SwordofStars

Funny Eggs in the Cave

This delicately patterned egg is sitting in the sunshine near a This metallic egg shows faint iridescence in moonlight with a This egg is surrounded by fog in between the two...

Come on weather make up your mind!!!

(#BipolarDesertWeather)

As a My Little Pony fan, I will say that it's Discord weather. Both night AND day. laugh.gif

A weird one that I've been pondering for a bit... "This egg is heavier than you expect" and the line in the AP "Once an egg has been touched by a human, the human's scent rubs off onto the egg. The mother dragon then will reject the egg and no longer be able to tell that it is her own."

How do you know it's heavier than you thought if you didn't pick it up!?

[snip]

A weird one that I've been pondering for a bit... "This egg is heavier than you expect" and the line in the AP "Once an egg has been touched by a human, the human's scent rubs off onto the egg. The mother dragon then will reject the egg and no longer be able to tell that it is her own."

How do you know it's heavier than you thought if you didn't pick it up!?

Oh my that IS strange. blink.gif

user posted image

Yes weather, make up yo damn mind xd.png

Well.. considering that there are two moons of Valkemare.. and that the moon can shine in the daytime.. its not THAT impossible. Perhaps the sun is on the horizon, and the two moons are next to each other on the other horizon. The fog is blocking the moonlight from the Sun egg and the sunlight from the Moon egg. If the larger moon is about the same size as our moon, and it has a slightly smaller moon also next to it, and they happen to be both close to full (a full moon doesn't show during the daytime, if you look up the moon cycle it makes sense) then it would cast enough moonlight to make a reflective or transparent surface to show "iridescence."

Wow. I just went What If on a dragon website. LIFE COMPLEEEETE

xd.png

Pillow egg in the Alpine right now..."This egg has a velvety texture"...once again, what?

Do we players go around fondling eggs in the cave so much that we know exactly what the texture is? Are pillows and Nilia pygmies doomed to be abandoned due to so much groping? laugh.gif

"This egg reminds you of the sea"

mad.gif DON'T TELL ME WHAT AN EGG DOES AND DOES NOT REMIND ME OF. YOU DON'T KNOW ME!

(Literally me every time I see those eggs. How do I know what it reminds me of if I can't see it? What if it reminds me of like.... that one time my cat ate the neighbor's gerbil?)

"This egg shakes from time to time, as if it is eager to hatch."

*egg takes 5 days to hatch* So eager.

mad.gif DON'T TELL ME WHAT AN EGG DOES AND DOES NOT REMIND ME OF. YOU DON'T KNOW ME!

(Literally me every time I see those eggs. How do I know what it reminds me of if I can't see it? What if it reminds me of like.... that one time my cat ate the neighbor's gerbil?)

Oh my! Thank you for that laugh xd.pnglaugh.giftongue.gif

Ugh, yes. If Whiptails were REALLY eager to hatch, they'd at least take one day less than every other dragon. They'd also be more popular due to faster hatching time.

Hmm. That needs to be a suggestion! It would make Whiptails a lot more popular.

"This egg feels like polished stone"...three pyralspites in the Volcano a few minutes ago...and once again, why are we feeling these eggs?

I'd also like to mention Swallowtails. How do you know that the shells are thin? Did you just take it and rip open the shell? Also, these poor dragons are doomed to be abandoned. You probably need to touch em to know how thin the shells are.

I'd also like to mention Swallowtails. How do you know that the shells are thin? Did you just take it and rip open the shell? Also, these poor dragons are doomed to be abandoned. You probably need to touch em to know how thin the shells are.

Exactly what I've been saying! I understand the "almost too hot to touch" ones...you could just hold your hands over it...but the ones that explicitly say you "felt" the egg...just what?

Also, saw another Guardian protecting a Mint in the Volcano. If I weren't egg locked, I really would take them both and make them a pair. So cute! The Guardian protecting the shy little Mint!

There's also the Glaucus Drake "This striped egg feels moist.".

Oh and the Vine egg says there is no sun in the cave even though a bunch of the others say there is.

There's also the Glaucus Drake "This striped egg feels moist.".

Oh and the Vine egg says there is no sun in the cave even though a bunch of the others say there is.

"This egg is glowing as bright as the sun"

"This egg is sitting in a patch of flowers, even though there is no sunlight in the cave."

Seems legit.

This egg makes you feel uneasy.

ONCE AGAIN... DO NOT TELL ME HOW I FEEL.

"This egg can’t seem to make up its mind on what color it is."

