Lemniscate

Dreams

Moved to new thread~! Go here!

You stand before a large array of doors. Some are fancy, some are old, some are even broken. But the one thing they all have in common are the labels they bear. A scaly teal door with pulsing lines reads "Tourmaline", while another smooth silver door reads "The Silver Pool". As you walk down the seemingly endless hallway of doors, you read their labels. A few are seemingly nonsense, and a few are amazingly descriptive. The sound of footsteps draws your attention as you notice others like you wandering around the hall also. Suddenly, a flash of light reveals a slab of rock in the middle of the hall. Everyone scrambles over to read the slab, and a few arguments erupt from the tightly packed crowd.

You have never seen the language written on the slab, yet you are able to understand it easily. It says:

"Before you are a series of challenges. Some will be easy, and others difficult. You are to complete them all in order to proceed. Once you have completed the objective set forth in a particular level, a door will appear. Walk through the door to continue. If you manage to walk through the final door, you will be rewarded with immense power, enough to make your wildest dreams come true. However, if you die during one of the challenges... you will not be able to return. There are no time limits, and you may explore the particular setting of a challenge after you've completed it. However, you will not be permitted to return to any previous challenges, nor will you be able to return to your homes once you have entered."

When you finish reading, the slab grows into a door. It is a sleek glass door that opens automatically when you walk near it. Do you choose to enter?

--------- Info ---------

You are a challenger transported to a magical hall of doors. Your job is to complete all the challenges so that you may earn what you desire. Each character is required to have something they need that cannot be easily obtained. They are going through these trials in order to obtain that thing. You can be any character from anywhere as long as you meet that single requirement. I'm choosing not to use a standard character sheet and allow you guys to use your own character sheets. Please don't make unreasonably minimal character sheets though.

Every couple of posts, I will post an event that will progress the story further. I will also RP the various NPCs you will encounter. The rooms will be kind of quest like with an objective that needs to be fulfilled. It doesn't matter who completes the objective, as long as someone does.

Sheets so far (to be made prettier once I can get on the computer):

Name: Delia Plaskett

Species: Robot

Powers: Aside from holograms, she's created to exert enough force to cut steel.

Username: Thaelasan

Character Name: Emperor Lokus De Volus Ferellian

Personality: The demon king of another world, Lokus is a brutal and tyrannical leader, giving no regards to life or the existences of others beyond those who serve him. His desires are above all others, unless his beloved succubus asks for something, then... he is a bit more lenient. He wishes to aid no one, unless aiding them shall further his own ends. He also demands obedience, and those who turn upon him may find him a very violent man.

Appearance: Clad in the black, silver armor crafted by his finest blacksmiths, Lokus is a regal and intimidating archdemon. Horns of black and red curve from his skull. Black hair falls down his shoulders, braided in some areas. A crown of black and gold fits perfectly and tightly over his horns, signifying his status. A cloak of purple casts down his backside, flowing as he moves. A greatsword, forged of some ancient, unknown material lies sheathed on his back next to one similar to it. His face is shaven save a small bit of hair on his chin. Wings span from his backside, black and mighty. A tail follows suit, tufted with a small bit of fur. He stands at 7'4". His eyes are purple.

History: His people were once a coalition of rabble and pagans against a god they feared and adored. Yet this god was no god, but a man who had attained power beyond imagining and used it to become an idol, a greedy monument to the avarice of man, who demanded their objects of wealth and enslaved them to his own desires.

Lokus, furious at this "self-imposed" god and finally realizing his true nature, amassed an army and stormed his cathedral, decapitating the god in a brutal coup and taking his power for his own. He erected an empire on the remains of that god's broken temple, as a testament to future lords.

"There is no god but the gods we know in the heavens." Lokus said to his people, holding his hands out to the sky. "And we will not work for a man who demands our sweat and blood, but for they who watch us from above. Serve me well, men and women of the under planes. Serve me, and I will give you all you desire."

True to his word, the nature of the kingdom changed entirely. Within the span of a century, the world went from a black pit of pain and suffering to an empire worthy of a king to lead it. During this time, Lokus was approached by a succubus, one of his own generals who had helped him usurp the king. He had been enamored by her, and to take her as his queen was only fitting.

Desires: Meaning to his existence. Years have passed, yet it feels as though he no longer has purpose, has something to seek. His life as a king feels meaningless.

Character Name: Empress Syllana Ferrellian

Personality: Devious and sly, Syllana was quick to gain power during the rise of Lokus, knowing that his strength and strategic mind would gain her favor. Her life has an empress has not changed her much, as she is still the quiet-speaking, enticing maiden she was before she married her husband.

However, her facade masks a hot-blooded warrior, worthy of the title of general. She despises the weak and the unfit, those too frightened to battle for what they truly want.

Appearance: She wears a suit of armor to compliment the armor her husband wears, yet without metal over her arms and legs. Instead, she wears leather straps, and a dress over her bottom half to hide the armor behind it. Her horns are less pronounced, slender and elegant. Her wings are curved, and noble. Her tail is a bit shorter than Lokus'. She is only 6'9", as she is not an archdemon as Lokus is.

