TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

-game bug discussion removed-

Still loving this game!

ETA: My second sentence said nothing about a bug! Why was it deleted?

Edited by walkinslow

Game won't work for me at all.

I've got a blank black screen. sad.gif

It takes a while to load - for how long did you wait?

I like the game smile.gif nice and casual. Took me a while to realize I could walk past the tree today (up high after the frozen lake)

So, is there something I'm supposed to do with the pocket watch I found in the snow? Or the foodstuff I got from the general store that supplied me with the axe on day one?

Edited by Data_Girl_3

Use a tool like the Dragcave Server Time here or pay attention to the clock in default skin. Personally i use the old Blackout skin so it is very likely i will never have a clock ingame.

I wonder if my choice of mate for my Mistletoe is the most popular. https://dragcave.net/lineage/icD3w

The Ribbon Dancer hatchling is soooo cute: https://dragcave.net/lineage/05zpX i have to freeze the child of her next year. Like a cat playing with it's tail.

So we will see if the Holdiday from this year will follow the pattern and being a male only or at least a male only as CB breed.

By the way bred Mistletoes can have both genders so if you need a female only you better influence the egg to be a female. Or you influence it male and greating a spiral like me. tongue.gif

@Data_Girl_3

Nobody discovered a possible to do something besides carrying all day around with your character. Maybe a future day will made use of it.

Edited by Tigerkralle

Is the cat over by the cave entrance Buffy? And is that the Bloodscale's home?

Or is it some random cave with a cat outside of it that for a later thing?

This current day is glitching really bad. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Gah! Headache isn't helping either. It shouldn't take 45 minutes to play a game like this. Can anyone help please? If not I will not be advancing in this game. These glitches are too much for me. sad.gif

Just a few things regarding common issues. I hope this isn't considered spoiler or glitch discussion, but if something is wrong then please feel free to edit it. :S

When you take the reindeer back:

• If you find them before finishing the ice puzzle, continue north instead of leaving the route.
  • If you find them after the forest puzzle, go directly south of where you find them. You do not need to take them back north and through the forest and ice puzzles. Doing so may prevent you from completing the day, and you'll have to redo the route again.

If you are stuck in a sliding animation and cannot move:

• If you are stuck in a snow pile, first try pressing the space bar/enter key/green button. If after several seconds you hear no digging sound and the snow does not move, continue reading.
  • Hold the up arrow or "w" key and refresh the page, keeping the button pressed until the game is completely loaded. Usually this will put you one space above where you are stuck, and you'll be free to continue. This does not work on the mobile version.
  • Press the text below the game that says "Out of bounds? Click to reset your location." Click "Ok" on the box that pops up asking if you want to reset. This will send you back to your house. You will have to go back to the Northwest Passage and redo what you had done.

Finished the day.

Today was more glitchy than any of the others so far, but I'm still happy with it. I keep itching to explore more, but I really don't find anything new yet. Waiting for more areas to unlock I guess.

The reindeer never showed up. No matter where I look. I'm bad at puzzles. I've reset this day too much. It explains much. Since the reindeer won't show up and their are puzzles. it looks bleak. I doubt another reset will help.

Edited by Sheelah

I am liking the game pretty well. Short 'days' are good for everyone who might need to do real life stuff.

I do wish we could play last winter's game again though- I had gotten very fond of making designs with the tiles.

The bags of holiday cards and the bag of ballots in the Post Office are so cute. I just love the level of detail in this game.

Thanks I got out of the house went into another one but it wasn't the right one either so backtracked and entered another one. YAY found my house and Perl. I just found her then she takes off biggrin.gif And it comes up Day complete so do I do the next one tomorrow or what as I didn't start it until today.

Thanks I got out of the house went into another one but it wasn't the right one either so backtracked and entered another one. YAY found my house and Perl. I just found her then she takes off biggrin.gif And it comes up Day complete so do I do the next one tomorrow or what as I didn't start it until today.

You can do all the days you missed in the same day. It's after your finish Day 4 that you'll have to wait with the rest of us.

I really love these kinds of games(I beta tested one a friend of mine made once) and it'd be cool to have these more often. Only thing I don't like so far is the ice puzzle thing. I can't figure it out and I've done it every way I can think of. I just can't see another way to do it. Can I just have a pair of ice skates, please? xd.png

EDIT: Got it.

Edited by Raikielia

You can play through all of the adventures today if you want.

Had a good laugh just now bred my holly draggie Kris Holly and got 5 eggs so kept the one with the letter k and abandoned the rest to the ac checked there as soon as I did and like they must have all gone in a blink of an eye biggrin.gif

-removed, please PM birdz, odeen or marrionetta if you find a glitch- Edited by rubyshoes

Please do not post explicit information telling others about potentially game-breaking bugs and game-breaking spoilers in this thread and how to exploit them.

We want everyone to be able to enjoy the game as it was intended to be played, and we would like to keep potential glitch exploit damage to a minimum.

If you find an issue that has yet to be reported in this thread, please PM one of us (birdzgoboom, Odeen, Marrionetta) so we can mark it on our list of things to fix. Thanks!

new page smile.gif

Ever since Marrionetta made that comment about let's playing this I've been thinking about speedrunning it, heh. |D Too bad there's no way to replay the whole game.

Is the cat over by the cave entrance Buffy? And is that the Bloodscale's home?

Or is it some random cave with a cat outside of it that for a later thing?

WHAT CAVE ? And why don't I see half this stuff ??

WHAT CAVE ? And why don't I see half this stuff ??

Highlight:

Next to the field where you found the reindeer (after the frozen pond and the tree maze) look to the left of the screen you can see a cat in front of a cave.