The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2016

Hey, hunters! Bred about a dozen storms to the AP at midnight today. Look for them in a few days. =)

It's gotten better since they were given out as HM prizes in past raffles to the point where I've seen people say it's not too hard to catch a holly in the AP as long as you don't care about lineage. I've yet to catch a holly myself, though (my memory is a little fuzzy - I might have caught ONE messy I threw back). I did finally see a handful last year and the year before, but not much luck catching.

Let me put it this way - last year I THREW BACK a LOT of Hollies for being messy. I was catching and sifting them like any other breed. But I'm a pretty quick clicker. Still, if you don't mind messy, Holly can be considered uncommon now IMO. This year I expect them to drop much like Caligenes did this past Halloween - not constantly, you'll have to watch for them, but there will be plenty and you can lock yourself on them with only moderate effort.

Bumping this back to the top. What day will Storm Dragon counting begin?

Probably the 2nd since the last day they can be grown up or frozen on is the 1st

Eh. Not really? I see CB grays all the time? They do get picked up sooner than they used to though so they don't count as blockers right now, which is good enough.

My final total is 334. My Storms are on page 2 of my scroll, right under the mass of Manas and a few Caiegenes.

Edited by topaz08

Ack! I heard about Storm collections and Ive been steadily collecting but I had forgotten to put a post here! Scroll name is https://dragcave.net/user/Romulan

Prior to 2016 I had 7 adult storms and 1 frozen 1st stage hatchling.

Hurricane's Herald,Tornado Tango,Curled Critter,(jCn6y),(hi6Fy),(zoGaB),(u7Yn0),(nvrdq)

My scroll is organized by Breed though by default eggs and unfrozen hatchlings are at the top of the scroll.

Since 2016 started (not including the ones from the previous years), I have 46 adults, and 1 frozen 2nd stage female hatchling, and Ive got 3 new hatchlings that I am really hoping finish growing up before midnight of Dec 01.

Entering, please.

Scroll: PiccoloRose

My dragons are on pages 6 and 7 of my scroll (250 view - legacy breed sort) and are clearly labeled and numbered for the contest, under my older fog dragons. They start with "2016 Contest A - 3eg x Ch - 1" and end with "2016 Contest H - 209"

Thank you!! smile.gif

https://dragcave.net/user/n/PiccoloRose/6

https://dragcave.net/user/n/PiccoloRose/7

Edited by PiccoloRose

All done here. Please update total when ready.

Thanks again for another Holly Contest, had a great time.

Oh my God, it's time to count them all, isn't it? Eek. I missed a few months of gameplay so I have fewer than I ought, but here goes. May get a few more frozen hatchies done before the deadline, but I doubt it, what with the new release, so I'm just gonna go ahead and count 'em up.

Total: 120

Dang. That's kind of a disappointment. I intended to do better than that, especially with a species I like so much. Alas!

my storms are at the back of my scroll with the last name Hollywish

my total (by my count) is 546

I cannot believe that it's already December. This is my very first contest hoarding rodeo, so I'm quite pleased to announce that my final count comes to an even 170. smile.gif

Well, that's a wrap! My final count came out to 247 this year - so better than last year, but nowhere near as good as the year before. Oh, well; at least I beat my 2015 record! biggrin.gif

All my Storms for the contest are on the last page(s) of my scroll.

Oh my, I have only 93 (table is updated) - I was lazy this year laugh.gif Also easily distractable by breeding projects of all sorts.

I wound up with 88 by my count, and I'm rather proud of myself, considering I didn't join this until about September or so.

Updating my final total : 67 tongue.gif

My 2016's storms on the last page of my scroll, my scroll should be visible now.

Final count is 580; I just have a few that still need to be named. Was hoping for more, but that's more than last year, so that's great!

My final count is 210 (working on naming them then will try to update my google doc however school is kinda hectic so might not get to that) I forgot that the contest ended on dec1 so I just won't name the ones by my contest name which i recently caught I don't wanna abandon them

Edited by Zerhai

Holly Contest has ended

Thank you everyone for being a part of this and so sorry for the lateness regarding the updates; real life got in the way, but everything should be updated and replied to in the few upcoming days.

Also a huge thank you to those who actually created spreadsheets or made any kind of indicator for easier checking of the Storms ☺

The last day of valid grown up/frozen Storms was 1st of December so make sure you didn't count or include any from that date on.

Because if we find any Storms that were not caught in 2016 by 1st of December you will be added on the

~ consider yourself warned laugh.gif

Thread will be updated shortly ☺

~WG

Updating my total to 194!

Unfortunately, this is my final count xPPP

Also, are you still accepting donations for prizes?

Found one adult that grow up a little bit too slow. mad.gif She is now moved to an other place on my scroll, so all my Storms at the end of my scroll after my Dinos are valid. But i did not count my Storms myself. Will do that later. tongue.gif

Edited by Tigerkralle