TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

Does the ice puzzle in today's episode reminds anyone else of Chip's Challenge?

(Waaaay old game, you young squirts won't remember it. wink.gif )

it really does remind me of chips challenge

I don't understand how this game works. Can you only play one day per day? Because I missed the first day, and now I see people talking about things I have no clue about.

I found the cat and returned it, but what's this about delivering mail and ice puzzles and finding reindeer and Quark all that? I can't figure out where to go. Is there a guide somewhere aside from how to get through the puzzles? I went back several pages but it's not very useful.

I don't understand how this game works. Can you only play one day per day? Because I missed the first day, and now I see people talking about things I have no clue about.

I found the cat and returned it, but what's this about delivering mail and ice puzzles and finding reindeer and Quark all that? I can't figure out where to go. Is there a guide somewhere aside from how to get through the puzzles? I went back several pages but it's not very useful.

Go back to your house and leave it again.

Guys, I have little to no time to play at all! And I'll be leaving on a trip tomorrow right after work. Right now I'm finishing some lawsuits to present tomorrow, plus making my luggage. Can anyone please explain today's game to me/point me to a guide? I really have no time at all to go the wrong way!

scroll down this page:

wiki

Go back to your house and leave it again.

I did and nothing happened. Had to close the tab and reopen it from the link on my scroll. Got it to work finally.

I guess it only works on computers??? We tried "resetting location" and nothing happened for half an hour.

Well that sucks...me and my friends were really looking forward to this :'(

There are many users who played on phones so you should go to the Help subforum to figure out the problem.

I don't have a smarth phone or tablet to try it.

I got all the reindeer to follow me and was headed back to the town... and hit a glitch!! D:< Sprite got stuck "walking" into a boundary and WOULD NOT stop walking/turn/face any other direction, so after all that work I had to exit without saving. D:

Should've screencapped it, but: if you're leading reindeer south from the area where they were trapped, BE CAREFUL and don't get between/beside the snowdrift and the "hillside" just below it (it looks like the bottom half of a rectangle: |____| ) You can get trapped and will have to restart!

Edit: Aaaaand I'm trapped forever, apparently, because closing the game window and coming back to it only makes it open to the same screen, and my sprite is still stuck. D:

user posted image

Guess I'll try logging out and then logging back in.

Edit 2: Nooooooope. Logging out and logging back in still gives me the stuck screen.

Edited by sorenna

I got all the reindeer to follow me and was headed back to the town...  and hit a glitch!!  D:<  Sprite got stuck "walking" into a boundary and WOULD NOT stop walking/turn/face any other direction, so after all that work I had to exit without saving.  D:

Should've screencapped it, but: if you're leading reindeer south from the area where they were trapped, BE CAREFUL and don't get between/beside the snowdrift and the "hillside" just below it (it looks like the bottom half of a rectangle: |____| )   You can get trapped and will have to restart!

Edit:  Aaaaand I'm trapped forever, apparently, because closing the game window and coming back to it only makes it open to the same screen, and my sprite is still stuck.  D:

user posted image

Guess I'll try logging out and then logging back in.

Edit 2: Nooooooope.  Logging out and logging back in still gives me the stuck screen.

You have to hold the up arrow (or "W" key) while resetting (F5), you'll restart just above the snow pile. Make sure you keep the up arrow held while resetting.

ETA: I was stuck in the same place.

Edited by casprrr

How do I get to the ice puzzle? I talked to Luid but I have no idea where to go...

Go to the west area and follow the fence of the farm north. There will be an opening that will take to you the Northwest Passage.

Edited by 11th

Have you tried the out of bounds/reset your location link?

Yes, I have; it resets me, but the sprite immediately runs back into the boundary and gets stuck again before I've even touched a new direction. D:

Some of my Mistletoe hatchling have gendered Male, did not know this could happen. Will need to remember to influence them next year.

Yes, I have; it resets me, but the sprite immediately runs back into the boundary and gets stuck again before I've even touched a new direction. D:

FINALLY got out of there!! *cheers*

The trick turned out to be resetting location (UP + F5) and, from the moment the screen is black, hammering the right arrow so that the sprite would turn before crashing back into it.

Hurray! Hope nobody else gets as stuck as I did. biggrin.gif

Please do not post explicit information telling others about potentially game-breaking bugs and game-breaking spoilers in this thread and how to exploit them.

We want everyone to be able to enjoy the game as it was intended to be played, and we would like to keep potential glitch exploit damage to a minimum.

If you find an issue that has yet to be reported in this thread, please PM one of us (birdzgoboom, Odeen, Marrionetta) so we can mark it on our list of things to fix. Thanks!

Friendly reminder before the next day's quest launches!

Ok I got the first 4 reindeer, and can't figure out how to get back as I keep sliding on the ice thing. Help D:

Ok I got the first 4 reindeer, and can't figure out how to get back as I keep sliding on the ice thing. Help D:

I had to reset the game, but now I can't get the reindeer. I'm stuck as well.

Once you have the reindeer, you just go south from the little field - you don't have to go back through the maze or the ice patch.

I get the reindeer, and head south, but then I get stuck and can't move, and the reindeer disappear and I have to reset the game, because nothing else I try can free me. I've started over 4 times now. Where is it that I can get out of the field? :-)

You have to hold the up arrow (or "W" key) while resetting (F5), you'll restart just above the snow pile. Make sure you keep the up arrow held while resetting.

I tried this, the last few times I got stuck, and it still didn't free me.

Edited by Jennie

I've got the reindeer, but can't figure out how to get back. I get that you don't have to go back over the ice, but where do you go? I can't seem to get through anywhere to get to where the snow drifts are.