Naraku

Dungeon Fighter Online

((what happens if you hit him with a element that he isn't? No damage?)) and got annihilated at the boss because "blue aura=bad" is not the only thing we should know.

Overall, though, I think we can do it, just we need to be more careful about the mechanics. Know of any good English ones or do I have to still look up Chinese ones?

You can still damage Tog even if it have no element or different element. I recommend beating it up anyway; from my experience, every little damage really adds up and make the fight faster imo. But do try to discuss with your party for element order; e.g. light/dark/water. And blue aura? Blue orb or blue shield/ball? Blue orb(s): don't collect more than 3 or you'll die instantly (holding 3 will continuously damage you). Blue shield: Don't touch Nerbes while it has the orange shield up. Read the guide I linked below for more details!

Recently I added an Anton Normal guide to the OP, but here. Just over 100 pages, but it has plenty of essential information and pictures. Best of luck beating Anton!

Mertadorok (dork) is this, from Cutting Off the Energy.

user posted image

Oops, I meant the giant blue sigil that appears below his feet at times. Come to think of it, I think that's how I died... Though after he puts a similar thing around your char, how are you supposed to dodge that? Unless I just didn't notice the strike interval of the bolts.

And that's good to know. So I'm not completely screwed whenever we try to get Tog to become light element for optimal effect. Well, Echeverria probably mitigates that somewhat by how some of his attacks take on the most optimal element for damage, but that depends on what exactly happens when Tog becomes an element.

For future reference, I think I'll have to pop Kansjias on Tog instead of Teche.

Ah, thanks. I've heard there were some differences between CDnF and KDnF/DFO's Anton dungeons but couldn't find an guide for KDnF/DFO dungeons. Thanks you! Good luck to you as well! And I hope you can get Gigantic Presence for everyone you're grinding it for quickly! ((Admittedly, Bulky Conflagration sounds better, but is less accurate to the translation. Not that that's stopped them, but I digress.))

... Oooooh, so that's what sharkhead is called.

Anyway, I'll be helling as much as I can. Good luck to you if you're doing the same!

Oh, the giant seal thing. The boss will call down lightnings, just move around quickly. If you get hit, you'll get a blue shield aura around your character. It's very important to not touch the boss while he has the orange shield up, otherwise that'll kill you instantly.

So far, the guide hasn't failed me because of a difference, so I think it'll be fine. I have 1p (necklace) Refined Otherverse Magic Stone which is the only accessory set that beats Gigantic Presence, so I don't really have to worry about that. I just gotta hope I can find the other two pieces lol...

My finds from today hell are pretty good. Freezing Cut Robe and Tactical Lord Belt (2p now woot). I dismantled the unusables epics and sent dcs to my friend.

user posted image

First off, I think I'm more proud than I should be over finally updating this Chinese Voicepack correctly.

2nd, I missed a chance to grab a +10 Fused Ordinary Spirit Tear from the AH for 13mil. I'm partly regretting that, partly wondering if it's actually worth it... Then again, I'm running around with a MSealed Magic Stone, so it probably was.... >_>

And I swear this is our guild.

My hells were... Well, I got 3 demon eyes in a row, but that's about the only exciting thing that happened. Got a superstar ring* and that's about it for the epics.

*aka 6 more shiny eyes

If it was a 10+ amped (Int.) Spirit Ordinary Tear with good elemental stats, then it would've been worth it. But what really matters is the elemental stats, just compare those and try to find the best one for cheap.

Hope you have a better luck this weekend! My finds last week took about 2.1k invs and 20 hell tickets. I have about 1.1k invs ready for this weekend. RIP superstar ring tho

How was your luck this weekend? I got freaking memfinity piercing. And that's about it.

I'm using it for buff swap but... At least I can use it, I guess...

Sorry to say this, I got Wizard Staff last Saturday. It's A tier weapon for GM, S tier is Rabineta Rod. 3p on Unknown Black Hole. Still 2p on Tactical set. dry.gif Oh, I also got a dupe Shepherd's Rod after I got my Wizard Staff. RIP

Think that's about it. A total of 8 epics. Most are trash ofc.

Ah.... Well, congrats? Save for the attack speed, it's still a pretty good weapon, right?

/knows nothing of GM

And hey, at least you're not that poor guy who snapped the other day and ranted "give me [a] scythe" over and over on the mega. Then he spammed the mega but that's not the point.

Ooof.... More demon eyes, at least?

Also, I found this: user posted image

Any success on fire wing woman? Or is lag still Anton's most dangerous asset?

Tog is annoying me. Or at least his tornadoes are. I think I need to play it safe and keep farther away from him but I wanna whip my summons....

Not doing Anton near midnight would also help, I suspect.

We beat Anton Normal. We pretty much got the hang of gimmicks. Mateka is the most worst difficult of all bosses... Yeah. I do have to give up my attack speed, but the tradeoff is worth it. 500k+ each arrows (OV set) with various buff = yes very much worth it. I think I saw that mega spam too lol. They have no chill.

