The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2016

I'm about 99% sure I didn't count any pre-2016 Storms, and because of the new release I haven't raised one since the first of the month, so my count of 120 should be solid, FWIW? I apologize if I messed up tho'!

BTW, just to warn people, my checker Hollies do not have perfectly matched mates yet. sad.gif But their offspring will be nice, neat evengens, at least.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Sorry for the slowness of this comment, but I've been a bit busy at work recently.

I can't count my Hollies until Monday (my next day off), but I promise I will do it then. Is that okay?

☻ All Storms have been counted and final totals will be listed in order soon ☻

As expected not everyone has sorted their eligible Storms accordingly ~ not in one place, not named as claimed, under or above older Storms, with sneaky frozen hatchies of other breeds in-between them, scattered, scrolls with no breed sorts ~~~

But everything should be final now unless my eagle eyes missed some very sneaky ones ninja.gifZanta Claws is watching you you naughty naughty people.

Disqualified player/s:

mira15 with 0 Storms collected in 2016

Players with hidden/unsorted scrolls had the Google Docs totals added/ or have been PMed to reveal their totals in next 2 days before being disqualified!

Some more donations have been added on the list so start making a list of possible Hollies you aim for as a reward ☺

Congratulation Mycatranch & owned by toys!!! You both collected over 1000 Storms this year biggrin.gif

Players that are tied:

spring_dragon & dragonridereuouae: 76

Romulan & Skadi: 52

PaintdGryphon & raika_o: 43

shadowfighter & fallenleaves101: 21

circeramone & Firedda: 19

nxtashaxt & Shadowflame: 17

CafeNaRigara & ranger lucy & Myexternalist: 14

RainStar13 & iSammiSam & osean: 7

ForNarniaMC & Beldarius: 1

All that are tied PM WoLfgIrLyS with a random number from 1-number of your collected Storms. Those who are tied for a place below 10 storms pick a number from 1-10.

Then I will random.org and who picked the closest number goes first ~ second ~ third. If I don't get your PMs in the next 2 days I will PM you then and you will have 1 more day to reply otherwise you'll be marked inactive ohmy.gif

In the next 2-3 days everything should be settled and PMs will be sent out then ~ make sure you're active these days and have space in your inboxes ☻

Stay tuned ☺

~WG

Edited by The Holly Contest

To whom it may concern, re:the choosing of possible prizes:

In general, there will be NO messy babies offered as prizes this year by me. Mates may or may not be perfect matches, but I have done my best to find attractive pairings for all of them (and I simply did not offer my messiest Hollies this year, only the ones that can be bred to some kind of reasonable pattern, even if a slightly unusual one in some cases.)

I have a decent mate for Snowbough this year! It's a G5 White from Yulebuck, so not a perfect match, but at least it's a perfect White checker otherwise, so the result will be a G6 evengen Holly with White checked with Holly and Yulebuck in the pattern.

Have not decided how my other checker/EG Hollies will be bred yet, but they'll all be crossed to equally pretty checkers/EGs. I am willing to take mate requests for the really nice ones like Hatsuyuki Thuwed IF you get to me before December 25th - by then I will have to simply do my best to breed pretties and hold them until I know to whom they belong!

Also, I REALLY wish I had two CB male Golds. xd.png Ah, well - this year, no G2 Holidays from male Gold for me, instead a baby from Ilex Opaca Aurea for one of you lucky people! This is probably my most valuable Holly, except for Hatsuyuki Thuwed maybe, so whomever gets this baby should treasure it!

Unless otherwise noted/informed, I intend to breed all prize Hollies on the 25th. If I know to whom a given prize Holly is to go sooner than that, I can certainly breed sooner - if you choose one of mine, just let me know when you want me to breed it! Otherwise I breed as late as possible to give the contest as much time as possible to get things arranged. smile.gif

Edited by Lurhstaap

Hi smile.gif

Just so you know a couple of the links in the first post aren't working for Lagie's dragons.

Also wondering if the first x amount of people are getting bonus prizes like happened last year? smile.gif (Just curious, I am happy either way smile.gif)

Hi Everyone!

Since all the other mods are very busy at the moment, I have been chosen to help out. smile.gif

Since WoLfgIrLyS didn't recieve any PMs about the tie breakers, I'm going to assign a number to you, based on the first letter of your username in the alphabet (a=1, b=2 etc.) and then used a random number generator (closest number wins) to decide who won the tie.

After I do this and update the post with the new rankings, I will begin sending PMs to sort out the prizes. Please make sure you reply to these ASAP so that the process of sending out the hollies can go as smoothly as possible.

Since there are more prizes than participants, everyone who collected at least one storm will be getting a prize. smile.gif

Thanks,

AppleMango

Edit:

PMs have been sent to the first 13 people, and Dilys. ~X~ your inbox is full, so the message hasn't been sent. Please PM us letting us know which Holly you would like an offspring from. (at least 14 would be very helpful.)

Everyone else, PMs should be sent out soon! smile.gif It's easier to go through the list in batches so you have a shorter list to make. smile.gif

Hi everyone.

