Natayah

Events & Gifting to Celebrate Various Months

(Mostly ordinary pairs you say, when around half of them are short and have prizes/alts in the base. xd.png)

Let me rephrase that. Very few people seem to notice them all that much. smile.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another suggestion for people breeding - lunar heralds that have the same colour as their parents seem to be quite popular at the moment. smile.gif

I sent lots of dragons to the AP tonight. Some Nebulas, Red and Magis, quite a few Xenos, some Avatars, a few Vines (I was trying for Silvers, but...), Tinsels and Shimmers, a few Pinks... I was having fun!

Sending/sent out coppers, gemstomes, pyrals, and holidays, some with spriter alts in the lineage. They aren't all perfect checkers but they aren't messy either.

Lots of pinks and reds just got sent to the AP, as well as some nebulas and purples and lots of stripes.

Edited by Marie19R

I was so super hyper-ZMOG-ventilating when I saw a bunch of Pure "thwued only" even gen babies on the AP and snagged them. I had work stuff and didn't get a chance to gender most of them, but I was so excited to see more PB Thuweds I didn't have that I think I shall have to find mates for them if I don't already have them so yay!!

January is getting ready to come to a close and we need to start carefully considering our V-Day Mates and prep....

But While you are stocking up on that, you can send those non V-Day lovelies straight to the AP. Doesn't matter what they are for some people because they just need freezies, hatchies, things to increase scroll space, or someone might just hatch them and release them back to the AP. But nice things are always the most exciting to find. I hope some people found some fun stuff.... So don't be afraid to take this next final week or so and get some other stuff back because honestly for the next few weeks, your brain is probably gonna be focused on other things. So your lovely all year dragons are gonna be back on the back burner til about ... March. People are already talking about the Ides of March, so get some Brutes collected and bred for others for that too!

People still in great need of BSAs... and because of the holidays coming up, more people will be around who aren't often around, and they will be poking around in the AP for giggles. Let's send out some Pre-Holiday Treasures and make their day and maybe see if we can convince them to stick around a little bit longer after the fun.

Thanks for everyone who participated whether you posted or not! Whether you knew or not! AP and Gifted Treasures always make people's days, and a special day is sometimes even better than a Holiday! Because it was unexpected.

My partner and myself do not celebrate V-Day. Because we don't believe in the transmission of society forced exchanges or shopping. However, we gift all year long, and I think its way more sweeter, romantic, special, whatever. So make someone's pre Valentines with something special, sweeter, wonderful and fun! Thanks for being so awesome for so many people!

Going to add a link to this thread as the next breeding event upcoming (Feb 4) for Breast Cancer Awareness: Breast Cancer Awareness Breeding Event Feb 4 - You can Go there to Sign up for a Reminder. Their 5 Dragons will be Magelights (biggest focus) and Purple, Dorsals(Purple), Horses and Ridgewing Dragons. See Thread for more details. Until then, you might want to consider pre-breeding some of these or gifting in their thread or offering in their thread or posting in other gift places for people wanting to participate. Some people might enjoy a nice lineage or pair as some people are going to name things special for this event, so that might be also a nice thing to gift to those interested. You can post things you have for others with interest in the thread if you like too.

Well I bred all my Shinies so apologies for all the ShimmerKin coming the AP's way. A few Shinies too, though why it's the long lineages that seem to always give out the good stuff I don't know.

I am off work sick today so in between my various sleep cycles, and since this is a good day to do a final breeding for stuff I may be saving until V-Day, I'm going to go thru my scroll and get some things sent off to the AP and Forums today. Yay for sick days??

Additionally, the Annual Win a Holly Contest for Collecting the Most of a Particular Breed of Dragon has Picked Greys/Storms for this years Dragons. Any Greys/Storms sent to the AP or on the Threads will go FAST and make many people very happy. Whether its messy or not, however, nice lines, or pairs people can continue breeding to regift themselves are always in demand, especially for projects like this!

Edited by natayah

Since we are on the last day, I will make a "final list" of things people may want to consider breeding, especially since it will be a Saturday and many people will be free. So don't forget to send your love to the AP, and make sure you are getting your mates ready for V-Day Fun! Don't forget to put your requests in on various gifting threads, and while you are at it, maybe look at gifting some requests there as well. Or if something nice pops up and you want to gift it randomly, there are many threads that allow FFA posts and/or can be a nice gift for people on lists, or glomp gifting!

