AppleMango

Dresses!

I looked and I couldn't find a thread about dresses, so I decided to make one. smile.gif

Do you like wearing dresses? Why/Why not?

Do you have lots of dresses? Do you wish you had more?

How do you feel about playsuits compared to dresses?

What length of dress do you like? Mini? Midi? Floor length?

What do you like/dislike about dresses?

Want to share a photo of your favourite dress?

(I can see some people thinking this topic isn't worth having so I put in questions to show it's worth talking about. tongue.gif hahaha. If you have questions I can add then let me know smile.gif)

Dresses, you say? I love them!!! wub.gif I don't wear them too often, though, but I do love them. Why? Maybe because I have the thing for all things girly and feminine. laugh.gif

I have somewhere around ten or fifteen dresses, not sure about the exact number and if it classifies as a lot, but I always wish I had more, of course.

Playsuits compared to dresses are amazing as well. I barely have two, I think, strictly as beachwear, so I'd like to have something classier and I plan to work on one. smile.gif

The length that I like to wear depends a lot on my mood. Mostly it's either mini or floor length, I somehow like midi the least because I think it makes me look even shorter.

What I like about dresses is that they can look really beautiful no matter what their length is if designed and sewed well, but what I hate is that I almost NEVER have matching shoes and bags for mine. laugh.gif

And I wish I had a picture of my favourite dress - I don't even have a favourite dress to begin with. laugh.gif

I love dresses!! I like dresses with sleeves best, I think they're elegant, and necklines that show my collarbones, like a boat neck. I especially like soft dresses with pockets and big, swoopy circle skirts that bounce around when I walk and spin really well. Ideally they hit just above the knee.

I got married in a big 1800's style hoop skirt with lots of ruffles, I'm kind of insane.

I very rarely wear dresses, mostly because they don't fit my lifestyle and I don't find them comfortable (which is to say, they restrict my available activities and range of movement too much). I will wear a dress or a skirt if the event calls for it, though, even if I currently only own one long black dress and a handful of skirts.

(What is a playsuit? Google seems to imply it's a shirt coupled with a pair of wide-sleeved shorts of a kind?)

(What is a playsuit? Google seems to imply it's a shirt coupled with a pair of wide-sleeved shorts of a kind?)

It's like a dress but instead of being like a shirt and skirt joined together it's a shirt and pants/shorts joined together. It kinda looks like a dress but it's joined in between the legs.

Pros(compared to dresses): People can't accidentally see your bum because it can't fly up or be too short when you bend over

Cons(also compared to dresses): Annoying if you need to go to the toilet!

I don't wear them because of hat ^ con. Hahaha. xd.png

Although my friend said that if you have a halterneck playsuit it is much easier. So maybe I will try one if I find a cute one with a halterneck.

Do you like wearing dresses? Why/Why not? Um...no...it's hard for me to explain

Do you have lots of dresses? Do you wish you had more? A lot from when I was younger, but, no, I'm not looking into collecting any more.

How do you feel about playsuits compared to dresses? If ur comfortable in playsuits, do it. I don't have any particular feeling towards either clothing article.

What length of dress do you like? Mini? Midi? Floor length? Again, I don't care.

What do you like/dislike about dresses? I just prefer my flannel shirts and a pair of old jeans.

Want to share a photo of your favourite dress? No. I honestly thought this thread was going to be about the dress

Edited by colakit

Yes <3 they feel so pretty and flowy and lovely. But I don't like drawing attention to myself, so I only wear them for special occasions or if I expect a lot of other people to be wearing them smile.gif

I have about five or six. And yes I want more. biggrin.gif

Hrmm after a short google search, I think the playsuits that you can actually see are separated at the leg look really awkward. The ones that just look the same as dresses are really pretty though smile.gif

Looong. Not to the floor; those trip me up so badly. But about ankle-length is the best thing ever but I like anything below the knee. If it's above the knee, it's gotta be really poofy and cool tongue.gif

They draw attention if you're the only one around in a dress D: or at least they feel like they do. Also if they're too long it can be awkward to sit down, especially in a car since you have to make sure none of it is hanging out the door xd.png

Hrmm, not my favorite, but here's a lovely one I wore for Valentine's day with my man :3

Do you like wearing dresses? Why/Why not? Um...no...it's hard for me to explain

What do you like/dislike about dresses? I just prefer my flannel shirts and a pair of old jeans.

Want to share a photo of your favourite dress? No. I honestly thought this thread was going to be about the dress

Hahaha, nope. The dress is old news. tongue.gif Plus there is already a a thread about it. tongue.giftongue.gif

I used to absolutely hate dresses too, I don't remember exactly why I think it was a mix of reasons, the two I remember most being, I don't like my legs so I used to always wear pants, and dresses don't have pockets!