I want that pet. It's a shame it'll never come back... T_T

By the way, Tog usually flings its tornadoes right after it spawns a large or small red orb(s). Just watch for those, then run or teleport horizontally (or prepare to dodge if someone else is targeted).

OOooo, thanks! I'll have to watch for that.

And oh my goddess

the current news on the launcher

FSLAYER 2nds!

I want my sword of starlight! Gimme!

I'm raising DT and Male Launcher for 1+1 event. Now they're 86 and awakened. I think I kinda regret raising DT right now because of the level up events that will come when the 2nd is released. I learned about it too late, lol oh well. What characters are you leveling up for 1+1?

Edited by JolteonTails

BMage and MGrappler here. Well, summoner as of currently, but I wanted to test something out and Ill switch her over later.

Haha *patpat*, well, nothing's stopping you from making another DT....

And huh, as an sidenote, I don't hear about Vagabound these days. I remember when I made my FSlayer, it was "go Vaga or go home" and SM was pretty much the black sheep of the family.

And now GLOOOORRRIIIAAAA is most popular FSlayer subclass while nobody cares about Vaga anymore.

Edited by beiningtian

Oh lord I thought this game died. Back in the days I wasn't able to enjoy DFO at all. Are the new publishers any good? Nexon probably did itself some good by dropping it some years ago since it was so darn empty. What's the population in that game like now?

Yeah, Neople generally rolls out content pretty fast. Unless you're playing dress-up fighter online, I guess, but I generally don't so I dunno about that part. But as of currently we have an avvy set that KDnF got literally a year ago, so make your own judgement on that part.

The community is here, though I'm not sure about the size of it. One thing's for sure is that you'll find people in every server, the question is which server? Due to the exp bonus stuff people might not be most locations in a server.

Out of curiosity, what made it so unbearable for you?

@beiningtian, to be honest I don't even remember all the details of what I disliked most about it. The biggest thing for me was that Character movement felt un-optimized and it felt like a generic old school arcade game. Secondly if I recalled correctly the game was instance based, which is something I never really liked in game. I played so many years ago so I honestly forgot what I disliked most about it. There were a few times I tried to go back though to give the game a chance, but everytime I tried to download it from Nexon there was some issue that stopped the game from launching.

Call me Pyro, please.

Well, it's still an oldschool arcade style beat-um-up with RPG elements. Not sure what you mean by instance-based, but I don't think the gameplay changed at all, just streamlined.

Not sure what you mean about character movement being unoptimized.

The game has changed a lot since Nexon time. There is no Nexon launcher for DFO now, so maybe you wouldn't get an error (personally I've always had various of problems with Nexon games). Though Neople is indeed a part of Nexon, they're much better. They usually reply tickets within a day or so. I believe they're currently looking for a publisher.

I probably wouldn't mind making another F Slayer for the event if the rewards are good enough. Dunno much about F Slayer classes, but I know DT is superior for their hold ability. My friend said Demon Slayer sucked. I think I will make a Vagabond.

Welp.

Final hell weekend. Got an Infinity Req chest. How good is that?

Also, just to make sure, did you know that Naen sells ((Anton-only)) element-endowing pots?

Anyway, woowee! Ancients event! I can't believe it! time to run practice mode req until I get self-confident then die first try. How long would it take me to get a recipe for Captain Trooper's Core Stone?

How long would it take me to get a recipe for Captain Trooper's Core Stone?

Forever. Unless if you get really lucky. Currently Legendary drop rate is ridiculous (same with Gabe). :/

61th long dry streak so I'm stopping for today lol. No epic drop, just some eyes. Maybe I'll run more hells tomorrow.

9 Demon eyes, Balmung and Masamune today. Yay more dcs!

Edited by JolteonTails

Haha, congrats on that!

All I got this event are eyes. So many eyes....

Oh, and the infinity piercing. I need to remember I have that.

Yeah, sounds about right. Anything farmable I can use to compound into that or do I have to just deal with Kartel HQ?

Makes me wonder how I got a recipe on my SM.... Remind me where Gabe can show up with recipes?

.... Speaking of SM....

Starsword*/HAHAHAHAA/Pentagon/Moon Power tomorrow! Woooo!

*or Glooooria!

Edit: I just want to edit to call out that the two people in our guild who played the most and how they duoed Source of Black Smoke.

Edit/rant

I'm absolutely useless in Anton normals! All I'm freaking good for is looking pretty and getting killed, with the occasional spirit sac for ele defense reduction. This is freaking embarrassing I'm a censorkip.gif summoner even and I end up the most useless out of SB/Mstriker/GM/Shumma. Also move outta the sjjsj way of the tornadoes you stupid AI!

