octopi

Choice OOC

First post and wikia update are now done!

Be sure to tell me if you guys see weird formatting/incomplete sentences/etc

Changes done:

-Added 'Day they woke up' and 'Region' to Character Sheets

-Added [Poké Ball] to the section for shifter's Pokémon

-Relevant Locations is now linked in Setting

-Plot has been updated to accommodate the dream

-Added On Move Learning

-Added On Leveling And Evolution

-New shifters now are unable to have entered the Game before the dream, and must have been awake for less than 4 days. This change does not affect shifters that were already approved, but RPers can modify the amount of time their new characters have been shifters if they want to

-Added Timeline

-Adjusted the level bonus for new characters; instead of 5 for the shifter and 3 for the Pokémon, now it's 6 for the shifter and 5 for the Pokémon

-Added new page to the wikia

All in all, be sure to re-read the first post now that the new info has been added

We did the Timeskip!

*Confetti noises*

Now, everyone, welcome to Chapter 3!

Those who already had characters, please answer the following question:

"If faced with a few random traveling trainers, would your characters fight? Yes or no?"

Characters with a 'yes' answer gain some extra levels. Note that 'characters' refers to both a shifter and their Pokémons, and you can make some fight and others not fight; for example, I'm making Rhapsody sit out of random battles himself but send out his Pokémon to get them to earn experience. So, my answer would be "Rap wouldn't fight. Pooch, Bugface and Tusk would fight."

The amount of bonus levels were decided by roll in the chat, and are as follows:

-Taismog group earns 4 levels

-Lifferoad group earns 2 levels

-Fastfall group ears 6.25 levels

Anyway, like always, if you guys have any questions or anything feel free to ask here or in the chat

Edited by Puredark006

Cass and Allison and Arrow would fight.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

I'm really sorry, everyone, but I think I'll have to drop out. I keep focusing on other things and completely forgetting about this RP, and writing posts has become too difficult. This was really fun, and I hope it goes well for the rest of you! I'd be happy to show up in the chat to discuss what'll happen with Ev, if that'll help. I'm completely fine with her becoming an NPC or someone else taking her over, if that's somehow easier than writing her out of the story. Thanks for this, I'm glad I a part of it for awhile.

I've been working on Emil's post but it's slow going with a full-time job. I want to remind myself, we need to write out battle scenes to gain EXP and scenes where a pokémon is being caught to have them join the team. Correct?

For Gaes and Emil, I can train them, their pokémon, and have them catch a second pokémon each? Or is there a limit to what can be done?

Yup on both of those. And the only limit is the amount of levels you can get per chapter training on your own, which is 12 per character (exp formula we're using is 1 level per pokemon defeated, plus a level for each extra move used. So, you reach the cap by OHKOing 12 pokemon , or by 2HKOing 6 pokemon, for example. And levels don't divide so if you do double or triple battles every participant gets the full amount).

So yeah, you can catch pokemon and train everyone until they reach the cap in the same post ^^

Okay, great. I'll get to finishing my post then in the next couple evenings. I think I'm going to end up putting up one character at a time, if it's alright with you.

No prob! Feel free to edit the other in if no one's answered by the time you finish the other, too

Guys;

Been talking to Zor by PM, and Evelyn's going to stay at Vertia. So, she's not going to go to Taismog with the first group. I'll officially add her to the inactive list now.

Guys;

We've had a pretty long hiatus, so I wanted to know if you're really interested in continuing, seeing as no one has posted in so long. Raptor answered, but no one else has said anything. Like I mentioned in chat, if you don't want to RP anymore you don't have to feel guilty about it, it's been a long time and I get that interests change. Just say so, so we know to not expect a post.

I'll wait until September 5, which is a bit more than a week. Those who haven't posted by then will be considered inactive and we'll move on without them. You can always come back later when you can post and become active again, but I don't want to force those who will post to wait any longer. If no one has posted by then, I'll consider that as no one being able to continue and end the rp.

Sorry that I've been a bad enough GM to let it get to this point.

To be honest, this RP looks interesting. I am not officially playing, but may I reserve Umbreon for making and PMing the form after the activity checks?

I'll post that incomplete Lam post as it is once i get back from the cottage Monday, just to keep it moving a little, and perhaps kickstart Sine's path. Would be a shame to drop this after it's gone on for so long.

I'm still here. I've just been waiting for Mage because I knew she was making a post and I've been hitting a bit of a wall with Kim. I also talked with Raptor but she hasn't given me much about what Chompers was doing to really work with in Emil's post (which was started and then paused when I remembered Sine and Chompers were traveling with him).

o.o Sorry Narvix, I need to get on with that

Ah, sorry friends I'm not really that up for Choice atm. I don't really feel like I contributed much nor do I think I'd have too much fun with posting. Sorry for dropping out, but I figured mentioning such would be helpful.

Took a few liberties in that post; I can edit if necessary, it's just that if I didn't post soon I would've never gotten one out, and I couldn't really think of a reason Z wouldn't be tagging along with Rap or Lam. They're incredibly unobservant when focused on something so Rap could've literally told them he was leaving and they might not have heard it. Or they could've just wandered off on their own when he wasn't looking, who knows.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

Couple of things;

-Talked with Doc, and we decided Jasper found out a Steelix was living in the caves and left the group to fight it. So the only ones from the Vertia group who arrived at Taismog together were Cass, Allie and Anhew.

-To those of you who are leaving spaces to edit with battles later, be sure to tell us when the battles are done so we can add the appropriate levels. I only get notifications of new posts, not edits, so I might miss it otherwise.

-I’ll take the chance to mention that I’m avoiding Gen7 information until I can play the games myself, so please no spoilers.

As always, if you guys need info for your posts don't hesitate to ask

Edited by Puredark006

Already posted in the official chat, but wanted to get it here as well just so it'd be noticed asap. I'm interested in joining, but don't want to read through more than 100 posts just to get up-to-date, so can anyone tell me what (posts I have to read to find out what) I have to know about what's currently going on? It would be much appreciated! smile.gif

Hope it's acceptable I used a Real Life dog's behavior to base Umbreon's off of. I know Umbreon's suposed to be a rabbit, but I think the rest of the Eeveelution look very canine/feline and evoluronarily canones and felines are both part of Carnivora while rabbits are in Glires, so I think of Umbreon as a canine Pokémon of sorts.