Mistress of Whispers

Raise the freezing limit/reduce cooldown

Since you can only use kill 5 times in 2 weeks, 16 freezes is more than enough to cover that, don't you think? Plus, who actually kills frozen hatchlings for zombie fodder if you can just let them run out of time instead and save your few and precious kill slots for your adults?

I use the "Kill" option... never had hatchlings set to die on that day because I actually want the Holiday eggs and get to the 21 limit in first 5 days so I would be deprived of getting lineages I wish for if I prepared zombie fodders without the "Kill" option ninja.gif

You made some good points but even with lifted freezing limit without/until "Unfreeze" option I don't really see the abusement point... Sooner or later and actually pretty fast even with this Freeze limit people reach the Gold Trophy and I don't see the fastness and freezables as scroll dragon count as a bad thing?

Hatchlings are dragons too but yes it is weird when you spam hatch eggs and freeze right away it seems a bit unfair ~ but being able to freeze at 4 days mark is pointless because everyone at that point wants the dragon to grow up ~ maybe if the limit gets lifted and the time when you actually can freeze a hatchling is at their 5 days 12 hours so people won't just clean out AP as you mentioned and actually choose which dragon they really want to freeze and have a bit of lockage on their scrolls ☺

Unlimited might be a bit too much, but I support raising it. Right now 16 seems to narrow for collection purposes. I like being able to freeze at leisure and not worrying about having to time my hatchies right. And I don't think I freeze excessively.

Maybe give it a tiny bump to 21 freezes per 2 weeks for gold trophies, though? 16 seems a kind of random number--it might make more sense to have the freeze limit follow the growing limit for different trophies.

Yeah, that makes more sense indeed.

Other than that, I don't see how this is improving the game. The purpose is collecting, yes, but it's supposed to take time. What's the point in collecting everything you want within a month and then leaving the game due to boredom? You get just plenty of inactive scrolls.

And for a narrative: it takes your own energy to freeze a hatchling, which you need to replenish before you can freeze again. I guess you could also try to get a BSA for certain frosty dragons who could do some additional freezing for you - they'd use their own energy, not yours.

I use the "Kill" option... never had hatchlings set to die on that day because I actually want the Holiday eggs and get to the 21 limit in first 5 days so I would be deprived of getting lineages I wish for if I prepared zombie fodders without the "Kill" option   ninja.gif

You know you can let them die within two weeks before Halloween, and holiday breeding is only one week, yes? They don't need to die on Halloween itself, they just need their "revival" happen that day, and the Revive option is available for 2 weeks after death.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I am neutral on this. I have had gold trophy for long time and I don't even use 16 freeze limit majority of times. I can't even remember the last time my freeze limit ran out. I do freeze S1 S2 hatchies of every breed but I am not particularly in hurry to do everything in short span. The game is here to stay and so am I. smile.gif

I'm one of the people who freezes every stage and gender of every type of hatchie, and while the thought of having so many freeze slots is tempting, I don't need them. If I run out of freezes? I catch something for my breeding projects, or hunt the cave for a bit. It's not hard to pace yourself, honestly.

I could definitely get behind 21 slots for a gold trophy, though. That seems like a reasonable bump. Though in that case we should definitely keep the two-week cooldown.

Edited by silver_chan

I'm one of those who likes to collect everything, and I typically freeze my hatchlings if they gender wrong. I don't mind if the limits get raised a little.

Edited by FlyingDragona

The information on the help page is somewhat outdated (and the text on the /actions/ page just says "few weeks"). I think it's actually only a 1-week cooldown though, and has been for a while (unless that's been fixed recently.)

Other than that, I don't see how this is improving the game. The purpose is collecting, yes, but it's supposed to take time. What's the point in collecting everything you want within a month and then leaving the game due to boredom? You get just plenty of inactive scrolls.

And for a narrative: it takes your own energy to freeze a hatchling, which you need to replenish before you can freeze again. I guess you could also try to get a BSA for certain frosty dragons who could do some additional freezing for you - they'd use their own energy, not yours.

You know you can let them die within two weeks before Halloween, and holiday breeding is only one week, yes? They don't need to die on Halloween itself, they just need their "revival" happen that day, and the Revive option is available for 2 weeks after death.

