Indigo_Dragon

Possible Future Valkemare Fan-made Game

FIRST IMPORTANT NOTE: As I have not been doing very well of late, I PMed Spiteful_Crow to see if they'd like to take over leadership of this thread/topic, until someone else should come along that they'd like to hand the leadership over to. If they and TehUltimateMage wish to start a completely new iteration of this thread then I will ask Sock to close this down and they can modify this OP in a new post to their personal satisfaction. If anyone else in the future thinks this idea is good, they are more than welcome to take it and make a new thread concerning it and their takes upon it as well. They have my blessing. I however must respectfully bow out since my health is not up to this in the slightest bit. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Possible Future Valkemare Fan-made Game:

I was inspired by the success of the Jolly Follies this season and wondered what a full game would be like? Due to the points brought up in the previous iteration of this thread (when it was in the Suggestions/Requests thread), I have decided that if this should go forward, then it will be a fan-made game, not an official one by any stretch of the imagination. However TJ09 is MORE than welcome to swing by, offer his input on different things, and say that something [or even all of this] doesn't work and it will summarily be disposed of.

I also take as inspiration some of things found in the Pokémon RPG along with other pixel adventure games out there. However, this will be best as a simple game, and only slightly more complicated than the fetch-tasks that was found in the Jolly Follies. I do not foresee any battling, capture (of anything bigger than eggs potentially), or complicated interactions with others - I don't see dating, marriage, or relationships like that as a potentiality. It COULD come up in the future... long, long after all the other stuff has been hashed out and done well so I would more readily see that as an idea that would never come to pass due to the sheer difficulty of working such a thing out. And that's not one of the things that brings us here to DC in the first place.

So I figured, this fan-made game could have a lot of the bits that make DC so wonderful for us, but yet be restricted in such a way that we would still prefer to go to DC for our easy catch-raise-breed of dragons that so appeal to us. We can take inspiration from the Jolly Follies but I do agree with many people who say that actually taking the coding, sprites, and layouts of the Jolly Follies and integrating them into our fan game would not be a good idea at all. You are more than welcomed to continue the discussion on this.

Now let's talk about what we'd like to see in this game, if anything! smile.gif And how we want it to work! As this is just the brainstorming session, all ideas are welcomed but as the OP I'd like to be as true to the known DC lore as possible. smile.gif After all, if we do something simple, we can just stick with what's already known, and that should be more than enough I'd think. smile.gif There is a lot of information already provided in the Encyclopedia entries, as well as here on the Forum with what TJ09 has already said and revealed (among other things like the official stories, mini games and the like, for what they may reveal about the world as it is in TJ09's head).

Mini-games

Here are the past mini-games that I personally have been inspired by and am leaving this here as a reference. It would be best to only be inspired by this but not try to replicate it, especially not exactly. At most, I can see some vague off-hand references or comments to it that are no more than a single line I would think. But if we just pick the general idea of the game, like being able to decorate something, having a potion-making from the items found in the game, collecting mana shards (may not be the tile game itself per say, just a different way to do it), and making a little snow fort in winter time but may not be able to actually have a snow battle.

Past events such as:

• Tree, wreath, and gingerbread decorating.

• Cave (of a favorite dragon) decorating like the Dragon Matchmaking event.

Potion mixing similar to the Brewing Mischief game.

• Baking from items collected while roaming or bought/acquired at the store.

• Snow forts (which can be set up so that people who share the “friend” codes online with others can invite them in and challenge them.)

• Collecting treats around Halloween with the option of pranking people and houses (can be called something different in Valkemare, like the other names often attributed around the same time, OR even a newly made up name as well!)

• Investigating a “haunted house” similar to the Haunting in Aliset (but still different).

• Halloween Carnival.

• The mana game of the Snow Warning can make a comeback, and be a way to procure more mana shards that are needed for spells, potions, or something else.

However, I would think that if we should actually attempt to make a fan-made game, that it would be best to be simple, and leave the mini-games for any future upgrades, since it would take a lot of work to make it happen. As such, I'll leave this here in case, so we can come back to it any time in the future.

Dragon Interactions:

We can have dragon raising, collecting, breeding, and even befriending. Just as there's a thread for befriending dragons in the wilderness, we can have a similar thing in our game too.

