XanderAdversary

Eating eggs?

Most of us eat chicken eggs, and of course they won't have a baby chicken inside.

But in Valkemare, would people eat the eggs of dragons that don't have baby dragons inside?

If I could, I'd definitely try some!

(Unless it was as expensive as caviar tongue.gif)

What do you guys think?

I'd give it a try, probably at least twice. Once to make an initial decision and twice to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

Not sure I'd want to annoy moma and papa dragons tongue.gif

Well, chickens don't mind!

Plus they'd probably know that there wouldn't be a dragon in the egg.

Depends on the dragon it comes from. If it's a docile breed then maybe, but if it's a more voilent or protective kind then that's another thing. They may not take too kindly to those trying to snatch their eggs, growing baby within or not. ^^;

However if I saw it on a local tavern's menu I'd probably give it a try.

Yum, I would try some dragon balut. The eggs probably make some hefty omelettes.

Since the AP description (whether or not it's to be believed) says once we humans get our dirty hands on eggs, the parents can no longer recognize them as theirs. So if you can steal an egg and keep it for a while, it's probably yours forever. To eat.

Honestly a sterile dragon egg would probably feed a ton of people and be in pretty high demand... especially for larger breeds. I'd imagine that more docile breeds would willingly share unfertilized eggs with people in exchange for a service or something. It's not like it would hatch into a baby dragon anyway.

And sterile drake eggs are almost certainly eaten; they're not sentient and not very big, so it's probably easy to keep a flock and collect their eggs every so often.

Definitely. I love eggs of all types (even those thousand-year eggs that are black) and have even tried Balut (egg with duck fetus inside, it was terrible). Dragon eggs would probably be spicy. In D&D, that's how dragon meat is described, at least most of it. Spicy or tasteless, or in the case of gold dragons, tastes like chicken. laugh.gif

If there are unfertilized eggs, I think it would be a shame not to eat them. They're probably full of proteins and vitamins. user posted image

I probably wouldn't, considering I don't even eat eggs in real life. Maybe if they were baked into something, like a cake. Dragon egg cake. Would it taste any different?

I probably wouldn't, considering I don't even eat eggs in real life. Maybe if they were baked into something, like a cake. Dragon egg cake. Would it taste any different?

There might not be a difference in taste, but it would probably make baking larger cakes much easier. Either that or large (or a lot of) omelettes.

Eggs I wouldn't eat would be Vampire, Cassare or Avatar eggs though, but Sweetling eggs might be nice (This egg looks delicate and sweet.)

Eggs I wouldn't eat would be Vampire, Cassare or Avatar eggs though, but Sweetling eggs might be nice (This egg looks delicate and sweet.)

Brimstone eggs - they already smell off! D:

I would probably try it as long as I was sure there was no hatchie killed in order to get/prepare it.

...Or it was a Cheese egg. xd.png

And like some people mentioned, some species probably wouldn't be any good for eating. I feel like Black Teas and Heartseekers would be popular because of their smell.

Well guess we can know what stars taste like if we try a Nebula egg xd.pngblink.gif

Actually they would be too pretty for me to even think to try

Xeno eggs look like they would be delicious, but their descriptions makes me think of eating crushed glass. Internal bleeding, bleh.

Mana courses through this glassy egg...

Xeno eggs look like they would be delicious, but their descriptions makes me think of eating crushed glass. Internal bleeding, bleh.

Mana courses through this glassy egg...

Oh no! xd.png

I was thinking hmmm they kinda look like snowcones... would they taste like one??

Then I saw that post xd.png

That's my life goal now... to make Xenowyrm Snowcones lol

How would someone know if there was a dragon in that egg they are about to eat?

Maybe the dragon who laid the egg knows, and humans can find out by the way she treats the egg?

E.g. she lays an egg, sniffs at it, and either carefully puts soft things around it or kicks it out of her nest.

I guess we don't know if dragons lay unfertilized eggs at all. We get "you breed the dragons but no egg is produced", but we never get "your dragon spontaneously lays an egg even though she hasn't even been holding hands with a male dragon recently".

Any dragon biologists here...?

Maybe the dragon who laid the egg knows, and humans can find out by the way she treats the egg?

E.g. she lays an egg, sniffs at it, and either carefully puts soft things around it or kicks it out of her nest.

I guess we don't know if dragons lay unfertilized eggs at all. We get "you breed the dragons but no egg is produced", but we never get "your dragon spontaneously lays an egg even though she hasn't even been holding hands with a male dragon recently".

Any dragon biologists here...?

Well most dragons are capable of telepathy, so maybe mages who raise them can start farms of sort. The dragon lays an egg, and if it isn't fertilized she gives it to the human who raised her.

What kind of bowl do you use to crack a Geode egg?

Maybe a rock hammer? And I would hope we could eat the geode-y part, kind of like coconut!

Confused Cat, you crack me up!

I'd try dragon egg just to try it. But I'm not sure I'd like it. I can barely eat duck eggs without wanting to gag. Chicken eggs though... yum! xd.png