Eggs have minds? ohmy.gif

"This egg is so shiny it makes you want to take it."

Proof that eggs are able to hypnotise and manipulate us which into taking them which is pretty weird, if you think about it. its probably why i'm addicted to this game

"This egg is so shiny it makes you want to take it."

Proof that eggs are able to hypnotise and manipulate us which into taking them which is pretty weird, if you think about it. its probably why i'm addicted to this game

On the subject of Valentine's eggs "This egg is speckled and very fragile."

How do you know it's fragile if you didn't pick it up? How did you find out it's fragile without breaking it? Or did you break one before you saw that one?

On the subject of Valentine's eggs "This egg is speckled and very fragile."

How do you know it's fragile if you didn't pick it up? How did you find out it's fragile without breaking it? Or did you break one before you saw that one?

All I can think of is 09' egg coming with a 'Handle with Care' sticker on it in a box filled with styrofoam. xd.png

"This egg has a holly leaf stuck to it." - I'm still wondering how that holly leaf gets there. Is it somehow always there after birth or does some sort of pygmy dragon come round and stick them on?

Edited by lovecats99

"This egg is glowing as bright as the sun"

"This egg is sitting in a patch of flowers, even though there is no sunlight in the cave."

Seems legit.

About that glowing egg.

How are we not blind? There is a reason why you don't look at directly at a solar eclipse and why your eyes dance around the sun when trying to look at it. Our retinas should be broiling.

"This egg has strange markings on it"

*hear the sass* Excuse you. I think those markings are quite usual. *hmph!*

xd.png

Or how are we supposed to tell if an egg is glowing if it is the middle of the day??

"This egg has strange markings on it"

*hear the sass* Excuse you. I think those markings are quite usual. *hmph!*

xd.png

Or how are we supposed to tell if an egg is glowing if it is the middle of the day??

Because, you know, it's a second sun and as the person above you posted, our eyes should be melting out of their sockets if we're that close and keeping our eyes not only open but looking in that direction.

user posted image

I should have brought some sunglasses after all this glowing.

user posted image

I should have brought some sunglasses after all this glowing.

OH, MY EYES! STOP WITH THE GLOWING! MY HELLHORSE STOLE MY SUNGLASSES!

(/~\)

OH, MY EYES! STOP WITH THE GLOWING! MY HELLHORSE STOLE MY SUNGLASSES!

(/~\)

LOL!

Stop, drop, and put on some sunglasses, then roll away.

-From the Manual of Proper Second-Sun Emergency Responses

This egg makes you feel uneasy.

ONCE AGAIN... DO NOT TELL ME HOW I FEEL.

"This egg can’t seem to make up its mind on what color it is."

Eggs have minds? ohmy.gif

I actually disagree with this one. The Cassare thing is a magical effect that has nothing to do with your personality.

And honestly I think the ones like "This egg glows in moonlight" or whatnot are less contradictory or confusing than y'all make it sound. Most of them don't say, "There is moonlight making the egg glow right now," but rather that the egg has the property of glowing or being iridescent or whatever in moonlight. You could've observed that at another time and recognize the egg as one of the same kind, or perhaps you can just tell by magic that it'd have that property. So for me at least those ones actually are fine.

And with the sun thing, I took that to be hyperbole rather than a literal description. xd.png I can see how you could though.

However, the Purple eggs definitely need a desc update. Back when the eggs were all primary colors, that made slightly more sense (although even then I didn't really see why a purple egg was so much more outlandish, than, say, a bright red or neon mint green one.) And the touching ones, also very much agree on those - they're not well thought out IMO.

The 'this egg is very reflective, almost metallic' one has always gotten to me. If it's not metallic, but it is reflective, what is it, a glossy yellow? I can almost buy that for the actual Gold eggs, because on some monitors they do look more yellow than gold - but then you have the patently, obviously metallic prize eggs, with the same description! And the shimmerscale isn't even reflective, it's more of a pearly metallic color. But still clearly metallic. Very silly. xd.png

Another one that amuses me is the overuse of the word "strange". Why not weird, unusual, surprising, intricate, disturbing...? Surely a more precise or at least different adjective could've been used. And what's with three totally unrelated, non-similar-looking eggs having identical descs and being confused for each other?

Edited by Lurhstaap

Time for the Mental Movie.

«Oh, pretty egg!» *crack* «Sh...immer»

*Cue Mommy Dragon's irritated growl*

Yesterday I saw a guardian and a mint on either end of a biome, with something else in between them. I imagined the eggs in a perfect line, with each directly in front of the one behind it.

I ship it