History: Lokus' call to action was not unheard. Alongside many others who shared his sentiments, he built a great army. But that army needed leaders, those who would answer him without question, without mercy.

Enter the legendary Syllana, a succubus notorious for winning the hearts of many and gaining political power through her wiles. But, for once, she had laid down her red dress and seductive aura for a blade and a mind to fight. Confused, the men gave her weird glances, but Lokus saw within her promise, and immediately promoted her to one of his generals.

No one really knew why he trusted her so much, when so many had been corrupted by her before. Some suggested she had already used her abilities on him, making him her own. But Lokus did not seem controlled, and many doubted he could even be swayed so easily.

Upon his victory, she returned some years later without being halted by his guards, finding him within his new castle, and proposed herself to him as a possible candidate to be his queen.

Whether she truly possesses his heart or not remains a mystery.

Desires: Her husband's desires align with her own, yet whatever she TRULY wants is an enigma. For now, she seems content to follow him around, even into this land that seems cursed by some strange, magical force.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

((Hmmm... If you manage to convey the character enough through an intro post, then you may do that instead. I might ask you to still make a small sheet though. And nonono the line break isn't what I mean at all! xd.png I really meant the winter break, but since there seems to be some interest now I'll edit my post.))

((Okay, thanks!))

---------

A robotic female stepped through the crowd, scanning the stone tablet with her camera-eye and transcribing it to memory. From far away, it would be hard to identify her dyed purple-red hair as silicon, which Delia now brushed over that same eye to hide any trace of her unhumanity. She turned down the corners of her mouth a bit and narrowed her eyes.

Back then, where she came from, she would've been worth millions. An inanimate object, brought to life and given a human form- somehow,- and as intelligent and as emotional as the real deal. Nowadays her kind was everywhere, even beyond the city-state that commanded her, practically outnumbering humans. I was still the first one. Thought Delia with a certain satisfaction. And no one resembles me. Another truth, though diminished as no two robots are alike.

She quickly got out of the way of the crowd, which would soon start moving toward those doors. Thank goodness wire is faster than nerves; the information on that slab was comprehended within less than a second. A feeling of superiority swept her as she examined the closest people/creatures to her. They weren't from her world. Her world was flesh and steel and occasionally feather, scales, or fur, no magic- hang on, no garish displays of magic. The robot did run on what seemed to be an unlimited supply of energy, but she dismissed it like dismissing notifications.

She knew that the task at hand would probably be messy, but that didn't sway her from keeping her slim, rouge dress on. If she added her saber, the superiors would consider it her uniform. Almost everything she wore followed a color scheme of rouge-black-white and, in her eyes, both real and camera, a little bit of blue in the iris. Her shoes were black, her undershirt peeking out in the sleeves, white. All makeup followed that same purple-red color. Only her skin had a natural color to it, deluding onlookers unless they saw the palms of her hands- screens made for producing holograms. Her superiors provided her with gloves for this. She ignored those.

She was a combat-oriented robot. One of her two robotic friends also was used for combat, though, with a sigh, he preferred serving their master to fighting. He would've been better for this job. The other, the most human, was a more supportive type, taking care of any living thing. She had recently heard that this latter friend was becoming a doctor. No surprise there, her human-

Delia stopped there and restarted. Her human- a young girl, too- fell in love with the city she lived in. That was why the robot was sent here, to save said city from crushing debt, although, and Delia wouldn't admit this to anyone else, she was really here to gain a true human form. She would be missing in action, send a death report, anything, and start anew.

Delia turned away from the crowd to summon a holographic spear. It was possible, with her design, to make the light real and touchable. Of course, even with that weird unlimited energy supply, it took a lot out of her and threatened to put her into conserve power mode. She didn't even need to create something, she had a sheathed sword with her, but... even when intangible, her weapon of choice looked threatening.

The robot straightened up, as if doing the salute, and marched through the glass door.

((----SHEET----

Name: Delia Plaskett

Species: Robot

Powers: Aside from holograms, she's created to exert enough force to cut steel.

Kinda don't want to restate what I just wrote.))

Edited by serce2

(( Interesting... very.. very interesting...

Very very interesting indeed.

An anime picture... a game... a trial.

It's almost as if I'm looking into another version of myself. I love it. I crave it.

You have gained my attention. But I see no character sheet.

Do you wish for me to make my own? ))

(( Oh, no I saw that, sir. Trust me, I saw it.

I was just hoping I wouldn't have to do it. Ah well. I'll return later with a sheet, I suppose.

And, behold, my sheets.

They manifest.

Character Name: Emperor Lokus De Volus Ferellian

Personality: The demon king of another world, Lokus is a brutal and tyrannical leader, giving no regards to life or the existences of others beyond those who serve him. His desires are above all others, unless his beloved succubus asks for something, then... he is a bit more lenient. He wishes to aid no one, unless aiding them shall further his own ends. He also demands obedience, and those who turn upon him may find him a very violent man.