Dragons to Consider Breeding & Gifting However if you Need Inspiration:

- Your Favorite/Best Dragons/Lines

- BSAs - Especially Trios, Reds and Pinks. Many need Magi! Many Love Vamps! But People still love Soulpeace, Goldfeesh, Greens/Stones, Purples and Many Horde these breeds just because! Want to be more likely to get that Trio? Try breeding it with a Holiday or Rare to make it more likely, and if you get the "other dragon" (non holidays) - people will also love the uncommon/rare too and probably end up checkering it or continuing it in another pattern!

- Hybrids!! Or Even Hybrid Attempts! 2G Hybrids or Pretty Lined Hybrids are often most in demand.

- Any V-Day Lines

- Checkers or other Patterened Lineage

- Nice Thuwed Lines or any "Famous Dragon" Lines - Dorkface and More!

- Brutes for Ides of March

- Magelights & Other Purple Dragons (Purple, Dorsals(Purple), Horses and Ridgewing Dragons) for Cancer Awareness Day (may want to wait a few days or GRAB a few & prep them for breeding on 2/4/15 - or if you just won't be around that day, you can always send to AP beforehand and know they will show up in the AP around that time if you can't participate in the event).

- Greys/Storms from ANY Line for the Storm/Grey Hoarding Holly Contest (However, Pretty Lines are always nice, and stuff that people can rebreed lets them keep the love going, and even if its a Grey x Other and you get the "other" breed, now they can get a grey to mate to continue the line and have a greater incentive to do so - any Grey Checkers that might suddenly inspire you to start since so many people will want the Grey/Storm babies??? Hmmm... Or Grey x Rare/Holidays??)

- Shinies (Prizes, Golds, Coppers, GWs, other Metallics, Anything that has bright glints of gold and silver in their breed as well) - Normally people prefer Pretty Lines, but hey, sometimes anything goes!

- Purebred Lines

- Rares and Uncommons

- Things that have a Chance to Alt (Also referred to as the "Alt Lottery" or "Playing the Alt Lottery")

- Any Pretty or Nicely Patterned Line regardless of how Common the Dragon Breed

- CBs x Any CB Holiday or Rare for some People to use as building Blocks for other lines or future inspiration?

- CB x CB even in common combos... Don't let your CB darlings just sit there and rot! Take a squint and go thru the breeding list and let your color matching run wild!

- Take some time and visit the forums. There are so many special requests lists for gifting requests or finishing scroll or breeding project requests... or people who just have wishlists in their sigs and profiles.... Take a look.

Look at some of your favorite people who you haven't talked to in awhile. Give a friendly Hello before the day of celebrating Friendship and Love! And maybe include a teleport of something interesting. If nothing else, sometimes cracking some hatchlings and sending them out to people in general and just letting people take whatever they want from the list on a first come, first serve basis, or any special eggs, is a nice way to say hello to someone you haven't spoken with in awhile. However, take the time to personalize your PM. Don't just spam out a general "Hello World." Remember you are reconnecting with old friends. But if you can find a gift specifically for them, or ask them if they are looking for anything particular before the big holiday rush starts can be a great way to reconnect. And even if you can't help directly, sometimes asking helps you connect people who both know you, but don't know each other. And helping others make new friends is a great way to do such. Or if there are some newer players that you know and haven't checked in with in a bit, or that you notice are newer to the board, send them a friendly PM and ask if there is anything they need before the big day.

Make sure you have all your "special dragons" ready for the Big V-Day Event. So plan as you need, but lets be honest.. until March rolls around.... many of these dragons are gonna be sitting there for about another month, maybe longer, unless you are a regular breeder and gifter (and lots of love to all you - you know who you are and make this game very special!!) So let's finish this January strong and send out lots of love into the new year!

And However you choose to celebrate and share, thank you for the way you share, and I hope you get inspired to do whatever you feel is the best way you share and don't be afraid to try new things and meet new people. I tend to find the nicest people are the shiest people and sometimes would NEVER want to send a PM to someone they hadn't known well via some other method. Hopefully, if nothing else, if you find someone who did something special, feel free to send a thank you and there are many great people you can sometimes meet just thru that. And the best way to find people you have things in common with is simply going thru the forums and willing to be a little active here and there. And if you see someone being active where you are, or you really admire the work they do, don't be afraid to tell them. It means so much and if you are truly appreciative, they are probably just as appreciative and you will have made a great friend. And it all started with a simple little idea that both of you liked to gift and appreciate others who do so too!

