LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Video is gone, but the "scans" were from a fake magazine.

Dang, that bites. I wouldn't have minded if they had been real. They looked great enough, and I was already looking forward to picking the fire bear. Hopefully the official ones are even more adorable/awesome. Sorry 'bout that guys.

ETA: Just checked the video and it's back up. huh.gif

@ElementalMistressLuna - This thread existed for a while, but it had a different name. I believe it was called "Pokémon Gen 7"? Correct me if my memory sucks, guys. xd.png

Edited by Syiren

Dang, that bites. I wouldn't have minded if they had been real. They looked great enough, and I was already looking forward to picking the fire bear. Hopefully the official ones are even more adorable/awesome. Sorry 'bout that guys.

ETA: Just checked the video and it's back up. huh.gif

@ElementalMistressLuna - This thread existed for a while, but it had a different name. I believe it was called "Pokémon Gen 7"? Correct me if my memory sucks, guys. xd.png

Haha! I am glad we can chat about it!

Yep! I started it when the silhouette of Magearna showed up in Corocoro speculating that Gen 7 was on the way.

Speaking of, Corocoro next month is going to have some details about features in Sun and Moon.

That reminded me of Volcarona, too, just by name. I'm thinking they might make a Moon themed butterfly to coincide with the Sun themed moth, if they go through with that path.

I thought Volcanion was the fire/water cannon-turtle?

Still, you have a point. Would be interesting to see if a counterpart will appear for Volcarona.

Oh, and speaking of Volcanion, Bulbapedia had this to say:

"Volcanion will play a major role in M19. The plot summary included in the January 2016 issue of CoroCoro revealed that it had hatred of humans, that it was targeting the Azoth Kingdom, and that it ended up connected to Ash due to a strange device that activated when it and Ash's group encountered each other. The February 2016 issue later revealed its motive for targeting the Azoth Kingdom: It was trying to retrieve the man-made Pokémon Magearna, of whom only it knew its true identity."

((Probably old news, but... tongue.gif))

I want to see what Pokemon Sun and Moon will be about, but how are they going to get a legendary for sun and moon?

Isn't there already Espeon, Lunatone, Solrock, Volcarona and Umbreon?

You'll have to call them something like "Absolute Sun and Absolute Moon Pokemon".

Or maybe Celestial Pokemon will do.

I thought Volcanion was the fire/water cannon-turtle?

Still, you have a point. Would be interesting to see if a counterpart will appear for Volcarona.

Yep, he is the fire/water cannon turtle. It's just that their names are similar ("Volca" in the front of both) and for a moment my brain thought he was mentioning Volcarona but then I kept reading the sentence.

I honestly do hope they tie Volcarona to this Gen, because it and Relic Castle in general were so mysterious in Gen 5. Maybe they could connect it to ruins from Gen 7, almost like the Sinjoh Ruins except better executed and in the main story? Maybe not, but I like to imagine the possibility. smile.gif

YES I am so pumped for these games. I recently finished Alpha Sapphire and thought it was really good, but when I went back to transfer my old pokemon from X and mess around in the game for a bit, I realized I like X way better because I like GameFreak's creativity with new stuff. Don't get me wrong, ORAS was an outstanding remake, but I think the devs' strengths lie in brand new content and I'd rather see that over a remake any day.

Whatever happens in this new game, I hope they bring the character customization back!

This! This right here!

I'm certainly interested in Sun and Moon, mostly because just the names sound so much cooler than X and Y. Sadly I can't afford a 3DS so I've just been replaying 3rd and 4th gen and only recently purchased White, so these "new gens" are still bit of a mystery for me. Since I won't be buying a 3DS anytime soon I'm just stuck with experiencing it through others. I'm still very psyched about what new Pokemons they come up with!

I really hope they go back to the old starter scheme. Semi aquatics for water, zodiac for fire and reptiles (I think) for grass. Was disappointed in x y because they broke the tradition and I didn't like any of the final evolutions.

