LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Moon bat!! I'm glad I preordered Moon. Also Rowlet is so adorable.

did you guys see the japanese live action trailer that just came out too?? its super sweet and i got all teary eyed omg

That is amazing. ;_; The feels.

Also, if anyone wants more images of the starters (reading Japanese is a bonus though not required) then check out the Japanese site: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/?yta=20160510

You can see that the fire cat has a little tuft of hair on its back when it shoots flames that's orange on the tips... adorable wub.gif

user posted image

Edited by Sapphire Ryu

Aaaaah it looks like trainer customization is back!! Hair/skintone, at least. Oh man oh man oh man.

Rowlet and the head-turny thing it does are absolutely adorable and I'm very tempted to break my water starter tradition for it, but I'll wait to see the evolutions I guess. Both legendaries look badass too hype hype

FINALLY some info! I adore litten. Please evolve into a sabretooth tiger.

Happy for trainer customization! I was a little worried we were getting stuck with white trainers in a very tropical region (seriously every character there should have at least lightly tanned skin)

I like the moon bat design, looks feminine which is appropriate for it since the moon is usually seen as female.

The grass owl is cute but the typing is horrible. Super weak to ice. Unless they give it an ability to reduce ice damage.

Now, cue the fake leaks of evolutions.

I'm guessing a sabretooth tiger for litten - fire/dark.

A great horned owl for rowlet (leaf ears) retaining grass/flying.

And a larger meaner looking sea lion water/ice or pure water for the last one

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

FINALLY some info! I adore litten. Please evolve into a sabretooth tiger.

That's what someone else said in the comments for the official pokemon youtube trailer. I hope it's true too. I would love to have a tiger pokemon. I think the closest thing Pokemon's ever had to a tiger was Arcanine because of its striped coat, and it was a dog pokemon.

It's settled, I'm definitely getting Moon version. That Bat pokemon is so awesome looking! wub.gif It reminds me of a cross between Yveltal and Noivern. I'm going to aim to get Sun later down the road, but Moon is first.

*freaks out*

OMG OMG OMG

Can't wait for Sun & Moon! I'll be starting with Rowlet! OWLS ARE SO CUTE ;_;

That's what someone else said in the comments for the official pokemon youtube trailer. I hope it's true too. I would love to have a tiger pokemon. I think the closest thing Pokemon's ever had to a tiger was Arcanine because of its striped coat, and it was a dog pokemon.

It's settled, I'm definitely getting Moon version. That Bat pokemon is so awesome looking! wub.gif It reminds me of a cross between Yveltal and Noivern. I'm going to aim to get Sun later down the road, but Moon is first.

Rakiou is probably the closest, has the fangs too but it's just not quite there. I think it's final evo is going to be fire/dark or fire/rock.

I wonder if the new starters will get megas, or maybe the kalos starters? Or gen 2 starters?

Also - can anyone think of any fun twists I could use for this game? In White I had an all female team, in soulsilver a nuzlocke and in Alpha Sapphire a Mono-Dragon team. I love giving myself a themed team or challenge.

Guys, pokemon. com's got the full details for the new starters! The hype is so real right now!

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/rowlet/

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/litten/

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/popplio/

I have no idea which stater I'll choose. ._. I said I wanted it to be hard to pick, but I didn't think it'd be this hard.

I really hope rowlet's evo gets a type change. Grass/psychic perhaps. Just to reduce some of the ice weakness.

Litten is so good though. Shoots flaming furballs and when it goes to shed it bursts into flames. So awesome (but I hope it does that outside haha)

I really hope rowlet's evo gets a type change. Grass/psychic perhaps. Just to reduce some of the ice weakness.

Litten is so good though. Shoots flaming furballs and when it goes to shed it bursts into flames. So awesome (but I hope it does that outside haha)

The little spikes of fur that appear on it's back when it attacks are so adorable, I love how they incorporated cats fluffing up when they're mad in it's design. It even looks like it's hissing when it's attacking!

The little spikes of fur that appear on it's back when it attacks are so adorable, I love how they incorporated cats fluffing up when they're mad in it's design. It even looks like it's hissing when it's attacking!

I also love how grumpy it looks.

Totally fell in love with it on first sight.

Getting Moon and starting with litten for sure.

Which is the main reason why it makes it so hard to pick from these guys! I want to start with them all! I can't choose! Rowlet looks adorable and I love how it can turn its head. Popplio reminds me of Buisel which was my favorite water pokemon from gen 4, and that cat....I just want to pick it up and cuddle it. I'd probably get burned, but I don't care. so cute.

I also love how grumpy it looks.

When you said that it reminded me of Grumpy Cat. lol

Which is the main reason why it makes it so hard to pick from these guys! I want to start with them all! I can't choose! Rowlet looks adorable and I love how it can turn its head. Popplio reminds me of Buisel which was my favorite water pokemon from gen 4, and that cat....I just want to pick it up and cuddle it. I'd probably get burned, but I don't care. so cute.

When you said that it reminded me of Grumpy Cat. lol

That's why I said grumpy lol.

It's eyes are totally grumpy cat eyes

... Gotta be honest, I'm pretty disappointed =P Another fire cat, and so soon after the fire fennec fox makes me think the creators are going for an obvious "most popular animal" scheme and it's just a letdown to me. I wish they would go back to strange animal choices, like badgers, chickens, dinosaurs. They had more character since you grew to love them even more throughout the game, not necessarily being a huge favorite right off the bat. The cat's design itself reminds me of a fakemon.

