CTosh

Leader Boards

I'm very sure that there is a forum dedicated to records on here but there should be something on your scroll that indicates something, like maybe someone has the most of a certain type of dragon or the most overall clicks. Something of that nature. Idk it sounded cooler in my head

I feel like TJ's record site is enough. Honestly, not enough people are going to hold records to warrant having something special on their scroll to indicate this.

If anything, link the records site somewhere on DC. Not as its own link, but somewhere in help maybe?

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I personally would like to see some form of way to count how many of what dragon a user has, but this is seemingly impossible and must be done by hand. Seeing how many overall dragons one has is nice but being able to accurately have a count of how many of a specific breed one has would be 10 times better.

They have a point though, for overall records for your scroll (they are very general) there is TJ's record site and for more obscure recrds theres the DC records thread.

I personally would like to see some form of way to count how many of what dragon a user has, but this is seemingly impossible and must be done by hand. Seeing how many overall dragons one has is nice but being able to accurately have a count of how many of a specific breed one has would be 10 times better.

Would that be really hard to code? I've had that thought many times before, especially when trying to count all of one breed and I keep messing up!

Would that be really hard to code? I've had that thought many times before, especially when trying to count all of one breed and I keep messing up!

I really have no idea. I asked about such a feature before and was met with answer stating it was not a thing and uncertainty towards something like that being implemented. I would really like to see a feature like that made though. It would be really nice.

While I can understand the impossibility of programming in a check for EVERY record we like to celebrate in the record threads, it would be neat if a few very basic records (most of a certain breed, and most dragons period) were recognized, even if by something as simple as some shiny gold text at the top of the scroll announcing such

While I can understand the impossibility of programming in a check for EVERY record we like to celebrate in the record threads, it would be neat if a few very basic records (most of a certain breed, and most dragons period) were recognized, even if by something as simple as some shiny gold text at the top of the scroll announcing such

But it would have to be updated ALL the time.... ETA And people would keep LOSING that gold text as someone surpassed them, too...

One thing I do like about this game is that it is basically non-competitive. Except among fiendish rare collectors, who I pretty much ignore. xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

I wouldn't like a leaderboard, either. It would kind of put everyone unter pressure to specialize in something so they can hold a record. Thanks, but no thanks.

I would imagine that this would be fairly easy to implement through the API, so maybe you could ask a favorite fan site to implement this. Of course such a function would only consider scrolls of people who had personally allowed the site to scan their scrolls, so maybe wouldn't be "official" enough for you. I think even TJ's records only check people who have had their scroll read in by his site.

As mentioned, the records site already exists. However, I wouldn't be against extra records added to the site. I'm very curious as to what the most commonly owned breed is, or what the record on how many of a bred is owned. If someone owns 4,321 Vine Dragons, then I want to know!

The non-competitive nature of the game is why I like it, so this really doesn't appeal to me. For folks that like to have a goal, the records thread is there for bragging rights without pressuring casual players to feel the need to compete.

One thing I do like about this game is that it is basically non-competitive.

Same here.

No support from me, sorry.

As someone who can control whether or not I feel 'pressured' to be competitive, I like this idea.

Edited by Rakshasa

As someone who can control whether or not I feel 'pressured' to be competitive, I like this idea.

Oh so can I. But I care about others less fortunate. Those who want to play this kind of game - why not start a thread to compete among yourselves.

No. The thing I like about this game is that it's non-competitive.

Doing anything like this would turn it into a competition. Keep your own records.

Personally, I find the DC Records thread as much competition as I need, even if it may be a little overwhelming for the current thread. I'm really not competing against anyone else, just my personal goals. TJ's site works well, too, for a few of the possible records.

I don't care about a leaderboard, but I WOULD like an OFFICIAL way to count how many of a certain breed I have. I KNOW I have over 600 greenwings, but counting them is more than a little bit of a pain. Because other than the records, TJ's sites doesn't show anything no other fansite does, it would be nice if it were capable of more.

