The Holly Contest

The Holly Contest 2016 Dragon Poll

What Dragon Would You Like To Collect This Year  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think i will join this year and voted for Greater Spotted Drakes. More love for DC Drakes!

I think I will try to participate in the contest this year. I have only been a donator so far, but I would like to collect some nice drake lineages.

With two breeds, we could build *huge* checkers (as long as one isn't a drake/pygmy/twohead, of course). But the impact on the totals would be far less, and that was the reason for the hoarding contest after all...

EDIT WITH QUESTION: So... I'm assuming the thread will either change or we'll get a new thread once the poll's complete. Is that right?

Correct, it should be called/changed "Holly Contest 2016" with this years chosen dragon as topic description below that.

I hope the Greater Spotted Drake wins it! I feel sorry for them. I see it as the TRUE Neglected Dragon sad.gif

Personally, I'd much rather collect anything but the Spotted Drakes (especially Nocturnes, Greys and Striped Rivers <3) and this is precisely why I voted for them. They really do need some lovin'. ;3

Correct, it should be called/changed "Holly Contest 2016" with this years chosen dragon as topic description below that.

Wonderful! Thanks for the information!

I hope the Greater Spotted Drake wins it! I feel sorry for them. I see it as the TRUE Neglected Dragon sad.gif

Aww, never saw it that way. But I can see it just like that. (I feel sorry for the spriter with so many people hating on it :/ )

HOWEVER, I think that storms will be easier in the long run. With the GSD in only one biome, it will soon become such a pain for the number of people hunting just in the forest to find even ONE GSD, then again there is breeding.

As well as it will really clear out the forest, hopefully making rares much easier to find.

But I could seriously go either way. :3

I like and pick up GSDs at times and I will certainly still participate if they are chosen, but I still think Storms are the best option.

Is the point of it to clear cave blockers, or AP blockers? I always thought it was the latter, and the GSD, Duotone, and Striped River aren't all that common in the AP, at least from what I've seen.

Is the point of it to clear cave blockers, or AP blockers? I always thought it was the latter, and the GSD, Duotone, and Striped River aren't all that common in the AP, at least from what I've seen.

Actually it is not really either, and yet little of both. LOL

The whole project was originally started by ArynChris in 2012 not to get rid of cave blockers, nor AP blockers. It was simply to make one common dragon (BBW) and see if they could make it uncommon. This can be seen from old thread here.

Ever since that time, I believe, they have chosen one common dragon always keeping in mind and considering cave blockers as well as AP blockers. However, the only real stipulation is that they are Common, and in keeping with original start "It's an experiment to see if we can make them harder to find in the cave and AP." That quote comes from last years contest, and pretty sure was posted in all years contests after 2012.

(I feel sorry for the spriter with so many people hating on it :/ )

I don't think I saw a true hate post about GSD's (I certainly don't hate them, they have their charms, but apart from my 8 CB's I really don't need any more :3), but they do have limited breeding possibilities due to them being drakes and they clot up the forest biome more often then not, while others tend to be picked up faster. Hmm, I didn't take the AP into account, it's true that you don't see them there as often, but again, this is because people don't breed them as much.

I'd be fine with any chosen breed though and will collect anything. smile.gif

As has been edited in the original post, this poll will officially close on Monday, 18 Jan 2016.

This will be slightly longer than the intended two week time frame by only a couple of days. However, it only felt fair to give prior warning with an official close date since the poll is so close. Plus this allows everyone time to see it and for those active during weekends to have time to cast their vote if they have not already done so.

~Hawkster

Should I wait to post which Hollies I'm donating until the poll closes and the contest is 'officially' launched for the year?

It doesn't make a difference to me. smile.gif I know what I'm doing, just wondered when to post it.

*is excited because I can post a somewhat low gen donation this year*

Still crossing my fingers for Storms!

To me it seems like the best choice overall, but we've all got our opinions ^.^

HOWEVER, I think that storms will be easier in the long run. With the GSD in only one biome, it will soon become such a pain for the number of people hunting just in the forest to find even ONE GSD, then again there is breeding.

This past year, Flamingos were the breed of choice, dropping in only two biomes. However, I didn't have any trouble finding them in the Coast or Jungle. Likewise, I don't think it will be too hard for people to collect GSDs.

Aww, never saw it that way. But I can see it just like that. (I feel sorry for the spriter with so many people hating on it :/ )

Same here :/ No need for the hatred! I won't be neglecting the true Neglected dragon. After I have worked further some of my wishlists/projects I want to collect more smile.gif

Come on the Greater Spotted Drake!

We've always done a limited biome dragon. IMO it's time to see what we can do with one that drops in all biomes. With that said I'm already wanting to pick up GSDs just because they've been in the running. xd.png

You know, since it's so close, maybe a runoff vote is a good idea? Let the people who voted for one of the other breeds re-vote for either Storm/Gray or GSD. I think that's the fairest way to pick the winner, especially if they end up with only one or two points' difference between them. (And yes, I still feel that way even if the one or two points' difference is in favor of Storms. xd.png)

You know, since it's so close, maybe a runoff vote is a good idea? Let the people who voted for one of the other breeds re-vote for either Storm/Gray or GSD. I think that's the fairest way to pick the winner, especially if they end up with only one or two points' difference between them. (And yes, I still feel that way even if the one or two points' difference is in favor of Storms. xd.png)

That would be a good idea, actually.