Appearance: Clad in the black, silver armor crafted by his finest blacksmiths, Lokus is a regal and intimidating archdemon. Horns of black and red curve from his skull. Black hair falls down his shoulders, braided in some areas. A crown of black and gold fits perfectly and tightly over his horns, signifying his status. A cloak of purple casts down his backside, flowing as he moves. A greatsword, forged of some ancient, unknown material lies sheathed on his back next to one similar to it. His face is shaven save a small bit of hair on his chin. Wings span from his backside, black and mighty. A tail follows suit, tufted with a small bit of fur. He stands at 7'4". His eyes are purple.

History: His people were once a coalition of rabble and pagans against a god they feared and adored. Yet this god was no god, but a man who had attained power beyond imagining and used it to become an idol, a greedy monument to the avarice of man, who demanded their objects of wealth and enslaved them to his own desires.

Lokus, furious at this "self-imposed" god and finally realizing his true nature, amassed an army and stormed his cathedral, decapitating the god in a brutal coup and taking his power for his own. He erected an empire on the remains of that god's broken temple, as a testament to future lords.

"There is no god but the gods we know in the heavens." Lokus said to his people, holding his hands out to the sky. "And we will not work for a man who demands our sweat and blood, but for they who watch us from above. Serve me well, men and women of the under planes. Serve me, and I will give you all you desire."

True to his word, the nature of the kingdom changed entirely. Within the span of a century, the world went from a black pit of pain and suffering to an empire worthy of a king to lead it. During this time, Lokus was approached by a succubus, one of his own generals who had helped him usurp the king. He had been enamored by her, and to take her as his queen was only fitting.

Desires: Meaning to his existence. Years have passed, yet it feels as though he no longer has purpose, has something to seek. His life as a king feels meaningless.

Character Name: Empress Syllana Ferrellian

Personality: Devious and sly, Syllana was quick to gain power during the rise of Lokus, knowing that his strength and strategic mind would gain her favor. Her life has an empress has not changed her much, as she is still the quiet-speaking, enticing maiden she was before she married her husband.

However, her facade masks a hot-blooded warrior, worthy of the title of general. She despises the weak and the unfit, those too frightened to battle for what they truly want.

Appearance: She wears a suit of armor to compliment the armor her husband wears, yet without metal over her arms and legs. Instead, she wears leather straps, and a dress over her bottom half to hide the armor behind it. Her horns are less pronounced, slender and elegant. Her wings are curved, and noble. Her tail is a bit shorter than Lokus'. She is only 6'9", as she is not an archdemon as Lokus is.

History: Lokus' call to action was not unheard. Alongside many others who shared his sentiments, he built a great army. But that army needed leaders, those who would answer him without question, without mercy.

Enter the legendary Syllana, a succubus notorious for winning the hearts of many and gaining political power through her wiles. But, for once, she had laid down her red dress and seductive aura for a blade and a mind to fight. Confused, the men gave her weird glances, but Lokus saw within her promise, and immediately promoted her to one of his generals.

No one really knew why he trusted her so much, when so many had been corrupted by her before. Some suggested she had already used her abilities on him, making him her own. But Lokus did not seem controlled, and many doubted he could even be swayed so easily.

Upon his victory, she returned some years later without being halted by his guards, finding him within his new castle, and proposed herself to him as a possible candidate to be his queen.

Whether she truly possesses his heart or not remains a mystery.

Desires: Her husband's desires align with her own, yet whatever she TRULY wants is an enigma. For now, she seems content to follow him around, even into this land that seems cursed by some strange, magical force.

))

Edited by Thaelasan

((You're accepted. Realized I forgot to put a sheet section, so I'll update once I get home from school.))

(( No problem at all. I just had no idea the limits or extent of characters you desired.

Demons, angels, humans, cyborgs... thankfully they seemed to birth themselves as always.

Also, you know what, I really wish to give Lokus... some energy.

))

Gods.. and men.

A god is a being beyond mortal comprehension, beyond all things which the mind could grasp, an intangible web of spinning ethereal existence and sentience, power beyond wildest imagining. A being who could destroy worlds with a wave of a hand, consume land in water, raise and lower tides at will, move the planets with single motions. A god is any being who does things mortals cannot explain.

When the Greeks saw acts they considered miraculous, they gave it a god. When the Aztecs saw things beyond reason, they gave it a god. When the Mayans or the Egyptians beheld awe-inspiring feats or how nature acted, they created gods.

On a world, far beyond our own, a world so close to its own sun that the burning heat scalded the world and made it impossible for life to survive, a single, burning creature spurted from the magma and lava of the broken surface and struggled to live. A single word burned in its feeble, but determined sentience.

"Exist."

Others followed. Evolution occurred. A grand amount of time passed. Centuries of manifested life going from generation to generation until finally ending at a present day. But these creatures were not graceful, beautiful, or elegant.

