Riverwillows

Dragon Sort - CB vs Bred

I looked at the previous threads and I didn't see any that SPECIFICALLY mentioned the CB vs Bred sort, so if I am wrong I'm sorry, don't "warn" me pls!! unsure.gif

I think it'd be great to have the ability to go to a person's (or even your own!) scroll, and have a sort button on the side, to see which of their dragons are CB or Bred....would save time when checking for potential mates to trade for. We have one we can see on our own view, but it'd be nice to have a sort button to view on other scrolls, even if just to check for CB or bred.

(can also add the "By Breed" option to the sort, for those with unorganized scrolls!)

Edit: It would NOT be permanent!!! Just to temp see what's CB and what's NOT. It would go away once you left the scroll. It would not "sort" the other person's scroll, just allow you to see one time what's available.

What you all think?? Be kind ok?

Edited by Riverwillows

No. Absolutely not. I do not want anybody being able to sort MY scroll. They can see it on the way I sort it, if I have it visible, and that's it. Leave MY scroll alone.

Edited by SullenCat

I support this.

It would be much easier to see which dragons in a user scroll or cave born or bred.

Or at least make this an option to sort our own scrolls

(Deleted my previous comment as it made no sense, sorry)

Like I said in the first post, it's not perm....it's just a temporary "view only" option one time, for purposes of checking for potential trades. Just like on your own scroll, you have the option on the side to temp view a different sort.

Edited by Riverwillows

Like I said in the first post, it's not perm....it's just a temporary "view only" option one time, for purposes of checking for potential trades. Just like on your own scroll, you have the option on the side to temp view a different sort.

I do not care if is not perm. Perm or temp, I do not want anybody able to sort my scroll. I've no problem if you want to have different sorts for yours, just leave mine alone.

Support since it wouldn't be permanent. It'd be especially helpful for large scrolls when it comes to arranging mates for trades.

I like this idea. Also great for seeing perfect breeds (eg. [no pun intended] PB Anagallis Dragon).

Support. smile.gif

How exactly would it sort them though? For people with custom sortings, you can't just say stick em at the start of their breeds cause they might not all be together. Would it just put all the CBs before anything bred?

The only possible issue I see is viewbombers using it to pick out targets with a lot of CB rares, but for that the person could just hide their grown dragons... so I guess I just negated my own point. xd.png

Some support, but I don't really care if it does or doesn't get added.

I do not care if is not perm. Perm or temp, I do not want anybody able to sort my scroll. I've no problem if you want to have different sorts for yours, just leave mine alone.

Your posts are making me laugh.

Do you have something private in your scroll you don't want people to see? Do the dragons feel intimidated because of the sorting process? Do you feel intimidated? Are your dragons arranged artistically or something, and people viewing them with another order will spoil your masterpiece?... seriously, I don't get some people.

Dude, this is a game, snap out of it.

Anyways, good luck getting this to work. There's always tons of useful and good ideas (just a quick look at the suggestion forum will show you that), and mostly everyone agrees and whatnot, but appart from new breeds and such, very few new features are ever implemented. Then the true question comes - why even support or go against these ideas if none of them ever gets accomplished?... None of them gets anywhere, and most of the time with zero feedback from people aside mods - which can in all honestly do much in getting these implemented, since everything depends on the big boss. Moreover, people keep inventing ludicrous and complex ways to achieve things that are so straightforward in the eyes of many - most of the time probably just to get some kind profit for themselves, or because otherwise it'd be "unfair" for them (while on the other hand it'd benefit tons of other users).

Just my two cents, but really, I've gotten used to the lack of innovation 'round here.

PS: I support this idea by the way (and many others in the suggestions forum, I just don't post because it kinda leads nowhere, does it?).

Edited by Mightycucumber

It sounds like some users don't understand the side sort button on their own pages. It allows a temp sort that doesn't affect the default sort you have chosen, just a quick reference to see your dragons by breed, name, etc.

That's what this button would do. Same thing, only when you view other's scrolls, and allowing the CB vs Bred option as well. Probably sort it with CB first, then Bred, by alphabetical order. And like the one on your scroll, the minute you leave the scroll, it goes automatically back to the default view.

Maybe now others will understand how useful this could be, without actually changing the scrolls you are viewing. No violation of other's privacy, as it would only work on viewable scrolls, just like now.

It is the same button, just now viewable on another players scroll when you go to check it out.

And nothing anyone can ever do, not even TJ, can prevent viewbombers, other than just hiding your scroll.

Edited by Riverwillows

I don't think this has to do with knowledge of buttons or not, it's a matter of personal preference.

If I want people to know what I have available, I tell them. Not everything that's CB on my scroll is available for others, simply because they're tied up in projects or somesuch.

So, dragon sort on my own scroll: okay, yes please.

Dragon sort on someone else's scroll, just for the sake of snooping for CBs to boot: nope.

