MariotheAwesome

What do you think of vegetables?

If I can drizzle with olive oil salt, pepper, thyme, oregano and basil and roast them, they are good.

Yesterday at work, there was a lady who came in to buy some hot sauce from the grocery department. She was looking for ones without onions and garlic in it. A coworker asked why, and she replied her religion (Hindu) says those food items cause you to have anger and sad feelings. So they are forbidden from consuming them.

I've never known there were some religions that had those ideas. As far as I know, I love onions and garlic, and I do not get my anger or sadness from them. They are healthy for you: Onions help clear up congestion in your sinuses and chest, and garlic is great for your immune system.

Edit for typos.

Edited by xeyla

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.

Wisdom is knowing that tomatoes don't go well in fruit salad.

biggrin.gif

Knowledge is knowing that rhubarb is a vegetable.

Wisdom is knowing that rhubarb doesn't go well in ANY kind of salad. laugh.gif

I love veggies. I wish so many parents hadn't let their children believe there was anything wrong with them and it was a TRIAL to have to eat them. That doesn't happen in France biggrin.gif. Nor did it happen to my daughters.

They are healthy and are good for you. And if you like cooking, there is a lot you can do with them and a lot of tasty things to make.

what's not to love about vegetable? smile.gif

I love them all! My favorite is zucchini ^^ Though the only time I'd ever hate them is if they get boiled, boiled veggies taste really bad to me for some reason lol

I'm very, very picky when it comes to vegetables (and fruit). I'll eat corn and artichokes (artichokes are vegetables, right?) but not much else. We recently acquired a lot of broccoli and lettuce from the Food Bank so that's something I need to get up the courage to eat whether I like it or not.

Strongly depends. I hate all veggies except for potatos and the lighter forms of cabbages.

I love veggies, both those that are true veggies, such as asparagus, and those that we categorize as 'veggies,' which include fruits like tomatoes.

In general I really like eating vegetables with a few exceptions. I don't like zucchini since I don't really like the taste and texture, and I don't like stir-fried either since I don't enjoy the taste of oil too much. Salad is always good and so are other boiled veggies with salt and lemon. Veggie soup is good too. laugh.gif

I'm a vegetarian, so vegetables make up most of my diet. Still... I'm very picky about them and the way they are cooked.

Depends on the veggie. I'm generally happy with anything that isn't bitter, though for some reason, I don't really like the texture of string beans.

I like most vegetables!

... and even if I didn't like them, many things can be improved by smothering it in cheese.

I'm kinda mixed. There are some I love and others I prefer to keep as far away from me as possible. Like Peas. *shudders*

I don't really eat a wide variety of veggies. Mostly the common stuff. Carrots, corn, potatoes. I love Corn and Mashed potatoes. String beans, eh, the green ones are alright, but the yellow ones taste funny.

And I've always seen Broccoli as leetle trees and its weird to eat a tree imo (feel free to call me weird), so I don't touch 'em. Spinach is....eh. If there was nothing else I'd eat it. I'd certainly choose it over rice. Lettuce is also okay, though I'm mostly biting into water.

Other than that I don't really touch veggies.

Ever since I was a small child I have always like veggies. Most greens (broccoli, spinach, etc), corn, potatoes in different styles except Au Gratin or Scalloped Potatoes. I love cheese but dislike the taste of those two styles. blink.gif