunala and Solgaleo, and we don't know what other legends there are, so could be even more!).

Still holding out for a poison legend. Or another bug type.

Edited by CharonDusk

I don't mind the abundance of Psychics to be honest. Its a good type for a pokemon to have. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what new legends we get besides the title pokemon. Obviously Magearna is gonna be one. I want to see a Dolphin still, maybe we'll get a dolphin legendary?

i'm not surprised that both legends have psychic types, as it's pretty common that pokemon associated with space are given that typing.

but i've also seen a lot of discussion around solgaleo in specific! while it's strange that an emissary of the sun is not fire type, you have to realize the sun is not actually on fire, but rather powered by nuclear fusion. and the last thing a star attempts to fuse before its death? iron: the main component in steel. additionally, solgaleo is also known as "the beast who devours the sun." in alchemy, there's a lion who eats the sun and symbolizes the purification of metals. both of these theories could explain the reason for the sun legends' typing, and with the name of solgaleo's ability, it could be a hint at an allusion to alchemy.

i'm really excited, though!! i love the idea of the rotom pokedex, maybe it'll allow the trainer to communicate with pokemon?

i'm really excited, though!! i love the idea of the rotom pokedex, maybe it'll allow the trainer to communicate with pokemon?

Oh god now I'm imagining yelling attacks into the 3DS mic and actually having the pokemon react... and thinking about how Siri and similar voice-operated things like to mis-hear things... that'd be fun xd.png

Oh god now I'm imagining yelling attacks into the 3DS mic and actually having the pokemon react... and thinking about how Siri and similar voice-operated things like to mis-hear things... that'd be fun xd.png

.....All I can think of with that is "Hey you, Pikachu!" xd.png

All I can say is that I'm pretty disappointed that Lunalla isn't a dark type.

But then again, that's my favorite type so I'm being biased.

Actually, the idea of speaking into the mic to give pokemon orders would be awesome! Maybe it could be something you could do in pokemon amie when you reach max hearts? If they even bring amie back.

Actually, the idea of speaking into the mic to give pokemon orders would be awesome! Maybe it could be something you could do in pokemon amie when you reach max hearts? If they even bring amie back.

I am SO for bringing amie back. The pokemon sprites following the trainer around wasn't brought back despite its popularity, though, so I'm not sure if it will return. ;0

We have a koala biggrin.gif

And a rock type puppy? Seems a little strange to be rock type but maybe the evolve form will make more sense.

I hope Pokemon Amie is brought back in these games! I think it will be, since Sylveon needs it to evolve; considering they repetitively brought back the moss and ice rocks for Leafeon and Glaceon, it'd make sense for them to retain at least some form of Pokemon Amie.

Also, I totally am in love with that puppy Pokemon. It's so nice to see a rock type that, well, isn't made entirely of rocks.

I like the new dog Pokemon. It's cute, and being a rock type is interesting. Looking forward to seeing the evolutions!

But seriously, is the new probably-Japan-exclusive arcade game going to be a way of getting Mythical Pokemon from now on? Way to exclude us westerners again, Nintendo/Game Freak. I hope this won't be the only way to get Magearna and we get it once Sun/Moon are out.

We have some new news! Link is here--->2 new pokemon

They look cute! I can't wait to catch the puppy and add him to my team. I bet he's the one we saw from behind before. As for the full version of Zygrade, I'm not too keen on the design. The attacks and abilities are awesome, but the design has a very strong Digimon feel to it. :/

ETA: @Marcus Pheonix - That gen 7 starter gif in your sig is epic! wub.gif

I am SO for bringing amie back. The pokemon sprites following the trainer around wasn't brought back despite its popularity, though, so I'm not sure if it will return. ;0

I think it was because they changed regions after that game and then moved on to the new design for the 3DS games, but hopefully it'll be different with amie. Because you could have your pokemon respond to your voice in that. It may not have understood words, but it could hear you. It's true they may not bring it back, but I hope that they will.

Edited by Syiren

But seriously, is the new probably-Japan-exclusive arcade game going to be a way of getting Mythical Pokemon from now on? Way to exclude us westerners again, Nintendo/Game Freak. I hope this won't be the only way to get Magearna and we get it once Sun/Moon are out.

while nintendo loves to play favoritism for japan, i'm sure the west won't be left out as far as getting magearna goes; i can see them doing an event like they usually do at release. you're probably absolutely right about the arcade game being japan-exclusive though, lol

but reg. the two new pokes, i looove the rock pup

the design is so adorable and i love the typing, i hope it'll end up evolving to be comparable in strength to houndoom - i can see it becoming a sturdy physical attacker!

Edited by catmosphere

Am I really the only one on here who cares more about the Koala than the dog? There are how many adorable dog pokemon but zero koalas. I want the koala to become a fighting type who beats other pokemon over the head with his log!

We've had many, many dog Pokémon over the years, and they've never managed to create one as perfectly cute as this one is. DON'T SCREW THIS UP FOR ME, EVOLVED FORMS. *threat-glares at Gamefreak*

oh my god iwanko is my new favorite dog pokemon i hope its evolution is good

man... they better bring amie back...... if i dont get to pet my pokemon and feed them cute cakes in every future pokemon installment im gonna have some strong words for game freak

Edited by Switch