octopi

Choice OOC

Okay, since work has kept me away from the library I won't have be able to get my post until tomorrow. I am so sorry if I have to make people wait happy.gif' also, I need DoctorTear to post with Garrett and Jasper before I can have a proper post with Anhew. Zoey and Chompers posts I'll hand tomorrow

Depending on how it goes down, Sine might need to break up the fight with a Whirlwind.

Compared to Garchomp and Tyrantrum, Sigilyph's a smaller bird than I thought, lol. Without counting the wings and tail, it's barely as tall as Farfetch'd. But if the pokedex height excludes the tail (measuring only body, feet, and head), then Sigilyph's sprite height is effectively doubled, rendering it as tall as Tyrantrum.

The dex is weird, yo.

xd.png that is hilarious, but yeah, I'll read it properly tomorrow and post accordingly, I'm on my phone at work.

Thanks, Nar!

And, yeah, the Dex IS weird. Between the anime and the dex it's enough to confuse me about Pokemon forever.

Btw, TUM, Raptor, I think we should discuss the outcome of the battle first, so we don't get confused. Breaking it up with whirlwind sounds fun. It will definitely piss Nero off.

Okay, but the reason why I have Chompers annoyed is because he's used to defending himself, but doesn't know why

Also, trying to see a small little Pokémon using whirlwind to use calm a giant dinosaur seems interesting xd.png

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

PD's going to bring in the Fossil Maniac next post, so I don't think anyone's getting Whirlwinded yet.

What's coming may be much worse.

Do you know if Doctor has a post coming? If not, then I don't know how to address Anhew when the time comes

Yeah I'm working on a post. I just needed to finish some personal work first. I actually don't see why Anhew needs them since we moved to the pokemon center but I'm going to post nevertheless.

We do most of our planning on chat so if you can, you should stop by once in a while. Doc already said she was going to post there.

Um, so, who will win the battle? Chompers or Nero? Or will they just blown away by Sine's whirlwind? Or does the fight get broken up by someone else?

Edited by SoiledLove

It depends. Both are pretty equal in strength and type.

I'd say if a fight really breaks out, Chompers would have the advantage. Nero is faster and as a regular Pokémon would win, but as a human he wouldn't be accustomed to using and receiving moves, while Chompers was a wild Pokémon and is used to having to fight others. Then again, Nero has Killa as support, while Dunsparce isn't counted as Chomper's Pokémon yet so it'd be weaker than Killa.

Laren wouldn't interrupt the fight, but Sine might do something, so this could go any way.

Time to tip the scales with a little bunny of anger. This probably complicated the situation more than it helped it but hey, we're all talking over chat so we should be fine.

By the way, Garrett would be more than willing to talk to Anhew or Ev if they wanted to speak to her. She hasn't followed Jasper just yet.

Actually, Nero is used to fighting, just not as a Pokemon. So, yeah, Nero would probably lose. He would try to grab something or kick something reflexively, then realize he technically has no hands/a different body type and trip or something. And then he would sulk after Killa/the nurse heals him and swear up and down that he's never fighting another shifter in Pokemon form. (But definitely in human form)

OH! Please have the bunny beat up Nero! (Why am I so mean to him?)

Edited by SoiledLove

Sine is likely to side with Chompers if she does shift -- though not very likely since Laren's in the way. Unless she distracts him with a "quick, look behind you there's an archeops"

Though, she'd be beaten by Jasper through sheer experience and get slam-dunked through the wall.

The only reason why I asked if you had a post coming Doc was because she was directly addressing Garrett, so sorry for the confusing. I will be working on a major post since I have no clue on when I'll be at the library next.

I do love Sine's response on how she found Chompers in a dump.

Announcement

We have a Wikia now! It's got a bunch of extra info so be sure to give it a read when you have time. Don't forget to add to your character's page whatever extra info you want to share~

And remember, RPers are not allowed to edit the character pages of other RPers. Now, have fun!

Just a head's up, I'll be withholding a post for Jasper, and to an extent, Garrett, until the rest of the shifters react. That includes Chompers's and Nero's reaction to the situation.

SL, couple of pointers;

-Nero doesn't have any memories, so he can't remember he was a member in an organization before (since you wrote "They sounded as interesting as his previous organization")

-Sigilyph isn't a Pokémon native to Almia, so Nero shouldn't be able to easily recognize that a trainer was dressed as one. Some exceptions are made since there could have been travelling trainers using Pokémon not native to the regions the characters know, but try not to have him recognize every Pokémon he comes across (here's the Almia pokedex btw).

-Remember that this is Pokémon, 90% of all the characters are flashy as heck and look like they're cosplaying something, hence why absolutely no one is raising an eyebrow at the clothes the shifters are wearing. Nero should know that clothes aren't a good way of recognizing fellow players unless they look like a Pokémon he knows.

Oh, and got your sheet, but can't revise it until I get home since the internet here doesn't let me check all the links I need, sorry abut that

Oh right, will edit right away. I knew there was something wrong with it...

EDITED! Man, I am bad this no memory thing.

Edited by SoiledLove

Announcement

New rule has been added: "Maximum 4 shifters per RPer."

Also, we're not accepting any more characters until the Vertia storyline is completed. Spots will open again after that.

Announcement

SoiledLove PMed saying that RL has become too busy, so Lacie and Nero will be considered inactive. Shedinja will still be reserved in case she comes back, but Alex will be inactive too.

We'll assume Kit saw something and ran off, and Lacie ran after him. They then got lost since Vertia can be tricky to navigate near the mountain.

For Nero, we'll assume that after hearing the information about Helix he'd go 'look for Garchomp' as part of his human cover.

We might be doing a time-skip soon to get Laren to give us the maps with the Helix building, so here's some stuff characters can do while in Vertia:

-Go train or catch Pokémon. There's the forest, the mountain, and the caves in the mountain. Any Pokémon that can be found in the games in or near those places is fair game - also, there are wild Fossil Pokémon around. Remember, levels will only be counted if you write the battle, and each Pokémon defeated grants 1 level to everyone who participated in the battle. The maximum levels you can gain this way while in Vertia is 12. If you're going to catch a Pokémon, remember that since this is the start of the story you can only catch ones that haven't evolved.

-Go look for berries in the forest. The ones that can be found are Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Aspear, and Oran. You can grab as many as you can carry (remember you won't be able to carry many without a bag).

-Explore the digging site. The wild Pokémon here are those found in caves and some Fossil Pokémon. While you won't be able to find actual fossils since Laren's team already dug them all in that area, there's a chance of finding items (you'll have to come to the chat so we can do a roll on which items).