Natayah

Events & Gifting to Celebrate Various Months

Update 5/4/2016: I originally opened this thread to encourage ongoing breeding and gifting during the time in between the Holidays and to encourage more player run events. Now that there are more Breeding Events on a regular basis and even more player run events of other types too, I don't feel a need to continue this thread and have moved anything else I wanted to still work on to the Gifting Group Thread (see Link Below). I am leaving the Thread's Format intact in case anyone else would like to take over or use this concept for this or something else in the future! If someone else would like to take it over, please feel free. No need to ask my permission. If a Mod wishes to close it, that is ok. If you want to leave it open, that is ok. If you want to contact me, please send PM or post in the other thread.

Gifting Group Discussion Thread: Link

Nifty Graphic to Click to Get to new Thread (Oooo Pretty):

user posted image

Going Green Everywhere & Spring! April Fools and it's Humor & Poetry Month!

This Month, we are Going to Divide the Month up into "Themes (including Elemental)". You can breed Dragons that either fit that "element" (whether the breed has that elemental or themed affinity. However, this is not bound by DC Lore so you can also "choose" how you feel your dragons, breeds, and lines fit into the themes. And if that seems too much work, just try colors that fit the themes. This is something new, and if you want to suggest themes or prefer specific breeds listed, send me feedback!

All April Month: Creation, Spring, Life, Earth, New Adventures and Opportunities, Growth, Learning, Education, Logic, Moderation, Sky, Day and Night, Space and Celestial Bodies, Virtues

Thurs 4/7 - Sat 4/16: Destruction, Death, Decay, Darkness, Fear, Pain, Blood, Tragedy, Grief/Sadness, Loss, Mourning, Storms, Turmoil, Corruption, the concept of "Evil"

Sun 4/17 - Sat 4/23: Chaos, Fire, Metals, Gems, Riches, Greed, Lust, Uncontrolled Desire and the classic "Seven Deadly Sins"

Sun 4/24 - Sat 4/30: Balance & Harmony, Enlightenment, Water, Air, Rebirth, Peace, Forgiveness, Spirituality and Ethics, Kindness, Happiness and Joy, Calm, Wisdom, Other Elements and Planes and Afterlife, the Worlds Beyond What We Know

April BSA Bonus: To fit our Themes, Try to breed some: (Life) Purples (Destruction/Death) Vampires, (Chaos) Greens/Stones and (Peace) Soulpeace. And since its Elemental and Themes, the Elemental Trios would fit any time of the month! As Always, Reds, Pinks and Trios are always the most needed all the time!

To Celebrate Poetry Month, if you have a special lineage with a "Poem" (although we will accept songs too) that you have created, please post it and share. You must own the dragon you are posting. If you are willing to breed it for others, you can mention that, but they must contact you via PM or other way as we do not process breeding requests in this thread.

Next Upcoming Breeding Events:

(To be Updated)

Edited by natayah

Do not gift dragons in this thread. Any Dragon Dropped to the AP or Gifted via PM or Posted to the Appropriate Forum Threads counts as a "gifted" dragon as long as it was bred and prepared with thought and in a way that would make someone excited about receiving or finding it. If you want to gift dragons, We have several great forums posted below and additionally, most of those threads can be found under the "Trading" section of the Forums. Sometimes the Breeding section too. But Feel Free to Reward and Surprise your fellow participants and friends with PM Teleport Surprises. Also known as "Glomp" Gifting or "Glomping." (See Glomp Thread)

Here is a List of Great Ideas for Nicer Breeding & Gifting Guidelines:

BSAs

While All BSAs are popular, here are the ones most commonly built for armies:

Red, Pink, Magi and sometimes Purple. Also some people really like to collect Soulpeace and Pebbles/Greens and Vampires.

Prize, Metal, Rare/Uncommon & Popular Dragons:

Any Clean Lined Prize or Metal is always a Gem, but people also get concerned about Ratios. So Please try not to breed anything unnecessary that wouldn't be looked upon as a lovely gift or find, and consider doing some "New Years Cleaning" of your Scroll. Maybe its time to release some of those old dragons cluttering up your scroll that you don't use, never use, and no longer have sentimental value. Or you could stab them to allow your Aegis turn into a Raegis Dragon.

