LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Sooo hyped for this! I wished they'd shown at least a tiny bit of the game play though. Hopefully they show it soon. The concept art they shown is pretty interesting though.

I seen people theorizing that it will be based on Hawaii on Tumblr, mostly deciding that from the design of the concept art.

People are speculating that the new games will connect to Kalos, a la Johto-to-Kanto, due to the hiker in X and Y foreshadowing a new region. That would be amazing, and perfect for the anniversary =O

I'm leaning towards Moon currently, just cause I like blue, but honesty I'm not that picky and won't waste time waiting if I can get Sun before I can get Moon.

The designs shown so far don't scream 'China' to me at all, so from those I don't think the region will be china-based... but then again the addition of chinese to the languages is pretty darn huge and could be a major clue. If it's not solely to reach a bigger market xd.png

So hyped about this though 8D

It has more of a Water-type gym vibe to me. What with the Horsea, Spheal, Staryu, and Chinchou in the picture. Though it could be a beach/sea side resort. Dunno *shrug*

edit due to mispelling horsea. xd.png

Edited by xdlugia

People are speculating that the new games will connect to Kalos, a la Johto-to-Kanto, due to the hiker in X and Y foreshadowing a new region. That would be amazing, and perfect for the anniversary =O

I so hope this is true. It would help explain a little the lack of a Z version.

Oh I do hope that Sun and Moon are based off of Chinese culture, I forgot the name of this tale but I think it is about a god being sent to the moon after a romantic thing (sorry, I cant think straight atm, it Is 11pm atm).

Plus I know some Chinese... some......

If you get one of the copies of sun and/or moon, what would you name your main characters, me, for Sun it would be male and name is Solair, and Moon it would be male and the name Gwyndolin..... shush, im in to dark souls at the moment.....

Oh I do hope that Sun and Moon are based off of Chinese culture, I forgot the name of this tale but I think it is about a god being sent to the moon after a romantic thing (sorry, I cant think straight atm, it Is 11pm atm).

Plus I know some Chinese... some......

If you get one of the copies of sun and/or moon, what would you name your main characters, me, for Sun it would be male and name is Solair, and Moon it would be male and the name Gwyndolin..... shush, im in to dark souls at the moment.....

That's the story of Chang-E, I believe. She was an ordinary human who married Hou-yi, the guy who shot down 9 of the 10 sun birds, which was the act that exiled him from heaven. Hou Yi later got a bit of immortality elixir that wasn't completely "ripe," and wanted to share with his wife anyways, so he hid the elixir. Of course, things went wrong when some dude wanted to steal said elixir and Hou Yi wasn't home at the time, so Chang-E drank it all and ascended to the moon. She resides there with a rabbit that pounds out elixir and ((in some interpretations)) a toad that spits out coins. Or at least that's the version I'm most familiar with.

*cough* >///<

I dunno... Maybe Numak for the male trainer and Sakuya/Xiaoye for the female.

I'm not as hyped as the majority, but I'm still looking forward to these two new additions. Hopefully, they will be very good games with great stories and new Pokémon.

I just came across a post about region theory, and it seems very legit! source/full detail here ohmy.gif

user posted image

Real Hawaii Fire Truck

user posted image

Notice the palm tree on the far left... So that's the post in a nutshell, click the source link above for full details if you're interested. More pictures/information there.

The bird (Red-crested Cardinal) shown in the direct is not native to Hawaii, it was introduced there (common though). What animal from Hawaii would you like to see in Sun/Moon?

Edited by JolteonTails

That's actually really good reasoning.

I know absolutely nothing about local Hawaiian culture or legends or anything. So I'd have to do some research to speculate on legendaries.

Man, either way I hope we finally get a dolphin Pokemon.

If it's based on Hawaii I would be disappointed if there wasn't a dolphin pokemon (and another shark, but not a land shark or a torpedo shark)

If Hawaii, there's all sorts of opportunities for more water pokemon.... 7.8/10 too much water

I've also heard theories about the region potentially being based on the Philippines. I'd be totally on board for Hawaii though, such a lovely place, and plenty of landscape to base a world off of.

I heard rumors of Singapore? So either Hawaii (which would be cool) or Singapore...hmmmm >.> Also, I would LOVE a dolphin Pokémon.

I heard rumors of Singapore? So either Hawaii (which would be cool) or Singapore...hmmmm >.> Also, I would LOVE a dolphin Pokémon.

This would be neat considering we got a shark related one as is.

Considering my birthday is three days after Christmas and I love Pokemon, this will make a great gift for me, and I'm angling for Pokemon Moon.

After reading everything posted above, I like the idea of a tropical region, but it also makes me wonder if the Orange Islands will finally get an official place in the game. Even as a side quest after the main story would be amazing.

After reading everything posted above, I like the idea of a tropical region, but it also makes me wonder if the Orange Islands will finally get an official place in the game. Even as a side quest after the main story would be amazing.

Ooo! That would be amazing!

I really liked the badge designs there in the anime, and maybe completing the Orange League can net a cool trophy to put in your Secret Base or whatever the player base is going to be in this version.

As for the idea of a tropical region, that sounds pretty good too! Personally, I always liked them in other games, hopefully Pokemon won't disappoint.

Wonder if a Fire/Water or Water/Fire type could be released if it is based off a tropical location? There are probably various species that take advantage of the volcanic activity there.

Wonder if a Fire/Water or Water/Fire type could be released if it is based off a tropical location? There are probably various species that take advantage of the volcanic activity there.

I could foresee Volcanion having more of a role in this game if the game is connected to Kalos.

Probably they'd give it another form or something. Or at least be native to this region.

Holy Crow barely announced and this has a thread already lol.

Edited by ElementalMistressLuna

I could foresee Volcanion having more of a role in this game if the game is connected to Kalos.

Probably they'd give it another form or something. Or at least be native to this region.

That reminded me of Volcarona, too, just by name. I'm thinking they might make a Moon themed butterfly to coincide with the Sun themed moth, if they go through with that path.