As for collecting eggs, raising the hatchlings, and breeding the adults, this might become a bit trickier due to their long lifespans and what exactly are "humans" there in that world. If humans are like the humans here, or if there are some crucial differences [like longer lifespans and magic-using abilities comparable to some magicians?] Being able to raise a dragon from the egg I think is one that we all would adore and die for the chance to do in this game since that IS why we all came onto DC in the first place. :3 More discussion will be needed to figure out how exactly this can work out, along with some input and approval/rejection from TJ09 if he sees fit.

Also what exactly would be the options for the first dragon eggs? I know we all have our own personal favorite dragons, and likewise would love to get our hands on a rare dragon or two as well, so to accommodate all those different preferences would be challenging in some ways until we've hashed out the ground rules first. That's what this thread is for! smile.gif

Miscellaneous Pets:

Cats, should definitely be a given! Since everybody was practically complaining and asking most of the Jolly Follies for a chance to get a kitty cat as a pet, I think this should definitely be a certain option in the game lol.

What other pets could we have though? Things like:

• Chickens (whether to have roosters in or not would be optional but it could be like a funny nod to DC where there aren’t roosters but new chicken eggs coming from SOMEWHERE. Alternatively, the chickens are asexually reproducing which is why all the chicks are female and they keep making more hens with no roosters.)

• Dogs (drakes are often compared to dogs, so it would logically make sense for there to be some in Valkemare.)

• Anything else?

I think the new Valkemare animals thread would be a good idea to take some of those ideas (the most popular and approved by TJ09 in the thread and DC lore of course) and include them into our game universe.

Lastly:

For any little bit that needs to be re-sprited, sprited anew, little objects and the like, there's many enthusiastic people here on the Forum willing to do that (yes even me if its small and simple enough) as has been proven by the Hoarding and Search threads.

I know I'd just love a game with lots of diversity though, and the choice to do some limited customizing your sprite, since for any month not wintertime, the face and body is going to be seen a bit better, so skin and hair color might need to be able to be changed somewhat, but I'm not sure if it would really be that visible whether someone's a man, woman, or another gender from the body alone since the sprite is so small and the perspective is more from above after all. However, pronouns can be easily overlooked by just having the in-game characters refer to your PC as your chosen character's name.

Now please let me know, what are your thoughts about this? For it, against it, think its a waste of time, or don't care either way? I'd love to set this ball rolling so that we can all discuss this with the hopes of maybe, sometime in the future, making a full fan-game game out of this.

Resources:

Spiteful_Crow kindly shared the link to the free RPG maker so we have that as a resource too, to fiddle around with things as this goes on.

LAST IMPORTANT NOTE:

If TJ09 should come on here and say no to us doing this, then this will stop completely - no matter where we may be in the process. If he comes and says no to an idea, feature, bit of lore, dragon, or something that we are doing (but not to the game as a whole) then we will take out that idea/feature/lore/dragon/etc. with no complaints and move on regardless. If there are too many people against doing this, then we will not do it. If the spriters and artists of dragons do not want their dragon and art to be used in the game, then we should respect that and back off. After all, it is per the agreement they had signed with TJ09 in the first place.

Edited by Sapphira_Majoram

Nice new topic <3

From what I get from your suggestion, you're saying a kind of sandbox thing where you can go around everywhere to talk to people and do stuff? I was thinking something with more of a plot or a general goal (i.e. A event leads to B event leads to C event…) -- closer to actual RPGs.

The customization and changing seasons (over in-game time) I can foresee being a little hard to code. As I mentioned before, I have RPG Maker VX Ace, and while it's a powerful engine, there's a lot it can't do without you fiddling with it for ages.

A sandbox would be fun to play with, and I agree that a plot (event A leads to event B and so on) would also be very fun too! Why not combine it? So you can still explore even during the events and all? smile.gif Not everyone wants to power through and many people (me included) tried to explore the maps of the Jolly Follies before getting scared of getting stuck at the edges lol. But not everyone wants to go aimlessly either, and I enjoyed knowing what I had to do as well, so we could do something that combined the two if possible? smile.gif

I agree, save the changing season for much later when we have something to actually work WITH. smile.gif

Btw thank you for liking the new topic revamp. :3 <3

How about, rather than assuming that T.J.'s silence is sufficient enough permission until such time as he stops being silent, you ask him first so that you don't waste your time and anyone else's time?

Along with the mini-games that have clear Christian inspirations, we can have mini-games inspired by different holidays around the world and in different religions, for example

NO. As a person whose culture you seem to think would be fantastic to put in as part of "diversity" hell no, bad representation is worse than no representation.