But two years ago I saw these beautiful two dresses and really wanted them, so I got them(They ere fairly cheap also, just from Kmart) and now I wear dresses everyday tongue.gif Hahaha.

Maybe you can try a flannel dress. I have two tongue.giftongue.gif1 2

Hahaha, nah I'm kidding tongue.gif but if you ever change your mind about dresses I guess that's a good place for you to start hahaha tongue.gif

They draw attention if you're the only one around in a dress D: or at least they feel like they do. Also if they're too long it can be awkward to sit down, especially in a car since you have to make sure none of it is hanging out the door xd.png.png

Hrmm, not my favorite, but here's a lovely one I wore for Valentine's day with my man :3

I find ones that are shorter are worse to sit in tongue.gif If you're outside and have to sit on a gross feeling seat at least, because if it's not long enough to protect you from it D: But the car thing, yeah d:

That dress is so pretty! And the necklace. So pretty! I love the shoulders they are so cool. I have a friend that looks a bit like you actually. Haha. d:

It is so hard to choose a favourite, when I look at my photos though I like this one so much. I think it's just how the photo is taken though, hahaha. I also like this one, mostly because I think the photo is hilarious. That was my first dress actually, well first one since I grew out of them but then went back into them... if that makes sense.

Edited by AppleMango

Same, I used to hate dresses because of a lack of pockets and how it makes my legs feel naked. And while I still prefer pants, dresses aren't that bad and some of them are super cute~

I'll see if I can have some pictures up later on.

i was not really into dresses until the last year. but it was an exceptionally hot summer and short sleeveless summer dresses became my staple for everywhere but work.

i have about 5 now that i really like and a few that i will wear if i need to do laundry

bonus: bf loves them so he bought me a bunch. yay for free clothes

Edited by nepenthe.catharsis

Cute dresses are amazing things. :3 I look better in more old fashioned clothing.

i was not really into dresses until the last year. but it was an exceptionally hot summer and short sleeveless summer dresses became my staple for everywhere but work.

i have about 5 now that i really like and a few that i will wear if i need to do laundry

bonus: bf loves them so he bought me a bunch. yay for free clothes

That's awesome that your boyfriend bought you some dresses! Mine bought me some too because I didn't have enough to buy them so I got him to buy them for me and they were part of my Christmas present. :3

I have so many dresses, around 40 or more now I think. I only buy them on sale though, so I normally get them for $10 but I have some that were less and a couple that were $15. smile.gif

Most of my dresses are mini dresses too, but not because I got them for summer, just because that's what most dresses are at the shops I go to. I don't really have a preference for them though. A lot of them also have thin straps, which is annoying. I wish more cute dresses(in my price range) had sleeves/shoulders. Not because I care about people seeing my bra straps or anything, I just don't want to get sunburnt is more the reason. Hahaha. >_< Makes me not want to wear them in summer which is when they are meant for! hahaha

I am not that type of girl to wear dresses. I just dont but im not a tomboy ...kinda am but anyway. I sometimes do and i like the desigh of the dresses too. In my class all my classmates are guys and maybe thats why im not really like dresses or do girl stuff

I dont have a lot of dresses...

Edited by Dragnilu

I don't often wear dresses, but sometimes I will when I just get that... mood. I'll wear a skirt a bit more often than a dress, mostly because I don't have any dresses that I like.

Plus I'm not into that sort of thing all that much, jeans, T-Shirt and hoodie for life!

Edited by Clya

I went shopping today and got two new dresses! biggrin.gif Both were $10(Australian) down from $30(Australian) woot woot~

Yes, but not girly dresses. Now if they have zippers and chains on them, then heck yes tongue.gifxd.png

I have a few, not a lot though. Yes I do wish I had more.

The censorkip.gif is a playsuit???

Mid-thigh length. I like my knees showing ^^

You have to keep your legs together when sitting xd.png

Here's a gothic dress I want:

user posted image

The censorkip.gif is a playsuit???

You have to keep your legs together when sitting xd.png

Here's a gothic dress I want:

user posted image

A playsuit is like a dress but it's joined at the bottom so it's like shorts and a shirt instead of a skirt and a shirt. I think maybe you would like them because you don't have to keep your legs together when sitting, but I don't know if there's ones with chains and stuff on them, hahaha.

I always wear shorts or tights under my dresses so I don't worry about keeping my legs together tongue.gif hahaha.

That dress is so pretty! I see why you want it tongue.gif