Edited by natayah

Is this going to be made into a regular responsible breeders type thing? Because if so I'm in. biggrin.gif

I am happy to do so. Think we should probably take a break on anything "special" until after mid Feb simply because of Valentine Madness, but I'll pick it up again (especially before Leap Year!) and I'll make sure to make it a place to advertising upcoming Breeding Events in between. However, I will change the topic to make it a monthly responsible breeders and giving thing, since many people do this anyway. And then we'll also prep something special for March. Luck of the Irish and all. I'm also gonna have a LOT of freetime come April. Cannot wait. Certainly deserve it after this long work stretch! If there are any other particular threads and/or themes you might like to see for a particular month (like such as April's theme, in addition to the normal nice stuff and suggested nice stuff might be breeding some "funny joke lineages and/or breeding dragons together that seem oxymoronic or juxtaposed or fit Alanis' definition of "Ironic" for the April fools", happy to do that.)

Just give me feedback if you want to see it turn into more like a "Ongoing AP Responsible Gifting Breeding" Oath type thing, or more of an ongoing reminder to breed nice stuff, and sometimes theme it, and to list links to other threads and events going on that are good places to gift or request gifts or other gifting themed supported groups.

Or if you want to have your thread/group listed and/or want to suggest something.

Edited by natayah

Updated the Thread & Added some new stuff for the rest of the month of Feb. Please give me some feedback on stuff you'd like to see for dragon breeds or themes to highlight for March! And Please share your Gifting Stories from early Feb Thru Valentines and what you are doing now. NOW that the holiday spree is wrapping up, you can pace things at your OWN pace, but we still have a lot to celebrate! There is an entire AP waiting and bunches of people who need new mates, and who are getting ready for the monthly new releases. What new things would you like to see in this thread and how was your Holiday Fun?

And ... what advice would you give to others, wish you had known, or think is important to know for running a Raffle (by yourself or with a group)? What stuff would you LIKE to ask or to know if you are considering it from others who have done it? Would you like to group up with some people and run one? Post here so we can discuss as this is a really fun special ways to do gifts, and it is like a mini-event run by the players, which makes it really special and people often have a great time doing these for various reasons, and people really love participating as well!

Ooooohhhh, thanks for reminding me about Leap Year! I still have my Leapers and I'll breed them.

Maybe catch some Leaping CBs and breed them with last time's for a stair step.

My far my luckiest catch last leap day was this Silver. I plan to breed it on her birthday.

ETA: Leapday Silver Surprise wasn't interested, no egg. sad.gif

Edited by casprrr

I tried to breed my Stones, Greens and Geodes tonight. All I got were refusals and "not interested"s, so Geodes aren't in the algorithm.

I'll try again next week.

Main Question Summary: Which Eggs are the Prettiest that You would Like us to Make the Dragons of the Month for Pretty Eggs all March or April to Help Celebrate and prep for Easter and Festival of Eggs and Spring? We spend lots of time finding "pretty dragons" and "pretty lines", but I'd like to make March and/or April also focus on the Dragons with the "prettiest" eggs since that fits with the holidays around these times. Please post in the thread for your suggestions! Or are there other dragons/eggs/breeds that you would like to see for this time for other reasons that fits with themes/holidays of this month and why?Also, is there any tips you use or share or have learned that makes gifting more fun or productive? Feel free to share those too and I'm happy to list them!

Tonight I started breeding things back to the AP. The AP is a lil higher on time than I know most people like it. It's nice to have it around 5 days or lower, so I'm going to breed constantly for the rest of the week and make sure to get at least 20 dragons out there per night (hopefully more). My nicer ones I usually offer up in the Community Departures Thread (under Trading) and they usually go pretty fast. If not, they get sent to the AP. But I like to give Forum people who purposely like certain sorts of lines first dibs because I know its going to a good home who will love it vs a random home that may or may not be able to make best use of it.

Now there have been some updates and changes to the first post. I will do something not so much like an Oath, but more of a Gifting Style & Attempt for more Beautiful & Thoughtful Gifts. I am going to find a badge or image people can add to their sig if they like. Not that people can't make mistakes or that other people don't give nice dragons. But for those who spend the extra times sending things to the AP or Forums that are lovely lines, every really appreciates the effort and loves them!