I've just sent out the second round of messages.

I'm sorry I haven't updated the post of claimed hollies very much, I'm waiting on people to reply. (Thanks to those that have replied already smile.gif) So I'm sorry that your lists might have to be a bit long, but I'm just trying to get this all done as smoothly as possible while also leaving enough time for people to reply to messages and also talk with their donator about a good time to deliver the prize.

People up to and including Albudo have been messaged now, unless their messages were full.

Even if you haven't been messaged yet, please take the time to have a look at the hollies and decide which ones you like so that you can reply quickly when it's your turn.

Thank you

AppleMango

Hi everyone! smile.gif

I've just updated the post with a bunch of people's choices, and also sent out the third round of messages. smile.gif

Everyone up to circeramone has been messaged now.

Everyone else should be messaged sometime in the next 24 hours. Please take time now to look at your favourite hollies. smile.gif

Thank you to everyone who has replied whose choices I haven't been able to update yet. smile.gif I will do the next update in about 11 hours from the time of this post if I'm able. (I have a busy day tomorrow)

I'm about to message the people whose hollies have been chosen so far to let them know who has chosen their holly. smile.gif Then I'm going to bed tongue.gif

Thanks

AppleMango

Edit: All done for tonight smile.gif

*peeks at the list of prizes* *GASP* I got my first pick this year!! OMG YAAAAY! That is SUCH a gorgeous lineage! Thank you so much for offering that! (With that said, I was really happy to see Umbral Yule - I'm starting some deadline Hollies this year myself!)

Edited by Lurhstaap

Hi everyone! smile.gif

I've just sent out the last round of messages. The deadline for the third round is about 12 hours from the time of this post, so make sure you get your messages in smile.gif

Please also make sure you send enough choices! If you are only interested in a limited amount of hollies, please specify at the end of your list "no prize" or "alternate prize"

If you're worried you haven't sent in enough choices, please send more to me on my account AppleMango.

I'm sorry that I couldn't update the first post anymore this time, as I had no new messages. The next update will happen 12 hours-ish after this post. (Or as soon as I wake up, which may be a little later.)

After this, the next update will happen right as the breeding starts. Then I will message everyone that hasn't replied yet and let them know they have four more days to reply or they will forfeit their prize.

After the four days have passed, I will message all breeders with unclaimed hollies that the sorting and claiming of the hollies has finished, and unless they have a PM saying that someone has chosen their prize, they are free to do with the offspring as they wish.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Preferably PM me at AppleMango, to make sure I read it faster smile.gif Also, please do not ask questions in your PM with your holly choices! There is a chance I will not open your message until I am ready to see your preferences, meaning there is no time for me to answer the question or for you to respond.

Thank you

AppleMango

Hey everyone! smile.gif

I just updated the thread, and now I'm going to message those whose hollies were chosen in this update.

After this, the next update will be when the breeding starts.

~AppleMango

Hey guys.

The updates have been done now. All new choices will now be updated by whoever's came in first each time I check.

All hollies of mine that have been chosen up to this point have been bred and PMs have been sent off. The eggs have either been collected or are awaiting collection.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Both the winners who chose my Hollies offspring have received their eggs. smile.gif Congrats to all the participants and I wish you all a Merry Christmas.

I appear to have picked a Holly owned by someone who was last active in October. At least that means I can use my 7th eggslot.

I appear to have picked a Holly owned by someone who was last active in October. At least that means I can use my 7th eggslot.

If there's any left that you like you can swap to that one instead.

I still have pretties left unbred if you'd like one of mine? smile.gif

Mycatranch has yet to decide on a mate for Hatsuyuki Thuwed, but I THINK all of my others have been bred and received. Will double-check, but pretty sure everyone else has theirs from me.

EDIT: Yep, I've gotten everyone except Hatsuyuki Thuwed, pending mate choice, and Ride the Wave of Joy, who is to be bred on the 24th by request. So I'm essentially caught up. Thanks to everyone for a great game this year! Storms really did disappear from the AP and become noticeably more valuable, and the business of getting prizes done went very smoothly and quickly this time. Looking forward to next year!

Edited by Lurhstaap

Thanks Dream Thief for my lovely Holly smile.gif

Indeed that contest business looked quite smoothly - well done!

Hey everyone! smile.gif

I just messaged everyone that hasn't replied yet asking for their preferences. They have 2 days left, and then I will message all the breeders with hollies still left over and let them know that no more hollies will be chosen.

Thanks,

AppleMango smile.gif

I sent the Holly Prize requested from my pairing, and the recipient accepted <3

Just bred and sent a transfer link for Ride the Wave of Joy's egg. About to breed for Mycatranch and then will be all caught up!

EDIT: One or two of mine ended up unclaimed. If anyone reading this wants one or both - even if you got another prize - PM me!

Edited by Lurhstaap

Hey, congratulations to all the winners. It's good to see the contest doing well, even though my Holly wasn't chosen. Happy holidays everyone! smile.gif