octopi

Choice OOC

Since Raptor returned and will be in control of Anhew, Zoey and Chompers again, I've deleted my previous post. Welcome back, Raptor!

Yes.

The timeskip is happening later today (because I'm going to kick PD's ass if it doesn't), so if you guys have anything specific you want to do in the current interactions/during the hour or so while Laren is busy checking his Kabuto, you should probably post soon or come onto chat to discuss the details.

Alright guys, time-skip time!

We're gonna skip 2 hours so Laren can stop being a nerd and remember he needs to go out and give us info. So, we're gonna coordinate either by chat or in here what everyone will do in that time and how the current interactions will go. Note that you're not forced to go to Laren's house, so no need to force your charrie to do something they wouldn't do.

Also, as a sort of apology for not being around too much lately, for only this time you can just say what your charrie has been doing and you'll get the appropriate rewards without having to write it in a post. That means saying they were training will give you levels, saying they went to the forest will give you berries, and saying they went to the digging site will get you items (we'll have to do a roll in chat for that last option to see which items). The only exception is catching a Pokémon; we're still gonna need a post for that.

We're gonna do the timeskip when everyone's answered where their charries would be

A summary of what we decided in chat so far:

- Emil will sit in the gym until Laren comes back.

- Z will eventually calm down, at which point they will head to the gym with Lambert, Rhapsody, and Gaes. Emil will tell them that the gym leader is away, and then Lam will drag everyone else back out for some training while they wait.

- Ev will stand there and stare at the ground for a while and probably go with whatever the rest of her group (Anhew, Jasper/Garrett, Cass) decides.

None of this is for sure decided since we don't have everyone's input yet; if you haven't, please discuss/decide what your characters are going to do during the timeskip.

Okay, everything is more or less sorted out now, so a timeskip post will be up in a bit.

- Zoey will head to the dig site.

- Sine and Chompers will head to the dig site, with Chompers in Pokemon form.

- Allison will tell Lambert about Laren's invitation; Lam will decide he doesn't want to sit around for an hour waiting for him to show up, and goes to the mountains with Z, Rap, and Gaes to train.

- Allie will go back outside and join up with her sister; they and the rest of that group (Ev, Anhew, Jasper/Garrett) will head to Laren's house.

In the dig site,

Sine finds: Light Clay, Revive x2, Insect Plate, Pixie Plate, Dusk Stone

Zoey finds: Nugget, Big Nugget, Leaf Stone, Float Stone, Icy Rock

Chompers finds: Revive, Iron Ball x2, Escape Rope, Float Stone

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

Time-skip post has been added!

The inventory of Chompers, Sine and Zoey will be updated after their posts in case they abandon/sell something

@Raptor: I want to work something out with you since I'm considering having Sine catch a fossil pokemon at the dig site. Meet me on chat?

Please tell me if I got anyone's positions wrong

Anyway, we finally have the three ways to get to the next destination. Sorry if I made Laren talk too much but it's also kind of IC since he's a motor-mouth when he isn't paying attention. All routes are optional, and each has a different plotline attached;

-First road: Chance to do the Taismog storyline.

-Second road: Chance to grow stronger and learn moves.

-Third road: Chance to challenge an extra Gym Leader, participate in a Contest, and purchase almost any item available for sale.

Feel free to pick any!

Note: we'll be accepting again once the rp day ends, and new characters will be able to start in any of these three places.

Note 2: I'll be posting as Laren to answer every question, so don't be afraid to abuse the 4-sentence limit, because I'll be definitely doing that too. Also, since this looks like it might be a dialogue-heavy scene, posts with less than 4 sentences will be accepted too. So don't be afraid of making a short post if there's something your charrie would ask

Edited by Puredark006

Raptor:

The Y Pokedex entry for Amaura is "This calm Pokémon lived in a cold land where there were no violent predators like Tyrantrum." So Chompers couldn't have known of them from before being revived.

If you don't want to retcon, there's always the possibility that he could have seen a herd of Amaura in the facility where he was kept after being revived, but keep in mind he shouldn't know too much about them.

...I have made a mistake. My intention was to get a fossil from Chompers' era; but the retcon to change it to something else might be too confusing?

You two are the only ones who have interacted with Amaura, so if you agree you can modify your posts to change the species. I'll leave it up to you two what you're going to do, but I wouldn't recommend catching a Pokémon you don't want considering the limit on how many you can own

Announcement

So, this came up a really long while ago. But we've finished sorting out the details and finding a place in the story to do it, so it's official now.

After we visit the abandoned building, we'll get to a town. At that point, some legendaries will be available for capture.

The rules for catching a legendary are as follow:

1.- No repeated Legendaries. Taken: Articuno, Raikou, Latios, Keldeo, Meloetta, Diancie.

2.- Only some Legendaries will be able to be caught. The following Legendaries are not going to be available: Mewtwo, Mew, Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Jirachi, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Cresselia, Darkrai, Manaphy, Regigigas, Arceus, Victini, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Hoopa, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Magearna, Marshadow.

3.- Only one Legendary per RPer for their shifter characters, and it cannot be the shiny.

4.- We won't find them at random. To get the Legendary, your character will have to complete a sidequest. This sidequest will either be getting to the Legendary's home, which will be at a hard-to-reach place with obstacles on the way, or meeting the Legendary and solving a problem for them. This sidequests will be planned by both the RPer and the GMs, so you can do the backstory you want while we make sure the difficulty level is adequate.

5.- If you complete the sidequest, either the Legendary will join willingly, or it will battle you. After a good battle, no matter what Poké Ball you throw at it, the capture will be automatic (but remember you'll first need a Poké Ball).

Considering the pace, it'll be a long time until we get to this point, so no need to panic. We have time to come up with the specific sidequests.