Also, I've added a place for the Top Choices of Dragons of the Month, as well as a general additional area of other random breeds of the month so people have multiple things they can choose from to start their breeding. I will constantly change and rotate it from month to month so it will always be different. This month I picked some random things, but per the bolded question above, what dragons and/or eggs would you like to see as the "featured" dragons of the month and/or why so we can get them considered and listed! Any other breeding events upcoming that I've missed adding to the first posts? Any other threads or groups I need to have links and blurbs describing? Any other thing you would like to see mentioned to keep these going and more informational and more fun? Let me know! I'll keep the thread going as long as their is an active interest. If not, I can break it into something else. But you gotta let me know! Thanks for all who participate whether you post or not. Because from the great finds we see posted on the forums, we know so many do this already! Hopefully this just encourages some more people to participate and/or encourage those who already do.

Breed my 2012 Leap dragons and got an egg (phew) so I'm extra happy. Going to mass breed all my metallics today for the AP so fingers crossed.

Just bred 3 nice Silver leap babies to the AP. biggrin.gif I will try for more later as I only had time to breed my females so far. I'll also try for some Prizes.

Today is Leap Day. I will rush home to grab dragons and breed special ones. If you do any breeding, catching or hatching, this is an awesome day to have on dragon details so grab your babies and leap the love forward!

Also don't forget to take a look at the upcoming breeding events for holidaykin/lines and Brutes

Edited by natayah

Quick Update for March:

For the major holidays, the Themes are going to revolve around Green (and Shinies), Pretty Colored Eggs (both Spring and Patterned and Otherwise Lovely), Rainbows (Rainbow Breeding Pattern Lines & Rainbow Colors & Multicolored Bright Eggs), and Combos with Shinies & These above combos (for luck and riches), and Purple for Fertility!

This is going to cover a lot, but it might make you think of some checkers to create or dust off and make sure to breed on special days. I'll make a list of the various holidays through out March in case you decide to match your "special" eggs or lines to match up with the theme or holiday day to make it more special! Will Update the first post soon!

Hope you enjoyed February and keep on gifting and staying involved in the forums and supporting each other as with players, there is quite a bit we can do ourselves to keep the game fun together!

Quick Update: I will be mostly gone until the very end of this month, but I will be checking in on Easter Sunday to make sure I take part in the Holiday-Kin (or Holiday Lines and/or Mates). If you haven't visited the thread, please take a look at it. Link in the First Page. Updating to Add Earth Day Breeding Event. Go Green!

Everyone seemed to really enjoy the Holiday-Kin breeding event and there is a call for it to be an ongoing re-occurring event. If you would like some feedback as to when you would like it to take place, please visit the thread and share your thoughts and excitement. If you have anything to add, please do so. Player run events can only be as awesome as the players who are involved! Thanks to Sock for a Great Event!

I have recently gone on Job Vacation (no, no, this was something awesome so no need for sympathy), but most of March I did almost nothing. Now that it is April and I've had a few weeks to unwind, I've updated the thread. However, I really would like some feedback as to how you guys would like to see it going. Please leave feedback in the thread, send a PM, or vote when I get a poll added in the next day or two. We are seeing a lot more breeding events. And there are a lot of already amazing breeding who specifically go out of their way to gift beautiful things via Glomps, Donations, AP Drops, Auctions, Special Events and More. However, I'm hoping that we can come together (for those who want) and get to know each other better, meet each other and new people, and discuss and encourage gifting and fun on the game (outside of the "big events".)

We give small gifts each day that are like their own mini-celebration, and the more we do it, the more our community grows, becomes involved, and enjoys our time together, and continues the gifting onward!

This thread was really a test of two things 1. Something to do while there was down time between the holidays and before Player Run Mass Breeding events became a more regular thing (which they are now and I'm so excited) and 2. A test run for the Gifting Discussion and Support Thread I am now setting up.

I know most of the past posts have just been mine. I am going to ask that this be left open for about another week or so while I make time to transfer the data from this thread over to that thread that is needed, and then there will be one easy place that is multi faceted and won't be nearly as quiet in between postings.

Thanks mods and I'll send you a PM with the info when I have copied over to have this closed out. For those of you who liked this thread, its not going anywhere, its just being collapsed and combined with a larger project. Click the Banner in my Sig. I'll put a link up later today.