LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

I just hope Litten stays on all 4 feet. I want one fire starter that don't stand up. Dx

Why is everyone hating on the type of Rowlet? I think it is rather cute <3

i personally think rowlet is the cutest of the three starters, but i think the main reason it's getting some flack is just because ice is super effective against both grass and flying, giving it a pretty horrifying ice weakness (x4 the damage!!)

tbh though, i don't think it's that bad of a pitfall, as the only powerful ice type moves are usually hard to come by in-game. with that said, i don't think it'll be likely that rowlet would be popular in the competitive metagame - ice beam is a pretty hot commodity.

but i'm also seconding demonicvampiregirl, it would be a sweet change of pace to see a the final evo of a fire starter be quadrupedal for once!! i'm so ready for my flamin' hot tiger 'mon ❤🔥

I see more people hating on Popplio, actually. Litten is easily getting the most love.

Demonicvampiregirl, I never realized that about the fire starters until I went through them in my mind! That's the only starter type that hasn't stayed on all fours through its evolutions.

the official poll by the pokemon twitter (and i think another big one on a fansite) said rowlet was the most popular, then litten, then popplio. from what ive seen on tumblr thats p accurate

i agree i really dont want litten to stand up

Edited by Switch

Hopefully litten stays on all fours, Fennekin's line was a huge disappointment to me because it didn't.

Almost every gen, if not every gen, the water starter is usually the least popular so I'm not surprised this time.

I don't see any issue with grass/ flying type. Pokemon are fictional creatures, you can't expect scientific accuracy from them. Rowlett is an owl after all.

Salamence is dragon/flying which is a 4x weakness to ice but it's one of the most popular competitive pokemon because it's so darn strong.

Anyone seen the leaked info on what could be the final evo's typings? Grass/flying, Fire/ground and Water/fighting.

These could easily just be new pokemon but people think they're going to be related to the starters. Also some speculation on whether rowlet will become grass/ground and become a ground based bird and litten will remain pure fire.

Personally I find it weird, assuming these are correct, that popplio has a 4x advantage over litten, and rowlet has a 4x advantage over popplio but litten only gets a 2x advantage over rowlet. Fire/rock would make slightly more sense, that would give it the 4x, but fire/ground is just a better typing anyway sooo...I kind of prefer a fire/ground.

XY got me into the competitive mindset so that's my only reason for hating the type combo xd.png For a regular playthrough having a flying type right off the bat will certainly help if it can learn FLY later on. Honestly, I'm hoping they keep the Soaring bit that was brought in in ORAS. Obviously not just using Latio or Latias, but at least some flying pokemon. I enjoyed it.

That was one of my favorite additions to ORAS was the ability to soar. It meant freeing up a space if I didn't have a flying type who needed to know Fly. I'm not really a fan of two-turn moves, with the exception of solar beam when combined with sunny day or a sunny ability. The fact that the flute made it possible to summon Latias/ios when they weren't even in your party was another helpful plus.

Hey, y'all need to stop hating on Grass/Flying. Sure, it's not the best typing competitively, but it's immune to Ground moves AND powder moves (like Spore)/leech seed, and it's a starter that'll be able to use Fly and Roost. Plus, thematically it's really neat, I've wanted a Grass/Flying bird starter for ages.

I have nothing against Grass/flying. Every type has its advantages and I see it as a challenge to improve thinking and strategizing skills as a trainer. Who knows, this new region may have other new typing match ups that will make this little owl's typing very helpful. We've only gotten a small glimpse of this new world guys, who knows what's to come?

And think of it this way, in a battle between Rowlet and Surskit (bug/water), our cute little owl will have no problems. smile.gif

the more I think about the starters the more I lean towards choosing Rowlet first.

Anyone seen the leaked info on what could be the final evo's typings? Grass/flying, Fire/ground and Water/fighting.

I've seen that, and tbh, I'm not a fan of Popplio being part fighting. I think, when you consider how many different types there are that either had one starter or haven't been used in a starter at all, another fighting type seems...unimaginative, especially when it would be the fifth generation in a row with a fighting starter.

Then again, I AM biased because I'm not a fan of fighting types in general...

Still, this isn't official confirmation, so we could be completely wrong. Just a case of wait and see.

