Evlon

Doing the Art Thing

user posted image

✫ LINKS ✫

Website | tumblr | deviantART

✫ ABOUT ✫

I've played since 2008, but more as a silent collector of dragons since I never really realized DC had an art side! While my galleries are mostly dogs, I can actually draw about any animal at all, and have always loved dragons. I work in a lot of medias, though lately I've been working heavily in digital stuff, so there'll be a lot of examples of that.

Mostly making this to share some of my work with you guys and potentially do some little trades for eggs here and there as I have time to. It'll be kinda random and you'll just have to watch for an open slot. They'll also likely be sketches or other such things.

✫EXAMPLES✫

Here's some random dragony I have in my stuff, some are pretty old sorry!

AF11 | AF5 | AF7

Jiskeri | cfxciarra | altardragon

✫REQUEST/TRADES✫

currently closed

Edited by Evlon

oooooooh a new art thread.

Your dog is so beautiful. that fur tho.

uhhhhhhhhh are you open for requests? i can breed an egg for you.

......................such good art you have.

@Dragnilu

Not at the moment, working through various commissions at the moment, but thank you for the offer! :>

Ooh I really like your style! Unsure how to describe it but it almost reminds me of the texture of colored pencil. c:

That actually makes more sense than you know, since the dog especially has shading that mimics watercolours :>

Some wips of things I'm working on, but it's basically always dogs ahah. Click any of them for a larger view!

user posted image

Kai Ken (he's a really old sketch I keep poking at between comms)

user posted image

user posted image

Borzoi (from today, still needs a lot of editing)

A lot of my sketches end up being 2-3 colours, since I like to edit in a contrasting colour so I can easily see what I'm doing and if it's an improvement or not. Blue is generally the "older" sketch though. Sorry if that looks a bit visually confusing, but I just screen shot these as I'm working to show progress or get feedback haha. Not sure if posting WIPs here is a thing?

Edited by Evlon

Thank you! Have been working on the kai ken off and on for a really long time, I got bogged down with commissions & holidays, but I do have him partly lined now!

I actually have several dog breeds complete, they have interchangeable markings/colours since they are meant to be used as overlays on dog breeding games!

Click to View All Dog Breeds

(tiny sampling below)

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Wow, your art style and everything looks very neat, as in clean and tidy. Like it's really good, I could see those dogs up there being on an adoption website similar to DragCave! (Meant as a compliment because of how very professional it looks!) Your art makes me feel warm and fuzzy. :3 Edited by Silverwinter

Thank you!

And yeah they really are meant for online game type of settings! And I'm glad my work gives other people warm fuzzies :>

These are so cute! I love your style (and I love dogs)!

user posted image

Azawakh Hound sketch for a client.

Like before click for a larger version

I tend to sketch a thing and let it rot for a bit before working it, gives me time to edit & find errors.

So might be a while before the borzoi is finished (the kai ken is much older and is in process of being lined now actually)

user posted image

Random GSd doodle that I elaborated on a bit and will probably toss in my "finish some day maybe" pile of things I'd like to work on.

I randomly noticed a lot of issues going on with this guy after posting, but he looks ok for a quicky doodle at least :>

(I may have been looking at dog skulls too much because that bottom jaw LOL)