Existence on their world had led them to become fierce, devilish creatures, with features akin to the demons of mythology. Predatory claws and longer hair. Wings they had evolved along with a tail to fly along the hot air of their world to seek their prey. And somehow, along that path, they had evolved a form of sentience, understanding.

"We are alive, and we are powerful. We exist, and we are the strongest. Others die, so that we may live."

But even they, who deemed themselves so mighty and strong for existing on such a burned and corrupted world, feared beings beyond them. They had people they praised... Or rather, something beyond people.

They, during the course of their existence, had stumbled upon the remnants of a civilization so technologically advanced that they could only see them as one thing - one thing that could be the only explanation for such wild and miraculous science.

Gods.

Vikwun. A word in their tongue which meant Flame, Strength, Power, and Heat. A word which, if a single letter of their writing was replaced, also meant Forge.

In English, the word meant Crucible.

This was the word they had used to give their planet a name. This word, which signified something upon which one could create, was the calling of their homeworld. Their race was diverse, and many species of the same creature lived and moved amongst the buildings and roads of the multiple empires. Many tongues were spoken. Many goods were shared. To humanity, they would seem to only be a darker version of themselves, currently undergoing the technological feudal era, but somehow, different.

Within their temples, thirteen gods stood, watching over them - seven male, and six female, but they didn't truly know their gender. Their pictures were based on pictures found in an ancient text in a strange, glowing machine that one of the creatures had stumbled upon and been deemed a messiah. His face was also immortalized below them, forever remembered as a prophetic hero when he was merely a man who had been at the right place at the right time.

See as the camera pans down the walls of the temple vaults. Imagine, if you will, the scent of burning incense in the air, strong with the scent of what could be close to the scent of cloves. Notice the absence of dust on the glass and statues, tended to so diligently by ten priestesses and ten priests, each day, as part of their ceremonies. Hear the sounds in the distance of the town, and realize that none of those sounds are allowed to enter here, a place of worship and sacred rituals.

And finally, all of this ends as all eyes rest upon a single, black-armored being, hulking, kneeling with his right hand firmly gripping an ebony sword that sits before him. His long hair pours over his face to hide his expression. His great wings are folded upon his back. A golden crown is barely visible from the mass of horns and hair. There is nothing but silence. Yet, somehow, it is very, painfully loud.

The being stands to his feet, the armor making metallic noises as it slightly moves upon his form. To a human, he would appear as a demon within a church, a devil within the house of god. But to those of this world, he was far, far more righteous. He lifted his blade back to his backside, putting it away as he stood before the glass mosaic that depicted the messiah, Callipesi of the Glowing Light, bearing the strange construct which had given all demons their gods. If one were to pay attention, they would notice that the demonic being standing here resembled Callipesi in a way.

He turned away from the glass and began to step out of the church, his cloak flying behind him.

Only less than a hundred years hence, this demon had made his name here in this very Cathedral. Its significance had been so great that he had erected his entire castle around it in the years following. His kingdom, born of the sin of a false prophet, a false god. This, is where it had all happened.

His name was Lokus - Lokus De Volus Ferrellian. Volus, of course, meant in their tongue "Emperor", "Noble Blood", or "Ascended." Ironically, he sometimes mused, his name meant "Exile" or "Forgotten One."

At one point, he'd had another name, but that name had quickly been replaced following Lokus' words against the previous king. At the time, he had been shunned as a heretic. Now, he was hailed as a hero. He found it fitting.

Less than a hundred years ago.... Still, it weighed heavily on his mind. It was almost as if he still lived in that climactic moment. Ten years of war and battle, a grand coup staged almost as a chess game. The loyalists and religious had stood against him. The poor and the noble had stood with him. But as time passed and it waged on, more realized his cause was just.

And finally, within that grand cathedral, he had found the previous king, a man who had deemed himself a god, enacting unfair rules and strict laws upon his people and stating it was "for the heavens." A man driven mad, believing his own lies. A sick, twisted, pitiful wretch.

No being like that could be a god.

"All men are avaricious and sinful beings! All of us! You think you do the work of a hero, but all you do is taint your hands in the blood of a god! You are DAMNED, Lokus! Damned to the end! Your soul is blacker than you can imagine! I can see it! I can see it! With these eyes!"

Their confrontation had led to the decapitation of that god and the rewriting of several pages of history. His name would be forgotten. His legacy would be forgotten. The man himself would be forgotten. And it was all part of making sure that the world changed, without him ever having been a part of it.

All according to Lokus' grand plan.

But now, he felt empty. A hundred years after that, a betrothal and marriage to a glorious demon woman who suited him. Men and women who would die for him. And yet he still felt as though something was missing. Something, a purpose he could not identify.

Dreams for the past few nights had haunted him. Dreams of him losing his crown and dying. But that was not what had frightened him.