If I want people to know what I have available, I tell them. Not everything that's CB on my scroll is available for others, simply because they're tied up in projects or somesuch.

So, dragon sort on my own scroll: okay, yes please.

Dragon sort on someone else's scroll, just for the sake of snooping for CBs to boot: nope.

^^^THIS.

What Ruby Eyes said.

Why do other people *need* to know what dragons on my scroll are CB?? They don't! I don't want to get PMs begging me to breed for someone because they found out I have a lot of CBs of a certain species. Why should any random user be able to sort *my* scroll any way they wanted? No. No. No. It's my scroll and I have things sorted the way they are for reasons.

Your posts are making me laugh.

Do you have something private in your scroll you don't want people to see? Do the dragons feel intimidated because of the sorting process? Do you feel intimidated? Are your dragons arranged artistically or something, and people viewing them with another order will spoil your masterpiece?... seriously, I don't get some people.

Dude, this is a game, snap out of it.

Glad to know I make you laugh and that you enjoy mocking my posts.

Let me ask you this: why should I want anybody checking my scroll for CBs? If I intend to gift someone, I do not need to check their scrolls: I read their posts and, in some cases, I ask if they are interested on a particular egg or hatchling. For "purposes of checking for potential trades"? If there was anything I wanted to trade I would post, if I wanted to offer, I would. The idea of someone checking my scroll so they can PM and ask for something is quite annoying.

What Ruby Eyes said.

Why do other people *need* to know what dragons on my scroll are CB?? They don't! I don't want to get PMs begging me to breed for someone because they found out I have a lot of CBs of a certain species. Why should any random user be able to sort *my* scroll any way they wanted? No. No. No. It's my scroll and I have things sorted the way they are for reasons.

This. And YES I know it wouldn't be permanent and wouldn't lastingly affect me - except that I too have CBs tied up in stuff.

Like others in this thread - I'll TELL people what I have available; I'll keep an eye on the signs and wishes of others, and heck, people will PM me and ask if I have x and y CB and could I please... (including the OP, I have to point out xd.png) I will always respond (if it's polite) and usually be able to help. But I would much rather do it on MY terms than based on what someone has found on my scroll by sorting it while getting ready to beg. Just ASK. I know what I have, and what I will and won't breed for you, OK ?

No support.

I'd like this, at least with how many people tend to say 'happy to breed anything for <x>, look at my scroll to see what I can breed for you'.

Since there seems to be some opposition (which confuses me, since I really don't think this is gong to open some kind of carefully maintained floodgates of PMs, but it appears YMMV, and that's fine), maybe this can be an opt-out feature (like you can opt-out of showing the dragons on your scroll at all)?

I personally would be ecstatic if people could sort my scroll however they wanted. I've gone through a lot of effort to arrange it in a way that's aesthetic to me, personally, but that's just really not useful for most people, and I'd love for people to be able to find whatever they're looking for on my scroll. smile.gif

I see this as being very useful. I often offer to breed my holiday dragons for anyone who asks, and I do usually include "I'll breed him/her to the dragon of your choice." That means they have to sit and contemplate which of my thousand plus dragons are CB and mate-worthy. (Now, usually people already know that they want to pair a Sweetling with a Black, or a Yulebuck with a Vine, but not everyone is that specific.)

Someone looking at my scroll to find out which dragons are CBs does not affect me. At all. Sure, viewbombers may be able to attack my eggs and hatchlings, but the adults have always been completely unaffected by views, clicks, etc.

If you're really worried about some random person finding out that you have a CB gold or whatnot, then you have some pretty big worries and you may want to contemplate hiding all of your adult dragons. This idea make make it easier to see what dragons people may have, but it's not as if they can't already find that out already if they have some patience.

Personally, I'd like the ability to apply *all* of the current temporary sort options to every scroll. That would especially come in handy for various contests where you are asked to keep your scroll sorted a certain way to aid in counting. It doesn't affect how I see my own scroll, so I don't really care if someone else decides to sort my scroll differently.

Only if the scroll owner can disable this for other users.

There is no need to sort my scroll, also my scroll is sorted in a way that all dragons above dragon X belong to my scroll and all the rest do not(ruin its neatness/aesthetics) and if I could I'd hide them from view totally... (it's mostly BSAs and spare CB holidays: Christmas and Valentine's because I never know if I won't need them in the future if I'll need to change some pairing because of the looks of new breeds released or sth but in general I don't want them and would release if it weren't for the fact I wont' be able to get them later unless sth changes, or would need them if they are BSAs)

In case of my scroll it would only make sense to sort by breed because atm I have them sorted depending on which breed I ever caught/got first etc. but when I put the info that I'd breed on request or for trades I have a document in an alphabetical order in which you can use ctrl+F to find a breed.

But well, in case of many scrolls it would be handy both to the scroll owner and people who'd like to make us of some players "I'd breed anything from my scroll".