Oh, and having a DC Records thread doesn't do anything IF NO ONE KEEPS IT UP. So far, no one has been really capable of doing of doing so, and I find it a little disappointing.

Edited by Nectaris

Uh...

First reaction: "I do not really need this and there is so much more I would want to see implemented BEFORE this, so...meh."

Second reaction: "Will not whine if this is implemented, will not whine if this is not."

I don't care about a leaderboard, but I WOULD like an OFFICIAL way to count how many of a certain breed I have. I KNOW I have over 600 greenwings, but counting them is more than a little bit of a pain. Because other than the records, TJ's sites doesn't show anything no other fansite does, it would be nice if it were capable of more.

Oh, and having a DC Records thread doesn't do anything IF NO ONE KEEPS IT UP. So far, no one has been really capable of doing of doing so, and I find it a little disappointing.

If people want it regularly updated, people need to volunteer to help. I don't care, so I don't volunteer, but if I did, I would. If you are disappointed in it - you could always offer ? (Not a snark, just a thought.)

I don't care about a leaderboard, but I WOULD like an OFFICIAL way to count how many of a certain breed I have.  I KNOW I have over 600 greenwings, but counting them is more than a little bit of a pain.  Because other than the records, TJ's sites doesn't show anything no other fansite does, it would be nice if it were capable of more.

Oh, and having a DC Records thread doesn't do anything IF NO ONE KEEPS IT UP.  So far, no one has been really capable of doing of doing so, and I find it a little disappointing.

If you have Snaplinks, you can use that to count your dragons quickly. Just right-click and drag over your dragon images, and it has a count of how many images/links it has highlighted. Just don't release the mouse-button, or it will open every link you have highlighted:

user posted image

Just highlight all of your greenwings on one page, then do the same for the next page, ect..., and add up the totals.

Edit: It will help if you temp. sort your scroll by breed before doing this.

Edit2: I just counted your Greenwings for you, and you have:

8/pg1

212/pg4

497/pg5

717 total, as of this edit.

smile.gif

Edited by xeyla

If you have Snaplinks, you can use that to count your dragons quickly. Just right-click and drag over your dragon images, and it has a count of how many images/links it has highlighted. Just don't release the mouse-button, or it will open every link you have highlighted:

user posted image

Just highlight all of your greenwings on one page, then do the same for the next page, ect..., and add up the totals.

Edit: It will help if you temp. sort your scroll by breed before doing this.

Edit2: I just counted your Greenwings for you, and you have:

8/pg1

212/pg4

497/pg5

717 total, as of this edit.

smile.gif

Thanks for the tip, and thanks for counting them!

It would still be nice to have a way on the site itself(or his record site), to count what you have. Even if it is possible to do something on your own/on fansites, it is nice to have a way to do it officially. Lineage/Progeny view originated on fansites too you know.

Thanks for the tip, and thanks for counting them!

It would still be nice to have a way on the site itself(or his record site), to count what you have. Even if it is possible to do something on your own/on fansites, it is nice to have a way to do it officially. Lineage/Progeny view originated on fansites too you know.

I remember Lineage view being on off-sites, and was very happy it could be done on-site. And your welcome happy.gif

I would love to have some counters for breeds as well, I'm trying to grow my olive collection rolleyes.gif

I like this game because of how competitive or non competitive you choose to make it. I like this game because of the multiple styles of play it has. You can challenge yourself, others, and/or no one and you can choose how to do so. I also like the creativity of the players that for those who decide to "work on" and "win" particular goals, how we award them on our own special way.

I like that the format is current player drive, and I think that makes it way more special than any badge (scroll or forum) or anything else. I wish players would do more things like this and I commend all the people who work so hard on the DC records project and hope that they do inspire other people to do player driven things. We don't have to wait on TJ to code everything. In a community, its amazing what a community can do on its own.