TJ09

2015-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Quick art page as well as a little info on the breed:

user posted image

Aegis Dragon

Aegis Dragons are benevolent, gentle dragons.

They have the ability to fly using magic.

They're fairly large, about the size of an adult elephant when fully grown.

They have short, fine fur covering their bodies.

Their fur and manes are pillowy-soft, like down.

Due to their kind nature, they can't stand seeing something wrong happen.

Being naughty with an Aegis nearby is never a good thing, because that will set one off into a rage that's hard to quell... so make sure to be nice, okay? Not everything is always as it seems.

Oooh, awesome. biggrin.gif

So there IS a point to going the nice route in the game, huh? If only to not disappoint the beauties we got on Christmas ehehe.

Awesome job!!!!

Edit: Also bringing this to the top of this page in case people missed it. xd.png

Edited by zaverxi

...... *drools*

A fluffy elephant!

I need one in my life. I need one on my BED. NAO xd.png

Beautiful!

Gorgeous concept art as always, birdz <3 Love the small details, and the background.

Whooaa, waaait! Look at the silhouette! I'm guessing this dude gets mad if you do the naughty stuff!

The art is fantastic, though. <3

Bleeech I swear I just pointed that out on IIRC! laugh.gif

Along with the "naughty" or "nice" theme, and the description alluding to "not everything is as it seems..."

I've got a theory or two as to his origin and, uh, true nature. ^w^

user posted image

... That shadow's horns, fur, and claws look a bit different, don't they? *coughkrampuscough*...

I would love if this meant it had an alternate form.

The hatchies look really cute haven't seen a full grown one yet xd.png

Are we going to have a raffle this year ?

What absolutely stunningly magnificent gorgeous dragons!!! My new favorite!!! Congratulations are in order to the spriters who put together this masterpiece. Well done birdzgoboom and Odeen. *bow*

Edited by IvoryRaven15

user posted image

Aegis Dragon

Being naughty with an Aegis nearby is never a good thing, because that will set one off into a rage that's hard to quell... so make sure to be nice, okay? Not everything is always as it seems.

Thank you for the additional info about these beautiful beasts and more gorgeous art! <3

Seeing this helped me find names for my Aegises. This year, I drew inspiration from some awesome fantasy flicks (not LoTR again, lol), so I decided to name them Riverlord Haku and Luckbringer Falkor. <3 Looking forward to collecting many more of them for my lineages!

I love these new dragons, they're very beautiful and wicked as all get out.

"Being naughty with an Aegis nearby is never a good thing, because that will set one off into a rage that's hard to quell"

By that description, the names of my new boys seems very appropriate...Krampus and Nutcracker. ha ha

Excellent release, thank you artists. smile.gif

Am I the only one suspecting we'll be meeting these creatures in the game at the end? And apologising for any naughty things we did? ^^

Ugh. Where was it that the guy looking for the dragon temple told you to meet him? I thought he said north, but I can't find him anywhere.

user posted image

... That shadow's horns, fur, and claws look a bit different, don't they? *coughkrampuscough*...

I would love if this meant it had an alternate form.

Georgeous! wub.gif

Maybe there will be the possibility of a "naughty" offspring next year mirroring the shadow! That would be awesome!

Ugh. Where was it that the guy looking for the dragon temple told you to meet him? I thought he said north, but I can't find him anywhere.

Go to the far north and turn east when you reach the Northern Mountain Cave.

Edited by rinoa26

Go to the far north and turn east when you reach the Northern Mountain Cave.

Thank you!

Maybe there will be the possibility of a "naughty" offspring next year mirroring the shadow! That would be awesome!

Maybe it could be a hint towards next years Halloween release? laugh.gif I doubt that, but still, it'd be cool to see what its shadow/"naughty" form looks like :3

Oooohhhh - the DC dragon keepers must have been very, very nice to get such a wonderful dragon for Christmas !

I just love the Aegis - their looks, their description, their name - everything ! They look strong, majestic and friendly at the same time, like the good, wise king that you really don't want to anger by doing evil, because he'll get his sword, lance and armor and show you that kindness doesn't exclude power. Beautifully done !

Thank you so much, TJ, birdz and Odeen !

That background shadow reminds me of Disney's Lion King. In a good way ! The Mufasa/Scar thing. I always admired the art of making the same animal look so much more "good" or "evil" just by having the mane, tail and fur being wavy or spikey, the face and chin rather round/square opposed to (tri)angular and the overall build sturdier or more sinewy. It seems to be the same with these guys.

This naughty/nice thing even made me wonder if TJ was planning to pull another Snow Angel/Sweetling stunt. The users ending up nice in the game getting the nice variant and the naughty ones get the rage monster. wink.gif

But with all the drama that would ensue, and TJ only having two dragons in his post (hatchie+adult) I don't really expect that to happen. But I sure hope we'll meet both versions at the end of the game.

Thank you again, TJ and spriter's, for this wonderful Christmas present !

PS: Can't wait to see the spriter's alts. Perhaps that's where we'll see the angry version... ohmy.gif

PPS: Will his lineage view be changed a little ? At the moment he seems a bit stuck in the left for my taste.

That's a really beautiful dragon! smile.gif

...Though it kinda reminds me of the Christmas dragon I tried to propose for this year to TJ, and I even had the adult sprite and most info all worked out. My attempts at doing so weren't very successful, for some reason. And with this pretty dragon released, I have no hope for the one I have anymore.

But still, it's a really beautiful dragon! I like how the Aegis dragon is of a kind nature. And that fluffy mane! I want to hug it smile.gif

user posted image

Aegis Dragon

Following Zaverxi's good example and bringing it up for those who might have missed it smile.gif

And, just,.... Wow! Birdz and Odeen, I like the dragon's Character! I hope I was nice enough in the mini-game, cause I've got a feeling we might encounter Naughty or Noice in-game at the festival.

/* hurries off to experience more of Jolly Follies */

ETA: Anyone else felt the need to check each and every dragon head and pile of stones, just in case you found something there?

I loved the puzzles and all the different floors in the temple! Great work, artists & designers! I can't wait to see tomorrows addition!

Edited by Sheriziya

IT'S SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE. Also, I think I know what my next DC-themed cross-stitch project will be if the spriters approve...

Oh man, I am totally stalking you if you do! I loved your work with the Solstice! biggrin.gif

o3o

I'm trying to get caught up on the game - does anyone know where I'm supposed to go after I visit the seamstress (who is taking in the mayor's tuxedo)? She said something about somebody digging in a farm to the west but I can't find where I'm supposed to go... I've knocked on pretty much everyone's doors to the west already.