Yes but we will get more and more dragons released, some having 3-4 different colours from 1 egg not knowing if the right colour will hatch and these do take a very long time/ even trading if they are time based and you're in the inconvenient time zone to get all genders and stages to freeze ~ you will never run out of interest in the game even if you collected all dragon stages there will come more each year and you have to wait 1 year for Valentine/Christmas hatchy freezables anyway smile.gif

Oh! I had no idea about that, thank you for telling me! ☺

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

it would at least be nice to be able to freeze the same amount that can reach adulthood. It's always bugged me that I can raise more dragons from egg to adult than freeze fodder.

This. Definitely this.

I do understand the desire for it not to be unlimited, but it should be raised. It definitely should be raised.

I'm one of the people who freezes every stage and gender of every type of hatchie, and while the thought of having so many freeze slots is tempting, I don't need them. If I run out of freezes? I catch something for my breeding projects, or hunt the cave for a bit. It's not hard to pace yourself, honestly.

I could definitely get behind 21 slots for a gold trophy, though. That seems like a reasonable bump. Though in that case we should definitely keep the two-week cooldown.

How about 14 (two times your egg limit) every single week? It's still more, yet has less potential to screw other players during times of stress.

Or maybe 7 freezes every other day? That's about the number of eggs you can hatch without using low-time eggs, even if you take incubate into account.

How about 14 (two times your egg limit) every single week? It's still more, yet has less potential to screw other players during times of stress.

Or maybe 7 freezes every other day? That's about the number of eggs you can hatch without using low-time eggs, even if you take incubate into account.

When you have a gold trophy, you can freeze 16. That's already more than twice your egg limit, so I am not interested in getting less freezes than we already have. /edit/ oh I see what you mean now. I'm not sure... what would happen if you didn't use one, would it roll over? What if you used them all at once just before the 'rollover' happened, if it happened on a particular day? I would want to know more about this idea.

7 every other day... is tempting, but I'd have to do the math to see if it's better than 16 or not. I'm not great with the math things.

Anyway, 21 wasn't my idea. I'm fine with the number we have, but if we up it at all I'm just saying it shouldn't be more than that.

Edited by silver_chan

Right now, the limit is 16 freezes in 2 weeks (14 days). No roll over.

14 freezes every week sums up to 28 in 2 weeks. This almost increases your freezing limit twofold. No roll over.

7 every other day sums up 49 in 2 weeks. That's more than three times your current freezing limit. Another plus to the short cooldown is that, even if you run out of freezes, the longest you have to wait to freeze again is two days. It's usually possible to keep a hatchling alive for two more days, even if you have to fog it.

If we're going to lift it to 28 we might as well lift it to 32 /shrug. And 49 would be way too many.

I still think that if we lift it at all, 21 is a fine number. We could limit it in other ways, if you think that's too much somehow.

Since people are arguing about scroll limits and freezing limits not being linked right now and the suggestion goes toward "link 'em!" I suggested those numbers.

I strongly object to players being able to freeze 32 in one go, though. That's why I suggested these shorter cooldowns. Maybe 7 every third day, which sum up to 28 in twelve days, would be more appropriate, I don't know.

Honestly? I see no reason to up the limit, and I'm a freezer type. Granted I don't build armies of freezies, but... Yes, I've occasionally run out of freezes. But all I did was wait two weeks and... voila! All back.

Sometimes in life.... you have to have patience. And yes, some people will have to wait a year or two when they are brand new to get all the Holiday freezies. And? That's a problem? I say, let them take the time. Rome was not built in a day. And we aren't talking "forever" here, either. Just two, maybe 3 years to get all the Holiday freezies. And actually, I think that's a reason in *favor* of keeping the lower limit: to give people goals to strive for, make them choose priorities, and give them something to make them come back again the next year.

I have seen no compelling reason in this thread yet to up the limit. The only real reason being "people run out". Well... that's why there's a limit, so people do run out.

Cheers!

C4.

I think that if we do increase freezes, it should be by decreasing the cooldown rather than increasing the number. The effect of halving the cooldown rather than doubling the number is the same for a steady freezer, but it prevents a silly level of freezing a ton of hatchlings at once.