Also that would mean like, pretty much 1/3rd of the entire year would be a holiday

NO. As a person whose culture you seem to think would be fantastic to put in as part of "diversity" hell no, bad representation is worse than no representation.

Also that would mean like, pretty much 1/3rd of the entire year would be a holiday

This, rather.

Surely ongoing games need no holidays at all. Your Snowa could have just delivered regular mail; decorated the high school for homecoming (yeah OK, not in Valkemare - how about the palace for the king's birthday... xd.png) rescued lost children, cut down trees to make a raft instead of a Christmas tree thing - and so on. There's infinitely much stuff that requires no special occasions at all. If you want games people can play at any time - why tie them to any holidays or dates at all ?

Why not one ongoing and developing game, like the Follies, with possible small offshoots (have to collect mana before you can pay the ferryman and carry on; have to build a house before you get killed by the monsoon, collect ingredients for a potion to pacify the guard dogs) - that sort of thing. Like the mirror puzzles we had to solve. Leave the whole thing very open-ended. Also means that anyone could start at any time, and catch up on their own schedule.

Also - as I have agreed with Odeen before:

How about, rather than assuming that T.J.'s silence is sufficient enough permission until such time as he stops being silent, you ask him first so that you don't waste your time and anyone else's time?
Edited by fuzzbucket

Just going to repaste some of what I said earlier:

• Keep it free: No one should be making a profit off this, and I'm not sure TJ would want to integrate this with the shop. It would also discourage many from playing.

• Keep it simple, at least at first: This would be a big undertaking, so there's no need to create a heavy workload from the get-go. Start small, then expand as time goes on.

• Keep it fan-made: Making it an "unofficial" game keeps this project in the hands of fans and avoids stepping on the toes of DC staff or making them feel the need to get involved.

• Keep it open to discussion and new ideas: I think we should all talk extensively about what we want out of the game before anything gets put into it.

• Keep it fun! We don't need to bog this down with super-hard quests or the "grinding" that you might see in your typical RPG. Quests or tasks can be a little more elaborate than the original "Jolly Follies", but if it takes hours to play or build skill, most people would probably rather play a "real" game.

We should also welcome any spriters or would-be spriters into this discussion, as they can give or deny us permission to use their sprites from the previous game, or if they have time, help us make new ones.

And people, please, try not to freak out and act like we're trying to ruin Dragon Cave forever just by starting a fun project. We have no real intent to mess with the lore or rules of DC, we just want to do some games. The two main things we really need to get this project going are a dedicated programmer and a dedicated spriter. Without them, this project may very well never get off the ground in the first place. Right now we're just in the ideas/talking stage, so save your indignation for when we actually get around to the planning stages.

You make it sound so easy. I already explained that it's nigh-impossible for a regular user to get TJ's attention. I've tried a couple times before and received no response, as was pretty much expected. Busy site admins don't have time for us "peons", lol. So, I have a suggestion. As a spriter, you have a better chance of getting his attention than we do. So if a spriter or mod would direct him to this thread, we could finally get his input and resolve this whole thing in about ten seconds.

You make it sound so easy. I already explained that it's nigh-impossible for a regular user to get TJ's attention. I've tried a couple times before and received no response, as was pretty much expected. Busy site admins don't have time for us "peons", lol. So, I have a suggestion. As a spriter, you have a better chance of getting his attention than we do. So if a spriter or mod would direct him to this thread, we could finally get his input and resolve this whole thing in about ten seconds.

Seconded.

~~~

I also agree that we should throw away the entire holiday(s) aspect. It's not about diversity, rather we're stepping on a lot of lore when it comes to in-universe holidays. There could be local customs depending on the game's setting but I think celebrating every holiday under the sun is too complex and unworkable.

Really, don't include mini-games at all.

Seconded.

~~~

I also agree that we should throw away the entire holiday(s) aspect. It's not about diversity, rather we're stepping on a lot of lore when it comes to in-universe holidays. There could be local customs depending on the game's setting but I think celebrating every holiday under the sun is too complex and unworkable.

Really, don't include mini-games at all.

YES this!

Throw away the "let's include every religion ever, because diversity!!" BS and just make it about Valkemare, or w/e we are and make up fake holidays and stuff. Because really, this is a fake universe, not a direct copy of the existing universe (hence... dragons.)

Meh on mini-games I think they'd be a fun thing to do, for the sake of doing, but NOT for the sake of plot/we. (Also, minigames include things like the mirrors and ice thingy, imo, do they not to you?) Like, walk into a shop and play some mana alchemy because you want to, not because you have to in order to do X or gain money to Y.

