Gruff

Year of the fire monkey.

I thought only the dragons had elements? It's cool that the other members of the Zodiac have them too. smile.gif Happy new year!

user posted image

I thought only the dragons had elements? It's cool that the other members of the Zodiac have them too. smile.gif Happy new year!

Depending on the year, all the zodiac animals have an associated element of either wood, fire, earth, metal, or water. The elements cycle as well, but in two years (last year being wood ram and next year being fire rooster, I think) so we won't be seeing another fire monkey for another 60 years!

Depending on the year, all the zodiac animals have an associated element of either wood, fire, earth, metal, or water. The elements cycle as well, but in two years (last year being wood ram and next year being fire rooster, I think) so we won't be seeing another fire monkey for another 60 years!

Yup.

Each animal/element pairing occurs once every 60 years.

As a side note, the chinese zodiac is much more complex than that little catch all place mat down at your local chinese food place.

There are 12 animals in the chinese zodiac: rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, goat, monkey, rooster, dog and boar. Each of those have a fixed element.

Each animal has a month. February for example is the month of the Tiger.

Each animal rules a two hour segment in a 24 hour period.

There are 5 elements: wood, water, fire, earth and metal. Elements can either be positive or negative. Each element has one that hinders it and one that helps it.

To get a full picture, you would need to know the month/year of birth ( and sometimes date if close to the new year ) and time of birth.

The animal that you are: It is the year of your birth.

The animal that hides in your heart: The time of your birth.

The animal that guides your path: The month of your birth.

In Korean, 丙申 pronounce same as 病身(which is swear word here) so it became joke from several years ago.

Yup.

Each animal/element pairing occurs once every 60 years.

As a side note, the chinese zodiac is much more complex than that little catch all place mat down at your local chinese food place.

There are 12 animals in the chinese zodiac: rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, goat, monkey, rooster, dog and boar. Each of those have a fixed element.

Each animal has a month. February for example is the month of the Tiger.

Each animal rules a two hour segment in a 24 hour period.

There are 5 elements: wood, water, fire, earth and metal. Elements can either be positive or negative. Each element has one that hinders it and one that helps it.

To get a full picture, you would need to know the month/year of birth ( and sometimes date if close to the new year ) and time of birth.

The animal that you are: It is the year of your birth.

The animal that hides in your heart: The time of your birth.

The animal that guides your path: The month of your birth.

that is amazing and really awesome!

I was born in the year of the Dragon.

I was born at 1:52 am (not sure what animal rules that time)

I was born in January (again, not sure which animal rules that month)

It'd be pretty neat to find those two out.

Happy New Year!

I had no idea there were so many layers! I actually had to check out a WikiHow, just because I was so curious about it...

I think for me it's

Year: Pig

Day: Dragon

Hour: Tiger