Naraku

Dungeon Fighter Online

Come play your Anime World!

Anyone here play Dungeon Fighter Online? Check it out if you're curious. Steam link. Basically, it's a MMO 2D beat 'em up game. It's pretty fun. Lots to learn, but addicting. Has anyone played DFO on Nexon before it went down? I did. Leveling up was hard back then, but now it's much easier after the AiO patch on Jan 2016.

Feel free to ask me questions; I should be able to answer most of them. Though I cannot help with some sub/class specified questions/advices I don't know about. I can also help carry in most dungeons. Normal Anton too! I'm also in Unofficial Dragon Cave Discord, so feel free to mention/message me there.

The Megaphone tab (like broadcasting messages, which can't be hidden) is terrible at times, but don't let it bother you. There are kind people out there. Neople team is also friendly and prompt unlike Nexon. ha.

Useful links: (may contain languages, usually in comment section if any...)

DFO Wiki

DFO Reddit

Anton Raid Minimum Gears

Anton Normal Guide It's a bit messy, but very helpful.

Anton Raid Guide (updated link.)

PPT Luke Normal Guide - simplified (caps lock/language) may be outdated for some mobs.

Locations of Terranium Rocks

Useful OV Sets

90 Epic Sets + Upgraded Sets (some may be outdated)

Luke Raid Guide

Interesting links:

DFO Lores (excluding Knights) Spoilers be here of course.

Online Art Exhibit

Feel free to PM/whisper me for whatever reasons, but remember I cannot help with some sub/class specified questions/advices I don't know about. I currently have no idea about Seasonal server, so ask somewhere else.

@thum1_NPJsrFeivYYljW.jpg
Edited by JolteonTails

*glances at ((still unchanged)) Christmas avatar*

Friendly [Honorary] Grand Blue Lore member at your service~

It's been slow going in this game for me since school and stuff, so my main is only level 82 right now. I also have.... 9 alts on the side, so...

Also good grief, who thought the start to the Iced Wall scenarios now was a good idea? 200 Cloth Scraps are a mite too far, don't you think? ((Especially when nobody cared to pick them up before since they had about the same amount of use as a wad of paper...))

I do agree that 200 cloth scraps are a little too much (especially they don't drop often), but they aren't too bad once you have several lvl 85's with a bunch of mats. I think you'll need 200 irons thing (maybe rusty, not sure) for Epic quest in Ghent/Oceanic. Other Epic quests are easier now though.

Nexon DFO took me forever to level up a char, but whoa it's so easy now (except doing long Epic questline in Ghent). 500 demon invites as a reward for reaching lvl 85, levelling different characters is really worth it!

Edited by JolteonTails

200 Superior Irons for Kartel HQ in OE. That's one quest I'll be trying to skip on my other chars. At least overleveling enough allows you to auto-clear stuff, though considering how walled my EK is when she's level 69 makes me wonder how effective that would actually be.

And I heard something about a 200 superior hardeners quest.... Is that true?

Yup! Scenarios give insane exp; A friend that just recently joined the game got his Soul Bender to Reaper while still in Behemoth!

Just reached 85 last night with my summoner, actually~

So how do I unlock Power Station hell mode? Just kill the bosses until the thing for Grandis drops from them?

I don't remember 200 superior hardeners... I don't think such quest exists. I think 100 of those are needed for first awakening quest, though.

Yep! Just defeat those Power Station bosses until they drop things that Grandis needs.

What do you think the event to hype Shadow Dancer will be? Something like the pre-kunochi one?

Also Mirror Arad tomorrow/in a few hours! Hype!

Plus Coliseum if you're into PvP. I wonder if EK still has her super armor buff in there?

I'm fairly sure "Assassin's Greed" will be like the Kunoichi event in the past. I'm excited about Mirror Arad too~ Endless Eternities! Their price will surely tank after the patch. Also old dungeons! Hype! It's limited to 10 runs per day though. I hope it drops enough Endlesses for daily Ancient/Requiem. Edit: doesn't give much EE, but multiple characters should make up for that.

