LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Pidgeotite? Please no. Am I the only one here that thinks almost all mega evolutions look really stupid? I think they should just leave them alone and make new Pokémon. (But I'll have to admit, they're drastically running out of ideas, I mean, trubbish? Ice cream cone? Nintendo, it might be time to hang up your coat)

Sorry for all the negativity, but there's one more thing I must complain about: the Sun and Moon Persian. I think it looks reallly really... dumb. There, end of my rant.

Four things, first, I'm afraid that you're in the minority when it comes to mega evolutions.  A lot of people think that most are pretty cool.  Second, as for running out of ideas, that's been debunked time and time again by simply pointing out the bland designs that some of the first generation Pokemon had (and before you say anything, I've been playing since the original Red and Blue, so I can throw stones).  Third, the main series Pokemon games, and the Pokemon as well, are designed by Game Freak, not Nintendo.  And fourth, in regards to Persian, you're actually in the majority there.  Alolan Persian is one of the only Alolan design that people are still going "WTF" over.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

29 minutes ago, Low-key_Loki said:

Pidgeotite? Please no. Am I the only one here that thinks almost all mega evolutions look really stupid? I think they should just leave them alone and make new Pokémon. (But I'll have to admit, they're drastically running out of ideas, I mean, trubbish? Ice cream cone? Nintendo, it might be time to hang up your coat)

Sorry for all the negativity, but there's one more thing I must complain about: the Sun and Moon Persian. I think it looks reallly really... dumb. There, end of my rant.

Ninja'd by Lightstorm, but I'm still gonna have my say.

I agree with you on Alolan Persian, it is pretty....ugly.

But as for the "running out of ideas" thing? Gonna say the exact same freaking thing I say every time I see these comments - yes, Ice cream cone and rubbish are a bit out there. But please remember, back in gen one, what did we have? Oh, that's right - we had Grimer and Muk, (sentient sludge), Magnemite and Magneton (sentient magnets), Voltorb and Electrode (sentient poke-balls), Koffing and Weezing (air pollution) and Porygon (A.I) - all based on INANIMATE OBJECTS, just like rubbish and ice cream are. So no, Nintendo and Game freak aren't "running out of ideas" - If anything, the fact that they can make Pokemon out of such strange things is a sign they still possess this amazing little thing called CREATIVITY.

As for the Megas - I admit, when they first came out, I hated them. But once I started USING them, I found them to actually be extremely useful, so much so as to ignore some of the odd designs and the fact that this means some of the ones that got them will most likely now never get evolutions. And I'm okay with that.

Edited by SheridanCharon

Yeah, with the running out of ideas thing, I just think some of them are a little strange, but like you were both saying with the boring ideas, I do think that most of gen 1's Pokémon aren't THAT creative, but they have super powers which makes them cool. Basically just super powered animals, and that's great. 

And I suppose the megas are okay in terms of fighting, but looks... nah. Blastoise looked much cooler before he got a mega chin and Venasaur has like three extra leaves. Some are okay, like I think Lucario is alright and the black and blue Charizard. 

Edited by Low-key_Loki

12 hours ago, Low-key_Loki said:

Basically just super powered animals, and that's great. 

All of the examples @SheridanCharon mentioned from gen 1 weren't animals, though. They were inanimate objects. I don't see a big difference between those examples and your examples from the more recent gen, except perhaps nostalgia goggles.

9 hours ago, Dew said:

All of the examples @SheridanCharon mentioned from gen 1 weren't animals, though. They were inanimate objects. I don't see a big difference between those examples and your examples from the more recent gen, except perhaps nostalgia goggles.

Idk I can't be bothered anymore. You guys get the glory of being right (thumbs up emoji)

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:00 AM, Low-key_Loki said:

I agree with you on the mega evolutions, it makes Pokémon feel like a Digimon knock off to me, they almost pushed me away from Pokémon and I only keep buying/playing because I have been since I was a kid

I grew up dealing with the Digimon vs. Pokémon fights and because I was a fan of both, that meant both sides hated me. I always liked how in Digimon Evolution could go back and forth but in Pokémon you had to make a choice with Evolution, Power or Form you like more

I was sad to see how little they did with the Aloha Forms, I was really hoping for more interesting Evolution Paths

as to running out of ideas there have always been silly Pokémon from the get go

6 hours ago, InugamiZERO said:

I agree with you on the mega evolutions, it makes Pokémon feel like a Digimon knock off to me, they almost pushed me away from Pokémon and I only keep buying/playing because I have been since I was a kid

I grew up dealing with the Digimon vs. Pokémon fights and because I was a fan of both, that meant both sides hated me. I always liked how in Digimon Evolution could go back and forth but in Pokémon you had to make a choice with Evolution, Power or Form you like more

I was sad to see how little they did with the Aloha Forms, I was really hoping for more interesting Evolution Paths

as to running out of ideas there have always been silly Pokémon from the get go

Yes, that's another thing, they do look a lot like digimon. I personally haven't seen digimon, so I can't really make a judgement, but I've heard it's kind of a Pokémon double.

Actually, Digimon had the "mega evolution" idea long before Pokemon ever thought of it. I wouldn't call it a double, but the very fundamental concept is the same: Humans and creatures interacting and being pets. Since technically in the Pokemon world they are real creatures and digimon are just that: digital monsters.

I was also one that liked both digimon and pokemon. we used to pretend to have both lol.

I wasn't a fan of the megas, still feel like they are a digimon rip off. I'm not sure how I feel about alola forms still. I think it's kind of cool that they are bringing the evolution concept into it but why just kanto pokemon? why is cubone regular but marowak isn't?

The consistency of Pokemon always bothered me to begin with.

Does anyone have a castform they can trade me? I've been trying for weeks and the sos battles won't give me one.

* The topic for discussing Pokémon trades is basically dead, hence I've posted this here.

I need a Timid female HA 31/x/31/31/31/31 or 31 all Froakie (or any of the 'mons in its line) in a Luxury Ball for breeding purposes. Egg moves would be nice, but not a necessity - although Toxic Spikes would be ideal. As a Pokémon veteran and experienced breeder, I would be doing this myself, but the Froakie line is so rare in Gen VII that I simply don't have the resources at present. I don't care if it's hacked, as I'm only planning on using it for competitive and shiny breeding. If you can fulfill this request, please message me at your earliest convenience. I can almost certainly find a way to compensate you.

I was breeding a non-alolan ninetales with drought for my team. I wanted it to have good IVs because I might as well. While I was wonder trading the fails I got a male eevee from japan with great IVs, I used it as a mate in place of the ditto
55491785_562519997601492_566882101207498
This is a long way of saying that I got a shiny vulpix.
55444958_372413490012303_5820928511518441472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=5e59a60acab9997f1ccbb5857e234dc1&oe=5D033C06
I had just spent last night training my slightly more perfect ninetales with drought + hypnosis because I found a better mate and it has better IVs but I'm definitely swapping it out, IVS BE DARNED!

Don't like to necropost but I am playing Ultra Sun lately again. I have some questions and favors to ask. First of all, can anybody recommend builds for completing Battle Royal? Any specific tactics or Pokemon? Secondly, is it possible to go past Rank 9 without good rental Pokemon? I am having some trouble fighting Giovanni. And lastly, is it possible to breed Kanto Meowth from two Kanto Meowth parents? So far my attempts are not successful. If not, could anyone please trade me a non-shiny female Kanto Meowth named Cleocatra? I also need a Kanto Exeggutor. For context, this is the only game I have besides the Alpha Sapphire, so I can't transfer them from previous titles.

Spr 7s 052.pngSpr 7s 103.png