LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Do we have any Fire/Ghosts? I'd like one of them. The only animal that I think of would be a fox, but we had one of them already. If we did get a dolphin, I think it could work as a water/fairy depending on design. And I'm totally onboard for a Grass/Dragon, mega Sceptile is not nearly enough to satisfy my need of this.

Do we have any Fire/Ghosts? I'd like one of them.

Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure.

A dolphin could totally rock Water/Fairy or Water/Psychic. And I'd be on board for another Grass/Dragon too!

I think we'll take any news at this point xd.png

What sort of starters are you guys hoping for? Dolphin seems to be a popular request, so I'd totally love a Dolphin starter.

A Dolphin starter would be amazing. <3

Imagine if the starters were a dragon, a wolf, and a dolphin? I wouldn't be able to choose one... ;_;

Though dragons and wolves are a bit unlikely if it's a Hawaiian theme, but I guess they could make a tropical-looking dragon. Maybe another grass/dragon like mentioned above. smile.gif

I'm thinking likely starters are a bird, dolphin, and probably an insect or a plant, or a hybrid of those two.

Imagine if the starters were a dragon, a wolf, and a dolphin? I wouldn't be able to choose one... ;_;

Me too, though I suspect for the exact opposite reason ._.

If that were to happen, I'd get both Sun and Moon and then get to a point where I could trade and then get all three that way. Heck, even if we just get one of those I'd be happy.

Hey yah we haven't had a starter with a bug design. I wouldn't mind having something completely different.

What I liked about the last generations combos is that each combo was a trifecta of weakness and strength, fire, water, and grass, and psychic, dark, fighting.

( fire/psychic < water/dark < grass/fighting < fire/psychic)

Are there any other good type trifectas that anyone can think of?

Edit: Thought of one,

Fairy < Steel < Fighting < Fairy

Water/Fighting (so no more fire, and we just had a grass/fighting)

But Fire/Fairy, Fire/Steel, Grass/Fairy, Grass/Steel could be interesting combos.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Technically speaking, fighting/psychic/dark isn't really a type triangle since dark is immune to psychic, not resistant. If it was intentional, though, they worked it into the RPG classes theme really well.

Other possible triangles are rock/fighting/flying, fire/rock/steel and grass/poison/ground, none of which are particularly interesting.

Starters aside, I actually really want to see a dark/fairy Pokemon.

CoroCoro is trolling us haha. Not showing us the box art pokemon. I'm guessing that'll be revealed by the pokemon company and not through Corocoro

user posted image

They did announce/confirm Magearna is steel/fairy though.

Thats decent typing for it honestly. Still has issues with Fire, but it removes the Poison weakness and it will probably make a dent in the steel hits.

I think we'll see the starters first, before the legends.

Still a little annoyed that this means Z is on hold - if not outright cancelled. :| Zygarde deserves love, too, beyond just the whole cartoon stuff.

Possible Spoilers!!

Via Serebii:

It has been discovered that back in February 2016, two trademarks were registered for Solgaleo (ソルガレオ) and Lunaala (ルナアーラ). Many have speculated that these are the Legendary Pokémon for Pokémon Sun & Moon due to the format of the trademark. However, unlike the majority of Pokémon trademarks, these trademarks weren't registered by Nintendo, Game Freak or Creatures Inc. but rather listed under the name Yusuke Inui who, upon research, appears to be an IP lawyer in Japan. It's possible that this is just a registration via proxy which does happen from time to time, but it is 100% not confirmed that these trademarks pertain to Pokémon. We'll bring more details as they come so keep checking back

If these are the Legends, Solgaleo sounds a lot like it could be a lion from "leo"... Hopefully not a fire type since we just got a fire lion. I kind of envision a guardian lion for the form though

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_guardian_lions

I have no idea on Lunaala though, other than Luna is the moon. (Where Sol is the name of the sun)

(I really want it to be a rabbit though, because rabbit legendary would be so ridiculously awesome haha)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Makes me wonder if game freak forgot about Ho-oh and lugia.

Lugia explicitly caused a solar eclipse, and Ho-oh is head legendary of it's region, and based on Shinto mythology, thus being a pretty clear interpretation of Amaterasu.

Edited by sailing101

Makes me wonder if game freak forgot about Ho-oh and lugia.

Lugia explicitly caused a solar eclipse, and Ho-oh is head legendary of it's region, and based on Shinto mythology, thus being a pretty clear interpretation of Amaterasu.

When did Lugia do that?

I don't think Ho-Oh was explicitly stated to be a sun legendary, so even if it is based off of Ammy, I doubt it has any power over the sun. Also, out of appearance and typing alone it seems to be based off the fenghuang.

