TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

*sigh*

Still stuck on Day 2. Going back to the house and watering tree does not get me out of Day 2. Clicking on the reset button does not get me out of Day 2.

Neither does changing browsers, clearing my cache, or rebooting my laptop.

I feel like Bill Murray in the Groundhog Day movie.

Will I ever be able to play days 3 to 12?

This has been the saddest, most disappointing event that I have ever played here at Dragcave sad.gif

I thought I read the ranch guy's speech correctly, but apparently not, because I've wandered around the town for nearly 30 minutes trying to find the start of this mission. He apparently despawned so I can't talk to him again.

Nice quest but I must admit some sort of objective counter would be great...

Please do not post explicit information telling others about potentially game-breaking bugs and game-breaking spoilers in this thread and how to exploit them.

We want everyone to be able to enjoy the game as it was intended to be played, and we would like to keep potential glitch exploit damage to a minimum.

If you find an issue that has yet to be reported in this thread, please PM one of us (birdzgoboom, Odeen, Marrionetta) so we can mark it on our list of things to fix. Thanks!

Friendly reminder!

Has anyone been able to start day 5 yet? I've wandered everywhere I can get to and poked everything I see, but nothing happens.

*sigh*

Still stuck on Day 2. Going back to the house and watering tree does not get me out of Day 2. Clicking on the reset button does not get me out of Day 2.

This has been the saddest, most disappointing event that I have ever played here at Dragcave sad.gif

Did you find Buffy?

Did you find Buffy?

Yes. On Day 2 of the event. I gave it to the owner and went back to my house. It told me I completed Day 2.

Has anyone been able to start day 5 yet? I've wandered everywhere I can get to and poked everything I see, but nothing happens.

Well, no. It is still Day 4. Patience - Day 5 will start at midnight, cave time !

I thought I read the ranch guy's speech correctly, but apparently not, because I've wandered around the town for nearly 30 minutes trying to find the start of this mission. He apparently despawned so I can't talk to him again.

Nice quest but I must admit some sort of objective counter would be great...

Walk west till you can go way north. That's the start.

Edited by fuzzbucket

We're still on day 4. Day 5 should start in about 10 and a half hours.

Well, no. It is still Day 4. Patience - Day 5 will start at midnight, cave time !

LOL I started late and did day 1-4 all at once. I had the impression I was still a day behind, but I guess I'm caught up now.

This year's Christmas event is awesome! I loved playing the Pokémon games, it's simple but also a challenge. Great job Tj!

I know little to nothing of Pokemon, but I usually can only play puzzle games since more involved ones are bad for my health... so this has been excellent for me. biggrin.gif

*sigh*

OK, I replayed Day 2. This time when it asked me what I wanted to do after I completed Day2 I chose "leave" instead of "go back to the house and continue playing". That allowed me to move on to Day 3.

I can't get past the ice puzzle.... Well back to random key directions until I figure it out -.-

Ha just figured it out xd.png

Edited by Clya

Thanks fuzzbucket. Wish I saw this before because its now been well over an hour. Given the amount of RPGs I've played I'm disappointed it has taken me so long to find a new area in such a small map size.

Going to have to put some time to this later. I got through some apparent ice slide puzzle but its a dead end and there does not seem to be a way to reverse slide through the puzzle back to where I came from. Thinking its something to do with that long straight passage but there doesn't seem to be a way to travel up there.

Yes, another day is complete!

No more snowing... sad.gif

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of IOUs.

I can't go West! sad.gif

I could go on Day 2 while looking for Buffy, I did and completed the Day 2 quest by accident (didn't realise it was a bug until I got the message "Day complete").

Yesterday I tried to go West but the barriers were back up, and so they are today!

I tried going back to the house, watering the tree and even resetting, but to no avail...

Is there something that can be done so I won't lose Day 3 and 4 progress? Thank you so much!

By the way, I absolutely *adore* this event!

Edited by ScaryPangolin

I can't decide if I want to release the reindeer or give them to the rancher....

I WANT A REINDEER TOWN! *evil laugh*

Aw and now they are gone sad.gif

Edited by Clya

Hahaha, the reindeer can walk through/over rocks you have to go around xd.png

Just an amusing observation I noticed when digging one of the snowdrifts. Probably a glitch, but not one that affects the game in any way.

So I'm going North looking for lost reindeer, and I hit an ice pond. Am I supposed to find a way around it? Is it the puzzle or it it just for fun?

Nevermind, I seem to have passed it...

Edited by LipizzanerKgirl

Thanks fuzzbucket. Wish I saw this before because its now been well over an hour. Given the amount of RPGs I've played I'm disappointed it has taken me so long to find a new area in such a small map size.

Going to have to put some time to this later. I got through some apparent ice slide puzzle but its a dead end and there does not seem to be a way to reverse slide through the puzzle back to where I came from. Thinking its something to do with that long straight passage but there doesn't seem to be a way to travel up there.

It's not a dead end, it's a maze. you can get past some of the obstacles, it just doesn't look like it.

I'm stuck behind a mound of snow or something and I can't get my little person to move. Is this a glitch?

Oh look, a reindeer! Come dig me out of the snow, little reindeer!

Edited by LipizzanerKgirl

I did it! Those mazes were frustrating and I ended up using Helel's spoiler pictures (thank you!), but I finally did it! And I returned the reindeer to... whatever his name was. I would've let them go in the town, I could just picture people running out of the way as reindeer ran past, but the thought of them possibly being eaten by a dragon was too much to bear.