TJ09

2015-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

o3o

I'm trying to get caught up on the game - does anyone know where I'm supposed to go after I visit the seamstress (who is taking in the mayor's tuxedo)? She said something about somebody digging in a farm to the west but I can't find where I'm supposed to go... I've knocked on pretty much everyone's doors to the west already.

Go to the west of that map page and look for the house with the big garden in back of it. Follow the dirt path to the door. The house doesn't have a visible door to walk thru, but the dirt path leads to it.

Edit: These new Christmas dragons are absolutely stunning. I've been in love with the Snow Angels for a while now but these definitely take the cake. WOW!!

Edited by Ceresia

Mine grow up in 16 hours!!!!

Late Merry Christmas to everyone! I'm looking forward to what next year has in store for us.

Oh man, and the DRAGONS. They're so gorgeous! I definitely have a favorite dragon now. I am SO grateful I got the chance to pick these guys up this year.

There was a specific recolor I was thinking about yesterday that I'd like to see but I don't remember what it was... :/

Wow. The concept art is beautiful!! And thanks for the information about these guys!

Lovely dragon!

I'm saddened that DC has rejected the word "Christmas." Christmas dragons are now just "holiday dragons," and they're no longer the "Spirits of Christmas." They're just winter spirits.

Political correctness gone haywire. "Christmas" is now the c-word. CHRISTMAS! There. I said it.

Wow, I just saw these and they are probably my favorite xmas dragon :o

Love love love

Lovely dragon!

I'm saddened that DC has rejected the word "Christmas." Christmas dragons are now just "holiday dragons," and they're no longer the "Spirits of Christmas." They're just winter spirits.

Political correctness gone haywire. "Christmas" is now the c-word. CHRISTMAS! There. I said it.

I think it's just to show respect for those who have celebrations other than Christian during this time. Which I feel is fine, due to the fact that Christmas is actually the new kid on the block!! Lol...

Winter celebrations in one form or another have been going on for thousands of years, in many countries, and many religions. Christmas itself wasn't really celebrated until around 200 AD. And to further muddy the waters, both biblical AND secular scholars agree that based on biblical reports of events and such, Jesus was most likely born in the summer.

Newly Christianized Rome put it in the winter to counter all those other 'pagan' festivals that occur during this time. So, I think it's not so much "anti-Christmas" but more to respect others. Anyway, Happy Haunakwanzmas!!! laugh.gif

I think it's just to show respect for those who have celebrations other than Christian during this time. Which I feel is fine, due to the fact that Christmas is actually the new kid on the block!! Lol...

Winter celebrations in one form or another have been going on for thousands of years, in many countries, and many religions. Christmas itself wasn't really celebrated until around 200 AD. And to further muddy the waters, both biblical AND secular scholars agree that based on biblical reports of events and such, Jesus was most likely born in the summer.

Newly Christianized Rome put it in the winter to counter all those other 'pagan' festivals that occur during this time. So, I think it's not so much "anti-Christmas" but more to respect others. Anyway, Happy Haunakwanzmas!!! laugh.gif

My sentiments exactly, there are a lot of winter celebrations and Christmas is just one of them. Calling them holiday dragons is more inclusive, whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Pancha Ganapati, Yule, or anything else.

They are just gorgeous really i can not wait to see more grown up.I have named mine King Northern Lights and King Saint Nick. Not sure if they will keep those names unless i can not find better ones. biggrin.gif I guess it is better to have them Holiday dragons since everyone does not celdrate the same like you both said. Ok had to do this their official names are King Nothern Lights Santa Claus and King Nothern Lights Saint Nick i could not help but name these gorgeouse dragons these names.

Edited by Laryal

My two grow up in around 19hrs from now, cannot wait! biggrin.gif

I have named them:

Meritar Christmardu

Slaik Blitzenkane

cool.gif

how am i supposed to finish this game if every time i try to goto the northern mountains, the game freezes and the screen turns gray..

My two grow up in around 19hrs from now, cannot wait! biggrin.gif

I have named them:

Meritar Christmardu

Slaik Blitzenkane

cool.gif

Cool Names mine still have five days ugg you who only have hours left are lucky. Aww man have to log off now getting late.I am worried that if i do not fog my hatchies when i am gone they will get egg bombed with clicks and views.But later i will unfogg them and let my scroll be seen again.

Edited by Laryal

Quick art page as well as a little info on the breed:

user posted image

Aegis Dragon

Aegis Dragons are benevolent, gentle dragons.

They have the ability to fly using magic.

They're fairly large, about the size of an adult elephant when fully grown.

They have short, fine fur covering their bodies.

Their fur and manes are pillowy-soft, like down.

Due to their kind nature, they can't stand seeing something wrong happen.

Being naughty with an Aegis nearby is never a good thing, because that will set one off into a rage that's hard to quell... so make sure to be nice, okay? Not everything is always as it seems.

Oh dear... it seems the Holly was just replaced as my favorite Christmas Dragon happy.gif

I love love love these guys.

Beautiful work, spriters!

Am I the only one suspecting we'll be meeting these creatures in the game at the end? And apologising for any naughty things we did? ^^

I'm really hoping so! I'm hoping for a little sprite to accompany the Solstice in my signature happy.gif

Whooaa, waaait! Look at the silhouette! I'm guessing this dude gets mad if you do the naughty stuff!

The art is fantastic, though. <3

. . .

If your naughty/nice outcome in the game gets you a different dragon, I hope I'm not disappointed that I didn't choose more naughty options! Should have aimed for half/half so I could sway it one way if need be. The silhouette looks really neat! D:

That's a really beautiful dragon! smile.gif

...Though it kinda reminds me of the Christmas dragon I tried to propose for this year to TJ, and I even had the adult sprite and most info all worked out. My attempts at doing so weren't very successful, for some reason.

What do you mean?

Bump just in case:

Quick art page as well as a little info on the breed:

user posted image

Aegis Dragon

Aegis Dragons are benevolent, gentle dragons.

They have the ability to fly using magic.

They're fairly large, about the size of an adult elephant when fully grown.

They have short, fine fur covering their bodies.

Their fur and manes are pillowy-soft, like down.

Due to their kind nature, they can't stand seeing something wrong happen.

Being naughty with an Aegis nearby is never a good thing, because that will set one off into a rage that's hard to quell... so make sure to be nice, okay? Not everything is always as it seems.

The adult is so cool *-*

... But I see him as a fluffy Zinogre X3 *Monster Hunter fan ^^*

Edited by Dragon-Firy

Cool Names mine still have five days ugg you who only have hours left are lucky. Aww man have to log off now getting late.I am worried that if i do not fog my hatchies when i am gone they will get egg bombed with clicks and views.But later i will unfogg them and let my scroll be seen again.

Thanks, Laryal. Good idea to fog your eggs whilst you are sleeping. Sleep well.

It's so hard for me to choose a number 1 favourite dragon and that's after playing for over a year! But this Aegis dragon is definitely in the top three, I'd say!

Ah I hope it has a second form the which dragon you get doesn't depend only our choices. I don't want to choose! Although I'm not sure if I could, think I've done too many good things.