Edited by JolteonTails

Well, it might not be a flood of EEs but it's better than 1 every two runs of a dungeon, and doing all 10 runs before Ancients/Requiem dailies should cover most of the cost. The exp capsules are helpful too. ((The pots are predictably weighed towards the low end, correct? Or was I just unlucky?))

Assuming you practiced enough in practice mode before so you don't spend too many tokens/die and ragequit.

Also, seeing the premeta Arad dungeons is pretty cool for someone like me who weren't here for them. 1st Spine's and Mirkwood's music~ <3

Although... The Spines made me mad that Neople used the GBL temple background for Corrupt Temple in Iced Wall when they could have used the nice moving background instead.

Hey, is Verderia in Mirror Arad?

On a bit more of a story-related topic, what is Iris? Is she a puppet a la Clara or is she human?

Edit: hey, a guildmate of mine noticed that Noble Sky is on the teleport list already. Think Anton might be in the patch with or after Shadow Dancer?

Edited by beiningtian

Haven't happened across Verderia yet myself, but this wiki page says it does exist in Mirror Arad, though the page is fairly old (probably based on KDnF). However I can confirm dungeons that didn't exist in NA DFO are added to Mirror Arad. Edit: Apparently not for Verderia.

Hmm, not sure about Iris. [spoilers ahead] IIRC she was being controlled by Hilder(?), making her do things Hilder wanted her to (restoring Pandemonium I believe). I'm honestly not sure if she is a puppet or human, but maybe both..?

I really don't think Anton is coming any time soon. When it came out in KDnF, only 1% of the players was actually Anton ready! The Noble Sky being listed on the teleport list may be an accident, or Neople probably has a plan for players to prepare for Anton...

Edited by JolteonTails

Yup. Premeta FSlayer stuff, correct?

Aw. I liked the music there... Though Mirror Michelle probably wouldn't want to fight us again--or more optimistically, started to consider that people can actually care after all!--after trouncing her once.

She was controlled by Hilder. But the thing is, her Ancients/Requiem chat dialogue has her saying some pretty interesting stuff.... And some even more interesting stuff if you can understand Korean/installed a voicepack you can understand, including calling herself a ((and if we're being more specific, an abandoned)) puppet. While in the Ancients/Requiem place she's clearly depressed and probably not in the best state of mind, it does make me wonder, especially when she mentions that the only reason she's even able to move is because of Marrelette/that instrument she has with her.

Also, that magic stone you can get from Awakening has the description of "The tears of a puppet with a human soul."

Well, Anton Raid maybe not, but what about Anton normals?

How are we supposed to prep for Anton, though? The best I can think of apart from Anton normals is some sort of Legendary/Epic drop rate x5 and Hell event, preferably simutaniously.

Edited by beiningtian

I think Anton will be coming at the end of this year. A while ago my friend found this spreadsheet for minimum Anton gears. Take it with a grain of salt as it's entirely based on players' opinions, but good to get the idea what you'll need.

Hm. Well, not particularly surprising if the "only top 1% of Korean players can play Anton" rumor is true. ((Time for me to search out some guides...))

Does the different blocks mean "have this or this" or "must have for swapping?"

"Nen Master Race"...?

Surprised at rogue only "needing" Force Hit End chron items--I'm not going to say that I'm a good rogue by any stretch of the mind, but that's rather light compared to everyone else. Of course, that would also depend on the amount of Force Hit End items that are needed.

Interesting lack of mention of FoS for summoners. I suppose most people would consider the T2s better because of the Eclipse's Hive abilities, but there would be more T1s on the screen at any given moment providing a large chunk of the DPS.

Amusing how someone can roughly tell how well a class does in Anton depending on the requirements in the chart.

Here's the topic in the Nexus for the guy who's talking about most of the Anton stuff: Link.

Edit: Reddit forum providing more Anton infos, including an album of the various classes and equips the parties in the raid had.

Edited by beiningtian

The event is fun and OP. Mini games are welcomed. They give a lot of awesome goodies. Now only if the fountain could give me that darned clone avatar so I could bind it... Hell buff (80% chance of insane) is helping me a lot with my runs. I got the Chaos Stone Necklace out of it. Made one of my friends jealous. :P

I got 100 coins drop from boss twice so far (more to throw at the fountain!). If you're in a party, make sure to let them know before they continue.

