The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2016

Truth is, we had a LOT of donations this year. Not all of mine were chosen either, and I only offered neat/clean lineages this year. Which is a good thing! It's awesome that the contest has become a thing where everyone can get a Holly for their work, and it's just a matter of when you get to take your turn choosing. That's a really nice change from when Hollies were so rare back in the day.

Speaking of which, I bred all my remaining Hollies into the AP yesterday. Good luck to anyone who goes hunting for them. smile.gif

I will be breeding Ilex Opaca Aurea for myself next year, but of my other Hollies, which would people like to see donated again for next year's contest? I'm happy to include Hatsuyuki Thuwed again if people want, and will do my best to get a G3 Winter from Holly checker this year so we can have a nice G4 checker next year.

I also picked up a G3 Holly from Gold checker this year, the magnificent All Ye Faithful: https://dragcave.net/lineage/Scxb2

Of course, I probably won't be able to find an unrelated G3 Gold F x Holly M checker by next Christmas, but I'll do my best. Either way, I'll definitely be donating All Ye Faithful's first egg to celebrate his arrival on my scroll.

I also got ahold of a G3 Holly stair with White, but since I'm not overly fond of Holly x White I'm trying to trade it for a different Holly G3 right now. Will see what happens with that one.

Another one I'll definitely be donating is the offspring of my prize from this year! Nyx of Christmas Eve is so pretty, and I want to continue the Holly x Green Copper spiral. It's one of the most appealing Holly spirals I've ever seen, the way the copper sprite changes, and how the colors interact.

Is there any interest in a G5 Holly x Frill stair? I caught a G4 in the AP. Also a nice altkin G5 evengen.

Also considering offering offspring from my first Graveyard Holly clutches if there's interest in them. I have four Graveyard Holly "G1s" now, three female and one male. I'll be making various mates for them over the course of the next year, including prizes. You could even potentially ask for my male to be bred to one of my females and get a deadlined 'purebred' Holly. Not as good as a real G2 Holly, but not bad, IMO. Still, if people aren't interested, I'll offer 'natural' clean lines instead. smile.gif Just let me know, everyone! Probably best to PM me your preferences so as not to clutter the thread. Thank you for your input!

Example of a Graveyard "G2". This is the kind of dragon you'd get as your prize if I were to offer these (although it would not necessarily have to have this exact lineage - I'll be making lots of different mates.)

https://dragcave.net/lineage/gZgAZ

Edited by Lurhstaap

Truth is, we had a LOT of donations this year. Not all of mine were chosen either, and I only offered neat/clean lineages this year. Which is a good thing! It's awesome that the contest has become a thing where everyone can get a Holly for their work, and it's just a matter of when you get to take your turn choosing. That's a really nice change from when Hollies were so rare back in the day.

I couldn't agree more! This was a wonderful year for everyone involved biggrin.gif

I can't wait to see which dragon is selected for 2017!

Hey guys! I know probably not many of you are looking in the thread anymore, but I'm interested in ideas for what dragon we should choose next year. Even if you're not participating or planning to or anything, suggestions are welcome smile.gif

Also interested in people's ideas on a poll vs no poll for the choosing.

Main pro for a poll: You get a little say in what dragon you want

Main pro for no poll: We can start the competition as soon as the new year starts smile.gif

Awkward moment when you look in the AP for ideas and there's heaps of storms tongue.gif

Greater Spotted Drake and no poll. Storms was not a good choice, nobody wants to hoard a cave blocker that comes from a non-standard breeding group... dry.gif

Hey guys! I'm really sorry I couldn't leave this up for longer, but I want to get stuff done and I'm going out tonight so it has to be now.

I'm putting the poll up soon, and as well as the poll I will announce the changes we want to impliment in the new year so we can get some feedback on them.

~AppleMango