LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Ok so mild spoiler warning: I'll be talking about pokemon up to and including the third island. Because that's about where in the story I am.

Specifically, I pretty much just beat the electric-type trial.

It's amazing how long they're keeping up the joke about Kukui toootally not being the Masked Royal xd.png

I'm determined to use as many types in my team as possible in this game; which is why I unfortunately had to switch out neefloof (Ribombee) for Bunni (Charjabug), because Nonie (Primarina :3) is now water/fairy, and I needed an electric-type.

The only single-type pokemon I have left on my team after I swapped Growlithe for a female Salandit (It took SO. LONG. TO GET.) is Noctari, my Umbreon. I love her, but I really want another type xd.png

My current team consists of a Salandit (Who I will evolve smile.gif), Primarina, Revenant, Charjabug (Who I will also evolve), and Toucannon, as well as Umbreon. What pokemon (Alolan or otherwise) would give me two types I haven't got covered?

(Note that Salandit is also able to learn Dragon-type moves, Toucannon has Rock Smash, and several of my pokemon have dark-type moves.)

Edited by Zeditha

what about a ghost type?

Trevenant is grass/ghost. wink.gif

Psychic/steel seems like a good choice, I'll see if I can find one around! Thanks for the suggestion smile.gif

anybody need a charmander? i can breed you guys one for free since pokebank has updated for japan so oras and other generation pokemon are now available it seems but so far i've only seen charmander in the gts

Oh they updated the bank for Japan? Any idea when they'll update for the US? Feels like we've been waiting forever! xd.png

But that's kind of you! Maybe you should throw some of those onto Wonder Trade. I bet there'd be a lot of happy kids!

Oh they updated the bank for Japan? Any idea when they'll update for the US? Feels like we've been waiting forever! xd.png

But that's kind of you! Maybe you should throw some of those onto Wonder Trade. I bet there'd be a lot of happy kids!

dunno when they're updating in the us but it should be soon. i've seen shiny arceus, shiny mewtwo and shiny reshiram on gts so far

and yeah i'll throw a couple of charmanders in gts smile.gif

Actually, it hasn't been updated, not even for Japan. GF have just removed the legality checker on it, in preparation for the update. So all the fake, hacked, unobtainable Pokemon are showing up.

I finally got Pokemon Sun!! I ended up choosing Rowlet as my starter because Decidueye is the strongest (despite my initial dislike for its design). Right now I'm also playing the demo so that I can get that nice Greninja, but it's taking forever.

Edited by andromedae

Actually, it hasn't been updated, not even for Japan. GF have just removed the legality checker on it, in preparation for the update. So all the fake, hacked, unobtainable Pokemon are showing up.

wait really??? how do you know?

Pokemon Bank is officially available to download. You actually have to redownload it, as it is not a patch.

I haven't had the chance to download it but the Mewnium Z is available until October so it's probably worth getting it now but no rush.

Trying to catch a rockruff with adamant or jolly nature has been a royal pain in the butt...

I also just got it, and I transferred a few of my gen 6 'mons over. I mostly want a good Battle Tree team. Is Haxorus any good, or should I make the extra effort to find a Gible?

wait really??? how do you know?

Serebii.net. If it's the news isn't on there, it most likely isn't true. And they announced that bank was being prepared for imminent release the day you posted that.

But as some of the others have already said, it went live today.

I'm pretty disappointed to say that this Pokemon game just never met what I wanted. It had way to long cut scenes and there is /nothing/ to do after the story. Haven't touched it since December because I lost so much interest in it.

You haven't tried the Battle Tree or gotten the UBs yet? There's still stuff to do, plus there's the 'Dex to complete.

I may have gone sliiightly insane and want to make a living pokedex in Sun (the version I have). Well, this should be interesting, seeing as the only other pokemon games I currently own are X/Y and I haven't beat Sun yet.

Edited by silver_chan

I may have gone sliiightly insane and want to make a living pokedex in Sun (the version I have). Well, this should be interesting, seeing as the only other pokemon games I currently own are X/Y and I haven't beat Sun yet.

would you like help getting some pokemon? i own all the pokemon games so i have access to all pokemon

I'm pretty disappointed to say that this Pokemon game just never met what I wanted. It had way to long cut scenes and there is /nothing/ to do after the story. Haven't touched it since December because I lost so much interest in it.

I love the games, but I have to agree with you. I know there's the ultra beasts to catch, but I just can't bring myself to put in the effort to go out and hunt them down. It was the same for X and Y after the story. There wasn't much to do unlike with the ORAS games. Now those I could play forever and never get bored.

I hope Ultra beasts don't become the next big thing. I'm not really a fan. The new pokemon are fine and I like both main legendaries, but the only enjoyment I'm getting post story is filling my dex, shiny hunting and defending my title as champion, which is surprisingly fun to have the role switched like that. Having people come to challenge you for a change. I like it. biggrin.gif

It's a little disappointing that there is no nationaldex for sun and moon.

I transferred over some mythicals and some from pokemon yellow and wish I hadn't since you can't transfer them back.

Definitely don't think I'm sending over anything else because of that.

I just found a major bad side.

So, I won a giveaway on Miiverse, the prize being a box of rare shiny Pokemon. After a bit of fiddling because it was alternating between saying I was offline and she was offline (despite us both online) and about halfway into trading the Pokemon over to me, I get this error telling me to turn off my system. Did so, went back in and we have both received the infamous GTS ban, which locks you our of trading in any way, shape or form if you have some kind of internet communication disruption whilst trading.

Problem is,neither mine nor her internet went down when it cut out, because we were both talking online when it happened. And from what I've read online, this ban can last between 10 hours to a week, with the average being three days.

A potentially week long ban because Nintendo's servers messed up. sleep.gif Now I really miss the XY/ORAS GTS...

I just found a major bad side.

So, I won a giveaway on Miiverse, the prize being a box of rare shiny Pokemon. After a bit of fiddling because it was alternating between saying I was offline and she was offline (despite us both online) and about halfway into trading the Pokemon over to me, I get this error telling me to turn off my system. Did so, went back in and we have both received the infamous GTS ban, which locks you our of trading in any way, shape or form if you have some kind of internet communication disruption whilst trading.

Problem is,neither mine nor her internet went down when it cut out, because we were both talking online when it happened. And from what I've read online, this ban can last between 10 hours to a week, with the average being three days.

A potentially week long ban because Nintendo's servers messed up. sleep.gif Now I really miss the XY/ORAS GTS...

the longest i've ever been banned is a couple of hours though so i dont think you'll be banned for a week

the longest i've ever been banned is a couple of hours though so i dont think you'll be banned for a week

Some people have had their ban last as short as 15 minutes, most others have had it last 60/70+ hours. And we're not talking 4th or 5th ban, we're talking 1st ban, even when it wasn't due to anything they did. There is seemingly no logical pattern in how long you are banned for. This is just the latest in a list of reasons I hate the GTS system this time around.

And like a few others have said they won't be, I don't intend to transfer any Pokemon with the New Pokebank. There's no point. At least before we had incentives to do so, biggest of which was to complete the national Dex. But what do we have now?

Oh. Great. A z-crystal that can only be used by a mythical Pokemon.

user posted image

Edited by CharonDusk