Ayelldee

January Release?

Yes, yes, I KNOW. We just had the Christmas Release. But I'd sure like a new Release sometime this month so we'll have new non-Holidays to coddle. There were TONS of really nice dragons on the Completed List that just sit there...and sit there - in limbo. What would you like to see as the next Release?

ETA: Do you even want one, why or why not?

Edited by Ayelldee

Not gonna happen. Unless we don't get a raffle before March.

I'd be up for a normal release. Maybe something wintry, next week Friday on my birthday. :b

More seriously, though: If we aren't going to get a raffle then I would hope for a January release of some kind, even if it's just a "simple" dragon with no gimmick. I would think a new release would be much easier to handle in place of the raffle madness. Give the people something shiny to distract them and let the news hit a bit softer.

Alternatively, release something else (ex. a site feature, etc.) big and unexpected.

It's just a bit more than 5 weeks until valentine breeding starts, and 6 weeks until we get a new holiday dragon. So I doubt there'll be a release in between.

I'm hoping for a release! No raffle around Christmas time disappointed me a bit, so I'm just hoping for a nice dragon to make up for that. Maybe one off the completed request thread...?

Even if we do get the raffle in March (which I doubting now...) I still want something to make up for the lack of the raffle (and news about it) this holiday season.

Toss up for me. I would not say no to a new release but I have tons of Val breeding to do.... *eyes wall of Radiant angels without mates........*

I've got plenty of breeding projects to work on.. including a v'day line.. so that I'd be very happy WITHOUT a release in Janurary. I'd prefer a site update.. tabs.. hatchling incubate.. store.. one of those preferably.

I'm always up for a new release! I could see it possibly happening in late January. smile.gif

I'd like a new release sometime in mid-January, really. The last regular one we had was the lunar heralds, and that was all the way back at the end of August. Maybe one breed, or two if there's no dimorphism. But I'd be okay not having one. It is a busy season and many of us do have Valentines planning to do.

I've got plenty of breeding projects to work on.. including a v'day line.. so that I'd be very happy WITHOUT a release in Janurary. I'd prefer a site update.. tabs.. hatchling incubate.. store.. one of those preferably.

Me too. I'm horribly behind.

I've always enjoyed the late January releases, and really hope we get one this year.

Found this thread for the Golden Wyverns and Royal Blues in 2012:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=131115

I have fond memories of that release - I caught my first CB Gold in the Desert while everyone else was hunting Golden Wyverns in the Alpine! xd.png

I'd kind of prefer the chance to get my scroll organised for Valentines, but... what will be will be, I guess.

I'd be happy with a January release, but so close to V-day breeding I really doubt it'll happen. And I *wish* that there would be some Site Updates instead... There are so many wonderful things that could be improved on or implemented in this game. As well as updating the Encyclopedia.

I'd like to see a low-stress release, personally. Maybe a hybrid and/or a common 2-head/pygmy/drake?

January releases are unheard of around here, for the most part, since the month sits between two holiday releases (and previously, the raffle). Honestly, not having a release gives TJ and the mods a break between these releases, and more spare time to do anything they might need to still do for Valentine's.

However, I wouldn't mind one! The more dragons, the merrier.

Edited by arya10

Don't think so. This period is normally meant for everyone readying up their Valentines. A new release would throw the ratios off balance even more than just with the one planned this Valentines Day. Summer is when most of the releases happen and it should stay that way. It's much safer for the balance. New releases have a tendency to really throw the ratios into chaos, so doing them during the dry period keeps everything happy and healthy.

I am also working on a couple of breeding projects. Most of my stuff got thrown to the backburner for 2 weeks while Holidays were out. Now that everything is cleaned up, I'm able to continue. So I'm also personally against this. I don't need more to distract myself with.

I wish, I really wish that there was a new release. After quite boring Holidays (since I do not care for non-CB stuff, with few exceptions) there is nothing I can look forward to other than quite boring Valentines. Basically, a total of 4 CBs in 6 months? Bah.

I'm all about the low stress not as fancy dragons. I think in between amazing fancy OHMYGON dragons that we need something to not have to scramble over every month. Otherwise I start to lose my mind.

And I also consider site upgrades, additions, releases, new features, etc. often just as awesome as "dragon releases."

Edited by natayah

I wouldn't mind a new release but I don't think we will get one. If we did, I'd prefer it to be just one dragon (or a breed only dragon).

I wouldn't mind a new release but it's not like I'll be bored if we don't get one, I just came back recently-ish from a long unplanned hiatus (again), so I have lots of things to catch up on.

If we don't get a raffle, we better get a new release. :/ The only reason they haven't had January releases the past few years was because the raffle took over instead, so if we don't have a raffle, there's no excuse this time.

If we don't get a raffle, we better get a new release. :/ The only reason they haven't had January releases the past few years was because the raffle took over instead, so if we don't have a raffle, there's no excuse this time.

Ehmmm.... do you mean that someone needs an excuse? I doubt.

As much as I'd love a raffle and/or a new release, this is a free game, and people have off-line lives that sometimes take over. I'll be disappointed if there isn't anything, just like last year when I didn't win the raffle, and then I got over it, because it's just a fun game that we're not paying anything for and there are plenty of gorgeous dragons to collect.

As per usual, I'd be up for a hybrid or a single breed release. The middle of the month would be lovely.