shadow_claw

Latteriel Commons

Yaaaaaayy OOC thread!! *claps and cheers* Time to get this show on the road, friends!~

So Claw, y'think I should delete my initial post about reserving my elf, too? And do we just jump in or wait? tongue.gif

EDIT: Naw, saw everyone was deleting their posts, so I just did the same.~

Edited by Windra

Just realized we've got three healing characters between Hawthorn, Wyon and Elly.

Hey Windra, was Elly raised in a different forest than Hawthorn and Fastflint's elves?

Well, I'm making a post now, so all reservation posts and such should probably be deleted.

After all, you're sheet's on the OP

Just realized we've got three healing characters between Hawthorn, Wyon and Elly.

Hey Windra, was Elly raised in a different forest than Hawthorn and Fastflint's elves?

Oh my gosh, didn't realize we had all these healing characters xd.png

...Oh well, I guess that's a bonding point.~

I'd imagine Elly came from a different, nearby forest-- perhaps with a town or river separating it from yours? It would explain the exclusion, at least; that section of the woods is pretty small and wouldn't hold too many sentient creatures anyways.

Elly usually haunts that area, so that's the best place to find her, unless she moves.~ :3

I didn't realize this was a thing. I also don't know where I can jump in... And I think for now I should only have one character since when it comes to characters within a roleplay I am allergic to the number 2 (or anything above 1).

Muriel is probably just passing through, she doesn't really have anywhere to be in particular; since it is morning she's probably been on the road for a good while already.

The Volucrine seem very interesting, this new species will certainly spice things up...

I was wondering some more about the mountain ranges of Latteriel, especially since I referenced a mountain range (which so far I've elected to call the Howling Mountains in my head) as forming the valley Muriel comes from. We might need a map soon... And perhaps a chatroom since we might not want to clutter this thread with our discussion while the roleplay is ongoing.

(On that note, the aforementioned valley contains a lot of grassland and forests and possibly a river, making it perfect hunting grounds for Volucrine.)

I might try to make a map of Latteriel for at least general locations. Latteriel is pretty unexplored all things considering.

As for the Howling Mountains, I love that name and I'll probably have the Volucrine originate from that area, or at least a few mountains since it is probably a mountain range that expands for a while.

As for Muriel, you could always take her through the forest or on the road that the Volucrine are walking on.

Oooh! A map would be super cool <3

Nice to know where I am; I know I'm in a forest across the river from another forest, but as for towns... I'm unsure xd.png

Elly'll hafta go across that river eventually, though. *pushes her across the ice* Good thing it's frozen over!

I think my plan so far is this: Muriel is following the frozen river splitting the woods, as directed to reach the next human settlement. She is feeling cold, since her fire went out in the night and she only has a coat to keep her warm. She's also starting to run out of food, and is thinking of getting some snall game (a rabbit or something) so she can keep going. She is roughly a few day's travel away from civilisation.

It is highly unlikely Muriel will notice the elves before they conceal themselves, even more so that they will decide to interact with her on purpose. The best chance for the two groups to interact is for one to be forced into interaction with the other (perhaps Muriel slips and falls into the river?)

Edited by Coryn02

That would probably be the best situation. While Fastflint may drag Hawthorn up into hiding when Muriel first appears, she probably wouldn't be able to stop Hawthorn from jumping down and trying to fix any injuries Muriel might get.

Although Fastflint might help too if Muriel is in danger of drowning or something. Otherwise she's probably just going to end up seeing Hawthorn.

That would probably be the best situation. While Fastflint may drag Hawthorn up into hiding when Muriel first appears, she probably wouldn't be able to stop Hawthorn from jumping down and trying to fix any injuries Muriel might get.

Although Fastflint might help too if Muriel is in danger of drowning or something. Otherwise she's probably just going to end up seeing Hawthorn.

That is what I was aiming for. Muriel doesn't know how to swim (I had this in mind before it turned into a convenient way to introduce the character). And even if she did, it just so happens we're in the dead of winter with a slight breeze, so even if she got out on her own Muriel would probably have to stop and make a fire if she didn't want to freeze to death. (She is also in the middle of nowhere, so she can't count on anyone else's help.)

I also deleted my other posts, I shall get to work on a reply now (at most it will be up sometime tomorrow).

I'm not quite sure what you mean by defined torsos but Volucrine do not wear clothing. They are fond of jewlery and will wear gold and silver trinkets around their ankles, necks and fingers. Body piercings are uncommon but not unheard of. They are humanoid in structure but are still very much birds and not mammals. This is why they lay eggs and have no chance of having any offspring with the other races.

The only areas that are featherless are their feet (which are bird-like), their hands and their faces. Their faces. They do have noses so their faces are not flat and like the beaks of birds, noses come in many styles and shapes.

Anyway I will try to post again in the morning.

