TJ09

2015-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

This might be the route I need to go. As silly as it is, I'm just not comfortable looking at the AP babies, and grabbing a couple just to kill them. Poor innocent eggs. unsure.gif

Which sounds ridiculous, given I have a army of Zombies wandering about. laugh.gif But letting them pass away, peacefully, in their warm and cozy egg after a week has gone by seems much less brutal then selecting an egg, then hacking away at it till it dies.

And sure, I could go that same way now, grab two poor unloved AP eggs, and wait out that week till they pass on, but I barely have the patience for that ONCE a year. Waiting it out every week, or every two weeks?? Not gonna happen. laugh.gif

*wanders off, eyeing her Vamps thoughtfully*

It also helps if you pick eggs of breeds that kill and eat other dragons. Makes me feel a little less evil. xd.png

Also I believe you only need to do it once--they won't revert unless you use the BSA to revert them.

I wonder how being permanently enraged affects their mentality...? This is pretty dark to be honest, poor dragons. But you look so cool this way. ;A;

I guess you have to keep your fingers crossed that the person will keep the dragon enraged/happy. I just made the decision to enrage one of my Aegis dragons and he will be the only one to stay that way.

I think this is what I'm doing, but I'm also contemplating just picking up 2nd Gens that have enraged fathers and working with that...

So many choices now! xd.png

I wasn't quite as sold on the Enraged fellas at first but they're growing on me more and more smile.gif

Edited by Areous

Does anyone know, is there a way to be naughty enough to enrage them without having to kill something?

I suppose if you let an egg or hatchling die by having their time run out or die of sickness/soft shell.

To be honest I still prefer the calm sprite. But the DRAWING of the enraged one, ooph! What a lovely mass of righteous fury. I'm going to have fun describing mine. The first caught is the older brother who stays calm and gentle even in the worst situations while his little brother's an eternal monster of useless fury directed against someone very nasty and very powerful. Should be fun story times. >:'3

Oh wow, I didn't realize there was a BSA. Both of mine have the BSA enabled, but since I have a couple of thousand Vampires on my scroll I always have some dead eggs hanging around cool.gif

I do like both versions of the Aegis, and its a very interesting concept, the way the sprite change works!

I just wish that the more inventive breed mechanics would be saved for unlimited dragons. As it is, between the Solstice sprites, the Mistletoe genders (and miss-genders), and now the Aegis states, Holiday breeding (which is just one breeding per dragon per year in a 7 day window) has become far, far more complicated.

In an unlimited breed, I'd love all the interesting mechanics! In Halloweens, I'd be ok with it, because they aren't limited. In the (highly) CB limited Holiday and Valentines breeds? I'm definitely *not* a fan.

Solstices and Mistletoes, despite being headaches, can be managed. After all, once adult they don't change. But I'm unlikely to do many Aegis lineages in the future, because I can't do the lineage all on my scroll (unless I inbreed), which means that the Aegis lineages are going to be rather unpredictable and randomly changeling in their looks... which is something I generally prefer to avoid in my lineages.

Cheers!

C4.

I like the idea, but I wish that it had been paired with the ability to get more than two of them... I'll be enraging The Judgement Hall because I feel like that'd fit his name better, but I wish I didn't have to choose between just two.

It is a lovely sprite though. I just want more. :v

I only got one of these lovelies... so the question is.... Enraged or calm?

I made my dragon enraged, and look at his code. He is swearing at a honey bee.... laugh.gif

user posted image

Edited by xeyla

oh my! or 'crickey!' as steve would say laugh.gif

these enraged dragons are amazing. i have nothing dead on my scroll, so mine are staying calm, and i intend to keep them that way, but i love the concept.

I had a dead eggie on my scroll, so.... yes, I made mine enraged... for now.

I love these fellas. I can't wait to get them into my breeding project.

Thanks again for a wonderful holiday event, and I look forward to next year.

user posted image

In the presence of naughty behavior, the normally-gentle Aegis flies into an uncontrollable rage.

When enraged, the Aegis dragon smells distinctly of charred earth.

His eyes glow bright red with bloodwrath, and his talons grow long and hooked.

His mane is an untamed, coarse, twiggy mess.

Enraged Aegis dragons will hunt down the object of their anger with destructive intent until the wrongdoer either repents or is killed.

They will remain enraged until such time as someone manages to pacify them.

Oooooooooo awesome... *scuttles off to figure out how the BSA works*

...Hm, mixed feelings. The new sprites are cool, and I was kinda hoping for a BSA, but now that it's around I'm not so sure. If you want to use both in breeding, you're essentially stuck with only one of each CB. If you're trading for a certain lineage type, you have to hope whoever's involved doesn't decide to suddenly make a peaceful Aegis in your future 5g happy Aegis x Frostbite checker angry. It also opens the door for doing similar things with future holiday dragons which I'm not sure is a great idea, considering how very limited the releases are.

Solution: lift the limit on Spirits of the Winter CBs tongue.gif

I wish. Can you imagine if we'd had limits lifted this Christmas? Best Christmas ever even more so. xd.png

A bit too late for these fellas, though.

The boat's already sailed for these guys, sadly. Though it would have been really nice.

Cheers!

C4.

The boat's already sailed for these guys, sadly. Though it would have been really nice.

Cheers!

C4.

No kidding.

I have only ONE of these... so now I have to decide whether he will be calm or angry.

I wish. Can you imagine if we'd had limits lifted this Christmas? Best Christmas ever even more so. xd.png

Yes, I can imagine. And feel a bit frustrated because did not happen.

I'm aware that the boat sailed, was just pointing to another of our favorite suggestions smile.gif Hoping that the lift will happen before something like this happens in the future.

Do zombies count?? If so then the BSA doesn't seem to be working for me, if not then just ignore me!

Do zombies count?? If so then the BSA doesn't seem to be working for me, if not then just ignore me!

It appears to be based on dead eggs/hatchies, not undead hatchies/adults.

In the game when you found the reindeer there was an area to the left with a cave and a cat in front of it. Were we ever able to go over there? Because I don't remember seeing a cat walking around a cave when I took Bord home.

OHHHHHH, a new BSA!! And on a Christmas dragon, too! That is soooo cool. Although I don't have any dead eggs/hatchies and I really never do, so I guess I'll have to have one of my vamps bite an egg in order to see this? Do eggs that ran out of time count?