What am I doing wrong? Not enough Eclipse Hives? Need more Kansjas? I can't do the latter, my friend's wifi will lag like hell... Spam my boost skills? If I/my summons don't DIE in the next 5 seconds maybe that'll work!

I mean I swear ALL I did whenever we partied in the past is drop Florae Collider via support. Now I can't even superhold.

... Maybe I should switch to my "normal" skills instead of this Anton-suggested skills. Not that Louise's freeze would do anything, but why the heck not.

Edited by beiningtian

For compounding your Magic Stone, Luther sells two Magic Stones. I suggest you go for Buried Scream Crystalline. 300 Nugol Eyes, one of the required materials, are tradeable. Buy those off AH/grind Screaming Cavern. The other required material is 80 Vengeful Residual Reflections. They're untradeable, you'll have to grind (EX) Screaming Cavern. Pick up appropriate Limited Quest for either [Ancient] (gives 2) or [Requiem] (gives 3). You can't do both quests in one day, bull I know. Fortunately, you can trade in Stars (new event) for those (max 60).

Alternatively, for Dusky West Gem, you can grind Kartel for 80 Romantic Horizons (if you don't wanna buy Nugol Eye/grind Screaming Cavern). Same thing with Limited Quests. However, Kartel HQ is harder than Screaming Cavern. You also can trade in Stars for those.

tl;dr buy Buried Scream Crystalline or Dusky West Gem from Luther then compound those (make sure you select Magic Stone in the Compound window, not random) and let RNGesus do their job...

Sorry that you're not doing well in Anton normals. It's a pretty difficult dungeon... You'll be able to deal more damage when you get your set (Spirit Union I believe) from OV and other better gears. I hope you got the selective Chron box from Uncle Sam I Want You event, cuz that's going away in about 20 mins. Also stick with your original skills/build if you're happy with it. It's your playstyle.

Yeah, thanks. Not sure which I should be doing: I can beat EX Kartel more consistently, but that minigame at the beginning... Meanwhile I feel like I should have an easier time with Screaming Cavern but I don't know what to really do except "send summons out and hope it dies."

I've been borrowing the Spirit Union 6pc from Ludmilla.

I'm pretty sure part of the reason is because I am literally the only person in the party without a *really* useable epic because that last hell event hated me. The guy with SB has a (few?) DG piece(s) and +11 Makaya, MStriker is not only REALLY good at the game, but he has some Natural Guardian stuff and a +10/+8 Mana Use iirc, and GM has Lib Rod and water Natural Guardian.

So as of now, I am in the really weird position of "support summoner." How? Whip, sac, and freeze. All I need is a few aura items and I can aura slave....

user posted image

Also Idle Fighter Online is real. 9 hours per day for a chron box seems too much....

Edited by beiningtian

I can help carry you for Screaming Cavern if you need. Most of rooms are just kill without worrying too much about gimmicks. I also have a bit of trouble with minigame at beginning of Kartel HQ lol.

I forgot that OV event exists. I haven't been doing much OV lately. Do you at least have avatar clones? Those boost your stats. Use emblems too (use Mileage to buy Silver emblems). Hey, keep doing hells, even if the event is over. Luck is luck, maybe it'll come to you soon... Sorry, I've never played as Summoner so I don't have much good advices. :/

400h is too much for 1 Chron. I don't like leaving my computer on overnight so I'll skip that.

Oh, so that's just "kill everything?" Okay, then. I was being a bit more careful then I usually am so I can figure out the gimmick, but let me try a few runs going full force.

It's fine. To be honest, I was somewhat nervous about telling you I main summoner just because of the general dislike towards them, but here you are, trying to help me the best you can while I rant to you about my problems, so really, there's nothing to apologize for.

And haha, yup. In that time you probably would have gotten what you wanted from OV anyway.

*a hell run today got me Absolute Being's dead body. Is it just me or are all the CotD hellmobs glitchy?

Edited by beiningtian

Good luck with Screaming Cavern! Oh, I forgot to mention that you can practice in Practice Mode. Just enter without required materials.

Yeah, I already have my OV set. I'm still working on my alts to get their OV set though. Speaking of OV set, this is how broken Ice Arrow Shot set is. 9p and Freezing Cut Robe. Some people say it's boring to spam one skill, but myself I think it's fun. You might want to experiment with other OV set if Spirit Union isn't helping you much. I think Freedom of Spirit used to be good, but some skills got nerfed after AiO patch? After all, experimenting with sets was how I found Ice Arrow Shot to be OP. I thought Ice Floral Hell was the best set.

CotD Hell Party doesn't seem glitchy to me. It's probably just you?

Now is a good time to grind Ancient dungeons. 2x drop rate! I got a Legendary Tonfa from running GT recently. Compounded it into Wooden Puppet Sword lol. Gotta try again later in hope for better Sub Equip.

Failed +12 thrice. I'm so salty.

Edited by JolteonTails