What frightened him was that the DREAMS didn't frighten him. The idea of death, losing his crown, being shamed... he didn't care. It didn't touch him as it should have. Was it because he was simply too brave, or had nothing to lose? The crown should have meant more to him, he assumed, but he couldn't grasp that idealism.

He was so lost in thought that he didn't notice the woman before him until her arms were around him, stopping him in his steps. He looked up slightly.

No one else would have dared to even come close to him. No one else would have ever tried to touch him, speak to him, lest they cross him. But this woman feared none of that. Lokus doubted she feared anything, if he really thought about it. Even before they were engaged, she had always been the same.

"News then?" Lokus finally asked, his arms falling to his sides. He did not return the embrace. He merely sighed.

The woman gave him a forlorn gaze but it was quickly replaced by a bright one. She flapped her wings slightly as she pondered the question.

"I was not aware that a wife was required to bring news whenever she wished to see her husband." the woman replied, putting a finger to her chin mockingly. "I thought that was the job of a herald. Have you reduced me to such a task?"

"I may consider it."

"How rude." she placed her hands on her hips. "My talent would go to waste delivering messages. Besides, that's so boring compared to the joys of being an empress."

"Yes, because speaking to the other lands and arguing politics is something to celebrate." Lokus replied, beginning to walk again. The woman ran in front of him, stopping him.

"Yes... dear..?" Lokus added the last part very reluctantly.

"May I remind you that it should be a husband's privilege to entertain his significant other when she is bored or feeling out of sorts?" this woman, Syllana, crossed her arms. "You've been like this often recently."

"I apologize then." Lokus replied bluntly.

"And you say that as well. You're more depressed right now than a man forced to live on a torn blanket and bare scraps." Syllana commented. "Did something happen that I'm just not aware of? You do know you can talk to me about such matters, correct?"

"Yes, I do. But..."

"But?"

Lokus leaned down to her level, his eyes grave.

"I fear how you will react when you hear it, my love." he said.

"Have you been having some form of adulterous affair?" her eyes were playful.

"Please be serious." Lokus grimaced. "No... I ..."

He thought for a long moment.

"I have no idea what life should mean any longer."

The two of them were silent for a long time. Finally, she put a hand to her face, sighing.

"You're the emperor of a kingdom, the protector of gods, the chosen warrior. You're married and have anything most of our kind could only dream of having. Yet you feel... as though life has no meaning?" Syllana put a hand on her side. "Are you stupid? Did some seer talk to you or something and give you funny ideas?"

"No."

"This is a real feeling? This isn't a joke?"

"No."

"I really don't know what to think about this." Syllana considered it for a long time, scratching her hair nonchalantly. "Out of all the men in this world, for YOU to feel that sort of thing.. It makes no sense. What exactly do you mean?"

"I feel as though I've lost... purpose." Lokus replied, trying to find words. "As though the goal I had in my life is gone. What is there beyond being king, beyond being ruler? What is there beyond giving to my people what they desire? They are pleased. They are content. I did what I was meant to do. But I feel as though there is nothing left to accomplish."

"That makes more sense." Syllana crossed her arms. "But what do you propose-"

There it was.

The door.

As the both of them stared in utter disbelief, a shining, glass door appeared before them. A few onlookers stopped and stared as time went on. One of the priests happened to catch it as he was looking out of the temple.

Many eyes were on the iridescent threshold which had materialized before them both. There was nothing behind it or in front of it. A silver handle was clearly visible on it. But that's not what caught Lokus' attention.

His reflection, in the glass, was almost the opposite of himself. Both he and Syllana were wearing silver armor rather than black. His cloak was elegant, beautiful. His horns were tended to. His crown was even more glorious. Her hair was tied. Her appearance was utterly divine. And both of them were pleased, happy... content.

"What sort of witchcraft is this? Who... who summoned this thing?" Lokus asked, almost demanding. "Who.. Who brought this vision before me?!"

"There was no magic used nearby, darling." Syllana assured him, laying a hand on his shoulder. "Nothing. No one summoned this."

"...Then..."

"It's a sign! A sign of the end times!" a man nearby shouted, hysterical.

"Or maybe an omen of good tidings? Some things don't have to mean evil, especially not something so beautiful..." a woman said from next to him. Many of the people in the crowd began to speak as more people stepped closer.

"....Well what are you waiting for, my king?" Syllana finally said, turning to him and laying a hand on his. "We both know what you wish to do."

"....But... the kingdom... the people..."

"Will be fine without us." Syllana assured, placing his hand on the door handle. "But you won't so long as we stay here. And I will be with you. I would rather you were a poor man who smiled than a rich man who did not."

"Very well.." Lokus' face filled with sudden resolve. He grasped the handle firmly, pulling down upon it so that the door clicked.

Light shone from within as it began to open. Some people looked away. But Lokus and Syllana did not. To them, it wasn't painful - it was warm. It was welcoming.

If you truly wish for things to change, then you may enter.

