Coryn02

Looking for 1x1

Hey everyone, Cory here. I'd like to do a role-play with someone since I have the time again. I'm a fan of science fiction, steampunk, and modern types of role-play. I also do fantasy, but I'd like to stray away from that unless the idea is very good. Just to give an idea, some of my favorite anime are SAO, Death Note, and Tokyo Ghoul, which are all modern (though perhaps not SAO, but I digress). I also always wanted to try something given the universe of the Leviathan book series by Scott Westerfeld.

I'm willing to try just about anything though, if you're interested do let me know! Thanks.

EDIT: Lots of people are doing fantasy now, I'm willing to give it a go.

Edited by Coryn02

I'd be interested but just as a warning my school scedual is pretty packed so I can end up vanishing for a short time every now and again, If you're okay with that.

Well I wouldn't mind doing sci-fi or Steampunk, but I'm not overly fond of just modern RPs,I also enjoy fantasy if you want to do that.

I've had a few ideas rattling around in my head, if you don't have any of your own you want to use that is.

Well I wouldn't mind doing sci-fi or Steampunk, but I'm not overly fond of just modern RPs,I also enjoy fantasy if you want to do that.

I've had a few ideas rattling around in my head, if you don't have any of your own you want to use that is.

Steampunk is great, really, but if you have ideas do let me know! After all, if we'll both have to agree on the idea.

Sorry for disappearing like that, I had to deal with life stuff.

OK so before I start typing out ideas I'd like to know a bit more on what you want to Roleplay. Do you want it to be an adventure/action, romantice/relation based, or maybe a mix?

Sorry for disappearing like that, I had to deal with life stuff.

OK so before I start typing out ideas I'd like to know a bit more on what you want to Roleplay. Do you want it to be an adventure/action, romantice/relation based, or maybe a mix?

I kind of disappeared as well... Sorry.

Romance is not really my thing, but I'd also like to get better at it. Good old adventure sounds like a way to go; gives us a long-term goal to work toward for the roleplay.

So do you want to do a sort of mix then? Also we don't have to do romance if you don't want to, relation can always just be friendship based as well.

Oh also do you want it to be an alternate historical steampunk setting or a future steampunk setting?

Alternate historical steampunk sounds cool, I'd like to try that. And I would be okay with a mixture. I'm trying to be open here, and since this is the freeforms for practicing types of roleplays, if I am going to give romance a shot, it should be here.

Alright. So I have a few plot ideas:

1) there could we a war going on between two countries. The battlesecond are usually held between sky ships (giant flying battle ships basically).the characters could be on apposite sides and either end up stranded somewhere together, or maybe one of them gets captured as a prisoner of war.

2) there are two detectives (or something like detectives) researching a series of strange accidents happening in a certain town/city but when they go there to check it out its clear that something bigger is happening.

3) there is a group of outlaws that normally are the bane of the police force but when an even greater evil shows its face the outlaws and the police have to work together in order to bring it down

4) a foreigner shows up in town/the city in clear distress. They claim someone is after them but refuse to say why. They could be a royal escaping assassins, or some experiment patient... or something...

Alright. So I have a few plot ideas:

1) there could we a war going on between two countries. The battlesecond are usually held between sky ships (giant flying battle ships basically).the characters could be on apposite sides and either end up stranded somewhere together, or maybe one of them gets captured as a prisoner of war.

2) there are two detectives (or something like detectives) researching a series of strange accidents happening in a certain town/city but when they go there to check it out its clear that something bigger is happening.

3) there is a group of outlaws that normally are the bane of the police force but when an even greater evil shows its face the outlaws and the police have to work together in order to bring it down

4) a foreigner shows up in town/the city in clear distress. They claim someone is after them but refuse to say why. They could be a royal escaping assassins, or some experiment patient... or something...

I like the first and the last ideas; especially the first. Shall we decide the specifics together?

Yeah. Maybe we can do a sort of combination of the two, like a noble gets captured but their captors think they have someone else?

Yeah. Maybe we can do a sort of combination of the two, like a noble gets captured but their captors think they have someone else?

You mean like a Curse of the Black Pearl sort of thing? That seems like an interesting start. I think I'd like to try that.

I can't really think of much else, really. Did you have any other ideas?

At this point, we should define when this RP shall take place. What are you thinking for that? I really don't know, but I had an idea involving feudal Japan. (I tried to make an RP like that once.)

That sounds interesting. I don't know much about the feudal era in japan but I'm willing to do some research.

OK so are we still doing the foreigner idea? And if you want to try to make this at least a slight romance what gender would you like to play,?

Edited by dragonsword

The idea is still going, yes.

While trying not to get too far into it, the period I know best is the Sengoku Jidai or "warring states" period of Japan, starting at the beginning of the Onin war in 1467 where the shogunate and two rival clans all disputed separate claims to the shogunate without a victor, resulting in a 100 year civil war free-for-all where everyone was the enemy of another by sheer proximity, culminating in the rise of the Tokugawa shogunate in 1603. (I could probably help out if you want to ask questions.)

And I'm personally okay with doing whatever gender you're okay with, though I'd rather keep things heteromantic if you wouldn't mind.

Help will defiantly be welcome if I end up getting confused by something.

I don't mind at all. I'm fine with having a female or male character so you can pick whichever gender you'd like to and I'll just do the other.

Also which side would you like to be on, the foreign side or the feudal Japan side?

Help will defiantly be welcome if I end up getting confused by something.

I don't mind at all. I'm fine with having a female or male character so you can pick whichever gender you'd like to and I'll just do the other.

Also which side would you like to be on, the foreign side or the feudal Japan side?

There weren't a whole lot of foreigners in Japan at this time; mostly just missionaries from Europe, and sometimes the Chinese (but not really, China and Japan had much mutual dislike). Most of the fighting happened between the clans of Japan (usually neighboring ones unless they were allied or vassal clans).

I choose a male character because I am also male and it will save me much confusion.

Ahah! But that is the beauty of Steampunk, it usually takes place in an alternate history where weird stuff can happen.... OK fine, I really just want to have a character from Europe because I know much more about the 14th century there then I do about the 14th century in Japan, that way when I'm confused so too shall be the character.

Maybe a traveling foreign ship gets caught up in the chaos caused by a current feud and end up getting taken down, being mistaken for the enemy?

Ahah! But that is the beauty of Steampunk, it usually takes place in an alternate history where weird stuff can happen.... OK fine, I really just want to have a character from Europe because I know much more about the 14th century there then I do about the 14th century in Japan, that way when I'm confused so too shall be the character.

Maybe a traveling foreign ship gets caught up in the chaos caused by a current feud and end up getting taken down, being mistaken for the enemy?

Ah right, I forgot the steampunk. This changes a lot, it would probably look more like the civil war between the shogunate and the emperor with European powers backing different sides.

I also suspect the Japanese clans would be suspicious of any outsiders they hadn't already befriended, so the starting situation works there as well.

Right... so I have to admit I didn't completely understand that but I blame that on being tired.

Also we don't have to do steampunk if you don't want to.

Right... so I have to admit I didn't completely understand that but I blame that on being tired.

Also we don't have to do steampunk if you don't want to.

I think the steampunk adds an element of fantasy that makes the scenario more interesting than otherwise (which is probably why my initial attempt failed), so I think I will keep going with that idea.

If you don't understand, I could try and explain some more... Though it might not work on account of the information rather than my attempts to clarify.