Does anyone know how Darkrai will be distributed when it get released? I thought it said GameStop, but when I went there the lady said Toys'R'Us or McDonald's. I'm all sorts of confused now.

I hope its not Toys'R'Us because there is none near where I live. sad.gif

For Darkrai, it looks like it'll be distributed at Gamestop for U.S. residents and E.B. Games for Canadian residents. I can't imagine them using Toys R Us anymore, they aren't many left (at least that I've seen).

I have no idea on Lunaala though, other than Luna is the moon. (Where Sol is the name of the sun)

I'm probably reaching way too far for this one, but my first thought for Lunaala was an Alala, which is Hawaii's native crow. Is there a crow or raven Pokemon yet? I can think of no myths or stories regarding crows and the moon, though... there's a Native American one about a raven rescuing the sun, but that's all I know.

Lunaala could end up being a completely made up creature. Or maybe the source is right and it's not related to Pokemon at all =p

I'm probably reaching way too far for this one, but my first thought for Lunaala was an Alala, which is Hawaii's native crow. Is there a crow or raven Pokemon yet? I can think of no myths or stories regarding crows and the moon, though... there's a Native American one about a raven rescuing the sun, but that's all I know.

Lunaala could end up being a completely made up creature. Or maybe the source is right and it's not related to Pokemon at all =p

Well there's murkrow and honchkrow.

Buuuuut I'd LOVE a crow legendary!!

CoroCoro is trolling us haha. Not showing us the box art pokemon. I'm guessing that'll be revealed by the pokemon company and not through Corocoro

user posted image

They did announce/confirm Magearna is steel/fairy though.

No one has really attempted outlining what we can see so far though... even though I can definitely make out a leg or something in the lower left corner of Sun.

No one has really attempted outlining what we can see so far though... even though I can definitely make out a leg or something in the lower left corner of Sun.

I only see the Japanese text logos for the games as far as an outline goes.

user posted image

Sidenote, looking at the Japanese logos. Remember when XY logos were shown and we were all like, what are those DNA looking things. And those turned out to be mega stones?

Well, what are those diamond shaped things in the logos? The yellow one on moon and the blue one on sun?

Theories?

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

They look like the little things that float above Sim character's heads =P

Also how could I have forgotten about Honchkrow and Murkrow, oof...

That sounds pretty likely if it is the Pokemon's name, all things considered. And hey, crows were sometimes associated with Hecate in Greek myth, iirc, so there's some preccedent for getting associated with the moon.

Also, it would be really cool, though last gen already has a Dark/Flying....

For Darkrai, it looks like it'll be distributed at Gamestop for U.S. residents and E.B. Games for Canadian residents. I can't imagine them using Toys R Us anymore, they aren't many left (at least that I've seen).

Thanks, I wish the lady at Gamestop knew as much as you guys. I thought game knowledge was required on the application? Every time I ask her for game info she either gives me info I already know, she has no clue, or I end up knowing more than her. Kinda makes me want to know the days she works so I can avoid her. dry.gif The guy who worked there is much much better at his job.

Sidenote, looking at the Japanese logos. Remember when XY logos were shown and we were all like, what are those DNA looking things. And those turned out to be mega stones?

Well, what are those diamond shaped things in the logos? The yellow one on moon and the blue one on sun?

Theories?

The youtuber known as CandiEvie has made a video discussing that very same theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2dUcPekLfo

When did Lugia do that?

I don't think Ho-Oh was explicitly stated to be a sun legendary, so even if it is based off of Ammy, I doubt it has any power over the sun. Also, out of appearance and typing alone it seems to be based off the fenghuang.

It's a piece of NPC dialogue. A man in Ecruteak City describes a time he saw a colossal flying Pokémon block out the sun. It was described as being like a bird or a dragon, an apt description of Lugia if there ever was one

Thematically, Lugia appears to both be Susano and Tsukuyomi, as well as a smattering of Artemis from Greek mythology. It's heavily associated with silver, which is often used to represent the moon.

Also Lugia having it's name be rooted with LUNA is a pretty big indicator

Thanks, I wish the lady at Gamestop knew as much as you guys. I thought game knowledge was required on the application? Every time I ask her for game info she either gives me info I already know, she has no clue, or I end up knowing more than her. Kinda makes me want to know the days she works so I can avoid her. dry.gif The guy who worked there is much much better at his job.

Back when I worked at Gamestop gaming knowledge was a requirement, it was part of my interview process. That was over ten years ago, though, and they've greatly changed their inventory and expanded their specialties since then, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was no longer required.

Sailing101, when that man in Ecruteak said that I always assumed it was Ho-oh that did that. In HG and SS didn't Ho-oh fly out of the sun to meet you on the tower rooftop? I can see people seeing it causing an eclipse as it does that.