TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

Ah, I wondered if that was my only option!  Thanks a lot for confirming it for me, appreciated. smile.gif

Glad I could be of service smile.gif

Hey, is that Buffy outside the cave? On the left of the field where you find the reindeer. Tried to find a path to her, but no luck yet.

Edited by Isuzu

How long do I wait for the woman to come back?

I'm stuck on yesterday's day and I cant progress and it makes me sad that I can't get to the end...

How long do I wait for the woman to come back?

I'm stuck on yesterday's day and I cant progress and it makes me sad that I can't get to the end...

Try interacting with some things inside the house.

Nice! Completed day four smile.gif Loved the reindeers and the cat. The ice puzzle was fun once I knew it was a puzzle. At first I thought it was glitched, since I couldn't move in another direction once I was on the ice. But I liked it!

And, I caught a very nice Mistletoe! Never thought about this combination. I do have CB mistletoes and CB Striped Rivers of my own, so I can breed a mate for it smile.gif Thanks Alayajoy for breeding this egg!

Thanks again artists/designers! I absolutely love this game!

Edited by Sheriziya

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Currently_Being_Released - where I found the answer

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry9054098 - source

Being kind of Holly counterparts, bred Mistletoes can be any gender. Longer story - in the links.

Thanks for posting those links, I didn't influence my first lot of Mistletoes, but that's on me for not checking the help section, fingers crossed they end up the way I wanted them. Regardless, I love Mistletoes so I'll be on the lookout for more now. Cheers!

Did anyone else find something in the snow?

Yep. Not sure what to do with it yet though.

I got stuck after I got the reindeer ;-;

I also got stuck like that few minutes ago and tried reseting browser, but finally i figured how to reset, its that sentence there, you should click on it to reset haha

user posted image

Edited by xX Blythe Xx

Okay, I've been through the forest and dug through all the snowdrifts, and all I've done is come back down the mountain. There are reindeer fenced in a field but they were there when I went up.

Do I need to look around somewhere?

While I do appreciate the creativity that went into this year's event, I really wish that some more effort had been put into optimizing it. I have played countless games of all descriptions and have never had an issue, but both of my computers struggle to even run such a tiny pixel game for more than two minutes before it starts skipping and locking up. I have heard the same issue from a friend who also plays and lives hundreds of miles from me, so I know it isn't just my internet or computers.

The reindeer aren't fenced, they are OUTSIDE the fence, wandering free. You need to negotiate an ice puzzle, and a tree/rocks puzzle to get to them, and the treats will make them follow you.

Okay, I've been through the forest and dug through all the snowdrifts, and all I've done is come back down the mountain. There are reindeer fenced in a field but they were there when I went up.

Do I need to look around somewhere?

Have you actually activated the quest for day 4? Maybe you should try enter your house, then leave it, then the owner of the reindeer should be wandering around the town square and you can talk to him.

Got the quest to go find the missing reindeer, but no luck in finding where they are. My guy moves so slow that I am actually nauseous from trying to navigate. lol Maybe I need to refresh? I dunno. So lost.

This is such a cool event and I can't even imagine the work that went into creating this. Thank you!!!

I've bumbled my way through the ice maze and even got to where the deer were, they followed me and I dug through snow several times, got the watch and then got stuck - the lil guy couldn't move anywhere and the deer disappeared! So I had to reset - AGAIN!! This is not that much fun just when you think you've got the thing done!

For those stuck, quoting Helen:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does anyone know if there's a way to reach that orange kitty? It's so cute!

I swear the ice puzzle is different now than when I played it just after midnight DC time. At the time, I'd just enter the puzzle, go immediately left (while still walking on the ground, not on the ice) and then I'd go straight up the ice (upwards) and then I'd be on the other side already. (I'm 100% certain that this is how I did it, because I'd had to go through the ice puzzle three times, thanks to getting stuck on the mountain three times because of a glitch.) I can't do that any longer now - there's now a rock in place that prevents me from going left (on the ground) in the way I did before. For a moment, I wondered if I'd been barred from exploring the area anew because I had completed the day this night, but after checking this thread, I see that's not the case. The puzzle had simply been changed - I was successfully able to get over the other side after the instructions in Helel's post.

I swear the ice puzzle is different now than when I played it just after midnight DC time. At the time, I'd just enter the puzzle, go immediately left (while still walking on the ground, not on the ice) and then I'd go straight up the ice (upwards) and then I'd be on the other side already. (I'm 100% certain that this is how I did it, because I'd had to go through the ice puzzle three times, thanks to getting stuck on the mountain three times because of a glitch.) I can't do that any longer now - there's now a rock in place that prevents me from going left (on the ground) in the way I did before. For a moment, I wondered if I'd been barred from exploring the area anew because I had completed the day this night, but after checking this thread, I see that's not the case. The puzzle had simply been changed - I was successfully able to get over the other side after the instructions in Helel's post.

I'm pretty sure that's on purpose. The rock was put there so players can't bypass the puzzle anymore.

Can anybody help me get past this part?

user posted image

I'm trying to go downwards so I can get to the reindeer.

Go right, past the big tree and then go upwards immediately before you hit that big rock behind the big tree. Then go left and then downwards again, towards the bald tree. Once you're at the bald tree, you go right and then you go down. I think you can figure out the rest from there. wink.gif

Like the other items in your inventory, or what you can get at the store, nothing right now, but probably later.

Finished the reindeer puzzle (finally... took me a while. I felt really dumb when I realized how to solve it xd.png ) So... now what do I do? Anything? Or does one puzzle come out each day or something? I wandered around the entire village and nothing appears to be happening lol.