I'm a bit surprised here. I've messaged TJ a couple of times and got his attention with no probs... It was with problems I had, but he answered and fixed them, every time.

Meh on mini-games I think they'd be a fun thing to do, for the sake of doing, but NOT for the sake of plot/we. (Also, minigames include things like the mirrors and ice thingy, imo, do they not to you?) Like, walk into a shop and play some mana alchemy because you want to, not because you have to in order to do X or gain money to Y.

I see the mirror and ice things (and even the Quark bridge) as puzzles, not minigames. If we want to play mana alchemy for no reason, then we don't need to integrate it into a RPG at all. But from what I see, TJ's shown no interest in bringing past event minigames back for us to play for fun, unfortunately.

Why would a minigame need to be DC oriented ? There are THOUSANDS of those out there. Now, something like the Follies is different.

I would like minigames if they didn't interfere with the actual playing of the game. Like collecting mana pieces in order to make a special potion or something. Not complicated games that you have to solve in order to move on in the game. That may just be me, but that mirror puzzle freaking broke me. I only solved it because people in the thread posted screenshots. I don't want to be stuck in the game just because of that.

As much as I loved Jolly Tales, I would have to say no to this as it is written. It is just too much.

1. To focus it around holidays is not realistic. No matter how hard our fantastic spriters/idea artists could work, there is simply no way they could include all the major holidays for the most popular religion. Even as such, you would end up with people getting offended and we would have threads of 'I follow X. How come there was nothing special for the celebration of Y. It is a major focus of my religious beliefs and I feel excluded ....' It opens up too much. Even with Jolly Follies, it didn't focus on Christmas. Granted, we had a decorated tree and we had to put up garland on the town lights ... but none of that is really Christmas.

2. The Jolly Follies was easy, per say to design as almost everyone is familiar with the holiday. We would have to have people research other holidays in various religious observances to even get remotely close to the holiday. And even then, that is a lot. Things are fine for say Christmas, Easter. What about say Passover, Yom Kippur, Ramadan, Diwali, Vesak and the like? What about the Chinese New Year on February 8th? How can we welcome in the year of the Fire Monkey?

What made Jolly Follies special was how it was so unique. To have it monthly or even seasonally is so much work and it takes away from what made it so unique.

So, I have a suggestion. As a spriter, you have a better chance of getting his attention than we do. So if a spriter or mod would direct him to this thread, we could finally get his input and resolve this whole thing in about ten seconds.

This is not a spriter or mod's job. This is the job of the person requesting to do the thing.

And remember - without his permission, any work on this suggestion at all is illegal.

I'm considering closing this for good since my health issues flared up and I can't deal with any stress on top of everything else in my life. If someone wants to continue this then they can feel free to and take it over entirely and change the idea however they'd like. However I cannot deal with most of the things in my life currently and am taking a break to get my censorkip.gif together. Sorry about this everyone, especially those of you who liked this idea. I hope this will make you feel better those of you who don't want this idea to happen at all.

I wish you all the best of luck with things in your lives and hope they're going better than mine is right now.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I think the whole "let's include holidays of every religion" had good intentions, but I agree we should keep things pretty generic. Even the Christmas dragons had their descriptions changed from "spirits of Christmas" to "spirits of winter", even though I didn't think it was necessary to go that far. As for the mini games, they could be optional. I thought the mana game would be a good way to earn mana for potions or whatever else, though. The point of this game, though, would be to keep things fun and simple.

I'm considering closing this for good since my health issues flared up and I can't deal with any stress on top of everything else in my life. If someone wants to continue this then they can feel free to and take it over entirely and change the idea however they'd like.

I am very sorry to hear this, feel better soon. sad.gif I'm not exactly leadership material, but unless someone else wants to step up to the plate, I can try to keep things running here until someone with a more take-charge attitude volunteers.

This is not a spriter or mod's job. This is the job of the person requesting to do the thing.

I never said it was their job, I'd said they'd have an easier time than any of us in getting TJ's attention. So I would like to still respectfully request that Sock (since she's been hanging around this thread) or any other staff member bring this topic to TJ's attention.

And remember - without his permission, any work on this suggestion at all is illegal.

