TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

HALP! I is stuck, how do I undo myself -.-

I am kitty in blinds.

user posted image

I'm stuck like this as well, but since I play via mobile device have no access to keyboard and mouse controls.

I don't understand how to play this sad.gif I've got to the part of having to go get an ax but all I'm finding is a gnome and other stuff and I don't know how to collect it. I keep going around in circles in the room. What am I supposed to be doing?

Go stand right in front of the shop keeper in the space between the counters and hit space/enter

Thank you, dear! Kinda freaked me out for a second when I found a black screen. ^-^

Oh good it's not just happening to me then. xd.png I thought I just hit the play cap for the day already or something lol.

Go stand right in front of the shop keeper in the space between the counters and hit space/enter

Thank you! Now I'm stuck in the tree lot :\ He keeps going around in circles and is stopped at the trees. Is there a particular tree he's supposed to cut down?

This minigame reminds me quite a bit of the early Pokemon games. Simple and nostalgic. I love it. Also super impressed you guys managed to code this up in time for the holidays.

Many thanks to TJ and everyone who worked on this!

Edit:

Thank you! Now I'm stuck in the tree lot :\ He keeps going around in circles and is stopped at the trees. Is there a particular tree he's supposed to cut down?

Interact with the two tiny trees in the center of the lot, and talk to Perl.

Edited by AGYK

This minigame reminds me quite a bit of the early Pokemon games. Simple and nostalgic. I love it. Also super impressed you guys managed to code this up in time for the holidays.

Many thanks to TJ and everyone who worked on this!

...we are also kind of surprised. If I'm being honest.

Hooray. And thank you.

I haven't even started the game yet but I can tell there was an incredible amount of work and love poured into it! Thanks so very much to everyone who made it possible! biggrin.gif

...we are also kind of surprised. If I'm being honest.

Hooray. And thank you.

To be honest, my first impression was "It looks just like Pokemon during the 3rd gen!"

It looks nice. But I'm glitched and it's not the BSoD, so there's that too. It's because of the ledges, which are also *gasp* in Pokemon!

I just wanted to experiment with jumping into a rock, and now I am stuck in said rock. .-.

To be honest, my first impression was "It looks just like Pokemon during the 3rd gen!"

It looks nice. But I'm glitched and it's not the BSoD, so there's that too. It's because of the ledges, which are also *gasp* in Pokemon!

I just wanted to experiment with jumping into a rock, and now I am stuck in said rock. .-.

Experimenting in an experimental platform is dangerous.

We did a thing to try to address the ledge. Do me a favor and try a hard refresh, friend?

Hey, happy holidays. Would it be enjoyable for you if we posted the game scripts after each day? I would like very much to include you in this event, if we can find a way to do so.

Transcripts should be available on the wiki at the end of each day, if that helps smile.gif

Transcripts should be available on the wiki at the end of each day, if that helps smile.gif

We actually have fully finished scripts with staging directions. We got this.

Okay I still can't get the game to work (I can't see the black box w/border anymore, just the list of controls), but the 'title screen' image finally showed up and am I the only one mildly reminded of "Star Wars" because of the yellow lettering on a black starry background? XD

Pretty nice game. I figured out what to do fairly quickly though (...I blame my Pokemon playing days...)

It got a bit laggy at times, but that mighta been my internet and a crowded webpage. biggrin.giftongue.gif

Good job to those who made it.

biggrin.gif Thank you! Now I get to feel what playing Pokemon is like.

I also recommend playing Pokemon! That game series is top-notch.

Experimenting in an experimental platform is dangerous.

We did a thing to try to address the ledge. Do me a favor and try a hard refresh, friend?

Stuck on a ledge heading into a tree. Tried refreshing my mobile browser with no luck.

Wow, I'm impressed. This so reminds me of the early days in Zelda, just that Zelda (Link's Awakening on good old GameBoy) didn't have color back then. A very big thank you to everyone who helped with that! wub.gif

Wow, I'm impressed. This so reminds me of the early days in Zelda, just that Zelda (Link's Awakening on good old GameBoy) didn't have color back then. A very big thank you to everyone who helped with that! :wub:

Wow, Zelda? :D That's really awesome! Thank you!

A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening are still probably two of my favourite games to this day. :D So many memories!

I haven't played Pokemon or Zelda so I guess I won't figure this game out. The graphics are cute though.

EDIT: I finally figured it out *faceplants in snowdrift*

Edited by whitestar

We actually have fully finished scripts with staging directions. We got this.

user posted image

You wanna flick me a message at the end of the day? xd.png

I haven't played Pokemon or Zelda so I guess I won't figure this game out. The graphics are cute though.

Yeah, you will. I have faith in your abilities!

I love it!!! The little character is so adorable and I am a huge fan of this type of game. The badge is adorable too!

That Holly dragon is cute! Can has pets?

Really pretty game! I love how a lot of the events on DC seem like the artists experimenting with game making; these are going to be some amazing resume builders and hopefully the first step towards some amazing future works. Thanks to everyone for the hard work!

I am lost in the game and I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing. ¯\_( ツ)_/¯

At one point I entered Romeo's house and came out of a completely different house, wound up outside of the map. Don't know if that was intentional or not, haven't been able to replicate it since.