I really hope they go back to the old starter scheme. Semi aquatics for water, zodiac for fire and reptiles (I think) for grass. Was disappointed in x y because they broke the tradition and I didn't like any of the final evolutions.

Was this ever actually confirmed to be a theme by any official sources, or is it just fan speculation? I always thought it was the latter. The zodiac thing especially seems pretty contrived to me (besides, Typhlosion is a honey badger). I thought Gen 6's RPG theme (complete with signature moves!!) was really cute tbh, even if it does kind of have nothing to do with the rest of the generation's aesthetic.

Re: legendary discussions earlier in the thread: I'm surprised that people consider Moltres a phoenix since it's just a bird that's on fire as a part of an elemental trio of birds, but I guess the presence of two fire/flying bird legendaries does make the sun phoenix thing less likely. Then again, we had three fire/fighting starters in a row, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Either way though I'm definitely buying at least one of Sun/Moon! Gripes aside, Pokemon has been consistently enjoyable for me. Excited to see what Volcanion is all about too.

I feel like the trend of fire-fighting was due to the infamous complex of starting gen 1 and going against Brock with a fire starter that not only can't deal much damage but also takes super effective hits from rock types.

I feel like the trend of fire-fighting was due to the infamous complex of starting gen 1 and going against Brock with a fire starter that not only can't deal much damage but also takes super effective hits from rock types.

Yes, but now they could try something like fire/water, fire/grass, fire/steel... ... anything but fire/fighting again! xd.png

Yes, but now they could try something like fire/water, fire/grass, fire/steel... ... anything but fire/fighting again! xd.png

I'd like to see a cactus... that has two evolutionary paths! A flaming cactus that burnt due to the desert sun, and a hydrated cactus (with a flower) that survived the desert sun!

Evolution trees can be pretty cool so having the starters all have two different potential 3rd forms would be cool.

I'd like to see a cactus

There is already a cactus pokemon though, so I doubt they'd do that xd.png

Edited by Rhynn Collins

There is already a cactus pokemon though, so I doubt they'd do that xd.png

There are three!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

I mean, Fennekin was like the third fox evolution line (and the second fire-type one), but they made it a starter anyway.

I'd like to see an osprey Pokemon. They've done lots of other birds already.

Whatever happens in this new game, I hope they bring the character customization back!

That was on e of my favorite features for X and Y. I loved being different and buying outfits and being able to change whenever I wanted. Hair styling too. they probably didn't include it in the remakes because they were remakes, but I really hope its back this time.

As for the themed pokemon for Sun and Moon, I'm hoping for something unique and awesome. I know the dragon legendary has been done to death, but a lunar or solar dragon would be awesome. There are figures from different mythologies they could use too. Egyptian, Greek, Norse, etc. I plan to get Moon because I like the night-themed games better, but I may be swayed if the Sun legendary looks cooler. My friend is going to get the opposite of the game I do, so either way we'll get both legends between us. And later down the road I'll probably get the other game anyway. I already got both games from ORAS.

I hope we get more info on what the gales will be like soon. A screenshot of the landscape, or the starters, or something good.

That was on e of my favorite features for X and Y. I loved being different and buying outfits and being able to change whenever I wanted. Hair styling too. they probably didn't include it in the remakes because they were remakes, but I really hope its back this time.

Don't quote me on this, but I've heard the official word on customization was that it was a Kalos-only thing? Because Kalos is based on France and has lots of fashion themes. But from what I've seen so far, the vast majority of fans really liked it, so maybe they'll change their minds.

if theyre not bringing back the clothes at least bring back hair color and skin tone like jeez

Don't quote me on this, but I've heard the official word on customization was that it was a Kalos-only thing? Because Kalos is based on France and has lots of fashion themes. But from what I've seen so far, the vast majority of fans really liked it, so maybe they'll change their minds.

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that customization might become a staple of future generations, but not remakes as they didn't have the feature in the original.

I hope they do keep it,

I've heard that the region for Sun and Moon will be based on Hawaii, considering in the concept art from the trailer there are yellow fire trucks and palm trees, which are abundant in Hawaii.