By that logic, is fanart illegal? Fanfiction? The little RPs we've got going here? If I go draw a picture of one of the site's dragons without permission, should I be fined or thrown in jail? As I've said before, we're still just in the talking stage. I don't know why you want to call the cops on us so bad over a silly little fan project. Really, why all the excessive hostility?

Lol, what, we can't say that we "hate" this idea and should sprinkle it with sweets and sugar? Nah, no one's idea is going to be loved by everyone, and I find it really tiring as to how people are literally jumping down others' throats about "why all the hate" and so on.

As it stands, yes, I hate this idea. I think it detracts from the actual game, and can possibly evolve to be so that the tail wags the dog, so to say.

I find it really irresponsible that no one thought about contacting TJ and various artists-whose sprites would be used in this "project-before the idea became a concrete thing. As it stands for example, when we propose dragon concepts in the Dragon Requests section, and we want it to be a hybrid, we have to ask the original artists' permission. Some of them are harder to get a hold of than others. Still, I would find it very irresponsible if someone who was suggesting a hybrid went like "oh well spriters and artists on this site are hard to contact, so I'm just going to pretend that nothing's wrong and ask other people to contact them instead", I mean, that in itself to me signals a lack of responsibility-you're coming up w an idea and you do nothing to actually see that this is legal or permissible? Even when you're still in the "talking" stage, when you suggest a hybrid, permission from a spriter is a MUST. I see nothing wrong with people continuing to emphasize that fact and am very offput by the lack of responsibility and passing the buck to others-who may also have other real life stuff going on and may not be able to contact TJ as "easily" as you seem to think.

By that logic, is fanart illegal? Fanfiction? The little RPs we've got going here? If I go draw a picture of one of the site's dragons without permission, should I be fined or thrown in jail? As I've said before, we're still just in the talking stage. I don't know why you want to call the cops on us so bad over a silly little fan project. Really, why all the excessive hostility?

TECHNICALLY, yes, all fan art/fiction is illegal unless copyright has expired (see under Pride, Prejudice and Zombies xd.png - Jane Austen is safe !) or permission is gained first. (I have another hobby where this crops up REGULARLY and some big guns go after people more frequently than you might think. Notably the Tolkien estate, Rowling, Sanrio, Hasbro, Universal Pictures...) Remember when Pokemon went after this game when it first started and ALL the sprites had to be changed ?

In practice, MANY copyright owners don't go after people. But - MANY do.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Lol, what, we can't say that we "hate" this idea and should sprinkle it with sweets and sugar? Nah, no one's idea is going to be loved by everyone, and I find it really tiring as to how people are literally jumping down others' throats about "why all the hate" and so on.

You're totally free to hate this thread as much as I am to defend it. smile.gif I do find it ironic, though, that the people defending the project are the ones "jumping down everyone's throats" when they were the ones being lashed out at in the first place, though. I also don't think this game would take anything away from DC. When I get egg or scroll-locked, for example, I get bored and want to go find something else to do. If anything, this would keep me in a DC mindset by doing dragon-related stuff while I wait for eggs to hatch and hatchies to grow up.

fuzz, I suppose you have a point, but I think people who go after their fans for doing innocuous not-for-profit fan works are just shooting themselves in the foot and making themselves look like jerks in general. But I suppose that's their right.

Now I wasn't going to bring this next thing up, but it actually is really relevant to the discussion at hand. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I will call 'em like I see 'em. So I noticed a number of our Halloween treats both from this year and last year were based on copyrighted characters and material from various TV shows, anime, etc., so I hope people went out and got permission from the copyright holders in order to do so. For example, I hope they got permission from Naoko Takeuchi to use "Luna P" from "Sailor Moon" or from Hayao Miyazaki to use "Kiki" from "Kiki's Delivery Service". It doesn't matter that they live in Japan, since accessibility to a copyright holder shouldn't be an issue; a translator should be found to write letters in Japanese, or you could try your luck with English and see if someone will translate it for them. I also hope people contacted the owners of Tardar Sauce to use "Grumpy Cat" because even memes and internet celebrities have copyright holders.

So was permission gotten from all these people and others to use their characters and material? Because if not, I guess that's illegal copyright violation... or does this somehow fall under the banner of fair use or just "all in good fun" and is not a big deal? Because I don't think it's a big deal, but if people were going around telling us how terrible we all are for violating copyright laws (when we haven't even done anything), yet were doing it themselves, well, there's a word for that, it starts with "hy" and ends with "sy". Please clear this up for me so I have a better understanding of when something is illegal copyright violation and when it is not. Thank you.

fuzz, I suppose you have a point, but I think people who go after their fans for doing innocuous not-for-profit fan works are just shooting themselves in the foot and making themselves look like jerks in general. But I suppose that's their right.