BTW, if someone wants to start a Thread where people specifically "release" prior messy metalics and prizes in exchange for cleaning, lower lineaged, "nicer" ones, I think this would be a great idea, I just don't have the time or inclination. Points or whatever.

List (by no means all inclusive) of "Popular" Dragons:

Prizes, Golds, Silvers, Xenowyrms, Nebula, Lunar Heralds, Pyralspite, Golden Wyverns, Coppers, Alts & Hybrids, Lines with Spriters Alts, Funny Code Lines, Special Breeding Projects (Rainbows, Doctor Who, etc), White, Black, Cheese, Chicken, Dino, Caveborns, Avatars (any type), Thuweds, Dorkfaces, Other "Famous Family" or "Famous Dragon" offspring/relatives, etc.

Checkers and Even Gens

Many people are in search of new holiday mates for the past Halloween & Winter/Christmas Holidays, while others are still gearing up for Valentines. Additionally Any Holiday Checker is often Beloved. If you want to breed some of the "commons" from your upcoming own Holiday Checkers, it may inspire someone to search out a "Holiday" mate for it when V-Day arrives. Also, -any- checkers are beloved. They are super pretty and fun to combine with others. And may people actually prefer checkers without holidays, or without rare/metal mates. So bring out your Checkers! This can also include "Checkering" the Various Colors and forms on "Alts" or "Hybrids" by Using a Special Base to Get you Started and then using your Breed Only Dragon to take over from there. Or other Special Designs and Shapes within the Space of a Square. Chevrons and Mirrors and So much more. Or just randomness that still keeps the "square" or "neater" overall box shape.

Clean Stairs & Spirals

Checkers and Even Gens aren't the only lovely lineage. Many people do great spirals and stairsteps. While many Prize Dragons are done like this, people always love an interesting non-Prize Spiral or StairStep. If it has multiple dragons/mates in it, just have a reason for why it is what you are doing.

Purebreds

No Matter what Shape, everyone loves Purebred Lineages. They offer a lot of variety especially when you mix "Pure" Breeds that have alternating colors into fun patterns, or the Base is made Special by Breeding with Rare or Discontinued Dragons. Additionally Hybrids can be "Purebred" when the starting Base makes the Hybrids, and the Hybrids take over from there!

Special/Fun Lines

Special Breeding Projects (Group and Personal); Song Lyrics, Quotes, Poems; "Themed Names or Families"; Special Codes (Funny, Naughty, All Numbers, etc); Dragon Families or Offspring from Famous Owners/Scroll Keepers and/or Dragons; Special Designs and/or Patterns and/or Themes, or Anything Else that Makes the line than just randomness. Some work was put into it, and people love anything that is "special." It is the love and time sometimes more than the dragons. And Sharing Offspring can sometimes attract people to your Breeding Project and Raise the value of Completed Projects. (For Example, its not uncommon for people to Trade and Requests "Dr Who Lines" or "Rainbow Lines", for example.)

Hatchlings

Everybody Loves Hatchlings! Whether you set it loose in the AP or gift it, people hardly ever say no to this. Especially newer people who don't have the scroll space to hold all the eggs they may want or need. This also helps boost their numbers so they can get those extra egg slots sooner. And if there are some lower timed dragons with Alt Eggs, why not play the Alt Lottery? You can keep it if you win, gift it, or instead, gift its hatchlings. And messy hatchlings are generally preferred for people who are collecting Hatchlings to Freeze.

Fulfilling Wish Lists

Almost everyone has a Wish Or Want or Dream List these days. If you don't feel like random breeding, finding people who specifically want or need something will make their entire month sometimes. If you don't want to just randomly toss stuff, sometimes its more fun to spend the time hunting down and gifting to a special person. This way you know your breeding is loved and appreciated.