I second the interest in Volucrines. o: They weren't here when I first looked! So, Volucrines are basically bipedal, sentient birds with slightly more humanoid features? I'm envisioning something like the Talonok, but with a human face framed by feathers, a bird's tail, and the arm/wing combo that was mentioned.

Also throwing another question at you; are only elves and witches capable of magic, or can the other races use it as well (to some extent)?

Elves are the only creatures capable of using magic. In ancient times, gnomes could as well but they have lost that ability. The only reason witches can use magic is because of old elf blood that runs in their veins. It is important to note that even among elves, High Magic is rare. All or most elves have some basic magical abilities but only one in one or two hundred has acess to greater magic than that. It's usually passed down through blood but weakens over time and may skip a generation.

Yeah, those look pretty good. If this guy wasn't wearing clothes, they may look something like this:

Volucrine

It is important to note males and females have few physical differences that outsiders can spot. Males tend to be shorter and weaker since Volucrine are, essentially, birds of prey but this can be too faint to notice.

There are very little physical differences between male and female Volucrine, even in facial features. Even the males have a thin face and angled eyes, so it's nearly impossible to tell the difference between a male and female.

Though, it should be mentioned that males are always passive to females, and are jealously guarded.

UPDATE

The gnome race has been updated and improved!

No characters other than Gnomes and Humans will be accepted until we have a pretty even race ratio!

Hm... I was planning on making another character anyway... I think I'll make it a gnome.~ That'd be fun! ^^

I'll post my sheet by tonight.~

Gnomes are kinda supposed to be like tanks. Hard hitting, slower but resilient as hell. And now they have bombs as well.

Shadow and I kinda designed the races to have a Roshambo-style setup. Werewolves and Gnomes are both tanks but werewolves are more of a pseudo tank because they're really tanky in their wolf form and not so much in their human form.

I don't think I precisely understand the nature of the lycanthropic transformation yet. I get that it is gradual as the moon grows more or less full, but to what extent do the forms retain consciousness? Also, I am having a hard time visualizing them too.

Sheet as promised! (Made sure to incorporate those bombs, ehehehe~)

Username: Windra

Name: Ofunri Twinaxe (often shortens his name to Ofrun)

Species: Gnome

Age: (Actual and physical for nonhuman species) Appears to be a rugged man of 45-- actually 950 years old.

Appearance: Ofunri is a short, stocky gnome with tanned skin and a visibly muscular frame. He has dark eyes, a squashed-up nose, and two thick, bushy eyebrows. His hair and beard are both burnt auburn in color; the hair dropping down to the base of his shoulders and his beard stretching very nearly to his waist. Both are normally messy and unkept.

Aboveground, the gnome wears a heavy linen brown shirt (with an equally heavy studded jacket in the cold seasons), lighter brown pants and a cuplike hat that awkwardly fits around his massive amounts of hair. The leather belt around his waist holds a wide variety of grenades he keeps for safety. In the mines and caverns he calls home, Ofunri normally discards his shirt and hat, preferring to be as unclothed as possible for the heat deep underground.

History: The Twinaxe gnomes were once well-known in the underground community. Their mines held the richest deposits of platinum in all Latteriel (or so they claimed) and they used it to steadily supply tools and weapons to any potential buyer. Be it humans or other gnomes.

Ofundri works the forge of his ancestors. He enjoys his work; smelting, bending and shaping the hard metal to his will, and he's rather exceptional at his craft. As the members of his clan have long since passed, he alone goes to the surface to sell and trade his wares. He has sworn to keep up the legacy of the Twinaxes his forefathers began, years and years ago. No matter what happens. It is his purpose for living.

Weapon(s): His sturdy platinum pickaxe doubles as a weapon in dire situations, but he prefers to use his wide arsenal of grenades against foes.

Other:

-- Ofundri will go up to sell his wares on Wednesdays and Thursdays; the rest of his time is either spent in the forge or doing what he pleases.

-- His gruff personality is disconcerting, but his moral code is large and intact. He can be surprisingly civil when it matters.

Oh! I totally forgot to mention that places of royalty are open!

We need a King and 2-3 more heirs!

Oh! I totally forgot to mention that places of royalty are open!

We need a King and 2-3 more heirs!

I might make a spoiled brat to offset some (but not all) if the vrtues of Muriel, with this in mind. I shall do my best!

Fastflint

So I drew an elf while I was waiting for everyone to post. So yeah, this is what the resident elf thief looks like.

Just for everyone to know, I have two new characters are up for interaction!

There's Queen Ceana, mother to the twins and Matriarch of the Rosenbell family.

and

There's Eli Silvergrin, the one-eyed sailor who now spends life as a bard.

Happy writing everyone!

I was looking at the main in character roleplay and i was just curious, is this a semi lit to lit roleplay or is there a minimum amount of sentences? i was just curious as i didn't see it, maybe i skipped over it as i didn't really see the rules too much either. Looking through i am also wanting to make sure that if this is not strictly lit/ semi lit that it was the gnome race that was left.

Edited by voltage