Edited by CharonDusk

Personally I'd like Grass/Flying (or Grass/Dragon biggrin.gif ) Fire/Ghost (come one we need a ghost starter biggrin.gif ) and Water/Psychic... I mean it looks like a seal Mr. Mime

I just hope Litten stays on all 4 feet. I want one fire starter that don't stand up. Dx

Typhlosion is on all fours isn't he? I know when he's depicted he's reared up but on the show he's run on all fours

Has anyone seen the new Pokemon from the Corocoro magazine's trailer? There's a lot of speculation it may be a dog Pokemon, though I thought it was a deer at first.

Here's a good picture of an artist's guess:

https://i.imgur.com/7yK48Y6.jpg

Has anyone seen the new Pokemon from the Corocoro magazine's trailer? There's a lot of speculation it may be a dog Pokemon, though I thought it was a deer at first.

I got a Shiba Inu vibe from the little we saw of it. Probably this games Lillipup/Zigzagoon.

Also decided I'm gonna pick Popplio. The design has grown on me :3

Definitely feels like the early, basic dog Pokémon for the game. It reminds me of a Lillipup. I wonder what its face will look like? I hope its cute and its evolved forms are cool. I liked Lillipup and Herdier, but it's final form was a bit, 'eh' to me.

Definitely feels like the early, basic dog Pokémon for the game. It reminds me of a Lillipup. I wonder what its face will look like? I hope its cute and its evolved forms are cool. I liked Lillipup and Herdier, but it's final form was a bit, 'eh' to me.

We might find out on June 2.

I'm choosing Popplio because he's hated on the most and when I beat everyone with it, it shall be loved or you shall DIE!!! poptartFINALTINY.gif

Choosing Popplio.

It's a cute design and has potential to be water/fairy or water/fighting, both of which are good type combinations.

im waiting for the final evolutions to make my decision but im leaning towards litten right now

Edited by Switch

im waiting for the final evolutions to make my decision but im leaning towards litten right now

Same here, I hope its fire poison! or fire GHOST OHHH I WANT A GHOST FIRE CAT!

I don't hate or dislike any of them really. I wanted a hard choice and that's what I got. I'm 70% on board with choosing Rowlet, but it could change once we see the evolutuions.

While I find all the new starters really adorable, I couldn't help but instantly consider Litten my favorite. Sweet little fire kitty. Litten it shall be for me.

The typings for the legendaries in Sun and Moon have been announced! Solgaleo will be Psychic/Steel while Lunala will be Psychic/Ghost. The moves they have in the new trailer look pretty neat, but I have to say the idea of a sun legendary that's weak against Fire is... strange.

I also like the idea of a Rotom-possessed Pokedex, although I hope it's not constantly chirping at me the way Navi did in OoT; that got irritating fast. Plus Professor Kukui has to be the most laid-back professor in the series so far. laugh.gif

More details here: http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/02/pokmo...leo-and-lunala/

Just read up on the new information. Here's my thoughts;

The region; .....I can see the IGN review already xd.png But overall, I like the look of it. Tropical environments can be so varied, so it's interesting to see what they do with it.

The legends; So the names and types have been confirmed. TBH, not too fond of the typing. It's the SUN Pokemon, why is it weak to fire?! Now, Fire/Steel would've made more sense. And Lunala is the MOON Pokemon, yet it's weak to dark types. Still, at least it's another ghost legend...

Really, I'm getting an "artificial" feeling from these two, which could be an interesting little twist if they're actually man-made like Magearna. Also, that Solgaleo ability. Totally calling mine Alphonse or Edward.

The characters; The professor and your best friend don't interest me that much yet. But the professor's assistant does. Wonder why she's so mysterious (somehow related to the as-of-yet unshown bad guys?)

The QR code thing; Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh. Hopefully it will be like Poke Amie; a nice but overall unimportant feature.

The new Dex; ....Well, I'd always wondered what would happen if a Rotom got into a Dex. Now I know xd.png If it has a personality, I really hope it's a sassy little guy/gal.

Edited by CharonDusk

Also, that Solgaleo ability. Totally calling mine Alphonse or Edward.

lol, I thought the same thing when I saw that too! xd.png And I'm a huge FMA fan.

Does anyone else get a Metagross-y vibe on Solgaleo now? It's steel/psychic and it's ability negates stat reductions. Lunala's ability reminds me very much of Multiscale, which oddly enough is one of Lugia's abilities. xd.png

Not sure how I feel about the rotom dex.

Things that would be hilarious: if the gen 7 Pokedex entry for Rotom is something like, "This Pokemon inhabits electronic devices, like the Pokedex you're reading right now, and is generally smart and awesome and totally the best ever."