For those saying that newer players would have to take multiple years to collect all Holiday hatchies: *cough* I've been playing since last March. I had a gold trophy by my first holiday and, with careful planning and trading, I not only managed to get and successfully freeze one of each species, stage and gender of Halloween hatchling, but I also got at least one adult of each gender and species- and I got sixteen Caligenes. I did the same for all the Christmas dragons (except I only got two of the new one, naturally tongue.gif), and I only need an S2 Rosebud to complete my Valentines because I wasn't paying attention and it grew up before I remembered to freeze it.

So.... if your excuse is, "But the newbies!" ....yeah, we're fine.

For the idea of raising the number of freezes we have, meh, I don't really care too much. I do want to collect all the sprites but I'll get there eventually. What's the point of snatching them all up in just a few days? When it comes to removing the limit, however- no. It's completely unnecessary and plenty of people would abuse it. Why only take a few dozen eggs from the AP during the holidays when you could take hundreds once the holiday wall gets down to five days?

I think that if we do increase freezes, it should be by decreasing the cooldown rather than increasing the number. The effect of halving the cooldown rather than doubling the number is the same for a steady freezer, but it prevents a silly level of freezing a ton of hatchlings at once.

I can't see a need to raise the limit - but I think this would be the best option if things are to change.

I don't mind increasing amount of freezes or decreasing cooldown time , especially for silver and gold trophies. But this is for a positive reason. We've had so many new dragon releases and so many new adorable hatchlings, aside from the people who collect at least one of each, I want to collect them too for my scroll.

I understand a limitation on Pre Bronze Trophy, and not increasing a huge amount from bronze to silver because people in this range usually are still learning the game and working on a lot of things. Freezing a bunch of hatchlings may be something they enjoy if they have decided to collect, but it isn't that hard of a climb from bronze to silver with a little bit of work. A lot of times people are still navigating their play style, building various important parts. And if they want to hit that silver trophy, they can balance the freezing in between other things.

But once we are hitting Silver Trophies, and Especially Gold Trophies, Freezing dragons isn't being done just to rush the system. There are a lot of dragons and a lot of cute great artwork for the non adults, and we want to get them on our scroll.

If we are going to continue to grow this game with so many dragon breeds and BSAs and different dragon sub species and new mana types and expand the game too, we are going to have to allow for an expansion of freezing as it currently stands. You can expand it either way.

As your game grows, the old limits just don't work anymore. This is a really positive thing, and it is certainly an overdue change. And to also include the freezing of holiday hatchlings now that we can catch past breeds and are not limited by that. I just can't see a reason to not do this in some fashion.

Might be a great thing to consider to introduce during the freezing colder months....

Edited by natayah

I have to say that I've recently switched playstyles a bit, and my style currently includes more frozen hatchlings spanning over more breeds then it did before. Freezing hatchlings has *never* been about "getting around the limits" to me. It's always been about the adorable hatchlings (the Bleeding Moon and Canopys are my favorites). I would love an increase in freezing limit or a decrease in cooldown; I would be plenty satisfied with just a decrease in cooldown.

A decrease in cooldown would be fine for now, but I do think that eventually the overall limits will need to be raised a bit as well.

Why not just add more trophies with even more Freezes ~ Diamond and Platinum Trophies maybe ~ I believe additional trophies were suggested before too?!

Diamond Trophy: 800 dragons ~ 18-20 Freezes ~ 7 egg limit ~ 25 total limit

Platinum Trophy: 1000 dragons ~ 20-24 Freezes ~ 8 egg limit(suggested by TJ himself) ~ 28 total limit

Or reduce cool-down back to 1 week... Everyone was happy with that.

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

I agree with Wolfsgirl on the increase of trophy and the setting back of the cooldown limit. Once you reach a certain amount of dragons on your scroll, you mostly (many become gifters for newbies, or have their own projects) do not freeze for increase of dragons or a better trophy but for a scroll goal or because you love the hatchlings or for setting AP straight again. I personally was very sad when the Frills disappeared and that kind of dissing or complaining has not happened since then.

The AP is always diversed on breeds and I personally love freezing the hatchlings for some seperation and because I love the hatchlings.

I only freeze terrible lineaged ones or some very overly commons (somethimes, when I need them).

I am a hoarder kinda guy and hatchlings are one of the things that I love having on my scroll.

I would be very glad to see at least the retturn to a one week cooldown again. Pleeeeease!!!