Edited by natayah

Remember, since this is not a place set up for "Gifting" eggs to one another, below is a list of other Threads you can post random teleports if you don't want to have to PM a bunch of people!

Forums for Making Gifting & Wish Lists Super Easy:

The Giving Tree (TGT) - TGT (The Gifting Tree) Easy Place to Gift & Request - Great especially for Newer & Growing Players

BSA Gifters - Great Place for Newer Players or Players with Very Few BSAs to Start Stocking Up

Gifting Eggs via Forums - Specific Threads:

Community Departures - Long one of the Most Favorite Places to Drop Eggs for Quick Claims, this is a great way to gift a nice egg and not have to hold on to it for long. And per the rules of the thread, you can put stipulations on it, however, while most people are respectful of this, the only way to really be certain is to set up a Two Way Teleport and request "any junk egg" as an offering so you know where it goes as normal teleports are under no obligations. Although they are still usually pretty good.

Even Gen Gifting - Even Gens Only. You can also trade, but this is a great place to gift (and receive) Even Gens, and also make requests. While you won't be placed on a list specifically (except for individual users who offer this), this is a great community that is often willing to help you find an even gen dragon or mate when you don't have the resources on your own or want a better match than you currently have.

Finding Personal Wish/Dream/Goal Lists on the Forums

Note: People will often link or list this in their sig or profile. So if there is someone you really want to send a special thank you or gift to, sometimes looking at their own personal info is the best way to start.

Complete Scroll / Wish List - The One, the Only, the King of all Wish Lists Threads. From Wishes to Goals to Dreams, most everyone has a wish list posted and updated here, and will link to it from their signature as it is often much easier to keep a forum post up to date than an entire profile. And if you have a particular dragon you are wanting to gift but not sure who to give it to, you can go thru many many peoples' lists until you find a few worth gifting for your preferences. If you don't have a Wish or Goal List set up here, it might be time to make one. And its a good way to meet a LOT of different people since so many participate.

The Breeding, Gifting Thread - This is a Great Meeting Place for Breeders, Gifters and those in Search of Dragons. Just list what you kind of dragon you want (lineages can be very specific), and people literally rush to fill your wishes. Great Community, but it must be bred, and you must fill out the forms. But well worth it and easy to get the hang of after one or two posts!

Newbie Gifting Project - We were all once there. And getting something *amazing* just often means so much more to a newer player, and can make the difference between someone who joins and participates and grows with our community and someone who just passes through for a short time. And what is *amazing* can often be something very simple to you personally.

Edited by natayah

Well, I just mass-bred my reds, so there's upwards of a dozen PB or clean-lineaged red eggs floating around the backlog. Let's try to build a red wall in the AP!

I think I'll choose a different 'theme' each day and try to breed a few dozen of each type. That way I won't flood the AP with things of one sort. I'll start by working my way though my discontinued 'hot pink' lines. biggrin.gif

Resulting in:

16 bsa (mostly pink), a trio, a shiny,a vamp, a hybrid, a couple of alt lotteries, some misc, and a few unfortunate fails that will make great freeze fodder.

Edited by Tawanda001

Helping out the cause by breeding my hoard of reds as well. Red AP anyone?

user posted image

Yes I know it's a horrible joke and I'm horrible too.

Still, this will be very helpful for the upcoming Valentine season.

I've been meaning to breed more lately anyway, so I can definitely massbreed nice Reds, Pinks, and Soulpeaces. Since it's almost Valentine's, perhaps I ought to send out Sweetling checkers as well...

I might not count up all my results but I'll certainly contribute. xd.png

Hmmm, I usually throw Holiday mate test-breed eggs into the AP anyway, and it's been a wee while since I bred my checkers and lineages to the AP. I can feel a Cool Code mass breed coming on in the next few days, too. smile.gif

Just bred all my red dragons, and ones that might be considered "messy" I bred with a CB mate... however the lineages aren't too crazy, maybe just not an even gen. Hope that's okay!

Bred my CB pink dragons and my CB Xenowyrms. Tried breeding my Silvers but they were being stubborn.