How about you? Got anything good from the event?

Pretty good from what little I've played of the game recently. Minigames and ((most of)) the prizes are definitely nice, and looky, a cameo by Becky!

Congrats! The almost-perma Hell mode buff got one of my guildmates an epic for his GM. Or was it two? Either way, this is an awesome little mini-hell event.

Hm, if you're in a party, is there enough time for you to pick up all 100 coins? My guild was MArading the other day and this one guy got the jackpot twice. We waited until it kicked us to town and both times he only got 88~ of the 100. Pretty sure he was using the //setitem command too.

I haven't got a jackpot yet... But I don't think I can say I'm unlucky. Recent achievements include getting 3 Free Hell tickets in one day from the wheel, 2 epics in my first.... What, about 20, runs of hell ((still haven't got one my summoner can use, though)), and The Behemoth in 3 tickets ((I wanted to see if I could get him in two, didn't, decided to change Valentine Behemoth into Black, and ended up with Behe Jr... RNG \(o_o)/))

I swear, as soon as I press post then do a stage, I'm going to get a jackpot...

Hm, if you're in a party, is there enough time for you to pick up all 100 coins? My guild was MArading the other day and this one guy got the jackpot twice. We waited until it kicked us to town and both times he only got 88~ of the 100. Pretty sure he was using the //setitem command too.

setitem command works, but simply mashing x probably isn't enough. A friend of mine sent me an autofire program (in-game autofire kinda sucks). I'm sure it's a legal program. It helps a lot with many things (hell/multiple drops, natram grind, x attacks etc). I can't find it by googling... maybe your guild knows? A lot of players have autofire.

Maybe in-game autofire would be good enough for 100 coins drop. I dunno. Maybe not? Neople should've just bundled the coins into one, imo.

Also, congrats on getting The Behemoth with a few tickets. I had to use about 14 tickets before I finally got it, heh. Luckily Mileage shop exists. Disassemble those useless epics into useful demon eyes for challenges, or save them up for whatever interests you in Grandis's shop (usually not much good things in there though).

--------------------

Summary of the recent stream looks pretty interesting.

-Thief 2nd awakenings are coming on Tuesday, as revealed on their Facebook.

-Zombie farm event next week. Progress is shared across your account, and items gotten from dungeons are used to feed your zombies.

-Epic Book and Printscreen abuse in PvP will be fixed on Tuesday's patch.

-Level 86 cap, Anton Normal dungeons and Refine +8 are coming in April.

-Reinforcement event is not coming quite yet. In the "near future".

-Making grinding more fun is what MJ mentioned, along with making it a bit easier. He also said that they prepared something that makes it possible to get higher reinforced weapons easier, though it's a like it or hate it situation.

Edited by JolteonTails

Hm. I'll check, then. Kinda doubt if my guild has anyone that knows of it, but maybe I can find it myself.

But yeah, they should have... And included a multi-toss option for the fountain. :/

Is it just me or is MArad's roulette...”Stuck?" I have a handful of dungeons I've seen a billion times, most I've only seen once or twice, and I still haven't fought Cyrus, Skasa, Charlie, or Issa as of currently.

Edit: speak of the devil, I just fought Cyrus. tongue.gif

Oh! Thanks, I missed the Stream. Probably was too busy watching Anton raid vids.

Epic Book abuse in PvP? What is that?

Alrighty then! But what about Castle of the Dead? ((Then again, storywise we need Anton to die first))

"Near Future"

Huh, MJ mentioned something about Reinforcement on the Facebook page too... Well, or at least he said that he feels having a good reinforcement level is important, especially for post OV things.

.... Like it or hate it...? Lemme guess, fused cubes can be used to boost chances. Like 20 fused cubes for a +5% or something.

GBL~! ((On a different note, what does that mean? I'm currently taking it as "Good Luck!" with the random B in there for the reference.))

Edit2: @your awesome subtitle

user posted image

Edited by beiningtian

omg the art. it's beautiful ('whale' is a term for players that throw their money and time on a game like this)

Is it just me or is MArad's roulette...”Stuck?" I have a handful of dungeons I've seen a billion times, most I've only seen once or twice, and I still haven't fought Cyrus, Skasa, Charlie, or Issa as of currently.