Now I wasn't going to bring this next thing up, but it actually is really relevant to the discussion at hand. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I will call 'em like I see 'em. So I noticed a number of our Halloween treats both from this year and last year were based on copyrighted characters and material from various TV shows, anime, etc., so I hope people went out and got permission from the copyright holders in order to do so. For example, I hope they got permission from Naoko Takeuchi to use "Luna P" from "Sailor Moon" or from Hayao Miyazaki to use "Kiki" from "Kiki's Delivery Service". It doesn't matter that they live in Japan, since accessibility to a copyright holder shouldn't be an issue; a translator should be found to write letters in Japanese, or you could try your luck with English and see if someone will translate it for them. I also hope people contacted the owners of Tardar Sauce to use "Grumpy Cat" because even memes and internet celebrities have copyright holders.

So was permission gotten from all these people and others to use their characters and material? Because if not, I guess that's illegal copyright violation... or does this somehow fall under the banner of fair use or just "all in good fun" and is not a big deal? Because I don't think it's a big deal, but if people were going around telling us how terrible we all are for violating copyright laws (when we haven't even done anything), yet were doing it themselves, well, there's a word for that, it starts with "hy" and ends with "sy". Please clear this up for me so I have a better understanding of when something is illegal copyright violation and when it is not. Thank you.

I don't suppose for a moment that they were. But the fact is that yes, it is TECHNICALLY illegal. (This stuff comes up all the time in my other area of interest, and I will be happy to discuss that with you by PM, but not in public !)

I doubt if anyone would go after a single egg sprite, or a kid drawing Toothless at home (in fact I think that is legal, as long as the kid doesn't print it on all his Christmas cards). But the sad fact is that it IS in fact illegal, as it's in breach of copyright law, and someone COULD come after us. I am aware of a few artists who are going after re-pinnings on Pinterest, as they gave permission for one person to post an image, but not for it to sprout up all over Pinterest without being properly attributed. And that's just about what is their own work getting kind of extra publicity, not being "redone" as fan art does. I also know someone who has created a game using Sailor Moon characters - and is not allowed to publish it. He has Been Warned, as they say.

Now, a game is going to be rather more noticeable (as we know, from when Pokemon would have shut DC down !) I feel sure that TJ would not actually sue anyone over it - but Odeen's right, he could if he liked. If he felt that strongly I have no doubt he would ask for the game to be shut down and all involved here, I'm sure, would say fine and do as he asks.

And in answer to your hy sy - I imagine not a lot of people are actually aware that fanart without permission is technically in breach of copyright. But it is. Now you know.

Just one site with details.

I quote from it:

Fan art and copyright infringement might seem complicated, but really it isn’t:

Do you own the character in question?

Yes? Do what you please!

No? You have no legal right to profit from work featuring characters without permission from copyright holder.

No? You have almost no rights to create such works not for a profit, either.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Might as well contact the original concept owners as well, along with the spriters and everyone else up in the line. But I digress.

@Spiteful_Crow: I would be glad to help you with the management. I have sent a PM to TJ about the fangame proposal and have yet to hear a response. Let's see how long the waiting game lasts. The big boss is probably pretty busy.

@Spiteful_Crow: I would be glad to help you with the management. I have sent a PM to TJ about the fangame proposal and have yet to hear a response. Let's see how long the waiting game lasts. The big boss is probably pretty busy.

Thanks. Yeah, he must be busy, because I contacted a mod about poking him, and have yet to hear back from the mod either. I guess the waiting game continues.

I am very sorry to hear this, feel better soon. sad.gif I'm not exactly leadership material, but unless someone else wants to step up to the plate, I can try to keep things running here until someone with a more take-charge attitude volunteers.

Thank you for your kind wishes. smile.gif I hope someone will step up to the plate in interest of taking over, soon or even far in the future to revive a dead thread. For now however, I must bow out and call it quits on my own involvement since my health went bad again. See my first note in the first post. Thank you btw for contacting a mod there as well as to you TehUltimateMage for sending TJ09 a pm when I was unable to due to health issues.

I'll contact Sock about either transferring this to someone else, or closing this thread down for me. Thank you all for your time and patience.

No need to shut it down, I'll keep a watchful eye on it til the big boss sees fit to grace us with his presence. wink.gif