A voice seemed to speak in Lokus' mind. He did not know if Syllana heard it. He stepped over the threshold, her foot following his. Soon, they entered the borders of the door, and it began to close behind them.

The last sight of his world and hers faded behind them both as a soft click noted that they were now in a place far beyond it.

And they were not sure when they would return.

Finally, they began to look around to try and make sense of this new area...

Edited by Thaelasan

((@Thaelasan, dang, how do you write that much?

@Silver, Will there be an event that will tie the characters together/give us something to react to, or will characters be in groups?))

Edited by serce2

((Perhaps I will add a character later today. I'd like to know as well: will the characters meet up or is this an individual quest?))

((All the characters will conveniently end up in one group. All challengers get sorted into groups and sent to a door, so you won't meet other groups by accident. The first few challengers are kind of like "weeding out" challenges, after the number of challengers decreases it'll be individual. I'm waiting to post for now.

Thaelasan, is the glass door the slab? Or what leads them to the room with the slab? Just need to know for my post.))

(( People have asked me that question a lot. All I can say is that when I'm inspired and have free-range to write - and some good music and time - I can create something like that in little under... thirty minutes? Maybe a bit more?

It's just a lot of practice... and the fact I talk so much anyway. Ah well.

EDIT: @Silver, I was leaving that up to you. Personally, I believed it was leading them TO the slab, but if it helps you more, it could be the slab. Either way.

My next post was going to be about them finding it. I was going to CONTINUE my post, but it was already going long enough. :3

Also, another EDIT:

This is the fifth time I've read my intro and the line

"We are alive, and we are powerful. We exist, and we are the strongest. Others die, so that we may live."

still gets me.

I still don't believe sometimes that I write things.

)) Edited by Thaelasan

((Colors are just to distinguish, it has nothing to do with the characters.))

As soon as Delia stepped through the glass door, she entered a free floating area of darkness. There seemed to be a ground, though it was the same as its surroundings, so it was hard to tell. This effect wasn't helped by the apparent lack of gravity, as Delia seemed to float slowly forward. For a moment, there was silence. Then an neutral voice resonated in the space. "You are now being paired in a group... Please wait and do not panic." It was neither male nor female, and had no emotional tone to its words. After a while of darkness, the space seemed to change, varying its colors slightly. "Materializing world... if you are capable of teleporting, please do not attempt to do so." The world began to become more solid, but after that nothing happened for a while. The lack of gravity had also abruptly ended, so Delia could explore the vague foggy mass around her.

Lokus and Syllana had arrived at the slab. Being a little later to the party, the slab was only visible for a brief time to them, if they could even push past the crowd. However, the crowd thinned noticeably once the slab became a door, and a voice began repeating what the slab had said. It was a strange voice, neutral in every way. Some would be uncomfortable with it, but if they were, they hid their annoyance as no displays of anger were shown. It seemed to speak at just the right intervals and speed to be brisk yet not annoying. A few lost souls were at this point looking for an exit, and an exit did appear. It was a small blue glowing rune in the ground, clearly marked with an exit sign written in the same language as the slab. The majority of the crowd was now centered there, allowing for one to enter the door without much hassle or attention.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

(( I'm sorry but Silver I don't understand what's going on. I already entered the glass door. What crowd and lost souls are here? Am I in a room surrounded by other people who entered this door in other timelines? ))

((I made the door you entered first the door that led to the slab, since you said either works. My apologies for now making much sense, I've never done this style of RP before and I'm currently still half dead from not enough sleep.))

((Sorry for all these questions, I'll delete most of my ooc posts to clear up the clutter, but...

Do we make up the surrounding environment? Or do you reveal it to us?))

He brushed away a thin layer of dust that had covered the slab, ignoring the rest of the crowded individuals who also seemed to have come here to see it. But they did not concern him. He did notice, however, that many of them wore clothes that signified they were not of his realm. It mattered little.

"Syllana... this language here. This isn't of Vikwun, is it?" Lokus asked, turning slightly. She stepped to his side, peering down at the slab with curiosity.

"No... this isn't of any of the provinces, not even of Baelun or the Outer Reaches." Syllana stated surely, standing back to her full height. "I don't even think any of our dead languages match it."

"Then how are we able to read it?" Lokus asked, concerned.

"Beats me." Syllana shrugged. "I may have been a scholar but that doesn't mean I studied every tongue in our lands. You do realize that the civil wars left many tongues dead and lost to us forever?"

"Of course. A shame." Lokus stared back down at the slab, intrigued.

"Before you are a series of challenges. Some will be easy, and others difficult. You are to complete them all in order to proceed. Once you have completed the objective set forth in a particular level, a door will appear. Walk through the door to continue. If you manage to walk through the final door, you will be rewarded with immense power, enough to make your wildest dreams come true. However, if you die during one of the challenges... you will not be able to return. There are no time limits, and you may take as long as you need to finish a challenge."

Immense power....

