Labyrinthian

Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday

I would love to have some new hybrids added, it could even be 10 if they all were hybrids. Or maybe some new unbreedable dragon, it could be mentioned Cake dragon (and it could be different in each biome or it could change in birthday cake on all DC birthdays).

I also would love time-based extra egg slot that was mentioned some time ago by TJ. I won't say no to raffle, but I would prefer some HM prize rather than new/old CB prize dragon. I know raffles cause drama but as other mentioned it wouldn't be that bad when something else would be happening.

And this:

RE-RELEASE OF FRILLS (I remember seing it being actually planned... just with no info when)

I would LOVE for this to happend, I would pair Frills with Xenos, Mistletoes or some other new breeds.

But no matter what'll happend I think we'll get something amazing - for 10th anniversary it'll for sure be really a good event!

Since its the 10th Year, and that's a super special anniversary, I don't expect TEN days of back to back releases, but I do expect 10 days of some sort of celebration. There may be a game, some small update each day, some fun thing to collect, etc.

However, that said.... I am still a BIG HUGE fan and promoter of "player driven events and celebrations" too. So instead of doing it around the actual Birthday, why not use this upcoming big 10 as a reason to start a raffle, or do some of the games in the forums, describe some dragons, post some ideas or get involved with Suggestions, Site Comments or general feedback on anything or creating new ideas. How about some fun Breeding Event Days with Lesser Celebrated Holiday tie ins or special themes? How about popping over to IRC/DC Chat and checking that out? How about starting a new breeding lineage, or looking at some of the Gifting/Breeding Threads and Projects and decide to get involved with them. If you get really involved, maybe you could become one of their big Helpers or maybe even a back up mod or thread mod if you get really involved. See something that isn't being done? Why don't you try it, or suggest it, and let someone else run with it.

Think it would be fun to do a raffle but don't feel you have enough "awesome dragons" to do one by yourself? Why not get some friends to do it as a group and be willing to accept donations? Have a Group Thread you already run (gifting or breeding project) - why not run a raffle or special game or give away to promote your group or as something fun to celebrate the 10 years.

So, I am convinced that the artists, admins and such will have plenty of fun for us. But why wait until the real celebration? Why don't WE as a player base celebrate some stuff ourselves and make this an entire YEAR of celebration for the big TEN Decade Birthday Bash.

Because a big birthday should take an entire year to celebrate. Not just 10 days. You just might want to avoid what might be release times and normal big events for DC since the players will focus more on that. But there is plenty of time to party around the big stuff. And I think you will find there is a lot of creative folk who have a lot of fun to contribute and celebrate together. And without a community, you wouldn't have a game that has run for 10 years. So we should celebrate ourselves a bit too!

Still hoping for a cake-themed dragon!

Though theoretically wouldn't there need to be some way for new users to get CB prize dragons? Just saying if there wasn't any possible way for me to get a CB Prize dragon I might not bother trying to get really low gen ones because I'd probably have to give up a leg to get one.

Anyways a bit off topic, but imagine the Magelights from last years birthday plus a cake pygmy dragon for this year, that would be one perfect lineage. Okay, I need to stop, I am obsessed with this idea now xd.png

How about something healthier? Like veggie dragons and fruit dragons? There were so many projects and alas, none of them came to life. sad.gif

Said it once, said it twice: I would love to have frills back. Just the way they were, perhaps with some minor make-over.

I think that one new release (or semi-new if frills) and bunch of hybrids would be spectacular and wouldn't create inferno on biomes, but I will accept anything.

If raffle happens- well, I think there should be consolation prizes, like badges, dragons with codes (wouldn't it be too complicated?), perhaps some potions like on halloween? You know, to sweeten the failure. I am not the biggest fan of raffles, but I am really curious how will DC celebrate this event.

Said it once, said it twice: I would love to have frills back. Just the way they were, perhaps with some minor make-over.

The return of frills would be an awesome 10th DC Bday gift happy.gif

I also would love time-based extra egg slot that was mentioned some time ago by TJ. I won't say no to raffle, but I would prefer some HM prize rather than new/old CB prize dragon.

Yes, to all of this! The time-based extra egg slot would be a perfect way to celebrate for those who have been with the game for a while. biggrin.gif

I also agree that an HM raffle would be fantastic. It's SO difficult to get hollies that even 3rd and 4th gens were going for crazy prices this year. O_O It's nearly impossible to find fresh blood, too. Everything is so related that the only way to continue a lineage is to mash two different checkers together. Even then, they are very often related if you get past third or fourth gen. I'm sure some people would love some CB hybrids, too. It would be fun to see more lineages with them in it. smile.gif

WHAT IF;

THEY MADE A CAKE DRAGON.

A lot of people have been suggesting that. wink.gif Sounds as though it's a popular idea.

XD I kinda like it. We have a CHEESE Dragon, a PAPER Dragon, and all we need now is a Cookie Dragon, or Cake dragon. XD what if it was like the legendary trio, and you got to summon the LEGENDARY Bacon dragon or something. XD

Maybe it'll just be a slew of stuff from the Suggestions:

-getting rid of refusals

-new BSA

-increase cb holiday limit

-store

Personally, I hope he raises the limit of GoNs per scroll to an even number. NOT THAT I'VE BEEN ABLE TO SUMMON ONE YET.

A Cake Dragon sounds really cute! Maybe it'll have a candle on it's back or head. 'v'

When, exactly, is the Anniversary? (I mean, I know it's sometime in May...)

WHAT IF;

THEY MADE A CAKE DRAGON.

I've been suggesting this every single page of this thread xd.png

I mean seriously though! Magelight X Mysterious Cake Dragon Checkers!!

Magelight ---> A candle, from the 9th B-Day

Cake Dragon ---> THE CAKE, from the 10th B-Day

It's perrrrrffeeeect!

xd.png I kinda like it. We have a CHEESE Dragon, a PAPER Dragon, and all we need now is a Cookie Dragon, or Cake dragon. xd.png what if it was like the legendary trio, and you got to summon the LEGENDARY Bacon dragon or something. xd.png

YESYESYESYESYES

xd.png that just sounds ridiculously awesome.

BACON

Love old games to be open again; wasn't here for the Christmas Tree, and I want to fix my Gingerbread house (how would that show up on badges though/how would we access them? I do'nt want the badge if I wasn't truly there for the event. Perhaps our old holiday accomplishments can be added to our userpage somehow if we do this? Or we can only access games we've played in the past? Others would probably see that last one as unfair though...)

I'd be ok with the raffle and hte store.

I'd be nice to see Frills and Old Pinks, though that would make the hunting I've done for lineages with them pointless tongue.gif

New releases of any kind would be fun. I like the idea of a special auto-added dragon. The ten with this and a few CBs and the rest hybrids can be fun xd.png

Yes to a cake badge--a cake dragon would be fun--and a new cake decorating game!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE THE NEW EGG SLOT

NO MORE REFUSALS

Other BSAs would be fun too.

GoNs up to four would be lovely

Frills and Original Pinks re-released; a special tenth anniversary dragon release; that mythical new egg slot and, yes, CB Prizes falling in-Cave to blast the crap out of their monopoly of the Trading forum. Oh, and a full-sized Cake dragon, please.

Frills and Original Pinks re-released; a special tenth anniversary dragon release; that mythical new egg slot and, yes, CB Prizes falling in-Cave to blast the crap out of their monopoly of the Trading forum. Oh, and a full-sized Cake dragon, please.

Yes!! All of this!!

If not a Cake dragon, then maybe a Candle dragon?

we have one, Magelights. They were released for one of the birthday celebrations previous.