This post will be linked in the IC and the first rule updated as more Legendaries are claimed. Note that if you become inactive, your Legendary reservation will expire and it will be up for grabs again.

Edited by Puredark006

Just a head's up: I'll be in China from the 14th to the 28th. I won't be able to post at all on the 17th-21st, and the other times I might be slow and probably won't be on chat much. Nudge me if y'all need anything.

EDIT: dig site loot round 2 for easy access:

Z: star piece, revive x2, water stone, float stone, heat rock

Emil: light clay, dawn stone, revive, escape rope, iron ball

Rhapsody: shiny stone, damp rock, light clay, smooth rock, revive

Lambert: iron ball, revive, escape rope, float stone

Gaes: damp rock, heat rock x2, light clay

Zoey: shiny stone, light clay x2, iron ball

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

Announcement

1. Added a bit to the 'characters' section, since I just realized now this particular thing never came up.

"Both shifters and their Pokémon can learn level-up moves at any time, regardless of their current level."

2. Changed the way levels are gained when going against unimportant NPCs, to make it easier to train. The only one affected is Cassandra, who's now level 52 instead of 51. Also, decided that if all wild Pokémon are low-level, it'd become pretty boring pretty quick. So next time you guys are in a battle against wild Pokémon or an unimportant trainer, feel free to make the opposing Pokémon as strong or weak as you want. Difficult battles will give more levels.

Reminder that unlike the games, levels don't split. If an encounter gives 3 levels and a single shifter participates, they gain 3 levels. If four shifters participate, all four gain 3 levels each.

3. Added how much money everyone has to the 'current items' section of the character sheets

Edited by Puredark006

We're back!

Sorry for the hiatus, everyone. Let's finish the second chapter already~

Doc, we're gonna need a Jasper post to finish the shifter fight.

Narv, anything else to do with Emil?

Pi, Mage, Narv and Raptor: anything else we have to rp in the Clothing Store or in the Pokémon Center? We were talking about Z getting a hat, but we can also coordinate how things would go in chat or here in the OOC. I wanna hear your opinions on this.

Raptor and Zor: anything else you guys wanna do with the Anhew Learning To Walk scene?

Once we finish everything that we need to finish we're gonna do a time-skip. However, I have one last question for everyone:

We agreed that the shifters would have a reunion at night in the Center. With how things have been going, I'm worried that if we get all the characters together things will slow down again. Do you guys want to RP that, or do you want the time-skip to be until the separate groups reach their destinations? In the second option, we'd coordinate what would happen in the reunion before doing the time-skip so everyone is in the same page.

To do:

Rap catching an Axew at night, plus some training

Allie getting an Aerodactyl (quick ball) from Laren in the morning

Sine getting an Omanyte (repeat ball) from Laren in the morning

Chomps catching an Archen

Edited by Puredark006

Quick reminder that when shifters faint in battle, they revert to human form. It's not in the first post, but we've talked about it extensively and can't retcon it out now.

I could have sworn I mentioned Jasper turning back into a human. Double-checked and it seems that I didn't. That's gone and been fixed.

Night 9

Small note: you guys with characters that went to the digging site, remember to tell us if they ended up selling any of the items they found. Especially those of us with characters that don't have bags

All shifters will see and hear the same scene. Even Anhew, who is blind, would see the woman clearly. The voice the shifters heard reciting the rules to them can be the same as the woman’s voice or it can be different, depending on the character (for example, Rhapsody heard the rules recited by a different voice, while another shifter might have heard the woman’s voice when they first heard the rules). You guys can pick the memory your character receives, but it must follow one rule: it mustn’t be a good hint of what their wish was. Besides this rule, you can make it as life-changing or mundane as you want.

Besides the memory recovered, there's also another perk: shifters now have 7 move slots instead of 6. They won't be waking up with an extra move though; this just means that the next time a shifter learns a move, they won't forget one of the six they knew before. If they try to learn an eighth move it will overwrite one of the old ones.

We will now proceed to the morning of the next day. We only really need Allison and Sine since they're the ones receiving Pokémon from Laren, but you guys can post too if you want to do anything before leaving Vertia. Once Allison and Sine have received their Pokémon, we'll do another time-skip to the groups' various destinations.

Spots will open now to allow new shifters to join. Be sure to read the new rules in the first post. Just in case, this was the info added:

'Plot': On the night of the ninth day since the Game started, you went to sleep and had a dream about a woman talking to you. Details can be found here - all shifters saw the same scene

'Character sheet': New characters must have woken up as a shifter before Day 9

'Character sheet': New characters can pick between one of these three bonuses

-They can start with one more Pokémon

-They can start with 5 more levels, and their Pokémon with 3 more (if the shifter has one

-They can start with 7 moves instead of 6

Edited by Puredark006

Puredark, I read that you were accepting new characters for this rp, and I was thinking about joining. I'm trying to fill out 3 forms, but then I got distractions (little sis). So, just to make sure, when will you stop accepting characters?

Puredark, I read that you were accepting new characters for this rp, and I was thinking about joining. I'm trying to fill out 3 forms, but then I got distractions (little sis). So, just to make sure, when will you stop accepting characters?

I can ask her, but I think we will stop as soon as everyone gathers at the next major city. Make sure you can handle 3 characters at once. If you can't I would defiantly recommend starting out with one character so you can get a feel of how you write (unless of course, you love to write) but I can see you are new to this so I'm not going to discourage you on making three characters

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

We're going to stop accepting when important plot things start happening again so there's no set date; considering the slow pace of the rp it'll probably be months before that point. No rush.

(Also have yet another reminder to new people that we have a chat and use it extensively; come hang out and discuss your characters)

You can find the chat Here

We will answer your questions there

Edited by Raptor of Dragons