The Holly Contest

The Holly Contest 2016 Dragon Poll

What Dragon Would You Like To Collect This Year  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If we have two breeds, I don't want any sort of ratio. Because I could easily lose count of how many of breed A I have in comparison to breed B and be disqualified or "lose" dragons for my count.

With 2 Breeds it would be much easier to collect and it would make a bigger impact on the cave to help "remove" (can't think of a different word) two blocker breeds.

Edited by Clya

Well this year i wanted to hoard sunsong dragons cuz they are my favorites but we can't always be winners

I voted for Fogs, simply because I like them the most out of this bunch~

I already have a few Hollies, but I'm still holding out hope for a 2G. xd.png ...Could probably even donate the eggs from my Hollies to the contest (if I remember and have the time).

I can't wait for this competition to start! I wasn't able to choose my Holly last year due to RL so this year will be my year ^^ C'mon GSDs! Haha!

I can't wait for this competition to start! I wasn't able to choose my Holly last year due to RL so this year will be my year ^^ C'mon GSDs! Haha!

Same! Except I'm hoping for the Storms to get picked xd.png

In my opinion, to have two breeds would work against the point of the contest, to target one breed and try to make it rarer. Plus, the only-one-breed thing has always been something that set the contest apart from other common/blocker hoarding projects.

Same! Except I'm hoping for the Storms to get picked xd.png

Storms/Greys are a good choice, too. Either one I'll be in the contest ^^

*impatiently waiting for the results*

I just can't wait to start collecting! No matter what gets picked count me in!

Wow, it's a really close race between Storms and GSDs. Wonder which will win.

The suspense is killing me!!!

I would personally prefer a dragon that can be found in all or most of the biomes rather than a dragon that can only be found in one (so storm/fog would be a better choice than GSD, in my opinion).

It seems to me that choosing a dragon that is found in more biomes means that we will likely have a better result of helping DC clean out cave blockers in general, rather than helping only one specific area. The overall effect might be better in that case.

Bright Breasted Wyverns, the 2012 choice, were only found in the Jungle.

Spitfire Dragons, the 2013 choice, were only found in the Desert.

Purple Dorsals, from 2014, were only found in the Jungle.

The Flamingo Wyvern from last year are the first to be found in more than one biome, Coast and Jungle.

Even though I voted for the Grays, I don't think the number of biomes is really relevant for making the decision.

(I still don't think the worst blockers made it to the list.)

Edited by dragongrrl

Oh yeah, I am merely expressing my own opinion. I don't expect my opinion to be shared by everyone. smile.gif

GSD is too new to need this yet and its unpopularity is due mainly to the general unpopularity of all drakes which in turn is due to only five species existing (Glory Drakes are one species with two variants like Xenowyrms) . Us collecting GSDs isn't going to help their popularity in the long run. I think grey is a much better choice and I hope it gets more votes.

Edited by Lurhstaap

I would personally prefer a dragon that can be found in all or most of the biomes rather than a dragon that can only be found in one (so storm/fog would be a better choice than GSD, in my opinion).

It seems to me that choosing a dragon that is found in more biomes means that we will likely have a better result of helping DC clean out cave blockers in general, rather than helping only one specific area. The overall effect might be better in that case.

I can't help but to agree with this, and I really hope Storms are picked!

But overall... I just want to collect now xd.png

I voted, but want to add that I had hoped to see dragons such as Mints, Guardians and Water Walkers along side the Fog dragon up for vote. I am in hopes that the Fog is the one chosen.

I do hope to participate this year no matter which is chosen, but in my opinion the ones listed up there are not the worst offenders.

In my opinion, to have two breeds would work against the point of the contest, to target one breed and try to make it rarer. Plus, the only-one-breed thing has always been something that set the contest apart from other common/blocker hoarding projects.

Yeah but there is so many more of us doing the holly contest than when it first started, so maybe it wouldn't be bad to start thinking about doing 2 breeds

Voted for GSD. Honestly, I see them and I want to get them, but I can never get myself to grab them. Plus, they block their biome a lot, so we might as well clear them out. But I'll be happy with anything! (First year, woo!)

EDIT WITH QUESTION: So... I'm assuming the thread will either change or we'll get a new thread once the poll's complete. Is that right?

Edited by CafeNaRigara

Yeah but there is so many more of us doing the holly contest than when it first started, so maybe it wouldn't be bad to start thinking about doing 2 breeds

I actually really love the idea of having 2 breeds. Yet in the end I just dont feel it is good option for several reasons, at least not presently.

As Ptep already mentioned this is one of the things that sets it apart from the others.

I personally think it is fun and rewarding to see the impact it has in-game. Increasing it to two, I am sure you will still see an impact, it just would be lessened. (in theory by half)

Actually this year the number of participants dropped. Especially the number of dragons collected.

Last year was 93

This year was 80

2012 - 9100 BBW

2013 - 20,022 Spitfires

2014 - 19,966 Purple Dorsals

2015 - 11,206 Flamingos

So if anything this really is not the year to implement it. I do like the idea so much though that I will keep it in mind for future.

I never realized The Holly Contest had so many participants! ohmy.gif

That's a lot of dragons, too!

I should get my husband to join in the next one tongue.gif

WOW! That's a lot of collected dragons! I didn't realize the contest had such an effect on the cave ohmy.gif

Based on the past couple of days, I have seen more Fog or gray dragons than I have seen GSDs in the AP and biomes. Also, I rarely see GSDs in the AP (which is where they should be if they are not picked up in the cave right?).

I am hoping Fog will win the poll, whenever the poll ends =p I cannot remember how long the poll is open.

Ooh! Looks like they are tied as of right now *crossing fingers and hoping for storms*

I've seen a lot more Storms in the AP and Cave lately, and in fact have been catching just a few :3