I mean anyone can breed anything, especially if we are trying to lower the AP time on eggs. And certain eggs, including certain BSAs, Alts, Hatchlings, etc. that people often care a lot less about "pretty lineages". And I need to update to include other lines (discontinued or rares or special base patterns, interesting code lines (funny, naughty, all numbers, Zcodes, etc ), special breeding project lines..... There are so many great dragons many of us have and due to the holidays or other reasons we've been lax on breeding them to dust them off and share the fun all around. And Purebreds too!

I know many of you now have some newer lines (or will shortly) and it's time to show them off! And while CBs aren't technically bred, if you catch something and want to gift or toss to AP, or gather some fave CB breeds before a long break and gift or AP toss after the Cooldown... let's just have a good time however you like best helping people and gifting.

Oh my, I bred nearly five dozen code pairs. I didn't realize I had so many. Got a lot of no interests and some refusals but I think a fair number of dirty/funny/odd codes should show up soon. tongue.gif

My fingers are itching to mass breed ALL my stripes. And I haven't counted them for months. They've grown o.o Mostly nice checkers or stairs, but I'll see what I can do!

I got a lot of no interest tonight as well. But on my busy nights I try to remember to at least kick out between 10-20 eggs. But I'm off work Thursday and ready to sort and get my fave breeders bread! Thanks Tawanda. Also if you happen to find something nice in the AP, there is a thread to show off your beauties (Dragons You Cannot Believe Were Released or such). I'll link it at the top as Breeders get so excited when their offspring shows up there. In fact, some people get sad if they haven't been posted in awhile. So it's ok to share your goodies. It's not considered bragging, the gifters breeders usually love it, and if someone finds a line they really like, its easy to tell from the breeders profile if they take gifting requests and will often gladly breed siblings for free or a very nominal trade. So many people win if you take the time to post, and it actually keeps people motivated to breed and hunt the AP!

I'm cleaning up my scroll. All my Stripes are done. Next is my metallics. Then as I have all my GoNs I'm going to go through my trios.

I think choosing a different breed every day to breed is a good idea too.

I just bred and APed al my code pairs for people to find. biggrin.gif I also bred a few other nice even gens and 2nd gens. I'll breed more tomorrow. It's 2 am here. xd.png

While Brutes may or may not be one of your favorite dragons to breed, any fun brute lines or especially PB Brute Lines might be a great surprise or gift for those who prep just in case we also help support the rather popular and fun "Ides of March" Brute Breeding Event. So everyone has Some Brutes and More Brutes to participate.

Thuweds today: pb, eg, stairs, spirals

and this fun little code zWEgg laugh.gif

This is fun! I don't usually breed much, but going through and trying to find nice mates for chucking to the AP is kinda fun. Sent over a few Coppers and Opals, as well as two Blusangs. Sent some purples to the AP last night, I figure I might as well go through all my BSA dragons.

edit: Just sent a gold to the AP, yay!

Edited by Marie19R

Ooohhh! I just bred a bunch of my 2G prizekin yesterday, without even knowing this thread existed. biggrin.gif So, there should be some pretty 3G even-gen babies (siblings to things like this) floating around soon. happy.gif

I'll probably breed all my CB BSAs soon too.

Late last night/early this morning sent a bunch of PB Blacks (many with Alts in them), some Reds, Got a 4SS Tin that slipped out there, some pretty checkers, some fun codes, and probably some other stuff too. I still need to do another breeding run, but at least with me making sure I get out at least 10-20 a day I know they are getting around. If its super nice sometimes I still post it to a forum thread, but sometimes the AP just gets it instead.

Egglocked... TIME TO BREED *evil laugh*

Plan on breeding all my:

BSAs

"Dazzling" Dragons

Lunar Heralds

Gemshards

Maybe, just depends though....

Then some more groups tomorrow until I eventually go through my whole scroll xd.png

Edited by Clya

Man I was having fun with this last night. I sent plenty of pinks, reds, tinsels and shimmers to the AP. Along with some magis and more xenowyrms.