Probably just RNG, but you're not the only one- I experience this as well. Purgatorium, Blood Sands, and GBL Hatchery tend to show up more often for my party. secretly hoping for Imperial Castle Wall for quick clear and 1 fp

I have a good feeling CotD will come with level 86 patch. It's logical to give players a new epic/feat quest leading up to level 86. Then again, who knows? Maybe not.

Doesn't GBL mean Grand Blue Lore? I don't know the other meaning of it.

GBL Hatchery!? Sorry, buddy... That must be tedious as heck. ((Assuming he still has both his 10 sec I-frames))

The talk on the forum is that Castle of the Dead is coming out with Anton normals. There's an epic questline in normals that unlocks Jelva, apparently.

I'm perfectly aware, but this is funnier!

It does, but for some reason MJ put "GBL folks" at the end of his FB post. Unless he's telling all of us to join?

Nah it's not tedious actually. We (party) wreck Vangelis easily as long as we don't screw up. He does still have his invincibility when his hp reaches a certain threshold, kinda similar with Gershen's gimmick. Yeah, it does make sense CotD is coming along with the next update.

Oh, I see. I don't recall seeing 'GBL folks' at the end of his posts. -goes to look for them- Ah, I see it.

Edited by JolteonTails

Ah, you prefer doing MArad in a party too? Haha, guess waiting those 20 seconds is better with friends. All I know is that I was *this* close to smashing my old laptop after finishing the Bantu Horn Necklace feat. Endless Nightmare indeed.

We should meet in game sometime. Who's your main?

Okay, so MJ seems to be talking about the order after all. Partly, anyway.

I run with my party everyday for most dailies. Partying in Arad is a good idea for Hell mode (but so far it only brought nothing but serious salt- somebody else got Shining Intelligence while I ran on my Ele bomber). Bantu Horn Necklace feat? Unfortunately, that feat's reward is pretty useless. It's honestly not worth your time. :/

My main is Kuirama. Let me know if you need help with anything. tongue.gif

Edited by JolteonTails

As a person who got the dang necklace, it was decidedly not worth my time.

..... OUCH.

As a sidenote, one of my guildmates got Lord of Ranger on his MStriker instead of his MRanger. He wasn't very happy.

Anyway, what do you think about the thief 2nds? Any of the thief subclasses you're leveling up?

Also this OP event! Holy crud. xd.png Flying Tips is actually useful!

((And gods the cut-ins. Weren't those used for some CDnF event or another?))

Edit 2:Yes, yes it was.

Alright, my main is trash an Eclipse named GuangPata if I contact you.

EDIT: SPEAKING OF SUMMONERS

THIS OP EVENT

APplies to Echeverria

ECHEVERRIA

That's like this event applying to RFF for witches or... Or Ice Crash for EBombers. Or Dragon Kick for MStrikers. Or... Just.... He's arguably the most OP summon there is. lolwut

Edited by beiningtian

((And gods the cut-ins. Weren't those used for some CDnF event or another?))

Edit 2:Yes, yes it was.

I was looking all over for those hilarious cut-ins!! Thanks for the link! my friend hates them but i think they're awesome

Anyway, I don't have a thief character. However it's about time they got their 2nd awakenings. Events and lost treasure items are pretty good. 99m against gimmicky enemies like Baulthral save a lot of time! Zombie researching event has a Farmville(?) feel to it, grow them and get good stuffs I guess. That 'Delezie' pet is cute tho~ More demon invs are great as well.

Earlier I got Ceave's box. Got a pitiful 10% +12 ticket from it. My sibling asked for it so I gave it to them (for free of course). Guess what? They succeeded! I was pretty surprised considering the RNG in this game.

As a sidenote, one of my guildmates got Lord of Ranger on his MStriker instead of his MRanger. He wasn't very happy.

Ouch. That's one of the many reasons you shouldn't run hells on your alts. :/ feelsbadman

My whisper has been acting weird lately, fyi. Sometimes I would get a notification, but I'd see nothing.

Edited by JolteonTails