Lokus crossed his heavy arms, pondering for a long while just what this stone edifice could mean. Who was offering these challenges, creating this "game" or "contest", as it were? For them to be able to cross worlds meant their technology was far superior to Vikwun's. To Lokus, that could only mean they were just as Vikwun's gods.

"By Avalor." Lokus breathed, realization dawning on him.

"Lokus!" Syllana frowned. "Why on earth would you incite the name of the Broken one?"

"Look around you, Syllana. Look at these people. Look at us! Whoever gathered this group here... their magical might would rival even Muwan, I'm sure of it!"

"What insanity...." Syllana mused. "If that's true... then certainly such technology belongs in the hands of our empire of Calden. Anyone else would not be able to use it to its fullest extent. My lord, I think you've found the... meaning you've been looking for."

"As in?" Lokus asked, turning back to the slab. She laid both hands upon his shoulders, straining her height and placing herself against him.

"Behold, my beloved, your new adventure... OUR... new adventure." she whispered. "Imagine your triumphant return to Calden, bearing such raw power. Would you not be the same as your ancestor, Callipesi? No, even BETTER than he!"

"Syllana, that's-"

"Do not say that is heresy when it is truth, Lokus." Syllana hissed, backing away from him slightly. "It is not greed or pride speaking my words. It is me. You would be bringing a boon to our people that no one has seen in over a millennium. This must be the divine providence of the gods, to choose us as the ones to undertake this endeavor. Surely, we have been chosen."

She poked his chest, smiling.

"Besides, who could make a challenge that we together could not overcome? No one. We have slain a god. We have ended a reign of terror that no other man would dared have done. We have won numerous skirmishes and conflicts with both might and magic. There is no one - NO ONE ELSE - on our world capable of what we are capable of. Believe me when I say, my king, that we are the strongest pair our world has to offer.

Lokus was silent for a long while, frowning as he thought heavily upon this subject.

"Syllana, I'm not going to become the king I killed. I swore this. If indeed we do bring back this technology or magic... whatever it is, I am not going to claim to be a god. Neither of us will. Ambassador perhaps. But not prophet or messiah. I am a mortal, nothing more, nothing less. I bleed. I love. I hate. And I fear. To make my people believe I am divine would be to make them believe less of our gods if I am of their ilk. Is that clear?"

The two of them stared at each other for a long time before she ran her hand through her hair, sighing.

"Of course, of course." she shrugged. "I was not saying at all that we should try to become THAT, that wretched husk of a man. But we should at least say we were CHOSEN by the gods. You cannot say this is just mere flick of fortune or coincidence. No sane man could."

"I would not. And if that's what we will say, then I will gladly say it. But I am not Callipesi."

"No. You're not. You're far more honorable than your promiscuous ancestor, and I would like to say far more handsome." She placed a hand under his chin, grinning.

"Many men said I was a fool to choose you. When you do things like this, I wish to see them hanged." Lokus smiled, taking her hand gently in his own. "Very well."

He turned back to the slab, then stood at his full height, determined.

"I, Emperor Lokus De Volus Ferrellian, King of Calden, Lord of the Seven Forges, Hand of the Outer Reaches, the Flamebearer, and the Ebony Blade, accept the challenges held before me with certainty, alongside my wife."

Syllana stepped forward as well.

"I, Empress Syllana Ferrellian, Queen of Calden, Lady of the Inferno, Mistress of the Damned Ones, the Blade of Na'Thun, the Valiant Red-Angel, and the Whisper of Smoke, accept the challenges held before me without question, alongside my husband."

As soon as they had finished speaking, the slab began to transform. The pair of them did not move as the glass door formed before them. The similar reflection called to them both.

Gods, and men.

The magic contained here... it could only be the work of a god... What man could create this?

Lokus' mind was focused only on this thought. Syllana, however, had both arms around his left arm, holding him firmly.

"My King, your trials await." she said slyly. "It is simply up to you to open the door for us both."

He swallowed after a long moment, steadying his nerves. For once, he felt anxiety. Lokus, the king who had never feared gods or death, now stood before his fate, shaking slightly. Syllana noted this but said nothing, sharing his concern.

"We are alive, and we are powerful. We exist, and we are the strongest. Others die, so that we may live." she said.

"The Creed of Avalor." Lokus muttered. The words had always held true. He placed a hand on the door, feeling the very essence of magic that coursed through it. The door opened silently, only a blackness beyond. He took a deep breath, and stepped into the world beyond....

------

(( OOC! FOR FUTURE REFERENCE!

As we go on, I will be revealing more about the gods and their interactions, but I will start with the nine and their names and aspects.

Avalor, the Betrayer: The eldest and blackest of the gods, Avalor was convicted by his brother, Thaylus, of treachery and deceit and sentenced to exile. He is the god of Exiles, and is held closely by Lokus who believes he is as himself - falsely damned. He is the God of the Inferno.

Thaylus, the Judgement: The second eldest and husband of Naelia, Thaylus is the god of juries, guilt, and innocence. All prisoners are known to pray to Thaylus for help when they are imprisoned. He is also the patron god of Calden.