But this should be optional.

e.g. my bf's scroll is difficult to grasp xd.png and whenever he gets new eggs, things get messier:P he's just not into sorting things manually yet:P

Also, I don't think it would increase 'begging' stuff much... as long as the scroll isn't hidden one can always check through it searching for CBs, prizes etc. especially if the player sorts by breed... It's just it takes more time.

And definitely such option would be handy in the breedign section (to find potential mates easier, at least for CBs needed)

I don't care if people can sort my scroll a different way. But why CB vs Bred? How is that helpful? Breed sort or age sort or something I could understand, but how would this even work? breed with cbs on top of each species? all cb then all bred? what about frozens? How are the bred dragons sorted? All lumped together or 2nd gen, 3rd gen, etc? This sort idea doesn't make sense.

ETA: Why isn't this a duplicate? I see two other topics suggestion for a sort based on generation and a third for being able to use sorting options on other peoples scrolls. Other than this one combines both suggestions, why is it different?

Edited by DragonLady86

I think there are two different suggestions (or at least topics) here. The ability to sort someone elses scroll, and the ability to sort someone else's scroll with CB vs Bred.

The second one I do NOT understand, I see no benefit at ALL except for those people who want to ask someone to breed for them. And that is a big HECK NO because if I start getting random PMs from people wanting me to breed things for them I *will* complain, loudly. Why else would someone need to sort my scroll that way? It makes no sense.

Unless this has an opt-out (or opt-IN), I'm saying no way.

There's at least one reason I can come up with off the top of my head that people might want to separate CB and lineaged dragons that does not involve breeding begging. Some people might enjoy looking through people's scrolls for neat lineages. Not to ask for offspring, but just to enjoy them. The ability to limit their looking to just lineaged dragons would make their scroll browsing more fruitful, and might make such a pastime more popular.

I can see this being useful. And it's not really a sort, more of a view. It doesn't change anything, just allows you to see your CB vs Bred dragons. I don't care one way or the other if others can see which of my dragons are CB or bred with this filter. I feel like a lot of people here are really paranoid.

I can see this being useful. And it's not really a sort, more of a view. It doesn't change anything, just allows you to see your CB vs Bred dragons. I don't care one way or the other if others can see which of my dragons are CB or bred with this filter. I feel like a lot of people here are really paranoid.

We are not paranoid, we are cautious with good reason. There are already TONS of users that get harassed by people wanting them to breed things for them. This already happens. If there was a way for any user to sort any scroll in order to see ALL the CBs easily, I can almost guarantee it would lead to even more harassing. We don't *need* this, and we certainly don't need anything that would give harassers an easier time finding things to demand from us.

There are already TONS of users that get harassed by people wanting them to breed things for them.

Proof/stats that it is tons of users? Because the harassment stories and reports I get are from raffle winners and I personally have only ever been PM'd recently after prizes were given out (can't speak for ruby or _Z_ though). Other than that, the only thing I've been reported in terms of harassment was one person on the forum mention that even after saying they'll breed for free in their profile and posts, they got like no PMs and certainly no consistent harassment. And most forums should have rules against harassment if people are experiencing harassment elsewhere.

I personally think the problem is more that I've seen people saying they don't want to report harassment because they don't want to get people in trouble or they don't want to bother mods. We are here exactly so that you can report things to us.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I don't know about tons, and harassment isn't quite what I was concerned about here; it would be more people asking for things they wouldn't have done before just because they can so easily see them, and you are - more flooded xd.png - with requests to breed things that are already tied up in lineage projects.

But I do have two users here blocked from PMing for what I would call harassment (and there's a third I am considering.) NOT asking for prizes - I only have one 2 gen anyway ! - but for rares and uncommons, just asking over and over and over again even when told I don't breed x y z to order (and when I had agreed to breed one, being PMd over and over again - you haven't bred x in over a week, why haven't you bred my (MY !) dragons yet. After I blocked him, he took to angry emails. All this for a gold....). And the two who are blocked had gone carefully through my scroll and demanded (I do mean demanded) eggs.

No I didn't report; I don't report things I can deal with myself - but several other users here were having issues with him, and we discussed him by PM. So yes, Socky - it may not be tons, but it does happen.

That said, it is the issue of more people finding it much easier to ask for eggs that troubles me, and so many more of us will have to refuse, as we do have other things to do and need the slots ! More and more of us who advertise here that we bred for free will have to stop doing so, so as not to be swamped. And many here don't take kindly to a "no, not that one, sorry."

I also see no need for the CB side of this; the other thread makes more sense, in a way. But it occurs to me - and I shall post there too - what about the facility - when you WANT to show someone something so that they could - say - select a mate for a trade - to OFFER another user the option to sort your scroll to see something - just for this once day, say. With a link like a teleport you could send them, and once activated it could hold for 24 hours.

Edited by fuzzbucket