Natayah

What do You Do when DC is Not Available To You

So... I'm not talking about what do you do outside of DC... People have lives, have jobs, etc. etc. And site downtimes usually mean upgrades and stuff so they can be good things. But this is your "DC Time" and you are ready to rock the caves and dragons... and your internet is acting up, or the site is having issues, or its a scheduled down time or... your computer explodes, what do you do during those times?

Any other favorite way to pass the time when you are in DC mode and can't be on DC? Obviously if I'm having issues with the Cave, or Issues with the Forums, I just do the other one. Or I might go to IRC. But if all the Options go away.... Usually I just go watch various TV shows or movies. When I was a bit younger, I would yell at my computer or my compulsively refresh or attempt to reconnect to things... But I'm a little beyond that these days. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

Sometimes I grumble to myself and try to tell myself I really should find a "better" hobby than a dragon pixel game or go do something that is more productive to my life and the world and whatnot.

What do you do when you can't get your DC Fix?

(Searched Around, and couldn't find any other discussion threads on this topic.)

I play Fallen London and watch Youtube videos. Alternatively I'll play something on my 3DS, though that's not usually in my DC time slot.

I watch old VHS movies on my (STILL working 8D) VCR in my room. I also draw, read books, daydream, look up other things online (depending on internet), read funny old and saved things on the computer, and work on my novels on my Word document. smile.gif

At the time of the scheduled downtime, I'll first be on the road on my way to work, and then in an office meeting ... I'd rather do SOMETHING ELSE! *argh!*

At this moment - spackle. And I need to go do that anyway xd.png

Play Oblivion....or Banished.....or read. cool.gif

Play Minecraft, do my homework, read, listen to music, or, best of all...

Nap. <3

Yes! Naps ftw!

Play other games, read, work on midterms.. Really anything, honestly, as I still have a 'life' outside of DC.

Play World of Warcraft or do homework. Today I'm off school, so playing WoW in between checking on DC.

It's supposed to happen at 1 AM for me, so I should be asleep unless I suddenly get wired late in the evening. In which case, I'll watch TV instead. tongue.gif

It's supposed to happen at 1 AM for me, so I should be asleep unless I suddenly get wired late in the evening. In which case, I'll watch TV instead. tongue.gif

This is totally off topic, but I just have to say your scroll made me drool. So...many...Xenos!

Congratulations on the awesome haul! laugh.gif

And since the downtime is happening on Tuesday, which I just noticed, I would probably watch TV since WoW is ALSO down on Tuesdays. Luckily, it'll all be over when I get home from school.

I do household chores when DC is down or I might run some errands depending on the temp outside. When the windchill is -30 Fahrenheit or colder I opt to stay in the house and maybe nap or watch some telly in between chores.