Naelia, the Spirit: The eldest of the sisters and wife of Thaylus, she is the god of wisdom and purity, the most good-willed of gods. She is the matron of Parus, the city bound to Calden.

Vargus, the Shield: The third brother god and the lord of defense, he is the god of shields and warriors. All battles are won or lost by his creed. His city is one of the most well-protected. He is the patron god of Boras, where all warriors go to train and fight in the Tournament of the Shield.

Nulan'Theal, the Heart: Nulan is an enigma. Some pray to her as a divine of good will, others as a divine of curses. She is only known to be the goddess of emotions of the heart, such as love, hate, envy, lust, and so on. As such, she is both good and evil, and has no true alignment. Her town is filled with brothels and is also known to be a place of gambling. Ironically, her town is also where the most marriages occur. She is the matron of Guwen.

Qua, the Silence: This goddess is unknown. She has no true aspect. When she was discovered, there were no records of what she had done or spoken, so she became the Silent One. Many fear her as perhaps the end of worlds and even stronger than Muwan. She is the matron goddess of the city of the dead, Yun.

Muwan, the World: All gods and goddesses bow to Muwan, lord of elements, lord of might and magic, and lord of all things and nothing. He is the one who created the Shard of Gods, which led to the man who Lokus killed believing himself a divinity. He also created the portals which demons use to go between cities and towns and his magical achievements are supreme. He is the patron god of the great magical city of Baelun.

Guea, the Colorless: Guea has no gender or color, no solid state, but most refer to him as male. He is the god of choice and decision, of balance. He is the patron god of the Outer Reaches, where there are no towns or cities, only nomads who wish to pray and meditate, or battle. A place of both order and chaos suits a god who desires both.

Zuwasu, the Finality: It is believed that Zuwasu and Qua are perhaps the same divinity but nothing is certain. Others protest that Zuwasu is Qua's husband. What is known is that Zuwasu is the only god Muwan treats with respect and is the god of certainty and ends. He is the god of fate. He is the patron god of the city of the dead, Yun, alongside Qua. Yun is the only city with two gods.

)) Edited by Thaelasan

Her frown turned into a full snarl as she stepped through the door. Nothingness? So this is how they kill us. Her spear had long disappeared, ripped into shreds and flung out far by the lack of gravity.

Gravity was something the robot didn't factor in before she came here. Used to Alternate Earth's perfect balance- to her, at least- any small change would have her switch to low-power mode automatically without her overriding it. She did so; she wasn't in space. At least, she didn't think this was space. It didn't feel as cold as space. Her lips parted tentatively to take a breath, but nothing filled her mouth. Thank God I'm not human yet. A small smile creeped upon her.

A quick analysis of the region brought her nothing. No radiation of any sort. Even the upper/lower reaches of the light spectrum, normally omnipresent, escaped her eyes. I'm on a dead world, Delia panicked, and I'm about to die too. Die and be reincarnated as some lowly messenger. This was the first and only time ever that a robot felt fear at a task, beyond or in her knowledge. She couldn't stop. Not now or ever. Her rules were coded simply to prevent any insubordination, and they went: 1. Protect [Midwestern] humans; 2. Follow human [Midwestern] orders; 3... Protect yourself. These were the few things Delia couldn't override. She could argue on orders, but not disobey them.

And she wanted to come here anyways.

This was before she realized that there was ground. That got her thinking..

What if I create some light? She scanned the region with a few quick rays, coming to the same unsettling conclusion; the ground was the sky. The robot tried to bend down and feel the terrain, if it wasn't for the lack of gravity. They've thought of everything.

A voice rang out across the emptiness. "You are now being paired in a group... Please wait and do not panic." A group? What group? I'm not working in a group. The world was beginning to change, beginning to gain color. A fog replaced the darkness. Delia's eyes narrowed in annoyance. That explains why I couldn't scan anything. Also, she couldn't tell, not with the primitive equipment she was equipped with, but was space-time changing? The voice continued on. "Materializing world... if you are capable of teleporting, please do not attempt to do so."

Makes sense. Teleportation didn't bother her, her world never had it. Delia couldn't be bothered by something non-existent when readings began to pick up. Temperature finally registered. Sound waves started to pop up. Light was no longer being torn to shreds, allowing her to form her spear once again.

Her feet touched the ground. She took a few steps into the mass of fog. Aren't there supposed to be other people? Delia was suddenly torn. Do I kill them and get it over with? Or for once, do I work together... to get my goal of course. The fog seemed to be thinning. She weighed her options quickly...

And sent out a piercing ray of light in front of her. They wouldn't know what hit them. If it did and they aren't right behind me.

((Inspiration music:

. I flipped a coin for deciding whether Delia would be aggressive or not. This is going to be interesting, I've only played one other aggressive character before.)) Edited by serce2

((Half half, I would say. I give you a basic outline, you can fill in the details and such. Will edit a post in here later.))