MariotheAwesome

What do you think of vegetables?

What the title says.

So what do you think of vegetables? I think they are pretty tasty.

Edited by MariotheAwesome

I like them a lot, really. I love how a lot of veggies are vibrant colors. There are a lot of things you can do with vegetables, too.

Even though sometimes they aren't the best tasting things, they're still really good for you, so I eat them. There's also a lot of ways you can combine them with other healthy foods so that they taste better, so I like them, then!

I really do enjoy veggies, prepared in nice manner raw or cooked, they can be a very tasty treat.

Veggies are so yum ^^

My favourite is probably sweet potato, but sometimes it's carrot.

Did you know pumpkin isn't actually a vegetable? It's a fruit tongue.gif Wouldn't want it in my fruit salad though, hahaha.

I like most of them, especially in a wok! I love carrots but I'm allergic to them raw so that's a bummer.

I love veggies: salads, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers. I think asparagus is just about my favorite one.

Tomato and cucumber are technically fruit, sorry. tongue.gif

Tomato and cucumber are technically fruit, sorry.

Tomatoes are actually berries. huh.gif In any case, I made bok choy stir fry last night with other vegetables in it, and it was probably the best thing I've made in a while. I thought I didn't like bok choy, but it turns out that it's really good. The texture/flavors reminds me of a broccoli watermelon or something.

Edited by Silverwinter

The texture/flavors reminds me of a broccoli watermelon or something.

I wish I could agree with you. @_@ The texture's closer to watermelon rinds, if you asked me (I'd eat watermelon rinds over bok choi any day -- in fact, pickled watermelon rinds is one of my favorite snacks).

I wish I could agree with you. @_@ The texture's closer to watermelon rinds, if you asked me (I'd eat watermelon rinds over bok choi any day -- in fact, pickled watermelon rinds is one of my favorite snacks).

I've never had pickled watermelon rinds, I've never known they existed. That sounds really good though, I'm probably gonna end up searching for it now. :3

Most vegetables are quite good, but some of them really aren't my favorites, for example sweet potato. I could almost say that I can't stand it. blink.gif It tastes weird and I can't help but get a weird feeling while eating it. As for my favorites though, zucchini is great and so is cabbage. Wok with vegetables is also one of my favorite foods.

Delicious little things! Edamame, daikon radish, artichoke, kale, bai cai, lotus root, sweet potato, sugar snap peas, and snow peas are my favourites, but I like many vegetables! biggrin.gif

Excellent sources of health, although some are questionable in taste, it's worth the sacrifice = clear skin, shiny hair, and help maintain proper weight, what else do you need?

Edited by andromedae

It depends on the veggie. There are some I love, some I loathe, and some that I find so-so. I love beets (and beet greens are my all-time favorite leafy greens), spinach (the one veggie my mom never had trouble getting me to eat as a little kid as long as she prepared it correctly), sweet potatoes, red and white skinned potatoes (not a fan of the brown skinned baking potatoes. Don't care for the texture), asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, corn.

I'm starting to warm up to cabbage as well.

i'm picky about vegetables-- i like for them to be done a certain way depending on what it is (like, broccoli, i like it steamed w/melted cheese and i don't like the stem :V)

I love vegetables! My meals are mostly vegetables. <3

Tomatoes are actually berries. huh.gif In any case, I made bok choy stir fry last night with other vegetables in it, and it was probably the best thing I've made in a while. I thought I didn't like bok choy, but it turns out that it's really good. The texture/flavors reminds me of a broccoli watermelon or something.

Really? ohmy.gif

That's not what the site I read said, but oh well. xd.png I didn't really look into it that much.

Either way they still aren't vegetables. Haha! tongue.giftongue.gif

Apparently strawberries aren't berries but bananas are o.o

I'm very picky, but when I like them I REALLY like them - zucchinis go into everything I cook. On the other hand, I refuse to touch carrots or sweet potatoes. My preferences are mostly limited to things that are green.

The word "vegetable" has a culinary definition and a biological definition, and I'm pretty sure everyone knows what you're talking about when you mention tomatoes or mushrooms or whatever in the context of cooking :V

My feelings on vegetables are largely positive, although I don't really understand boiled veggies in any context.