Same with fire lion legendary. Repeating well-worn themes that have ceased to interest me. The moon bat is pretty cool, I like it a lot more, but I'm not going to pretend it's the most creative choice either =P I was really hoping they'd go for designs based off of Hawaiian wildlife too, like the Nene goose. Hawaii does have one native bat though, so that gets a pass.

The seal is okay, but I was thinking back to Oshawatt's final evolution and wondering if it really needed another iteration. The owl is cute, but I imagine it's going to be a punching bag thanks to its typing. So far I'm very meh... maybe I'll be more excited as additional information and designs come out.

I was a little worried we were getting stuck with white trainers in a very tropical region (seriously every character there should have at least lightly tanned skin)

>be me

>live on tropical island

>as pale as it gets

xd.png

So far the starters are cute but... they'll have to grow on me. I think I'll have to see the final evolutions before I can pick my starter. If none of them jump out at me, I'll probably continue my tradition of going with the grass starter on my first playthrough!

So far the starters are cute but... they'll have to grow on me. I think I'll have to see the final evolutions before I can pick my starter. If none of them jump out at me, I'll probably continue my tradition of going with the grass starter on my first playthrough!

I normally go with the starter that stands out the most, but these guys are hard to pick from. I may go with Rowlet, but it depends on the final evolutions.

I'm really curious about the region and what other pokemon we'll run into.

The sun lion wasn't a surprise to me. With that name trademark leak of Solgaleo it was pretty certain that would be the sun version legend.

Though name hasn't officially been announced. Also interestingly the typing hasn't been revealed for them.

It definitely looks like it could be a fire type (though so soon after pyroar) but if they wanted to introduce a new type (I.e. Light) it would be a good candidate.

I'm hoping the bat (lunaala) won't be dark/flying since we just had that.

Dark/fairy would be cool.

I don't see the cat following the fox as a problem. Foxes are canines and all.

I hope it gets a wicked cool evolution. Again, sabre tooth tiger - flaming tusks would be so awesome

Rhynn Collins - xd.png

There's always an exception.

It's always awkward that pokemon has had so little racial diversity.

I mean, I have literally vampire skin, so having the player character matching me is no problem, but other children/adults with different skin tones have always been stuck with a character that doesn't look like them.

That was what was so fun about X/Y that people could relate to the character they made.

It's nice to see some of that returning.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I'm so torn between the grass starter and the fire starter. Oh please let me get Moon Version *prays her brother picked Sun Version*

Also, with the bat, Psychic/Flying would be cool. I'm still holding out for a Poison Type legendary. And no, Arceus doesn't count because you need a plate for it

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

I wish they would go back to strange animal choices, like badgers, chickens, dinosaurs. They had more character since you grew to love them even more throughout the game, not necessarily being a huge favorite right off the bat.

While I definitely agree with the Sun Lion legendary being somewhat unoriginal - even though I still really like it, - I do want to say something;

We don't know what the rest of the new Pokemon look like yet, including the starter evos, so there's still the possibility of some more unusually-inspired 'mons turning up, especially when you consider it appears to be a Hawaii-inspired region, and while I'm not from Hawaii nor have I ever been (though I would absolutely love to go), I do know it is supposedly a very colourful place, both in regards to nature and culture, so if they did indeed use it as inspiration, who knows what could turn up? I mean, this lot could turn out to be the most "normal" Pokemon in the entire game xd.png

Me, personally, I like the new starters as they currently are, but while I'm leaning towards continuing my tradition of starting a new generation with the fire starter, I'm gonna reserve full judgement until we see the evos.

But I am most definitely getting Moon first. I adore the design for the Moon legend, though it looks like it's probably Fairy/Dark type? So if there IS a poison legend, it's one of the smaller legends (if there is any, since there wasn't really with X/Y, if you don't include Zygarde.) or a mythical.

Yah I definitely think they will use more native Hawaii inspired pokemon. That bird they showed being a clue.

It would be interesting if they do introduce another new type.

I could see the lion being "light" type if they did that.

I could see light being super effective against dark, but dark also being super effective against light. Would make an interesting duo type.

I also would want it to be super effective against electric just for the reason that electric only has ground weakness.

Oh and it would have no effect on grass/attacks are weak to grass.

(P.S. Zygarde is ground/dragon, no poison typing)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

(P.S. Zygarde is ground/dragon, no poison typing)

I meant Zygarde as a "lesser legendary" xd.png, which it technically isn't, being one of the XY Trio.

And I think the idea of a "Light" type, having been thrown around before, is still an interesting one. Especially when you consider that, the last time a new type was introduced, there was two of them. So perhaps a new type isn't entirely out of the question?

If they DID do a "Light" type, I definitely agree with the "not effective against grass types" and the balance between Light and Dark. Perhaps it would be uneffective against Fire-types, too, though perhaps not weak to them for obvious reasons.

(And oh man, yes to the supereffective against Electrics. Electrics need more weaknesses.)

They missed out on the best opportunity for a dolphin starter, but we get a SEA LION of all things ;-;

Like really Nintendo? What the heck?

Well fairy was released on its own.

I just find it suspicious that we're not getting types revealed on the legends. They did that with xerneas and we ended up with fairy.

They could always make a dolphin pokemon, perhaps even an epic legendary.

Are there any myths involving dolphins in Hawaii?

Could do some sort of water legend trio - dolphin, shark, and something else water animal

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Well fairy was released on its own.

I just find it suspicious that we're not getting types revealed on the legends. They did that with xerneas and we ended up with fairy.

They could always make a dolphin pokemon, perhaps even an epic legendary.

Are there any myths involving dolphins in Hawaii?

Could do some sort of water legend trio - dolphin, shark, and something else water animal

Nope, nothing about dolphins, but there are tons about sharks >.>